affenbrot

John Chang Video

I've experienced many things that nay sayers could quash with reductionist cynicism. I really am not interested in the "poo - poo" mentality that dismisses things out of hand, with no argument behind it. The playground belittling of what others say doesnt sway me one way or the other.

Obviously the world is flat and we all know everything there is to know already, right?

I agree we've all heard guru tales many times now, and sean hasnt shared with us what the TEACHINGS will actually be. Maybe they will come later, maybe they wont.

I know one thing for sure, and that is that demeaning others creates bad energy in the body/mind/aura of the demeaner.

If nothing else this thread has been one hellofaride...So many aspects of seeking and becoming and doubting and wonderment...

People have doubted my own out of body experiences and what I have observed first person , so I will keep an open minded and open eyed view of these matters....

This thread has been revealing in a number of ways:

1) Public forums, alas even Taobums, is not necessarily the place to reveal too much about personal experience;

2) We're a bunch of hungry ghosts!? :blink:

This thread has been revealing in a number of ways:

1) Public forums, alas even Taobums, is not necessarily the place to reveal too much about personal experience;

2) We're a bunch of hungry ghosts!? :blink:

It is definitively a place for sharing personal experience, whatever people make of it. There are always a few that take you serious and want to explore... it is about those that it is important to share...

with smiles

Harry

It is definitively a place for sharing personal experience, whatever people make of it. There are always a few that take you serious and want to explore... it is about those that it is important to share...

with smiles

Harry

Nice one Harry :)

hey guys check this forum out.. (it's MO PAI SUPER COOL HUH?!)

I found it searching for a way to score the ring of fire documentary ... (which I found, but only in VHS.. VHS? wtf is THAT? :rolleyes: )

oh wait here is th elink:

http://www.wongkiewkit.com/forum/archive/i....php/t-289.html

here is a SUPER COOL post:

Do you by chance have a copy of some of the posts at the Wenwukuan

forum? How long was the forum up and can you remember anything else

Kostas cited from the Mo-Pai text? Were there any other interesting

facts or revelations that were discussed there but have not been

mentioned in the books or at CK?<

Mostly it was re-itteration of points mentioned in the book but other

thing of interest that did come up including the following

information. Some i took as notes, others i cut and pasted and have

put these here so others may have a better understanding of why the

mo-pai may be making the choices they are + references to other

practitioners and risks. Direct information from the site i have put

in quotation marks.

1.alcohol, coffee and cigaretts do not affect training... anything

goes so long as it does not damage your nervous system, enjoy.

2.The 'Light Body' ability that occurs naturally as a part of nei

kung training had been achieved by a friend of kostas named Lee, who

is a Korean martial arts master and demos it routinely. I think he is

the one mentioned in the book so his nei kung is from a school other

than John's. He is a low level but he he can break 4 by 4's while

maintaining his 'light body'. He was able to do this as he grasped

the secret of light body well before he would of developed it

naturally in the mo pai system.

3.The levels are not set in concrete for abilities, they are merely a

guide and it is different for everyone. This is why they are so

selective and careful in their training. Also different people will

develope different abilities though some are universal.

4.Striking a person with your yang qi has the same affect whether you

have yin (to project) or not, the only difference is the strength of

your yang. Even making love is dangerious at level 2.

5."A health-related program like Chen tai chi can keep you alert and

well. Wu style might even be better at that than Chen, if the late

Mae Yue Liang and the still ornery Wang Peisheng are any example. But

MoPai neikung is not health oriented."

*I am not sure if it was in the book or forum but it was mentioned

this training can lead to an earlier death as you are altering your

energy from health uses to martial power so you have less sustaining

your body. This is why you should not train too hard.

6.Mo-pai nei kung is very similear to Tibetan gTummo yoga

"The best book I have seen written from the Tibetan standpoint is

Clear Light of Bliss. You can find it on Amazon. Many practitioners

of Tibetan Yoga have written to me saying: "hey, what you describe is

exactly like the completion stages in XYZ." Duh. Human beings have

two arms and two legs. Go figure."

7.60% of the people attempting level 3 have died

"The people who have died or been injured have suffered from strokes,

heart attacks, and kidney failure"

8."It's not a problem at all, in fact it is desired, to combine

meditation with kinetic training. This is the reason that we

recommend a practice such as tai-chi with a qualified teacher to all

who have an interest in neikung. I would say that you are very much

on the right track.

What we have seen in practice is that people who follow such regimes

will normally, in the course of five years, reach about 70% of Level

One, which is wonderful."

