affenbrot

John Chang Video

As far as cloud busting goes, I like looking up at the sky. One thing you notice is clouds kind of morph by themselves. You stare at one continually and they do fade in and out. I'm not sure if any extra power is needed to do it.

Michael

I was just as skeptical as you - clouds do tend to morph, disappear, reapear etc. so when someone suggested they can bust a cloud with energy and intent I was like "yeah - you can bust a cloud without energy and intent - just watch it long enough :P" - then I felt rude and obliged to let the teacher demonstrate.

This is the Hawaiian Huna technique of gathering and then directing energy out. You simply gather energy in your hand (breathing in through the soles - pump up the LTT then direct to palm - where you breathe more energy into the chi ball (your hand heats up)) - you have to find a smallish, fluffy, recluse ( :P ) cloud that is not near other big ones (you can distinguish it clearly and it tends to morph less that way) - you intend into the ball that the cloud is to be dispersed and just throw it at the sucker. it disperses within 5 seconds - and I saw it done so many times that I had no doubt that it wasn't just a coincidence that the cloud dispersed at the exact same time as the chi balls were 'thrown'.

When I was in this class, nearly all the other participants were quite new to serious energy work, and they all managed to bust a cloud. We also learnt to throw energy balls at each other with different intentions. sometimes this was very effective.

Oh? do tell.

:lol: - well it's not flying or walking through walls, but I've had very interesting results with the inner smile, microcosmic and even the 6 sounds.

I do inner smile almost every day... after I smile to my organs and stuff I do the yang practice of smiling outside of myself - I tend to smile to family and friends and then smile to 'problem people' in my life... Although similar events have hapened at least 3 other times, the most recent was when a builder at my flat having not finished his work went home, didn't return my calls for several days and then when I finaly got into contact was *very* rude - shouting, cursing, demanding to be payed for work he hadn't even done. So after the phone conversation I was feeling rather angry - did my sounds to cool it and then went for a long, deep inner smile session... when smiling at the builder something kept popping into my mind - the idea that I should smile to his daughter too - so I did...

The next morning the guy turned up at the flat apologising prefusley (I wasn't that shocked as I've had this happen a few times before) - he got on with the work he hadn't finished before and at the end he refused any payment for it... as he was walking out the front door he turned and said "at least my daughter is alright" - I was like "what do you mean?" - he didn't explain, and just walked off smiling. (he hadn't mentioned a daughter before).

So if this happened with an incorrect method, incorrect technique and no teacher! I wonder what could be achieved if all these other conditions were correct!

You said your practice (and I assume the practice of your master(s)) is a non-martial one - how would you describe it? I understand it's the lightning path - what does that entail?

• Like 1

Eeeeeek.Ive only just started Tai Ji,with no real idea of how to assess what Im doing.Any pointers here Thad?

Regards,Cloud :)

Hi cloud, first, learn the choreography. I personally only listen to a teacher if they are flexible, exuding youthful vitality. I don't pay any attention to tricks or martial prowress. I've been taking stock of the common denominators of the gems. Unfortunately alot of the training involves concepts that people are shy to talk about. Things like libido, the pelvic floor, sex. Teachers refer to these things indirectly in public, for good reason, and mixed company makes things even more 'mysterious'. But to put it bluntly, i'm finding that doing the form is alot like F**ing. As you train you'll see the wisdom in that statement..

T

"I don't know you, but what your doing is basically like reaching into a bag of unidentified, random drugs and eating a good size handful. Just a thought."

Ok, so I guess I should stop. (lol...)

Honestly though, how can you justify even saying that? It is what I have figured out (experientally) for myself to be probably one of the more effective practices I stumbled across... So of course I should pursue it...

I feel like I am pursuing the better of two choices and am being insulted for it. I may be a failure, but this sort of thing is relly important to me and I am really offended that you would say something like that, apparantly just for the sake of saying it... (because I can't imagine why you would bother to tell me that other than to suggest I stop trying... which is ridiculous, and you should know that.)

In a few days, I'll post a few final reflections and give some resources for those who care to delve further. I will include details about the abilities I was shown and perhaps talk briefly about the various levels of this type of training and the abilities that indicate mastery over these levels or achievments. At that point, I will have shared what I think is reasonable and sensable. I hope that this becomes a stepping stone for those of you who were taken with Kostas writing, if you wish it. That's really all I'm trying to do here.

