Aaron

Religion is the poison of Spirituality

Dern it, Cat, I can't keep up with all of the video posts qq

I like where you're going with the breath, though .. more please :)

So long as the priest, that professional negator, slanderer and poisoner of life, is regarded as a superior type of human being, there cannot be any answer to the question: What is Truth?

-- Friedrich Nietzsche

Shen Lung. I know, its a 9 minute video. It seems a long time in the hurly burly of the chaise longue of this thread. But it is worth it.

Worth it.

Even if you were to be dying tonight, I'd say its worth it. Maybe especially if you were dying tonight.

• Like 1

So long as the priest, that professional negator, slanderer and poisoner of life, is regarded as a superior type of human being, there cannot be any answer to the question: What is Truth?

-- Friedrich Nietzsche

If I were to be dying tonight, VM, I couldnt regard you as a superior type of being and take yours and substitute it for mine.

I like typing my posts from the point of view that I could die tonight,...in other words,...if I was to die tonight,...what kind of post would I be spending my last minutes with?

"Soon we all will die; our hopes and fears will be irrelevant....on the luminous continuity of existence which has no origin and which has never died, we project all the images of life and death, terror and joy, demons and gods. These images become our complete reality, and we submit without thinking to their dance. In all the movements of this dance we project our greatest fears on death, and we make every effort to ignore it." The Great Liberation

I have never read "Book Of The Dead". Never had a reason to do so. I look to nature and realize that everything that is brought into life will one day return to death (non-life).

Funny thing, this morning I wasn't feeling very flexible and I thought to myself, "I'm not sure I want to live to the age of 116 if I'm going to get much worse than I am feeling right now."

I don't think about death much. I consider that to be a 100% probability. I will die. No, I don't want to know when that will be.

If there is life after death I will be sure to come back and let y'all know. So many other people have promised but they all have broken their promise.

IF i am dying tonight, has this thread brought me to any kind of resolve or peace or conclusion? Can I offer anyone in this thread something to bring them peace? Probably not. In fact I've spent all week trying to be happy just in case I die tonight because I figure it would be a bummer to die unhappy. Didn't work.

• Like 1

After coming into contact with a religious man I always feel I must wash my hands. Friedrich Nietzsche

Minute 1:22

I have never been inspired to read or listen to Osho. There were many followers so I am sure he had some things of value to say for some people.

"Whoever has the blood of theism in his veins, stands from the start in a false and dishonest position to all things." Friedrich Nietzsche

If I were to be dying tonight, VM, I couldnt regard you as a superior type of being and take yours and substitute it for mine.

Wise choice Cat.

"There is no heresy or no philosophy which is so abhorrent to Christianity as a human being." James Joyce

• Like 1

"The word "belief" is a difficult thing for me. I don’t believe. I must have a reason for a certain hypothesis. Either I know a thing, and then I know it -- I don’t need to believe it." Carl Jung

• Like 2

Shen Lung. I know, its a 9 minute video. It seems a long time in the hurly burly of the chaise longue of this thread. But it is worth it.

Worth it.

Even if you were to be dying tonight, I'd say its worth it. Maybe especially if you were dying tonight.

I heard this put a little differently some time ago ... links to the Tao are pretty clear. I've been debating whether to put this into the TTC study section under the heading "approaches to TTC". I was kind of hopeing that you were going there ...

Vmarco, can you explain that quote in your own words? I don't get it.

I think Marco suggests we take a shower each time he posts a quote.

Even now.

Especially now.

Yes, a cold one.

:P

• Like 1

In fact I've spent all week trying to be happy just in case I die tonight because I figure it would be a bummer to die unhappy. Didn't work.

Damn -K-!!! You didn't try hard enough. Or maybe you tried too hard. Just freakin' be happy!

• Like 3

After coming into contact with a religious man I always feel I must wash my hands. Friedrich Nietzsche

Hehehe. Getting a little fiesty there, aren't you?

• Like 1

I heard this put a little differently some time ago ... links to the Tao are pretty clear. I've been debating whether to put this into the TTC study section under the heading "approaches to TTC". I was kind of hopeing that you were going there ...

Sounds like a good idea of yours. :)

"Whoever has the blood of theism in his veins, stands from the start in a false and dishonest position to all things." Friedrich Nietzsche

That one was stretching it quite a bit.

Hehehe. How about if we just ask him to stop talking so much?

suits me.

Actually, the thread is getting fantastic activity. More posts to it than any recent thread.

signal to noise ratio is low and dropping sir

Vmarco can handle being the whipping post. He's a big boy.

the way he runs his mouth, i kind of figured he must be used to it by now

• Like 1

Hi guys

My name is Recep Ivedik..I am posting from sinans account. I managed this with my astral unibrow skills. I just want to knowwwwww if youll be my girlll,,,,,heyyyyyyy heeeeey baby, hu ha, i wana noooo ooo ooo ooo if u be my girllll

I thought that was pretty zen...much more zen than all this fear based dogma about belief systems being evil etc..jeezz

Edited by sinansencer
  • Like 3

"The word "belief" is a difficult thing for me. I don’t believe. I must have a reason for a certain hypothesis. Either I know a thing, and then I know it -- I don’t need to believe it." Carl Jung

But then he believed in a collective unconscious. Go figure.

• Like 1

"Religion is an extraordinarily harmful force. Anyone with half a brain would run like hell from religion, but, once it has caught them, they very seldom have half a brain." Richard G Rieben

• Like 2

"Religion is an extraordinarily harmful force. Anyone with half a brain would run like hell from religion, but, once it has caught them, they very seldom have half a brain." Richard G Rieben

vmarco so you "believe" that religions and beliefs are bad? Isnt that pretty bad?