Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

On 1/6/2019 at 8:10 PM, ridingtheox said:

uh I may be experiencing my second  detached retinal event ... any idea about qi gong addressing that  ...  surgery  repaired the other eye so  that is my fall back solution

I have already sent you a private message on the matter.

On 1/6/2019 at 8:10 PM, ridingtheox said:

uh I may be experiencing my second  detached retinal event ... any idea about qi gong addressing that  ...  surgery  repaired the other eye so  that is my fall back solution

Hi Charlie,

Sorry to hear about your second detached retainal event.

I have a specific subset of FPCK meds--seated ones--that might help.  No guarantees at this time, of course.  You can PM me anytime about it or email me.
Best,
Sifu Terry

• Like 1

From my Experience the flying phoenix chi does not dissipate once you stop, it seems to be stored, i have stopped practice for a few weeks and still felt the chi especially when i do mindfulness meditation. I never used to make noises of satisfaction when doing simple mindfulness meditation but since doing flying phoenix i do...kind of wish i didnt its a little embarassing, its kind of like the noise you make when something tastes really good 'mmmmmmmm'.

I remember one experience i had which i mentioned earlier in the thread, i had done DVD 7 seated meditations. The following day i was cycling back from work listening to psytrance and all this energy activated and i felt amazing... way better than when i had done the meditation the day before. Infact i have noticed that sometime when i do the meditations i dont actually feel the chi that strongly but it comes back and hits me later on really intensely.

As Earl Grey mentioned about it being our duty to practice as it positively affects those around us i have noticed this also, i do get people randomly wanting to hug me which tbh is for me a negative side affect of this practice.

• Like 3

I have this doubt in my mind. It's said to not eat anything 20 minutes before exercise. What if it's been 30 minutes since I have eaten but still feel heavy, still feel the food in my stomach. Can I do the FP chi kung or I have to wait until my stomach is light? 

2 hours ago, Learner said:

I have this doubt in my mind. It's said to not eat anything 20 minutes before exercise. What if it's been 30 minutes since I have eaten but still feel heavy, still feel the food in my stomach. Can I do the FP chi kung or I have to wait until my stomach is light? 

The recommended time is usually an estimate as food in your stomach being digested will impact qi flow. If your metabolism is slower or you had a heavy meal such as one that included a lot of carbs, it could take longer. If you had something like coconut juice, that can easily digest in a few minutes. So yes, wait until you fee light and no bloating.

• Like 1

Hi All

Please bear with me, as I don't necessarily have the right words to describe my perceptions. I will try to communicate inasmuch as I can, though, because I feel that since my last post, I have evolved, so I wanted to share it.

I have wholeheartedly taken up another practice for healing. Nothing particularly esoteric, just stretching. Serious, drawn-out, daily stretching. 

The concentration on sensations as I stretch, get me into a nice contemplative state of mind. I am so concentrated, that I am open to intuitive movement. I don't do a routine, I just address parts of my body as I feel the need to. This results in very appropriate movements, which in turn lead to spontaneous breathing changes, swaying and mild shaking, which I interpret as movement of chi.

I then get to feeling similar states of bliss as I did in FPCK. I sense a presence again, and it is the same presence I sensed in FPCK. I feel guided (and loved), and I internally acknowledge the guiding force by grinning in happiness, like I did during FPCK. 

Yes, I did say that the symptoms dissipate after FPCK, I did not say the energy completely leaves, I have always known that something stays, and that new FPCK practice rekindles an energy that is already there. 

But in these current sessions, I do not feel that I am rekindling FPCK. I now know that the presence/intelligence I felt was something beyond an intermediary. I don't know how to explain it. I now feel better about the presence I used to feel. As far as I can currently interpret (I am not keen on judging something I know precious little about at this point), FPCK is a catalyst to this connection, and not the end recipient of my connection - if you know what I mean.

I am still learning. As the need arises, I will re-post here, though I am not practising FPCK. However, I feel it is related, as FPCK is an access point for a higher power than itself. I feel there are many ways of accessing this higher power, and FPCK is one of them.