>>I've met a young man who could reach level 2 for only 3 years of training

9."One of the foremost living masters of neikung in China is a woman,

Yang Meijun. She is the head of a Kunlun Qi gong and martial arts

school, best known for her instruction of the Wild Goose style, which

is part of the body of knowledge she possesses."

10."The main concepts in the MoPai are universality (do onto others),

universal justice (not revenge - I have been awed by how my master

lets karma take its course without interceding, and have tried to

follow his example), submission to the Will of Heaven, freedom from

material possessions (Liao Sijo literally did not have a pot to piss

in, when he could have had anything and everything he wanted)."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hubert19th January 2005, 02:52 PM

Thanks for sharing, mopai, that is some fascinating information.

I have just bought "The Magus of Java", and I am looking forward to reading it. It is strange how less than a year ago I would have dismissed it as rubbish without even trying, whereas know, after all I have experienced with Sifu and Shaolin Wahnam, I don't have a single doubt that it is all true...

I am not sure if it was in the book or forum but it was mentioned

this training can lead to an earlier death as you are altering your

energy from health uses to martial power so you have less sustaining

your body. This is why you should not train too hard.

I remember Jeffrey quoting a similar discussion he had with Sifu. Not sure which thread it was, but it was about why some Taijiquan master would die early, which could seem paradoxal.

Edited by ...

here is another cool forum... they're all over the place!

Thanks for that triple dot. Most of the information shared in your posting is a least partly incorrect, but since your whole basis for viewing the world is obviously gathered from books and other snippets of emails you find on the net, this really comes as no surprise.

I see the type of behavior you have exhibeted all over this website everyday in my classroom of young teenagers. The sense of entitlement, fueled by a lack of maturity and false pride is all to common in our modern day. Your generation, largly raised on TV and video games has a lot of growing up and catching up to do to do. God help you.

SeanD,

Thanks for the indepth post. I learned a lot from it. Many people here, certainly I, have a prejudice against the old fashion Guru model. Its so important to see other practices with more depth then a few lines of print.

Yours

Michael

You're welcome. Unfortunitly, most westerners hold these concerns about guru's because of ones who are just out to control people. The Truth is, the guru devotee relationship is beautiful bond of love between friends. The HT's warnings about controling guru's over that last two decades are largly a marketing ploy in my opinion.

Anyway, David's relationship with his teachers is one of deep friendship, not control and obedience.

So what? Don't knock a whole generation. At 41 I must admit I watched my overly fair share of TV and had a few blisters on my thumbs. B) and my parents and grand parents generation had there things. And were suitably thought of as young time wasting punks. It goes all the way back to Ug, the first cave boy.

The stories my mom has of teaching public school in the early 60's are frightening. My Grandfathers stories of growing up in the 30's are death defying.

Dots is everywhere, trying new stuff, thinking new great thoughts. Good for him. He's young. Time will settle him down, he'll find his thing, and go on to greatness.

We oldsters need to fight against stuffiness. The thought that 'obviously' our way is best. The impulse to say 'stop you're going to hurt yourself'.

Michael

• Like 1

Thanks for that triple dot. Most of the information shared in your posting is a least partly incorrect, but since your whole basis for viewing the world is obviously gathered from books and other snippets of emails you find on the net, this really comes as no surprise.

I see the type of behavior you have exhibeted all over this website everyday in my classroom of young teenagers. The sense of entitlement, fueled by a lack of maturity and false pride is all to common in our modern day. Your generation, largly raised on TV and video games has a lot of growing up and catching up to do to do. God help you.

Wow! where did this come from? Challenge the information but don't take a wild pot shot out of nowhere at a dream image. You studied 'all' his posts? You do realize you're railing away at dream images don't you? Let's get back to the moment and discuss what is being said. He put some information out there..maybe you don't like it or are uncomfortable with it..what is it that ticked you off about the post.

T

We oldsters need to fight against stuffiness. The thought that 'obviously' our way is best.

Reminds of that quote:- "When you're young your mind is broad and your belly is narrow. As you get older the situation reverses"

We oldsters need to fight against stuffiness. The thought that 'obviously' our way is best. The impulse to say 'stop you're going to hurt yourself'.

Michael

Point taken, but there's nothing wrong with learning some manners. I actually admire tripple dots wild abandon, but some things go a little far and I felt like saying so.

