affenbrot

John Chang Video

Good day and thankx for the posting,

I am fully with you to certain extent ;) ... without Chia I might have not started but also: without the books I might have not messed up myself so much initially...

but today I tend to take full responsibility instead of just blaming others.

What I think though "Trunk" is right about: they still seem to sell material that is outdated!

And an evolving system shouldn't, or?

It does not make sense to lay a wrong foundation and only in much later material maybe show how to do it different...

but I can be wrong about that.

But at the end of the day I do think that this all is not about Chia but about flaws in the way things are still to be found out there in book stores today.

There sure are gems in this system... but today after going through like 20 years of "searching" I feel there are systems much easier, more approchable and less problematic overall... there are more troublesome as well for sure :oB)

again: I might be wrong about that.

smiles back :blush:

Harry

Harry, i'll play along and based on your comments i'll post my own critic observation on the system, valuable or not :lol: my very first time doing it :P

What I think though "Trunk" is right about: they still seem to sell material that is outdated!

I used the same material with good results, imho it's not outdated. And i saw that mantak still endorses the first book.

BUT I personally very much dislike the multiorgasmic books, co-written with douglas arava and wife, i consider them too comercial for my taste, lacking in depth and connection with the spiritual, and more pleasure-oriented.

It does not make sense to lay a wrong foundation and only in much later material maybe show how to do it different...

The foundation practice of mantak is the inner smile, six healing sounds and the microcosmic orbit. I think what happened is that the sexual part of the practice attracted more interest that it should, it still does, and mantak is still fairly known especially in connection with the sexual gongfu - that is what i consider an error in marketing.

today after going through like 20 years of "searching" I feel there are systems much easier, more approchable and less problematic overall... there are more troublesome as well for sure :oB)

Fully agree! ALOT of people would get way more benefit just from a regular physical routine like doing push-ups and jogging, eating more orderly and getting enough sleep, and having a good social environment.

The way i see it now, there are two kinds of practices:

Xing 性 practices, that relate to your inner spirit and original nature

Ming 命 practices, that relate to your essence/energy and destiny

I don't think you can overdo the ones in the first category (in mantak's system would be the inner smile & all related practices).

As for the second one, it's like building up electric tension, it's bound to be dangerous at some point.

A cure has both potentials, of curing and killing, and most of the practices that i've done had quite alot of warnings attached to them.

You are bound to get more 'power' from the second category, and the risk is proportionally higher.

You may derive more consciousness and awareness from the first category.

The daoist way, 性命双修 endorses both types into one unity, neglecting Ming is the buddhist way, overemphasizing Ming is the... well, i should say 'popular' way.

I am grateful for my harsh lessons, i wouldn't be where i am without them :D

Cheers bro!

L1

Just an FYI.

Sean Denty has come full circle and is now connected again with the Healing Tao:

Healing Tao USA General Forum

...and I have quit! life is full of surprises, no?

Thanks for the heads-up Jonah, i would've missed it! it would be interesting to know Sean Denty's current view on HT, after his experience with different masters. Do you know if he made any statement concerning this?

L1

...and I have quit! life is full of surprises, no?

Thanks for the heads-up Jonah, i would've missed it! it would be interesting to know Sean Denty's current view on HT, after his experience with different masters. Do you know if he made any statement concerning this?

L1

The fact that he is revisiting key practices of the Healing Tao says it all - there are some solid practices within the school that cannot be simply bundled together with the school's more problematic practices and then tossed aside. I have to say I get a kick out of people who angrily bash the school whenever they get a chance, as if it is an evil monolithic entity. It is not. The school is a diverse collection of practices, and a diverse collection of teachers. Different teachers emphasize what they have found to work for them, and each teacher imprints their own unique experience and expertise on to their teaching.

I haven't been in touch with Sean for a while, but we both studied and taught Healing Tao practices at the same time back in 1999-2002. Like Sean I too moved on to additional teachers and practices as part of my search for the best and "most true" perfect practice (there isn't one), yet still held a place in my heart for some of the real treasures of the Healing Tao (under Michael Winn), namely the Inner Smile, Primordial Chi Kung, the Wudang MCO, and Kan & Li.

When you are younger, in your twenties and early thirties, you are convinced there is a perfect practice or teacher out there but once you delve deeper into any practice or teacher after a few years you will always find flaws. Everyone has flaws, even the most accomplished practitioner you may be currently studying under. Overly idealizing a practice or teacher is simply setting you up for disappointment. Problems are simply part of living on earth, nothing is perfect, nothing is absolute. It's a tough realization, but if you can accept that the treasures you receive from your teachers also come with their fair share of non-treasure, the easier it is to absorb the teachings and be more in tune with the Tao - that which just is, both treasure and shit all rolled into one.

Edited by Jonah
  • Like 9

Thanks Jonah, I will keep that in mind, and see if it also checks up for me :)

Fate seems to have much to say...

