Protector

Meat eating thread

Whenever someone brings up some vegetarian recipe I think, "man, imagine how good would that taste with some meat in it" :lol:

Yeah, like the little old lady said in the commercial, "Where's the beef?!?"

cashew nuts coarsely crushed

Cheese we like Cheddar but any cheese is food

Eggs two

Flour

Chopped leeks

Some herbs

Loads of mushrooms

Breadcrumbs

Bit of Marmite

Makes enough to fill a loaf tin.

Fashion into burgers and grill.

Yu can just whack it all into the loaf tin and bake ghat then slice it.

Bleddy tasty.

This is why they call you Grandmaster! Many thanks B)

I saw that and you are wrong. The Spanish have reclaimd Florida.

Well they are very small colonies of Brits, mainly close to golf courses.

I know a former Amish guy, his old mum and dad who are very Amish indeed have retired to a colony of plain people in Florida called Pinecraft.

You seem to have something for everybody in your home state MH.

Well they are very small colonies of Brits, mainly close to golf courses.

I know a former Amish guy, his old mum and dad who are very Amish indeed have retired to a colony of plain people in Florida called Pinecraft.

You seem to have something for everybody in your home state MH.

Yeah, there really are a lot of non-native (I am one) people in Florida. Still have that Greek community in St. Augustine.

Most people who come to Florida and stay try to forget that they ever lived any place else and just call ourselves Floridians. The natives call us snow birds. We came here to get away from the snow and just stayed.

Sounds like a good idea. our people in Lily Dale who can afford to do so decamp to Cassadaga in Florida for the winter season.

Nice work if you can get it.

Yeah, there really are a lot of non-native (I am one) people in Florida. Still have that Greek community in St. Augustine.

Most people who come to Florida and stay try to forget that they ever lived any place else and just call ourselves Floridians. The natives call us snow birds. We came here to get away from the snow and just stayed.

While many of us native Floridians have migrated away, only to be labeled as outsiders in some other environment. :)

Read a book called Living Beyond Organic that said that jumbo shrimp have something in them that can break down/filter mercury. Look that one up for yourself

As far as morality goes, i read a book once that talked about something called the Backster effect. Basically it says that when you hook up a plant to a polygraph and threaten it, it freaks out. This may or may not be true, but it doesn't matter to me because i view taking a life from a plant exactly the same as i view taking the life of an animal. If you take an animals life and feel fine about it - it isn't immoral for you. If you take an animals life and it makes you upset, you have that to think about. i believe that morality works on a person to person basis.

i eat meat when i start feeling b12 deficient. So probably a few times a month

Edited by Flolfolil

I was vegetarian for the past 6 years. During that time I felt great, worked out everyday (tai chi, yoga, kung fu), surfed, and had a very hectic work schedule. My girlfriend is a tremendous cook and we always ate a varied diet, paid attention to nutrition, didn't really eat junk food, etc.

Then starting in June I started to feel fatigued more than usual. Workouts were harder to get through, and by mid-september had lost 14 pounds. At the advice of my doctor I starting eating meat, and within a couple days felt better. Put the weight back on, my skin looks better, feeling stronger, and workouts are great. I eat a lot of meat right now, and I plan on it through the New Year. I'll cut back then, and monitor how I feel.

Not sure what happened, but at some point my body said enough....

• Like 1

yeah i don't really know what a healthy weight is but something in me says i would feel better if i weighed more. Is 129 lbs right for a guy a little under 6' ?

Carl Hiassen the Floridian author, he's jolly good.

I think his stories are fabulous! (and delightfully quirky...)

Just a little BTW comment.

Every time I see a program having anything to do with the evolution of man it is clearly stated that were it not for the need to find additional food sources and eventually scavenging on dead animals man would still likely be swinging in the trees. The additional protein allow for additional brain growth thereby the ability to learn to make and use tools.

But don't get me wrong. Spinach is good for us too.

• Like 1

I still find Popeye scary. Something to do with the jerky motion of the animation I suspect.

