Sign in to follow this  
Lindelani Mnisi

Are storms evil?

I just can't help but feel a dark force behind storms, as if it's the cause of some evil creature or something...so am I being paranoid, or is there really something malevolent/sinister about storms?

It's natural for people to personify things, but seriously a storm is just a natural event - not Thor being pissed off. :)

Edited by Seeker of the Self

Yes, you are being paranoid.

It's nature's way of reestablishing a balance to the planet.

We all need to let off a little steam now and again.

• Like 2

Storms, as everything else in nature, have both the constructive and destructive elements within them. They clear and thus make room for the new.

Edited by taijistudent
  • Like 2

Edited by sinansencer

It's not evil but I agree about the ominous vibe some storms can give off. There sometimes does seem to be an intention behind some of them, something relentless. But I think it's just the nature of the vibe. Doesn't surprise me that they get personified because of it.

The trick (for me anyway) is to work out which direction the information is coming from. I'll let you know when I've figured that one out.

Storm is part of Nature. Yes, you are being paranoid because you did not recognize that you are dealing with Nature as a natural thing.

• Like 2

Afterwards the air is electrically charged and unusually clean and fresh. A few breaths of it and the threatening darkness was worthwhile for its later gift.

• Like 1

Just another mean old troublemaking buddy to have fun with.

I am a storm junkie.

When everyone else goes to the basement, I go stand in a field or head out for a trail run.

Love being pelted with rain- as long as it's not cold

Winter storms best looking out a window with a fire, hot cocoa and playing old Johnny Cash tunes.

Have happy lying on beach as a low grade hurricane rolled in.

You don't have to be upset by storms. Try walking calmly instead of running to your house or car, you won't melt. If weather service says to take shelter or evacuate then you should probably do it.

Nothing is wrong when it rains

Even from my eyes.

• Like 4

It's natural for people to personify things, but seriously a storm is just a natural event - not Thor being pissed off. :)

If it Thor being pissed off, then the best thing to do is probably to stand out in field and yell "yay, bring it, baby!"

• Like 1

I agree with tai chi student. Although I do and have always love to experience a thunder storm, my father and I have always enjoyed them together. I also find a connection with that childhood fascination and this baguazhang that came to be a part of my lfie came from Tibetan thunder and lightning martial tradation.

many old or animistic type traditions see reflections of the 3 worlds {Heavenly/earthly/Underworld} in events and creatures.

So a storm could well be seen as having underworld forces or beings behind it. But underworld creatures and energies are not seen as 'Evil' but rather as having qualities {at least some of them anyway} that may be course, chaotic, wild, dangerous, greedy, destructive - And totally necessary to life.

And an incredibly calm day where all seems at peace would be seen as having the Harmonious vibes of the upper world behind it.

Those forces also being totally necessary to life.

In this light Wall street could be viewed as an underworld 'temple' of sorts, where desperate greedy people clamour and compete for 'more'...

• Like 2

Oh, well I guess I really have nothing to worry about, cuz one these days I was going to step out in the storm and challenge whoever was bringing it....but oh well, thanks guys

I just can't help but feel a dark force behind storms, as if it's the cause of some evil creature or something...so am I being paranoid, or is there really something malevolent/sinister about storms?

Most likely what you are perceiving is that storms are pushing negative energy in front of them. Most people who practice energetics can sense this so you are not alone in feeling it. But storms are very cleansing and are a needed thing. Think how stagnant it would be without them.

• Like 4

Good and evil is a contruct of your mind. Storms create more charged particles in the in the atmosphere from friction created by colliding masses of air, creating static.

There are also changes in air-pressure and temperature which you might notice on a more subtle level, not to mention it could ruin your picnic. You also don't want to be drenched so it kinda sucks. I like the rain and storms personally, I sleep the best during storms. They also save having to pay for water for your garden and/or plants.

Edited by teknix

Most likely what you are perceiving is that storms are pushing negative energy in front of them. Most people who practice energetics can sense this so you are not alone in feeling it. But storms are very cleansing and are a needed thing. Think how stagnant it would be without them.

lightnin.gif

Edited by teknix

Oh, well I guess I really have nothing to worry about, cuz one these days I was going to step out in the storm and challenge whoever was bringing it....but oh well, thanks guys

A few years ago, a friend of mine went salmon fishing along the Shannon river. Shortly after he got there, another fisherman came by, and they both had a brief exchange of fisherman's tales, as fishing fellows do. So then, after the niceties were done, they both started casting their rods. About an hour into their adventure, a thunderstorm began brewing, but these two avid chaps paid no heed, and carried on fishing. Lightning is quite a rare thing here in Ireland, but shortly after the storm broke, my friend literally got a shock when there was this big flash and bang right next to him, threw him a few yards back, and temporarily blurred/numbed his senses. After he regained a fraction of composure, he tried to see what had happened to his new compadre. In utter horror and disbelief, he saw the chap had unfortunately been killed by the blast.

Sometimes it pays to be a little cautious. Respect is good. Challenge? Hmm... If that's your thing, then that is your thing, i guess.

Edited by C T

Yes.

As others have said, nothing is anything... only what you make it.

Personally I love storms, very refreshing and exciting to me.

John

• Like 1

Personally I love storms, very refreshing and exciting to me.

Just felt like adding this: I like rain 'cause if I get enough free rain I don't have to pay money for the utility water to keep my fish ponds at proper water level.

Storms are like natures rock concert, just have to groove along. Some of my best memories growing up are sitting on the back porch during a summer lightening storm.

I have a fear of being struck by lightening, as I find myself often exposed on a mountaintop.

I have a fear of being struck by lightening, as I find myself often exposed on a mountaintop.

What in the world are you doing on mountain tops? Do you yodel?

Storms, as everything else in nature, have both the constructive and destructive elements within them. They clear and thus make room for the new.

they are a blessing and at the same time could be a warning

Sign in to follow this