affenbrot

John Chang Video

What was incredible was the electricity that came out of his fingers. It was almost like sticking your finger in an electrical outlet. To me that experience made the whole trip worth it.

hi portcraig!

thanks for your input. I totally dont understand the above quote. Could you explain why that was so important to you?

I think for myself, the most important thing would be what I was taught and what I felt within myself, not witnessing what someone else has.

• Like 1

Cat, I just meant that it was incredible in the sense that it was such an extraordinary type of experience. While Sifu L was touching the various points there was so much chi pouring in that felt like a very strong eletrical current. When he touched the Bai Hui a white light was visible inside the head from the burst of electricity. I have never met anyone that could do that and I don't think that probably many other people have either. I was very grateful that a Master was opening my spiritual centers so that I could progress faster with my meditation. It also showed to me what I could possibly achieve if I continued along with this type of path. I didn't feel envy, it was a feeling more of thankfulness that I was having that experience.

Edited by portcraig

thanks portcraig.

When I first started in this path I had a fair number of experiences such as what you describe, very beautiful, powerful, chi - filled transformative experiences from transmission.

I think after a while I stopped wanting to be 'done to', and wanted to 'do'.

And you're right, I think receiving powerful transmission opens one's chanels really fast and gives one a head start.

I live in london and was lucky enough to be introduced to a Sifu who I could meet with weekly or bi - weekly, and receive.

People vary enormously in their response to the energy transfers, it's very interesting.

When I first started in this path I had a fair number of experiences such as what you describe, very beautiful, powerful, chi - filled transformative experiences from transmission.

I think after a while I stopped wanting to be 'done to', and wanted to 'do'.

At the end of the day, it's important to be aware if you are 'looking at the moon or the teacher's finger'.

OMG that was a really, really good joke, thadeus =p

thanks, yoda =)

actually i didn't mean for it to be a joke, but i was aware of the irony of the finger comment afterwards..

;)

what irritates me is that these things are brought up

again even though they are about issues dating back almost 15 years

now. The speed and intensity David Verdesi seems to learn has him

in a different place now, i would guess. He's adopted by a buddhist neikung practitioner and seems

to be a close disciple of Wang Liping - people would still have to show me how these guys 'lack heart'.

On the other hand, we almost have no info about him available, no wonder we discuss rumours.

affenbrot

All very good points, and worth remembering, not only about David, but the general sentiment should probably also be applied to Chia, Winn and, for that matter, each of us.

Portcraig, thanks for the input. I'm wondering if you can tell us how you felt about the foundation practices themselves rather than the people you encountered? Did you learn practices that were and continue to be beneficial to you. Do you see them as part of a more complete and attainable system? Etc.

In any event, thanks for your input (and thanks to seandenty and the rest of you).

Spyrelx, I felt like the Foundation Training was very valuable experience for me. David has us meditating with the method that he taught us, twice a day for about a hour at a time, plus other practices. I have always meditated a little bit, but this took it up another notch and I can definitely feel the difference. We are also going through a 4 month celibacy period. Foundation Training purpose is to build the chi and the Dan Tien so that in about two years you wil be prepared to start advanced work. I am assuming David will be teaching what he is learning form Sifu J, since he is now a family disciple, to the advanced students and he mentioned taking them to see Sifu J.

Edited by portcraig

Spyrelx, I felt like the Foundation Training was very valuable experience for me. David has us meditating with the method that he taught us, twice a day for about a hour at a time, plus other practices. I have always meditated a little bit, but this took it up another notch and I can definitely feel the difference. We are also going through a 4 month celibacy period. Foundation Training purpose is to build the chi and the Dan Tien so that in about two years you wil be prepared to start advanced work. I am assuming David will be teaching what he is learning form Sifu J, since he is now a family disciple, to the advanced students and he mentioned taking them to see Sifu J.

Thanks for the insight. I'm interested in exploring David's stuff. (I've written sean letting him know that, so maybe something will come of it.) In any event, as I said it's good to have you contributing here. Please feel free to keep doing so.

spyrelx

You are welcome. It is probably best if people want to have more specific information about what David teaches, that they follow Sean's instructions about learning about the Foundation Training. I just wanted to share my experience about meeting David, Sifu L, and starting the Foundation Training. It seemed like a lot of you had similar questions that I had when I was forming a group to meet with David. I hope my experience and comments answered some of the questions.

Edited by portcraig

Nice post Sean (good name too :)). You are sincere and this seems like an incredible opportunity for people drawn to it. I hope you do not feel that I have slammed your path or your teachers in any way. I respect the perspectives you are bringing here and I doubt I speak for myself when I say you've given me an opportunity to reevaluate some of my opinions. Thanks.

Yep, it's certainly an inspiration to read all the stories and efforts by SeanD, David and others in search for the truth. It made me reevaluate my personal training and put more time into practice.

SeanD, do you mind if I put the links to this thread on HT board? Some of the people there would be interested. I know it would show a different side of things from the way David was portrayed there in the past.

Sean,

Kickin' post! I've always assumed that people with powerful, electric chi are born that way and that it is hard to cultivate for an average American practitioner. I hope some taobums take you up on it and are permitted to report their results to the rest of us.

-Yoda

SeanD,

Thanks for the indepth post. I learned a lot from it. Many people here, certainly I, have a prejudice against the old fashion Guru model. Its so important to see other practices with more depth then a few lines of print.

Yours

Michael

Please. Tell me that you are not taken in by sideshow hucksterisms like the John Chang nonsense. Then there is one charletan replying about another's complex machinations.

"I have tracked his teacher in the inner planes and found out that Dajen had cultivated himself alone, to a very high level, but never cultivated his heart spirit or sense of collective humanity. He got stuck in a certain high level because of this and is now trying to resolve it through David, who is an aspect of his collective oversoul. So David is working out his heart issues and abandonment issues here. Dajen is a case of someone who used only yin-yang practices, and did not balance the five phase cycles which restore full balance to humanity."

Tracked on the inner planes? Come on. What is this, psychic Dragnet? Are any of you really this interested in snake oil?

Wow! This thread is amusing.

3rd hand accounts of walking through walls...telekinesis....$5,000 workshops for lucky selected few...HT is childish rubish that may harm you...very interesting.

I can't dismiss what he is saying simply because is sounds fantastic.

Yes, I thuroughly accept the possibility that he is just some dude fucking with us...

Having an open-mind, though, is the wise thing to do.

If nothing else this thread has been one hellofaride...So many aspects of seeking and becoming and doubting and wonderment...

People have doubted my own out of body experiences and what I have observed first person , so I will keep an open minded and open eyed view of these matters....

Faith in reason may be an oxymoron, or a paradox or just a way to see our universe with feet on the ground, but thats what I'm stuck with for now.

Much of this seems reasonable even if beyond my ken. I assume there are realms of consciousness that I have not experienced but do exist.

I DO NOT KNOW!

If the claims are just bait to lure the gullible amongst us, then I am ashamed for us all as part of this excersize; and our blindness - in our avid persuit of unreal expectations. Otherwise we have been exposed to elements of human potential that are true and astounding.

I admit I have doubts that are reasonable and the acceptence of factors of consciousness that I have no scientific or imperical evidence for. So my interest could hardly be greater!

My situation denies any further exploration beyond the vicarious nature of these threads. I just wish you all well in this exploration. It does fascinate.