If meat eating was that good for you we'd maybe be dodging Tyrannosaurus Rex and his mates yet.

I still find Popeye scary. Something to do with the jerky motion of the animation I suspect.

If meat eating was that good for you we'd maybe be dodging Tyrannosaurus Rex and his mates yet.

Hehehe. Popeye is harmless unless you start messing around with Olive.

Not a fair comparison. Time difference too great. There weren't even any apes when T-Rex was here.

Yes, I know. There are some who swear that man and T-Rex walked hand in paw because the earth is only 4700 years old. That has been discounted by everyone except for a few die-hards.

• Like 1

Every time I scroll past this thread, I see "Man eating", not the actual title, until I take a second look.

I mean .. don't get me wrong, humans are tasty and all, but ... they are just full of all kinds of parasites, diseases, toxins, heavy metals, ect. Not healthy food, really. Probably because of their diets.

• Like 1

"Starving upon a cannibal island one would soon come to accept roast leg of human as an acceptable meal".

Isaac Asimov (I think... Someone in an old SciFi mag anyway).

Every time I scroll past this thread, I see "Man eating", not the actual title, until I take a second look.

I mean .. don't get me wrong, humans are tasty and all, but ... they are just full of all kinds of parasites, diseases, toxins, heavy metals, ect. Not healthy food, really. Probably because of their diets.

Strange. I watched a program last night on the history of Easter Island. Over-population resulted in the depletion of resources and the different tribes ended up eating each other. Sad.

• Like 1

this is an interesting thread! i personally dont think anything is wrong with eating meat morally or spiritually. and after talking to the gods- yes all of them they said why would they create somthing that we could eat and say its bad for you. cows cant eat meat and its bad for them. -but humans can- "read between the lines" and it doesent make you all sick. but it should be a choice ot the indevidual. so i did my own experimtntation. i would only stop eating meat at different points for healing and energy. and when i eat meat i prefer wild game and meat from small farms like the one i grew up on. i think the problem is that ppl stoped respecting life and created factories that demorilize animals. beef from the grocery store tastes different from my grandparents beef. they treat it better plain and simple! the cows there eat a healthy diet of wheat and rye grass and the occasional corn to snack on left over from the summers harvest. the same with the pigs and chickens. if respect of life can come back then i think things would be different. there is a ritual done that we do at the end of a hunt where we pray and give thanks to the animal that gave its life so that we can survive. i dont like hunters that just kill for sport or "trophy hunters" it sickens me to se such disrespect of nature.

also in some places ppl cant be vegan or vegeterian the climat just wont allow for it. they need the extra calories and carbohydrates form the meat they eat and the little grain they can store.

but where i live i can buy 25-45 dollars worth of veggies and fruit and that lasts for 2 weeks. so there is some economics involved here. and there are foods you can add to your diet to supplement for meat intake one being the micro alge spirulina and clorella. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spirulina_(dietary_supplement) using spirulina i lost my craving for meat. during this time i was working out, lifting weights alot and gained alot of muscle and was working out with 315 on the bench press and hadent eatin meat in months. so after doing some research on these alge i was amazed. from my experimentation with diet ive found its what ever works for you. and your diet should be based on how you choose to live your life. if you dont care about being healthy eat what ever u want. if you want to be consious be that. also there are ways around eating meat if thats waht your looking for. me i eat mainly vegeterian but i do love the tast of a good steak, deer rabbit, and other tasty farm animals. so my goal is balance for me and my lifestyle. but i think we should care for our food as much care about it.

• Like 4

i dont like hunters that just kill for sport or "trophy hunters" it sickens me to se such disrespect of nature.

I am very much with you here.

I have talked with a few "sport" hunters and I suggest that what they are doing is not very sporting. I then offer them a real challenge. I select the weapon of my choice and I take the side of the deer or whatever. I have never had as offer accepted.

The deer evades

That is its main weapon

This too can be cruel

I know hunters that have tried for years and come up empty handed :)

...i think the problem is that ppl stoped respecting life...

^^^ I strongly agree.