ShaktiMama

Questions and Answers about Kundalini II

Just been surfing around this subject and read Sannella (you can get it free in pdf) also found this clip on youtube - no idea who he is but its quite interesting about downward flow:

I posted the link to the pdf in question near the top of the thread. I am not aware of any copyright issues with it, but please take it off if you need to.

I dont like to read newspapers because they dont include in them thousands upon thousands of stories in them about people loving one another, being productive and creative, gentle and kind. That isnt news. But it is a lot of life. It's be nice if one day a newspaper headlined with "SO MANY PEOPLE LOVE EACH OTHER AND IT JUST KEEPS HAPPENING!"

Touche, Cat.

But you know what, its really not that forlorn... this negativity can be tapped into, because fundamentally energy is energy. We just have to see beyond the apparent, to understand that as things fall apart outside, we can become more motivated, inside we can become more determined and passionate in transforming our minds towards higher spiritual awakenings so that we will not be 'snowed under' by all the negative goings-on, and when this is achieved, we can lend a helping hand to others, and perhaps sincerely show the way, or shine a light, or even throw them a lifeline out of the mess, without being overly subjugated by the force of the negativity, or better still, to be able to ride on it victoriously..

Not sure about the preciseness of Kundalini as a well-guided path towards this aim, but i sure know Vajrayana, Tantrayana and Mahayana schools all have very precise systems that train the practitioner to become more fearlessly wise and yet willingly compassionate in their ways.

I posted the link to the pdf in question near the top of the thread. I am not aware of any copyright issues with it, but please take it off if you need to.

Its available here:

K.A.S.

so I assume its ok to download - but you can buy it from amazon too.

Just looking at Kundalini and Chakras from same place.

.... treat it all with caution I suppose ...

Edited by apepch7

Buddhism for instance is NOT a top down, or bottom up path like most of Hinduism is with a primal source of all that we cycle from and back to in a high to low back to high sense. It's actually a sideways path due to D.O. and E without a primal origin, beginningless and endless on all levels simultaneously. There is nothing to transcend or merge with ultimately speaking. This is an entirely different revelation from the Vedic stuff and not a fire based path.. It is actually more water, especially recognized in it's more esoteric revelations of Vajrayana. Which is why Vajrayana doesn't have so many of these recorded "Kundalini Psychosis Syndroms" which happen so much in the fire based paths. It is also more all pervasive space oriented encompassing a balancing of all the elements for the sake of benefiting all in every moment, at least as an ideal and realized in all Buddhas. Of course this utilization of spacious wisdom is for all elements manifesting uniquely for all diverse types of beings and thus can pop into any -ism if the individual is so ready.

Your ability to write in contradictions has no limit. In a recent post you claim there are hierarchies of experience, from so called lower to higher. Therefor, in the Buddhist system, there is a preference for the higher experience, which is a transcendence of some lower undesirable experience. Now you claim Buddhism is a sideways path, with nothing to transcend or merge with. Further, you have bought into the arrogant idea that Buddha's are benefiting all beings across space and time without limit. That is a delusion at it's finest.

ralis

Edited by ralis

Thanks Apech for posting all that stuff!

Thanks TaoMeow for posting your account of your K rising. I would love to hear more about it but acquiesce that if timing is off then it's off. No argument :)

Cat, I heartily agree that our media is mostly a slop-filled/half-truth waste of time, money, energy and effort. Unfortunately it's also the tune to which many people amble through their days and base their worldviews and by dint of that their actions on :(

its very simple. you want to spend less time "talking about it". Instead you want to spend more time meditating and living it and experiencing Kundalini.

Peace & God Bless

SD

www.kundaliniawakeningprocess.com

Just been surfing around this subject and read Sannella (you can get it free in pdf) also found this clip on youtube - no idea who he is but its quite interesting about downward flow:

FYI, The method he recommends for working with the downward flow is almost identical to Frantzis' dissolving. It is encouraging to know that he did not find dissolving and kundalini to be opposing process (cf. Taomeow), but complementary ones.

His description of having the the watery flow going downward kundlaini pumping up the center and is very much in line with Tao's recommendation to have everything else flowing down while kundalini is flowing up. It is encouraging to know that someone else had success with this as opposed to insisting that it is impossible (again, cf. Taomeow).

That is a very interesting thought. I'm hmmmmning right now. Hmmmmmmmmm. ^_^

I should point out that when I talk about opening a channel, I am referring to the jing level, so to speak, the grossest form of energy. I think that this is usually what Taoists mean when the speak of opening a channel. There may still be mental and psychic stuff that needs cleared out, but the bioenergetic and primal emotion level stuff is cleared out.

Now, can you purify and clear out the whole multidimensional depth of the central channel without kundalini entering the picture somehow? Probably not, as she is sitting in there waiting to wake up. But you know way more about that than me.

Creation, I've been very impressed by the quality of your posts lately.