When you are younger, in your twenties and early thirties, you are convinced there is a perfect practice or teacher out there but once you delve deeper into any practice or teacher after a few years you will always find flaws. Everyone has flaws, even the most accomplished practitioner you may be currently studying under. Overly idealizing a practice or teacher is simply setting you up for disappointment. Problems are simply part of living on earth, nothing is perfect, nothing is absolute. It's a tough realization, but if you can accept that the treasures you receive from your teachers also come with their fair share of non-treasure, the easier it is to absorb the teachings and be more in tune with the Tao - that which just is, both treasure and shit all rolled into one.

smile.gif I like this!

the principle of post-Heaven Hou Tian, ​​belongs to the school of thunder and lightning, She Shan Dao in Chinese, as before, the objective of achieving enlightenment and immortality,' but through the consolidation of Dan and development of the Yin-Yang Gong. the fusion of Yin Qi and Yang Qi.
This may appear to be another instance of this "Yin-Yang Gong":
I spent the first 17 years of my life in Taishan County. I not only studied martial arts, I also heard many stories about it. For example, the most terrifying person we knew was a martial arts master from Beifen Village, a man called Huang Mingsheng. He was said to be able to kill a person with one blow. Not only that, he was also said to be able to cause severe injury to a horse or an ox with one blow. The art he practiced was "yin-yang palms," an even more powerful technique than "iron pellet palms," in which the fists are made to become as solid as iron, and one blow will be enough to "curdle the blood," leave a scar, or seriously injure the target. "Yin-yang palms," in contrast, does not "curdle the blood." But instead knocks out the target instantly as if by a powerful electric shock, irreparably Martial arts, tai chi, and chi kung are three forms of the same essence, just like water, steam, and ice. Each has the same source, but each has different powers, so that they are at once independent and interconnected. This is the Chinese principle of yin and yang - many opposing things in life are interdependent.
Anyone ever heard of this guy or his school/style? :blink:

Hi all,

I did some research on this after Kostas recommended the book to me. The author of he Clear Light of Bliss is currently openingly supporting the Chinese government in their efforts to destroy the Tibetan culture and render the Dali Lama powerless in Tibet. When I showed this book to a Dzogchen Lineage master, he suggested I burn it.

As for the practice, it goes to level three according to Kostas. Interesting stuff.

Two things: John Dijang wishes to be left alone and, as you may know, is no longer and has in truth never taught this system to westerners or Chinese, with the exception of one or two, for that matter. Secondly, the system is unsound and extremely dangerous and impossible to achieve without the constant guidance and blessing of the master. Besides, there�s no real method to it, just raw technique. It�s like going to a running coach and they just tell you, �okay go run really fast and come back in three years. We�ll see how you�ve improved.�

I have been to China recently and met others like John Dijang; real immortal masters like the kind in legends. My trip and training there was and is the culmination of several years of sweat and sacrifice that , to be frank, most would be unwilling to undergo. Yes, I have found a teacher who is willing to teach real, authentic neikung and I'm starting from square one after over ten years of training in what I thought were sound practices. Turns out I would have been better off not practicing those methods at all. Ironically, students with no training or qiging background are considered lucky; they don't have bad habits from years of wrong practice.

It�s just a lot of damn work you see. First you need a teacher who is willing; good luck. Then you need a teacher with the correct techniques; okay maybe. Then you need a teacher with a good method; again, good luck. Minimum four hours of training per day. And the cost; plane tickets, offerings, fees, etc... you can forget about that vacation to the Bahamas. When people see what�s really involved to actually began to have real achievement, most give up and go home.

Affenbrot, It came as a shock to learn, after several years of heavy involvement with HT, that the entire system is a complete and total money scam. I was a Healing Tao instructor for a time and worked very closely with many senior instructors. I'm not asking for a debate on this issue or trying to dishearten the many sincere followers of the HT system that are members here on this forum, but what Chia is teaching has nothing and I mean nothing to do with neikung. It amounts to basic qigong, which is good for your health at best. The sexual stuff is just one of the minor Daoist teachings that leads to no achievement other than weak kidneys because it�s all taught incorrectly. I know many people who have literally ruined their health practicing this system. I was one of them. Thank God I met a real master who could fix my body. I know this is a strong statement, but it's my experience; it's very sad for me to log on here and listen to students go on about their experiences with useless practices, all the while thinking they are making progress. Talking about Kan and Li and Fusion; what a joke. These practices were completely invented by Mantak Chia and his Students, who don't even have the most basic achievement in terms of neikung.

Mantak Chia's father, from what I'm told, was a sincere practitioner, but the line ended with him. You see, a real dragon is hard to meet. They don't just show up in your mail box or invite you to a weekend workshop, but the neikung they teach is the only real path to success and they can readily demonstrate that achievement so that even a child can see that it�s real. I remember the first time I was zapped by a real master using his yin yang gong; my arms contracting and moving uncontrollably, no matter how hard I resisted, as strong electricity coursed through my body. My view on neikung? Simple, there is neikung and when you experience it you have no more questions.

Best, Sean

• Like 1

interesting thread, fascinating that sean came back to HT after all those years.

I remember michael saying one that the sexual alchemy techniques shouldn't have been released or at least not until someone had managed to ground themselves properly and it was a big of mistake publishing that book and also the three finger lock method which they dont promote anymore.

Edited by eggshen

To torture you .... for your past sins  .

:) 

This was supposed to happen  ;

220px-Ngaye_(Naraka)_in_Burmese_art.jpg

then this ;

Narak+Yatana+-+Narak+Punishment+16.JPG

then this

Narak+Yatana+-+Narak+Punishment+15.JPG

and some of this

Narak+Yatana+-+Narak+Punishment+2.JPG

and finally, a little bit of this

Narak+Yatana+-+Narak+Punishment+18.JPG

( Vedic 'Chug-chug steamrollers supplied by NGKI ( Nandighosha - Garudadhwaja -KapidhwajaIndustries Mumbai )

...   But the Gods decided a  worse   punishment was needed .

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1