Wow! where did this come from? Challenge the information but don't take a wild pot shot out of nowhere at a dream image. You studied 'all' his posts? You do realize you're railing away at dream images don't you? Let's get back to the moment and discuss what is being said. He put some information out there..maybe you don't like it or are uncomfortable with it..what is it that ticked you off about the post.

T

Actually it was the "Big Bitch" comment, among a few other choice ones, that I find a little silly. And this person expresses an interest in joining the group I'm organizing?

Actually Dots, you're welcome to come if you're really serious, which I doubt. Why don't you just ask the questions you want to ask instead of trying to slam me; which only calls attention to that fact that you are obiously interested, but to afraid to say so because you think I'll tell you what a loser you are. The truth is I don't know you and I'm not really in a position to say who can participate and who can't. That's up to David.

I am offering, as I have said before, to answer any and all serious questions about my experiences and the opportunities presented. Obviously, nobody would be comfortable taking a risk on this training without knowing what they are getting into; which is why I have been privately corrisponding and fielding questions to those who are really interested and have taken two minutes to say so by emailing me.

Pretty simple really, Sean

After a good many years wandering over this globe and being exposed to many odd and wonderous things, I've little problem staying open-minded while being over a half-century along- I think my mind has expanded over the years and I have become much more accepting of things that I do not understand, even if I've put on some weight- I don't think I'm any less tolerant of new ideas. Just bad old ones I've seen mess things up for real...

So what if-

I do tend to warn kids of pit-falls and culs-de sac I have stumbled through- even when I know they'd rather I didn't... But lets not start attacking everyone on this thread just to be one up on each other...

This is becoming a real vitriolic hornets nest of a thread, and even if it is at least exposing our inner demons to the light there is no real advancement of ideas this way. The preconceptions are getting in the way.

The Tao can hold us all as if nothing at all, and if we all suddenly ceased there would be no notice taken in the next blink of an eye. The importance of these matters in only within ourselves, the game is now playing us and we are not playing well with each other today.

Lets lighten up just a wee bit. No one is wrong no one is right - it's just gonna create undo stress nit-picking our druthers apart. We all know there are dangers to some of these practices and none can work for everyone. To each there own- This fuddy-duddy is done for now-

This is becoming a real vitriolic hornets nest of a thread, and even if it is at least exposing our inner demons to the light there is no real advancement of ideas this way. The preconceptions are getting in the way.

I think it's all just part of the process..normal conversation goes through this..discussion groups are hard in that the conversation is slow and then it's printed for ever..if we were all around a table yacking away, it wouldn't be much different. I'd really hate for us all to be sipping tea and being dreadfully polite and politcally correct. At least this is somewhat 'real'--whatever that is..

T

I'd really hate for us all to be sipping tea and being dreadfully polite and politcally correct.

Somehow a mental image came in of all of us getting together 40 years from now, sipping tea and saying: "Hey, remember that silly search for immortality and enlighenment? Me neither..."

So -why does everything have to be one freakin way or another ? The Middle way is that which Taoism predicts will bring us the most fullfillment. I am not suggesting undo politness as a preference only listening and trying to break out of the stereotypes we've built for ourselves... I am among the worst of anyone I know for attacking and being a hard-ass about things that matter to me. But I do also often try to keep a perspective that brings me back to the middle, where better sense can be made of the arguments. That is being open-minded no matter the age...

The art of compromise is sometimes beyond us , and gets lost. I agree this thread is mostly a natural and healthy exploration with heat and tension and drama and anything else we want to bring into it. I just sensed it was getting up-tight...

And I hope I'm still around in 48 years to be a hundred year old pain in the ass...And a bit more ready and able to leave this world in peace. But if ya try to serve me tea it could just piss me off all over again...

It'll take a good cigar and a snifter of Brandy to cut through my orneryness by then!

Hi all,

I did some research on this after Kostas recommended the book to me. The author of he Clear Light of Bliss is currently openingly supporting the Chinese government in their efforts to destroy the Tibetan culture and render the Dali Lama powerless in Tibet. When I showed this book to a Dzogchen Lineage master, he suggested I burn it.

As for the practice, it goes to level three according to Kostas. Interesting stuff.

wow that's super cool!

I wonder what the book is like...? Is it like 'secret of the golden flower'?

you know I heard the chinese execute more people than the rest of the world combined.. that they derive confessions from torture...

It was suggested by sky news that they do this for organs.. to fuel their booming organ market.

A defense attorney that spoke with the british press was taken a couple weeks later, and never heard from again.

china seems pretty fucked =\ where are all the enlightened dudes...? Not enough of them =(