Thank you, Sean

Ok, so I guess I should stop. (lol...)

Yes, because your going to hurt yourself.

Honestly though, how can you justify even saying that? It is what I have figured out (experientally) for myself to be probably one of the more effective practices I stumbled across... So of course I should pursue it...

John Dijang has never successfully taught any student to reach the basic acheivment of level four. In thirty years no one has been successful. 60% of the students who train with him, even at the lowest level, end up with serious health issues. And your claiming you have just figured it out on your own?

I feel like I am pursuing the better of two choices and am being insulted for it. I may be a failure, but this sort of thing is relly important to me and I am really offended that you would say something like that, apparantly just for the sake of saying it... (because I can't imagine why you would bother to tell me that other than to suggest I stop trying... which is ridiculous, and you should know that.)

I'm not trying to insult you, I just want you to avoid health problems. I could be wrong; perhaps your on to something. If this is the case than more power to you.

I would rather die than then give up my spiritual fuckings-around.

I didn't say I made it up. I said I stumbled upon it. If you thuroughly read my original post (you replied to,) I said I got it out of kostas books. (I guess I was wrong, LOL!)

Anyways I hope you feel real priviledged and elite being 'honor-bound' to withhold such information.

"I'm not trying to insult you, I just want you to avoid health problems. I could be wrong; perhaps your on to something. If this is the case than more power to you."

You're not trying to insult me? You are doing a very good job of it! Either help me or shut the fuck up! How dare you tell me to just stop trying! I didn't ask you!

GOD DAMMIT you really hit a cord with that! FUCK

Ah jeez, man, thanks. I am sorry =( I guess a certain sensitive cord was struck, there, that was all.

There's a saying, when you meet a master swordsman, show him your sword. Now we're not all masters here but we are all into this stuff far more than your random person off the street. So we just want to hear some meat. My issue with the Kostas books and all the posts is that there is alot of bashing, but no meat. Not even any preliminary practice that would ring true as 'yeah, we need to pursue this more, there's something here'. I couldn't care less about fireballs and walking through walls. If you got something, we're all willing..more than willing to be open to it. But it's been a couple days now of carrot dangling...

just my two cents.

T

Sorry, I just want to be clear. What exactly do mean by meat?

Sorry, I just want to be clear. What exactly do mean by meat?

Lol..exactly my point..some concrete details of a technique and where it may lead to...example: I was shown a breathing/relaxation technique by a respected taiji master. Pretty simple to follow instructions and then he went on to explain exactly what I would be feeling if I was doing the exercise correctly. He then showed me how to apply the breathing technique in my form and in my applications. If I described in more detail, that would be some meat.

Some meat would be, for example, koichi tohei's ki breathing exercise or any number of the techniques that are discussed here and people try out.

Outline the basic beginning practice so we can see what you're talking about. We've been exposed to so many different approaches, it would be amazing if what you're doing is significantly different than anything we've seen. For example, the Patanjali's Yoga Sutra's are a pretty detailed roadmap to these siddhi powers. There are no secrets there. But can anyone get past citta vittri nirodha? I can't get past this first step. But it's all there, laid out. No insincere person has the balls or the guts to follow that path. There shouldn't be any fear of 'the secrets' getting in the wrong hands in that method.

So I (we) just want to see your sword..that's all..

I hope i'm not coming off obnoxious, i feel safe speaking like this because I know you understand the frustration first hand, based on your posts.

Thanks,

T

mm, yes. You've had fun, been impressed, and got some healing. I've met lovely powerful people who give powerful transmissions too. And experienced powerful healings. And to think, I've had powerful energy exchanges with powerful male 'masters' who have benefited from my yin power and all this, from me,a woman who has two children - you'd think I'd be a mere husk of a person, really, after that initiation into life, wouldnt you? or perhaps not, if you were a little wiser.

To underestimate what I said about achieving tranquillity and equate it with the short term effects of eating chocolate or making love rather suggests you have a knee jerk reflex going on where you habitually underestimate others.

I have come across this quite regularly with martial teachers, and chinese "holders of secrets". I have been 'done to' and impressed, but I want to be taught what I can take away and use for myself. I do not wish to be held in thrall for expensive years and drip fed, and pacified by spectacles regarding water sweetening.

