Christian

I do not wish to be here

The more I read this thread, the more I long to follow Christian into the great wide cyber-beyond ... surely somewhere out there is a way that can't be spoken of.

• Like 1

The more I read this thread, the more I long to follow Christian into the great wide cyber-beyond ... surely somewhere out there is a way that can't be spoken of.

Yes.

Christian seems to have driven home his point rather well. :)

Silly boy! It is here that we can differentiate between a path we would like to travel and the paths we do not wish to follow.

Yes, many threads here are meaningless to many. But they are meaningful for others. By knowing what is not we can more easily determine what is.

Those who find no meaning here should find a different path. But those who find meaning here are welcome to stay as long as they are having some need fulfilled.

Oh!, the meaning of it all!!! Is there any meaning? Is there a purpose?

Everything matters but nothing matters. Just a matter of perspective.

• Like 1

Silly boy! It is here that we can differentiate between a path we would like to travel and the paths we do not wish to follow.

Yes, many threads here are meaningless to many. But they are meaningful for others. By knowing what is not we can more easily determine what is.

Those who find no meaning here should find a different path. But those who find meaning here are welcome to stay as long as they are having some need fulfilled.

Oh!, the meaning of it all!!! Is there any meaning? Is there a purpose?

Everything matters but nothing matters. Just a matter of perspective.

You are right ... I am a silly boy.

:unsure:

• Like 2

Sirens do indeed sing very sweetly. :)

Some do -- others just make an awful racket.

Some do -- others just make an awful racket.

I think that you may be confusing Sirens with sirens here (or perhaps Sirens with lighthouses). :D

Yeah, turns out Delmar had just gotten himself arrested again...

Sorry, don't get that.

Is Delmar like a character from Deliverance?

Sorry! Guessing you haven't seen the movie. (A delightful little Homeric romp...)

The two scenes above are back-to-back -- after falling for the feminine wiles of the sirens, the boys awaken to find that Delmar has been turned into a "horny toad." Later, though, they find him in a chain gang (in a movie theater).

Sorry! Guessing you haven't seen the movie. (A delightful little Homeric romp...)

The two scenes above are back-to-back -- after falling for the feminine wiles of the sirens, the boys awaken to find that Delmar has been turned into a "horny toad." Later, though, they find him in a chain gang (in a movie theater).

Isn't it neat how this thread transformed from a tragedy into a comedy?

Some people were probably laughing the whole way through. :)

Isn't it neat how this thread transformed from a tragedy into a comedy?

The tao works in mysterious ways...

Sounds funny - I'll try and watch it sometime.