Christian

I do not wish to be here

The tao works in mysterious ways...

It does indeed - and I've just been told that there isn't a single frog in that film, so anyone who was hoping to see one is going to be very disappointed.

That Christian felt the need to publicly announce that no one knows the Way here, rather than PM a moderator and quietly ask to have his account removed, hints that he has some issues to deal with. May he find his Way successfully elsewhere. :)

• Like 1

That Christian felt the need to publicly announce that no one knows the Way here, rather than PM a moderator and quietly ask to have his account removed, hints that he has some issues to deal with. May he find his Way successfully elsewhere. :)

Well said.

In fact, you said it twice. Good job!!!

Interestingly, Cristian stated clearly that his issue was that in his (possibly carefully-considered opinion :) ): -

Most people here are very far away from the Tao.

Please delete my account.

He didn't actually say that "no one knows the Way here"

It would indeed have been quite interesting to know what "qualifications" he had that would have permitted him to come to this conclusion. Did he even have a basic university degree in Taoism, let alone a Master's (or a PhD)?

Is he perhaps a Taoist Immortal, sent back to the mortal realm to tell off naughty Taoist Bums that are doing everything wrong ?

(sorry I'm reading "7 Taoist Masters" at the moment & got carried away. LOL)

Christian has free will & has made his decision....we can choose to disagree with him & /or his parting statement.

We can also choose to ignore it/him, wish him well & continue on our own journeys..

Is he perhaps a Taoist Immortal, sent back to the mortal realm to tell off naughty Taoist Bums that are doing everything wrong ?

(sorry I'm reading "7 Taoist Masters" at the moment & got carried away. LOL)

That's a worrying thought - has anyone got any evidence that such beings actually exist?

Christian has free will & has made his decision....we can choose to disagree with him & /or his parting statement.

We can also choose to ignore it/him, wish him well & continue on our own journeys..

Leaving aside the concept of free-will and perhaps it would be a good idea to inform ourselves by reviewing this thread more carefully (or visiting "The Pit") before we disagree with his simple statement?

(It's curious how some people seem to have taken it personally - don't you think? :))

(It's curious how some people seem to have taken it personally - don't you think? :))

Not really. There are a lot of folks here who take things personally. The nature of the animal. Many reasons for this, I suppose, but better left for a discussion designed for that purpose.

Not really. There are a lot of folks here who take things personally. The nature of the animal. Many reasons for this, I suppose, but better left for a discussion designed for that purpose.

Instead of the purpose for which this one was designed?

Instead of the purpose for which this one was designed?

But of course. We go off topic here all the time. I can even accuse myself of intentionally doing that now and then.

But of course. We go off topic here all the time. I can even accuse myself of intentionally doing that now and then.

Yes, I'd already noticed that. :)

How do we know Christian is a 'he' or a 'she'.....???

Reach enlightenment and all the mysteries of the universe will be open to you :lol:

• Like 1

How do we know Christian is a 'he' or a 'she'.....???

Now that's an even more worrying thought.................but, on further reflection, perhaps again a bit off-topic?

Contemplating Christian in his/her absence is to contemplate the 'absence of Christian'. The subject thus being not his being but his non-being. Such that in not being here, he is in real sense here. Or that the negation of his being, in that he is not here, is in fact a quality of his being. If he did not or had never existed then his absence would have no meaning. Thus proving that in a very real sense once you become a TaoBum YOU CANNOT LEAVE ...IT IS FORBIDDEN BY THE LAWS OF EXISTENCE.

• Like 1

Contemplating Christian in his/her absence is to contemplate the 'absence of Christian'. The subject thus being not his being but his non-being. Such that in not being here, he is in real sense here. Or that the negation of his being, in that he is not here, is in fact a quality of his being. If he did not or had never existed then his absence would have no meaning. Thus proving that in a very real sense once you become a TaoBum YOU CANNOT LEAVE ...IT IS FORBIDDEN BY THE LAWS OF EXISTENCE.

I wouldn't bet on that particular horse myself. :)

I wouldn't bet on that particular horse myself. :)

Did I mention a horse? Perhaps I should have done.

you can check out anytime you like but you can never leave...

i have heard that somewhere, maybe an old taoist text,,,

OK OK Sorry.

I didn't mean to raise the spectre of horses - it was more the spectres of a potential Taoist Immortal or, dare I say it, a hermaphrodite dragon, that interested me.

Can we have a separate thread about horses if anyone's worried about them?

Let's at least try to make a serious attempt to keep this thread on-topic please.

I was wondering how this thread lasted so long, now I know its because magical creatures got involved.

• Like 1