Mal

Kunlun Book

Apparently Jenny Lamb (or someone from her school) has posted this morning on the topic of Entity Issues in the articles section. Also related info in the testimonials section of her website.

• Like 2

I am wondering if Max is also able to see and remove entities

Likely yes, given his level and specialties of the schools he studied with.

In case that was implied, Sifu Lamb's posting on entity issues has nothing to do with Kunlun. (But yes if anyone is seeing those reptiles by any means get in touch with her.)

She is a healer that specializes in entity issues, that's all.

(I didn't see her students (of yigong aka Max's Kunlun level 1) talk about reptiles nor other problems that get connected to Kunlun school on this board.)

And yes since this is a "Kunlun book" thread it would be great if someone posted what's the difference from the old book. :)

Edited by Leif
  • Like 1

Likely yes, given his level and specialties of the schools he studied with.

In case that was implied, Sifu Lamb's posting on entity issues has nothing to do with Kunlun. (But yes if anyone is seeing those reptiles by any means get in touch with her.)

She is a healer that specializes in entity issues, that's all.

(I didn't see her students (of yigong aka Max's Kunlun level 1) talk about reptiles nor other problems that get connected to Kunlun school on this board.)

And yes since this is a "Kunlun book" thread it would be great if someone posted what's the difference from the old book. :)

I was asking this because I may have an entity issue and Max is more accessible for me than Jenny.

Does anyone know in how much entity possession can affect the thoughts of the possed and if an entity can also cause imbalnces in the energy-body/field of the possed?

Edited by Josama

I was asking this because I may have an entity issue and Max is more accessible for me than Jenny.

Does anyone know in how much entity possession can affect the thoughts of the possed and if an entity can also cause imbalnces in the energy-body/field of the possed?

it can affect both to a great degree

I agree it's probably subconscious material emerging but it is the compassionate thing to do to instruct the people you are teaching how to take responsibility for their unresolved emotional issues which come up from the unconscious if you are going to help open them up.

It's a bit like throwing people overboard without checking if they can swim or having a rope ready if they can't.

To me it seems that to the extent of issues, some may have been conflating simple and easy. Resolving such things usually winds up being relatively simple, though it may not be easy (or next to impossible where a certain method is concerned) for the practitioner. Consider cam vs mgd in the 'how.' Cam never lashed out at people 'because they didnt understand what he was going through,' he just mentioned the strength of the practice, the timeframes needed for himself, kept up practicing and it did wonders for him. Many of us tried to give mgd helpful suggestions and got yelled at for it. You either work through things, work around them, or turn away from them, but ultimately it is up to each of us to take steps. If it is truly a matter of "the more I practice this, the worse it gets" then either the practitioner doesnt want to put forth the effort or cannot for whatever reason. We all have lives to live...and even Jenny's version of the practice is contraindicated for those who have mental issues, bipolarism, etc - she knows the potency and doesnt want to have to babysit, either. (I'm not insinuating anything about Cam, but mgd in her sweet phase said she was bipolar and when she had problems she bugged the shit out of max to the point where he said I've already told you what to do, now go do it, I cant help you further, the steps are yours to take.)

So, are you saying that the beneficial nagas are 'real' in and of themselves, but that any malicious reptiles are manifestations of the students' unresolved unconscious? That's clearly not a consistent viewpoint.

Or are you saying that they are both the goodies and baddie reptiles are real in and of themselves, but that it depends upon the students' subconscious what they attract? In which case, we'd still have to acknowledge that, in Max's school, there is a trend of students (and others in their household, their children) being attacked by reptiles... just that your description of the mechanism varies. I'd still say that's worth knowing about before choosing to get involved. And if people choose to get involved knowingly, ok then, that's their informed adult decision.

I'd be curious to what extent there was the mindset to begin with, for whomever had these experiences. Yoda wanted to be visited by aliens, reptiles, whomever - and the desire was pretty strong for a time. And from what I gathered, he was open with his kids about practices and such - I mean, that whole situation seemed to be the sort of thing where visitors were wanted and welcome, until, wait, this wasnt quite what I expected, now please go away - well what the heck, we were invited, more or less. Yoda's daughter was doing kl at times for cripes sake.

What I got was Yoda "talked to about a dozen people that had reptile experiences" and a few were to enough of an extent that it was a problem (and with however many handfuls of people around being spooked by the stories and staying completely away, as evidenced by some of the postings.) Out of the thousandish that Max has taught, perhaps hundredish (not terribly accurate #s, of course not many thousands or many hundreds, respectively) that have stuck with the practices...are those sort of numbers really statistically significant enough to say that "this practice is gonna/is likely to give you a reptile infestation?"