Although I don't know much at all, I tend to agree with the dude in the video. Every true tradition should be about opening everything in every way, hopefully safely.

its very simple. you want to spend less time "talking about it". Instead you want to spend more time meditating and living it and experiencing Kundalini.

Peace & God Bless

SD

With respect its a good idea to understand the process and what I have read on here has been helpful. People with the syndrome are usually advise to ease off the practice or at least change it.

Peace & God Bless

SD

No offense, but feeling Kundalini is not all that nice. It can be pleasant at times, but more often it's an annoyance and a distraction. I prefer to summon the subtle energy when I need it to do some work, such as healing in an emergency, or to warm up, but unless I have work to do, I don't like going around all aglow and abuzz with energy. It's neither healthy nor fun. And worshipping it as if it's so important or as if it's a direct route to wisdom is a big mistake. Energy is purely utilitarian by its very nature. It has no wisdom or ignorance in it. Kundalini is no different from the wind we experience when walking down the street. Just like wind it's neither good nor bad and doesn't inherently lead to anything in particular. Nobody worships winds, do they? Well, Kundalini is pretty much nothing other than an internal wind. If we don't worship the external wind, there is no good reason to worship the internal wind either. Knowing how to control inner winds can be useful, but it's not really more magic than the external wind.

So, no I don't want to spend more time experiencing Kundalini. I think I experience it more than I would like as is. I'd like to experience it less time, not more. Having Kundalini is like having a tail. It's cool for the first week in a "check this out" way, but then it just gets in the way.

Edited by goldisheavy

Your ability to write in contradictions has no limit.

Yes, life is full of paradox. Not for the linear minded.

In a recent post you claim there are hierarchies of experience, from so called lower to higher.

Yes, correct within context. But, I also said they are all equally empty and mutually dependent so none are inherently ultimate. Just one is more beneficial than another.

Therefor, in the Buddhist system, there is a preference for the higher experience, which is a transcendence of some lower undesirable experience.

That higher experience arises dependent upon the awareness of the uniformity of emptiness of all experience and sentient beings.

Now you claim Buddhism is a sideways path, with nothing to transcend or merge with.

Yes, ultimately speaking, because you as well as all your experiences are empty of inherent existence and the mass of your experiences are all relative, equally.

Further, you have bought into the arrogant idea that Buddha's are benefiting all beings across space and time without limit. That is a delusion at it's finest.

ralis

Chogyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche believes the very same. So I guess based upon the idea expressed by you above, Rinpoche is also deluded?

It is also my experience through Dzogchen that the above is not a delusion but a stable and complete truth. :)

Through the practices given by ChNNR, who you say you've received transmission from, one can have a direct experience of this truth... very deeply heart felt experience right there in the center of the heart chakra with the experience of the "blue vajra", or blue sphere or in sanskrit, "nila bindu."

Edited by Vajrahridaya

I dont like to read newspapers because they dont include in them thousands upon thousands of stories in them about people loving one another, being productive and creative, gentle and kind. That isnt news. But it is a lot of life. It's be nice if one day a newspaper headlined with "SO MANY PEOPLE LOVE EACH OTHER AND IT JUST KEEPS HAPPENING!"

That's my own feeling as well! I've always been astounded at popular humanities tendency to gravitate towards the dark side of everything...

Edited by Vajrahridaya

Touche, Cat.

Not sure about the preciseness of Kundalini as a well-guided path towards this aim, but i sure know Vajrayana, Tantrayana and Mahayana schools all have very precise systems that train the practitioner to become more fearlessly wise and yet willingly compassionate in their ways.

Kundalini is utilized in Vajrayana, but within a different view, context and treatment, thus there are less reports of "Kundalini Madness", due to the way the Masters awaken it in other beings through awareness first in a more top down fashion rather than through the primal forces in the body first.

I should point out that when I talk about opening a channel, I am referring to the jing level, so to speak, the grossest form of energy. I think that this is usually what Taoists mean when the speak of opening a channel. There may still be mental and psychic stuff that needs cleared out, but the bioenergetic and primal emotion level stuff is cleared out.

Yes, I found that my Rinpoche awakens people to shen first then slowly through teachings in yantra yoga (our version of hatha yoga not to be mistaken with meditation on yantras or mandalas) we then integrate our shen experience or Rigpa with our chi or prana, thus purifying our jing and creating a balance through a process of cleaning through the practices. Of course if one can stabilize shen upon the initiation experience, then the arising of purification movements "Kriyas" happens on a deeply subtle level with very little outer or physical trauma as the transformation happens naturally by releasing into naked awareness and much of the physical changes happens during lucid dream space. But, most people have to practice stabilization in the pure experience of "Rigpa" through various techniques.

Now, can you purify and clear out the whole multidimensional depth of the central channel without kundalini entering the picture somehow? Probably not, as she is sitting in there waiting to wake up. But you know way more about that than me.

Kundalini of course wakes up, but we don't call it "the coiled one" because in Buddhism we awaken the energy in a different way as described above and still get the results of higher intelligence, creativity, etc.

