Aaron

Religion is the poison of Spirituality

while we're at it -- I'm sorry for everything, cat. :(

I dont get at all why you are apologizing? And I dont get at all why you are apologizing to me. :blink:

• Like 2

Calvin: [i pray for] The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference.

Calvin: Do you believe in the Devil? You know, a supreme evil being dedicated to the temptation, corruption, and destruction of man?

Hobbes: I'm not sure man needs the help.

Calvin: You just can't talk to animals about these things.

Mrs. Wormwood: "What state do you live in?"

Calvin: "Denial."

Calvin: I like maxims that don't encourage behavior modification.

• Like 1

I do not, however, possess unconditional love for anything, ...

Hi -K-,

I will take the liberty to suggest that this statement is not true. No, you don't have to unconditionally love Vmarco. Hehehe.

Right now I see you waking up, wiping the sleepy dirt from your eyes so that you might be able to see more clearly.

Hint: Don't believe what others say unless they have shown their words through actions supporting their words.

• Like 4

If you look at Recep Ivedik's post with a clear view, it really is no different than posts from CowTow, gatito, anamatva, shenlung, etc,...who find nothing really usefull or interesting being said here,...because in fact, their posts are devoid of any meaningful contribution to the elevation/liberation of humankind.

I like typing my posts from the point of view that I could die tonight,...in other words,...if I was to die tonight,...what kind of post would I be spending my last minutes with?

"Soon we all will die; our hopes and fears will be irrelevant....on the luminous continuity of existence which has no origin and which has never died, we project all the images of life and death, terror and joy, demons and gods. These images become our complete reality, and we submit without thinking to their dance. In all the movements of this dance we project our greatest fears on death, and we make every effort to ignore it." The Great Liberation

Cheeky :P

Honestly!

Just cos I like wearing nice shoes, everybody jumps to conclusions.

I'm an old Osho sannyasin guys, there aint no sentient mammal that one time or other........., and that in myriad permutations.

The old scally wag knew what he was about when he gave my sannyas name to be Swami Prem Ananto (Mr. Love Infinite).

Ah happy days.

Long gone, but memories abide.

Edited by GrandmasterP

Honestly!

Just cos I like wearing nice shoes, everybody jumps to conclusions.

I'm an old Osho sannyasin guys, there aint no sentient mammal that one time or other........., and that in myriad permutations.

The old scally wag knew what he was about when he gave my sannyas name to be Swami Prem Ananto (Mr. Love Infinite).

Ah happy days.

Long gone, but memories abide.

"Oooh you are awful but I like you", D. Emery.

"Religious suffering is, at one and the same time, the expression of real suffering and a protest against real suffering. Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people.

The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is the demand for their real happiness. To call on them to give up their illusions about their condition is to call on them to give up a condition that requires illusions. The criticism of religion is, therefore, in embryo, the criticism of that vale of tears of which religion is the halo.

Criticism has plucked the imaginary flowers on the chain not in order that man shall continue to bear that chain without fantasy or consolation, but so that he shall throw off the chain and pluck the living flower." K. Marx

"Would you like rice or noodles with that?" L. Tzu (Golden Duck Emporium, Finchley)

Edited by Apech

Hi -K-,

I will take the liberty to suggest that this statement is not true. No, you don't have to unconditionally love Vmarco. Hehehe.

Right now I see you waking up, wiping the sleepy dirt from your eyes so that you might be able to see more clearly.

Hint: Don't believe what others say unless they have shown their words through actions supporting their words.

Now that sounded very sweet Mr MH. I didn't know exactly what to apply it to right away, so I applied it as a validation for a personal situation - the part about believing what others say unless they have shown their words through actions supporting their words: this (people insisting you believe their words while their actions say otherwise) is precisely the set of conditions under which I was raised - and I suspect many people, if they are unlucky, may have some experience of that. The worst of this setup, unconditional love, being expected from them but not given to them.

Then I plumbed the depths to consider whether I do in fact (per your suggestion) have unconditional love for anything (or anyone) and at first i came up with 'myself'. Upon closer recall (of the numerous times I self-condemn and criticize and berate) I decided that wasn't applicable. I suppose I could apply it to places, being there is only my perception of them at work in the situation. However, when it comes to people, I'm very much looking at a conditional kind of sentiment. I reckon it would be a great thread to discuss what 'unconditional love' is for the bums and what stands in its way.

I suggest that situations as described above stand in its way, or at least make it more difficult, as do the exhortions that it is in some way acheiveable - but only after having forgone something of oneself (such as 'ego', 'pride') or one's wishes to be treated decently and respectfully by others (apparently referred to as 'expectations' of which one is supposed to - in the interests of 'unconditional love' rid oneself.

So as you can see Mr MH, I am very far from being awake. Further, the whole topic of unconditional love brings me nausea, which I don't think it's supposed to.

<snip>

And the primary colors are still Red, Yellow, and Blue. Hehehe. Yes, I changed my mind. Yea! for me. I still like RGB though.

</snip>

Red, green & blue are considered primary additive colors (think mixing beams of colored light, for instance) while the primary subtractive colors (think mixing paints) are cyan, magenta and yellow (although artists traditionally use red yellow & blue).

This all has to do with the trichromatic structure of the human eye than with the nature of light...

It's a crock, all of it.

As any fule kno....

Round about 4004 BCE was creation....

Six days is all it took.

Seventh day was a statutory rest day cos God's in the union.

My problem, as a scientist and thinking person, is with "Evolution" rather than "evolution" (if you follow the distinction...)

Exactly again. I did not replace God with Evolution. I simply denied God and looked to nature for my answers.

Chap admiring the vicar's garden says...

"God has certainly given you a beautiful garden padre".

Vicar replies...

"Really, do you think so? You should have seen the state that it was in when He had it to himself".

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 2

Here's a plug for religion. Its nice to have family traditions. Shabbat is great, even when bastardized. A special time of peace and togetherness, beyond a normal family dinner. An important holiday that takes place weekly. We recite prayers that basically say, Wow, within this time God's mystery and spirit pervades. Hold up wine and basically say Within this wine Gods mystery and spirit pervades, within this bread.. It's nice, it doesn't get old and builds a bond between us. I'm sure all traditions have family ceremonies that bring similar feelings.

Unconditional love is a high ideal. If we, in our personal endevours strive for perfection and yet fall short, should we fault the concept of striving for perfection? I think not, since it was just this pursuit that enabled us to reach so high, and progress so far, despite failing to reach the goal. If others should fail to reach this goal as well, shall we blame them for their imperfections also?

Imperfection seems to be indemic in this universe, and yet we all strive to be better; some with more success, some less.

I absolutely despise the behaviors of some people, and truely wish that they could find a way to progress past these issues. Ultimately, they must make this progress on their own, if able, and I will recieve the news that they have won past the barrier with great joy. But I will not hate them for indulging in the beliefs that I theorize to be false. Wish them much success in the fields of tap dancing or orchid cultivation, perhaps .. but not hate.

• Like 2

Interesting post Shen Lung. From my experience I certainly wouldn't fault others for striving for ideals from themselves.

Interesting post Shen Lung. From my experience I certainly wouldn't fault others for striving for ideals from "and for" themselves.

Except I am moved by compassion

How dwelleth Tao spirit in me?

In word and in deed

Burning love is my creed

And that through the flow of the Qi

(Grandmaster Chang)

• Like 1