I have been taught to charge up via whole body absorption - I wouldnt consider that an advanced practise.

what is the teaching that will shift a person onwards from yin shen to the next stage?

In short - where's the meat, seandenty? :)

This reminds me awhile back about that other guy who was selling secrets and had a hissy fit that some of us were not worthy and were not welcome to buy his book. Just like a paper martial artist who falls apart once an opponent starts to apply a little pressure, these guys lose balance (temper/patience) or run like the hills at the slightest question.

Off the top of my head, these are signs that a path is questionable:

1. divides people into groups of worthy/unworthy, sincere/insincere.

2. uses magic tricks to dupe followers

3. demands absolute obedience

4. requires extreme sacrifices in order to be worthy of the teachings

5. starts to make you feel special above everyone else

6. after the novelty of the tricks wears off you find yourself with nothing

7. the teachers start to make increasing demands that penetrate your personal life and beging to act more and more crazy.

8. the male teachers start sleeping with your wives, girlfriends, neighbors while you become their bitch

9. makes you worship them instead of god..and what is god..hmmm

There's a ton more signs from people who study cults and manipulative relationships. This is just what I've seen.

I seen thousands of paths like this and in the end the fraud comes out.

Personaly, I've rediscovered Patanjali's Yoga Sutras. I think the path is pretty much laid out righ there. It's beautiful. In fact, I think you can see how many disciplines are pretty much saying the same thing. The only sacrifice to be made is practice--and it should be joyful.

T

Those of us with long memories will recall that a student of David's has popped up every two years or so, previously on the Healing Tao Usa board, and has always described him as the source of the only true teaching. I've always received the impression that David is a very determined practitioner, who has indeed achieved some abilities that most have not, but something about the whole thing has always made me uneasy.

It's partly the fairly complete absence of a sense of humour. Maybe high-level cultivation of this type requires a kind of grim seriousness. I wouldn't know.

It's mainly a feeling that the goal is dubious. I acknowledge that it would be lovely to be able to walk through walls (imagine never having to carry keys again, being effectively immune to bullets etc etc), and I acknowledge that to be able to walk through walls must require an extraordinary level of purification, such that one would be effectively desireless and thereby not a danger to all and sundry.

All well and good. But the only person alleged to be able to walk through walls is Wang Liping, who is frankly, to me, a mythical figure.

That apart, I get no particular vibe of purity, nor of humility, from anyone in this chain. It seems to be all about power. I remember remarking in the past that the anecdotes about John Chang's teachers, these allegedly amazingly advanced beings, showed them to have nothing better to do than fight with those of equal stature.

I just end up with this vibe which suggests a group of obsessives who are not obsessively drawn to the light of immortality or enlightenment, but rather to the relief of invulnerability, of freedom from fear through power, which to me is the opposite of what it's all about. This is entirely subjective, obviously, and not meant to refer to seandenty, about whom I know nothing.

As to specifics, I have much I don't like about Healing Dao. But many of its people are sincere, and some are remarkable practitioners. Dirk Oellibrandt especially.

It is curious how similar David's disciples' scripts are each time. A list of six practices you never heard of, in Chinese, which are the vital first steps, and are different each time. New stuff about what's wrong with Healing Dao... I dunno. There is some sincerity there, but I always feel something misguided, also.

• Like 1

I understand the skepticism and I still hang onto a bit of it myself until someone zaps me with chi. I just thought I would offer my observations and perspective as a balance to the three posts above.

Yeah, I did some googling after my posts and realize there's a long complicated history here that I wasn't aware of...stuff like channeled teachings/beings and what not. I don't expect in this lifetime to understand all this. But I'm in no rush either. Taking a crack at maya one bit at a time..but I'm a bum at heart, I don't really want to join a pack, that's where I am right now..

T

Yeah, I did some googling after my posts and realize there's a long complicated history here that I wasn't aware of...stuff like channeled teachings/beings and what not.

What do you mean by this? :huh:

It's partly the fairly complete absence of a sense of humour. Maybe high-level cultivation of this type requires a kind of grim seriousness. I wouldn't know.

If someone has no sense of humor stay away.

High level cultivation always has time to laugh.

After all the world is a cosmic joke.