If one is sincerely trying to connect with the lineage and immerse oneself in it...is one necessarily expecting "help"...or...guidance...lessons? How does this differ if say one is doing a tummo practice and one sees the wrathful deities thereof? How does this differ to one who utilizes a practice but makes no attempt at a lineage connection? Or "I'm open to whatever, come see me, universe!"?

What is pretty certain of the combination of practices is that if you have any "personal shit," whatever that may be, it will pick it up and toss it into a big fan for you. If you're not ready to work on it...well, I suppose that is "up to the practitioner" - then the "quick quick" path may not be for you, for if you need to "ascend to a certain height" in your spiritual practices in order to "get through what you need to get through," then quicker the path the more g-forces there will be in the turns. Some people's energetic vehicle is comparable to the beverly hillbillies' wagon in that regard.

I'm saying all is reflection of mind. To the extent that real-ness manifests is partially a reflection on the individual, what unresolved energetic loops are there, how does that mind deal with it, what are the beliefs...many factors. Remove the duality and see through the illusion. The practice dug me my shit and threw it at me, but I think having spent years learning to shut up my cranial nerves and such provided me ample grounding space and calm mindscape for what the practice does. I'm still not done by any means :closedeyes:

---

Josama, you may have an entity problem, but if you realize the root of the issue you can cease that "affixed energetic loop" yourself - think of an electric circuit, now build a self reinforcing loop attached to the side of it - it doesnt do much for the circuit, it just resonates and like the vortices that form in the air passageways as breath passes through, they consume some energy just being manifest - get to the root, drop the energy there below a certain threshold, then seal it and be mindful of the resonance, vigilant if need be, and you can take care of it yourself - no neeeeeeed to have 'someone qualified' to see it and dampen the resonance, then you may have to be vigilant of it anyway. Although sometimes shortcuts can be helpful ^_^ But put the word need in its proper place, know you have the tools necessary, it is just a matter of putting them to use. That's of course not a reason to not seek help if you truly feel it necessary, because at times going it solo means a tougher slog up the mountain.

• Like 4

I don't know that I can say anything that would be helpful or useful here. I saw Kan San in Tokyo several months ago and had a good time.

All I have is my own experience. Even my teachers, Max, Kan etc I don't blindly follow whatever they say. My impression is I am really my own best teacher in regards to Kunlun. I value my own judgements about what is balanced and correct for my path above anyone elses. That's not to say don't listen. But it's your path.

Regarding the issue that Trunk has brought up. I think if I had one critisizm about the way Kunlun was initially presented years ago is that it probably would have been good to have had more of a screening process for students. I think it was Chris's enthusiasm for getting the practice out there, which I appreciate in regards to my own life, that might have missed the screening process to see if the practice was "balanced" for every individual student at those seminars. A tall order but it would have probably been the responsible thing to do.

I think Chris is a great guy and he and Max let me know where they stood on things from the start but for that 1% or 5% or whatever it is of students who's energy or mind didn't jive well with Kunlun, perhaps their personal or energetic issues in regards to this particular lineage energy were overlooked. There were many people coming to those seminars. I wouldn't expect Max to be able to handle each and every individual students every energetic/emotional/karmic issue. But I think Max tried his best.

Interestingly, it sounds like Max is taking more time to let students develop on there own now and not just giving the transmission that I was given and others were given immedietly. Kan said something similar when I saw him about transmission. Though I was given another transmission in Japan.

It's really beyond the scope of my understanding as to why or why not some people have a good or bad experience with Kunlun. I think it can be a very quick and intense practice. Some students really embrace the quick and intense speed at which Kunlun reveals to you, well..truth..and why some freak out. Is that freaking out wrong or bad? I don't think so. Again, in those instances, perhaps more initial "screening" of people may have been good.

Anyway, looking forward to reading the new book. I am 100% certain Kunlun has done far more good in peoples lives then bad. I consider it a very safe but no doubt a very, very powerful system of awakening to Tao.

The fact that this system was and is taught publically still amazes me. And I am proud to have been a part of it.

ps. I am getting pm's which I don't answer here. I don't have anything to say in regards to peoples personal practice or advice. I am not a facilitator in the Kunlun System. I prefer to just do my practice and leave the teachers to answer your questions. Or buy the new book if you like. I haven't read it yet but I suspect that would be the best place to start.

Cam

Edited by Cameron
  • Like 4

Sifu Lamb can work over distance, communicating through Skype. Though in one testimonial it was mentioned it was so bad the client had to come to her in person.

Re entities affecting thoughts: Some very interesting case studies are on http://easterninternalarts.com/ under "Testimonials".

There's a section on Nagas in Robert Beer's Encyclopedia of Tibetan Symbols and Motifs available to read on Google Books:

The Naga (Tib. klu)

(later edit: Hmm ...link may have a limit, just click on the next page arrow and then go back one if it says the limit is reached. If that doesn't work do a googe search for kalachakra naga kings).