I hope I have been as clear as possible.

Be well and happy progression to all.

• Like 2

Hi Terry, I need some info. I have been doing Flying phoenix qigong on and off for 2-3 years now and have experienced some great benefits over time but I have not been consistent with my practice and have skipped weeks and some times months. Recently I was diagnosed with lymph node issues and was advised biopsy to rule out anything serious. They removed 2 lymph nodes from my groin area and sent it to lab. My question is does the lymph node removal has any long term side effects according to tcm? Will it permanently effect my lymph system and meridians at the site of excision? The lymph nodes transport fluid throughout body and there are 600 total in body. So when the lymph reaches the groin area where I had lymph nodes removed, what would happen since there is no way to move forward at the excision site. The groin has 15 lymph nodes. The removed nodes cant be grown back I was told. Whats tcm view about node removal? Would it create a permanent energy blockage? Would it effect my Qigong practice? I am asking you because I read in previous threads that you were once shot, so you might have lymph node or tissue removed from your body so you can answer it from your personal experience and how qigong helped with energy blockage due to injury? Thanks

• Like 2

15856133934_faecdd54b2_b.jpg

15856125194_d829d8201c_b.jpg

16292809857_756d116c40_b.jpg

15858573273_30f868c943_b.jpg

15858578983_5535766f72_b.jpg

Dear FPCK practitioners, above are photos of Cambodia's Koh Kerr temple, a place I last visited in 2014 when I was living in Siem Reap for a year working at the children's hospital. 

This image is a means to inspire wonder in our practice, because sometimes it only takes an image of a place or a simple reflection in writing, description in prose or poetry, and even a story to share that brings us to focus. 

For this particular image, it is the fact that as of 2014, Koh Kerr was still relatively unadulterated compared to Angkor National Park, and the marriage of an old civilization's ruins and the return of nature is similar to the concept of "physis" in ancient Greek philosophy, best translated as "the return to nature". 

I chose this image set because returning to nature can also begin with rediscovering the healing within through our qigong practice, and the Flying Phoenix meditations help remind me of certain places I used to live in (I've lived in 8 countries and traveled to a total of 15 as of this writing). The tranquility with the warm breeze juxtaposed against the fact that landmines were still active in the vicinity brought the state of the primordial mind to my travel companions, especially as the trees seep through and undo the remnants of the Khmer empire's architecture. To see these images and describe this experience is to draw parallel the sensation I get when doing the Volume 7 Advanced Monk Serves Wine meditations, particularly the [80% 70% 50% 30%] and [70% 50% 20% 10%] forms after having done them for over a year and a half now and already going beyond the DVD volumes through my one-on-one training with Sifu Terry. 

I hope you are all doing well in your practice and encourage you to share your experience, questions, and even inspirations, whether through quoting an author or sharing an artwork or musical piece to impart your own unique relationship with Flying Phoenix qigong. 

Many happy practices ahead for all of you and a happy new year,

Earl Grey

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 8

When I looked at the ruins of that temple my first thought was that it was the result of the Khmer Rouge faction in  Cambodia, as portrayed in the movie, The Killing Fields. A tragic world event that did not get much news in the USA. 

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR TO THE FLYING PHOENIX QIGONG COMMUNITY!

I am glad to back after a relative absence from the thread over the past 5-6 weeks due to extensive travel over the Christmas holidays, a harsh winter here in the Berkshires, and lots of work on 4 book projects including the FP Qigong book, which has been a work-in-progress since about the third year of this thread.  (It's coming along.)  

I will do my best to respond to the backlog of postings that were addressed to me specificially.

In the meantime, here is a little New Year's gift:  a video of my demonstration of "Moonbeam Splashes On Water," which all serious FP practitioners should be doing after  certainly after year of practicing all the FP Meditations on Volumes 1 and 2, and "Wind Through Treetops", the meditation leading up to "Moonbeam" on Volume 3.  I was inspired to perform "Moonbeam" and to record it on a beautiful December morning at Eastover Estate with the eastern hills behind me.  My very slow speed of practice in this video is appropriate and essential for deriving optimal health benefits from this and all FP moving meditations:

So enjoy...and then get busy with your practice!

