Protector

Meat eating thread

The extra weight forces the body to find a center of balance through motion...it's training the nervous system and fascia to be like that (centered and balanced) all of the time, not just when lifting. Someone who has lifted for a while will have a lower center of gravity, which will be similar to them doing zhan zhuang constantly...except they don't have to stand still for long periods of time. The bones of the body pretty much handle the load of the weight entirely, and are stressed (and grow new bone and stimulate marrow) at areas of muscle attachment...stronger bones = stronger kidney. You increase blood flow as with other types of exercise, and "blood is the mother of qi". Strength, or activating the muscles of the body, will help to correct any postural imbalances. There will be improved proprioception and kinesthesia...meaning that there is more awareness of the body in a healthy way (not in a forced way that causes stagnation of qi), so you're not dissociated from the physical...you're more grounded.

• Like 2

This thread has provided some interesting perspectives on meat eating perhaps there is more merit to it than my closed mind thought.

Or perhaps I only crave meat when I fast...second day...never been so peaceful though.

A question on weightlifting Im hearing its good to build body strength for qigong.I feel I am losing some due to thinking its bad for energy flow..is this true? Perhaps swimming, zhuang zhang etc is good, but anytime I do do weights for a few weeks my strength explodes due to energy work, I remember the few times I have tried weights (used to do a lot I mean in the past year) my results were phenomenal dumbbell bench press went up like 10kg on each dumbbell..

Sounds good so what energy work are you doing that makes your strength explode? I do not lift weghts but believe it is good for you and helps with qigong as you body becomes stronger with more energy for qiqong.

Well this was like a year ago when I was doing fairly primitive simple qigong..nowadays I do stillness movement and gift of the tao

Beech Mast is both tasty and nutritious.

Chestnuts roasting on an open fire are a seasonal treat here right now.

Cob nut etc.... Trees are generous .

Sinan cultivates or cultivated with trees as do I.

They are powerful chaps towards aiding ones cultivation are trees.

Scotch Pine for preference, you'll not beat an evergreen for wild Qi.

• Like 1

i was listening to this broadcast today by some guy named Rinpoche and he kept going on and on about how ppl should become vegetarians and he likened eating animals to an addiction.

But if we weren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat????

being alive is an addiction. If you don't stop eating, drinking water and breathing RIGHT NOW - this proves you are nothing but a life-junkie who can't get off the sauce. Life is a physical and psychological addiction. Your body wont even let you quit. lol

Your body wont even let you quit. lol

That is true. Neat little instinct we have there, I think. Of course, I have known and known of some people who I have wished didn't have that instinct to live.

Look to nature. We humans are not built to be grazers. We are built to kill other animals and eat them.

But sure, anyone wanting to be a vegetarian has the choice to be such. Most people don't have that desire. These people will continue to be meat-eaters.

Edited by sinansencer

"Eat what you will shall be the whole of the law" but if anyone's thinking about going veggie then that might make for a New Year resolution.

• Like 1

Yeah, the only problem I would have with a person eating meat would be if that person were thinking about me being the food source.

• Like 1

I've pondered cannibalism many times... "thin the herd" right?

Yep. Happens a lot in nature. I the most beautiful(?) example of that is in the frog world. In parts of the world where rain is infrequenty and amounts are limited the frogs will mate just as in all other parts of the world. However, when the body of water starts drying up the bigger, stronger and healthier tadpoles will start eating the smaller, weaker tadpoles. This might seem creul but it is nature's way of allowing for the survival of the species.

• Like 1

An interesting mental puzzle:

You are on a space station, where an accident has occurred. The computers are down, the food supply lost or contaminated, and only a small pod with it's life-support systems remain. This is where the survivors of the catastrophe have gathered, each with only the clothes they were wearing in their posession. Among the survivors is a botanist, who has just discovered the cure for a disease that kills hundreds of thousands each year, a priest who has had an insight that will lead to the enlightenment of everyone, and a career military officer (that is you).

Aid from earth, sixty days away. Knowing that this is long enough for most to die from starvation, Logic dictates that one of the survivors will have to die in order for the remaining two to have enough food to survive until the rescue arrives.

What do you do?

That's not a fair question for me. We know who is going to bite the big one and it ain't gonna be me. I've got the gun and the knife.

That's not a fair question for me. We know who is going to bite the big one and it ain't gonna be me. I've got the gun and the knife.

To be fair, I've got the gun and the knife as well, and I'm quite good with them. The point of the excercise is in what one values, beyond the desire for life itself. This is a gateway question for those who are not suitable for the rank and file of soldiery, but whos worth as an officer still needs to be determined. You would, perhaps make an excellent soldier, but are not one I would promote to officer if your tendancy were to go beyond the normal fences of discipline.

That mind of yours is one that I would prefer to not risk in the hazards of the battlefield, if it can be helped.

• Like 1

It would be a pretty noble way to go I think.

+ mission completed - to make a lasting difference for the better.

the world needs more "sacrifice" otherwise things will just stay the same.

Only a few ever make the difference.

I think I could do the 60 days though ;)

• Like 2

It would be a pretty noble way to go I think.

+ mission completed - to make a lasting difference for the better.

the world needs more "sacrifice" otherwise things will just stay the same.

Only a few ever make the difference.

I think I could do the 60 days though ;)

On earth, I might admit to being capable of going the full 60 days. In space, with only the chi of the universe to strengthen me, maybe not. I's good, but not that ambitious :P White wolf accepted for officer training, but his trials are far from over: what manner of service he is best suited for is yet to be determined, after further testing.

from examining other postings, my assesment is field commission, rather than training officer, but there is another critical gate.

we will get to that later .. this excercise is fun ... anyone else?

• Like 1