From what I've been taught they must be approached with caution using correct protocol. They're not particularly keen on being matey with us.

Yet another edit: story about nagas on dharmawheel:

Lama Samten and the Nagas of Lake Tekapo

Edited by rex

I never wound up getting the second book, so I can't really compare - but this one is excellent. Will elaborate later :)

So. I haven't finished reading through the text (190 pages), but I'm totally smitten with what I have covered thus far.

Max's tone throughout is very conversational, and I really feel as if the recordings I already have of Max talking have just been doubled. There is a really healthy balance between the esoteric and the scientific in his explanations and it seems to me that everyone will find what particular emphasis works best for them. It never feels like Max is just droning on or trying to deliberately swell the page count... every paragraph seems to contain some valuable insight.

Compared to the last book, things are photographed well and everything is clearly displayed (with Diana on modeling duties)... folks new to the practices should have no difficulty navigating through the postures.

In terms of specific practices, Max gives One Breath, the main Kunlun 1 posture, Golden Flower, Three Ones, Traveling Hands, i-jong and standing 5 Elements. Many of these are given now with the refinements that classes receive (perhaps most notably Kunlun 1 and Golden Flower-- which now has the 4th posture). The arm positions in 5 Elements (specifically Wood and Metal) are also different from the last book. The Three Ones was not in the last book either. And no, Red Phoenix is not present, but it's easy enough to schedule a skype session with Max or a facilitator (should the desire exist) to receive it. Each practice is given ample explanation.

Table of contents:

The Tao of Awakening and the Childlike Simplicity Approach

Developing Proper Mindset and Breathing the One Breath

What is the KUNLUN System?

The Refined KUNLUN Method Posture with Ying/Yang Hand

Purification, Emptiness, the Physical Body and Balancing

Best Times to Practice and Tips on What and What Not to Do

The Golden Flower Method of Maoshan

The Three Ones Meditation of Maoshan

Taoist Traveling Hands of Maoshan

Grounding and Balancing the Energy

Maoshan Five Elements

Living in Harmony with Nature

Importance of Diet

The Art of Tea and Teatime as Meditation

The Ultimate Expression of Awakening

KUNLUN System and Final Thoughts

I'm extremely pleased with what I've read so far, and so happy to see what Max has to say outside of basic practice explanation. Seems like the approach and presentation in this book is far more comprehensive/holistic than the previous permutations, and there is an emphasis on lifestyle here, where as the last text targeted the more sensationalist aspects of the practices...

Anyhow, can't recommend this book highly enough. Well worth the wait.

best.

balance.

Edited by balance.
  • Like 6

I think I will take 6 months and solely practice from the instructions presented in this publication! Seems like mastery of fundamental practices of this system is so key.

Scott - are you still refraining from the spontaneous movement part of the practice?

• Like 1

I've been following this thread with interest and I've ordered the new book. It's gonna take six weeks to get here in the UK :( .

I plan to practice from it 100% and not just read it as another cool book with nice ideas.

In preparation for the practice I've stopped any methods aimed at raising kundalini or mco. I was following JJ Semple's Golden Flower Meditation but as yet I haven't activated any upward energy flow, so I'll not pursue that.

Maybe some emptiness meditation and zhan zhuang would be a better idea until I get the book and start practicing.

Looking forward to a new phase in my ongoing development.

p.s. Just noticed I'm on my 500th post !

Edited by adept
  • Like 3

And, Trunk, I suppose I'm curious what prompted your change in word choice between those older posts you referenced and this most recent one ("rascilious" to malicious) .... Were folk being attacked by iguanas or some such similar thing? Or were reptiles simply congregating? It just seems that proper expression was never given to the nature of these developments in the older posts-- and folk were subsequently left to fill in the blanks. I'd really appreciate it if you could flesh out some of those unknowns here if you're able.

best

balance.

Edited by balance.

The phrase "rascalious reptiles" added a bit of humor to a difficult situation, that is all. I've expressed my point of view and provided links. Anything more from me at this point would just be repetitive, excessive. Everyone is free to make up their own minds and choose their own paths, of course. Opinions vary, paths vary. I have friends on all sides of this, wish everyone well.

• Like 5

just got the book in the uk ,

lots of good and deep info ,

just wish red phoenix was included !

just wondering , i know max states not to practice it with fire path methods

would stillness movement , being a non forced system still class as a fire path ?

i guessing as it rises it would , but would really like to delve into kunlun

whilst keeping my s m going

Kunlun / yigong to my knowledge does not deal with qi in the ordinary sense.

At least it doesn't have any vibratory frequency you can measure.

I guess that's why people describe it as "magnetic".

I think thelerner has experience in both Kunlun and s-m.