Here is a link that describes beautifully what I was talking about above and a little quote from the link.

Kundalini & Tibetan Buddhism by Tom Adams

I have found that traditional Tibetan Buddhist monks do not have kundalini related problems and yet the energy is actively moving up the central channel. The Buddhist approach works safely and very effectively to purify the latent unconscious forces, associated with the different chakras. When these latent energies, the causes of the blockages and resistance are brought into consciousness and released into the light of awareness, the winds (shakti) will naturally, safely enter the central channel, and rise up the sushumna without the need for willful manipulation. The webs between the chakras dissipate in a natural way and this allows for illumination of the different levels of consciousness associated with the chakras.

For a really good book on Indo-Tibetan Buddhist treatment of yoga and the energy of it largely known as kundalini, check this... Yantra Yoga: The Tibetan Yoga of Movement

Also...

The Bliss of Inner Fire: Heart Practice of the Six Yogas of Naropa

Considered one of the best English translations of how Kundalini or Candali Yoga manifests in the Buddhist tradition.

Edited by Vajrahridaya

I like this dude, he has some really good insights. Thanks for the link. As far as the downward flow, I interpret that as allowing the qi to cycle as it naturally does, and easier through his technique of a slow conscious relaxation of the body.

FYI, The method he recommends for working with the downward flow is almost identical to Frantzis' dissolving. It is encouraging to know that he did not find dissolving and kundalini to be opposing process (cf. Taomeow), but complementary ones.

His description of having the the watery flow going downward kundlaini pumping up the center and is very much in line with Tao's recommendation to have everything else flowing down while kundalini is flowing up. It is encouraging to know that someone else had success with this as opposed to insisting that it is impossible (again, cf. Taomeow).

Vajrayana does this "dissolving" as well and stilling the pranas or wind energies in the central channel through awareness. We also have more of a fluid take on the chakras than traditional tantric Hinduism.

Edited by Vajrahridaya

Then I veered from my path and absolutely the opposite happened. Of course I broke rule, after rule, and guidance after guidance in order for this to happen. I basically went back to my previous lifestyle of street criminal. I have since been clean and "good" for 10 years, for the most part with some faltering here and there. But, I still experience the "kundalini syndrome" in an unbalanced manor only due to the fact of some major trespasses against my Kundalini lineage and teachers and not due to merely having kundalini awakening to begin with. My kundalini process under professional guidance was very smooth.
When people talk about "kundalini syndrome," what all exactly does this encompass?

Obviously, it can cause some bizarre health conditions - like scorching fevers and lots of other "tapas" as problems detox to the surface.

But does it also include life mishaps and "bad luck?" Is this stuff also a typical part of the process as well? Is it like karma releasing or something?

Edited by vortex

When people talk about "kundalini syndrome," what all exactly does this encompass?

Obviously, it can cause some bizarre health conditions - like scorching fevers and lots of other "tapas" as problems detox to the surface.

Does this also include life mishaps and "bad luck?" Is this stuff also a typical part of the process as well? Is it like karma releasing or something?

Yes, I think so, its often overlooked by raising energy impacts on your outer life as well as your inner condition, we discussed this a while ago but I can't remember where. I'm interested in this because I think the direction of your life changes and this is important. You step out of your comfort zone and stuff starts happening to you. Not bad in the long term but tough in the short.

Does this also include life mishaps and "bad luck?" Is this stuff also a typical part of the process as well? Is it like karma releasing or something?

Kundalini syndrome has a number of general Eastern Medicine symptoms.

Slightly elevated body temperature/flushing sensations = yang excess/yang rising

Inability to focus in a calm manner= yin deficiency

Movement of mind from one topic to another in atypical speed= wind excess

Sudden onset of symptoms/emotions/conditions/spasms= internal wind excess

Night sweats= either Yin deficiency or yang excess

Inability to deal with social morays= heart qi stagnation/yin deficiency/deviated spirit

General psychotic/anti social behavior= phlegm misting the mind(elevated blood lipids)

I had the chance to meet a Iraq war vet who had a full on Kundalini opening on the battlefield. Talk about intensity...

:)

Kundalini syndrome has a number of general Eastern Medicine symptoms.

Slightly elevated body temperature/flushing sensations = yang excess/yang rising

Inability to focus in a calm manner= yin deficiency

Movement of mind from one topic to another in atypical speed= wind excess

Sudden onset of symptoms/emotions/conditions/spasms= internal wind excess

Night sweats= either Yin deficiency or yang excess

Inability to deal with social morays= heart qi stagnation/yin deficiency/deviated spirit

General psychotic/anti social behavior= phlegm misting the mind(elevated blood lipids)

I had the chance to meet a Iraq war vet who had a full on Kundalini opening on the battlefield. Talk about intensity...

:)

There's a check list of symptoms on that website I posted earlier. I hope its not copyright ... it doesn't say it is so ...here it is ...