Sifu Terry Dunn

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 10

Day 37  ...  most days doing two FPLF    Sat  5:;30 am  my first  time to exceed 40 min practice.  

Intense sensation at  the third eye point (actually spreading across most of forehead)    Today I

followed sifu Dunn's youtube of the 10 min performance of the long form  reviewing and correcting form.  (done at .75 speed youtube)

surely a healing and energizing process,   spirit (shen) becoming more apparent

thanks Sifu  Dunn

• Like 3

Coming to share my thoughts again, I am so excited about getting back into the practice, after much introspection.

I have re-read about half of the thread carefully, to try and get to grips with understanding everything I can about the system.

It is amazing that I had read everything before, but now reading it again seems like a totally new experience.

As a side note, a lot of the pages have gone missing, or is it the format change along the way that allowed for more content per page?

Anyway, I have drawn a very simple yet profound conclusion. It may not be of particular impact to everyone, especially all these amazing people who have cultivated for years, but for me it is profound.

I really don't think that the "spiritual" aspect of FPCK is important at all, after all. This question has been a huge obstacle for me over the years and I notice is is one for many others too. The entire exercise of speculation is pointless. I admit I have had to shed some deep-rooted beliefs about sin and punishment, that were transmitted to me since childhood.

As I see it today, sin/guilt and jealous, punishing gods only have as much power over a human as he lets them. Worrying about following the right entity or not can only be linked to a fear of a backlash from such an equally if not more, vexating entity than the one being speculated about. After all, I do believe we have the infinite source of all life, and between it and us, are a whole lot of more or less powerful entities volunteering as bridges to its power and peace (the source of the sign of the cross - heaven above, man below, and the spirit linking the two in between). 

The only thing we humans should worry about, is health. The more clear and refined our energy, the more connection we feel, the less bad we do. Everything flows from health. If we each look after our energy bodies and try to make it as wholesome as can be, we have fulfilled our duty towards ourselves and our entire environment. Passing that health onto others is the next step in being in harmony with the divine. I think it really is that simple.

All my life I have wanted nothing else but to be a good vessel. Since childhood, I have been working on my character, wanting to reach new plateaus in my quest towards goodness (which is in fact, merely health). I have spent almost half a decade working out of my system the amazing amount of anger I had carried around for some many years, bottled up since childhood, and who knows how long before this incarnation. I would be so ungrateful to not accept this wonderful opportunity to reach for a new level of clarity. It is a gift beyond any I could receive and I will not take it for granted.

I am so lucky to have realised early on in life that I am the only one responsible for my reactions (I was about 20 years old at the time). Over the years I tried and failed so many times to try and work within the domain of healing and now I realise it did not happen because I was merely a "wounded healer". Now the answer is in front of me, I need to master my health, then I will be ready to give, and to put to action this overwhelming love I have always had for all forms of life.

Thank you to GM Doo Wai, to Sifu Terry and to the original teacher of the system, but thank you mostly to the Bodhisattva for putting my aspirations within such close reach. 

Edit: not half a decade, half a century,!!!

Edited by Astral_butterfly
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Interesting, what bohisattva do you mean? I agree we are responsible to our reactions in some cases however i do think that in some cases such as trauma based mind control you are not responsible for your actions... feeling guilty for something you have been programmed to do imo keeps you programmed but realising it is not your fault and releasing it allows you to heal.

As you probably know i mentioned that i think entities have manipulated me into self destructive addictions how ever i am now on the longest streak without these addictions and the only difference i made this time is to completely let go of responsibility and realising it is not my fault as i would not be in this situation had they not manipulated me into it.

Demons archons whatever you want to call them corrupt and pevert people then need them to feel responsible for it... probably how they get dominion over your soul so you end up in some hell realm when you die.

Of course it does seem paradoxical because in letting go of responsibility and saying no you are actually taking back control and responsibility.

17 hours ago, BluePhoenix133 said:

Interesting, what bohisattva do you mean? I agree we are responsible to our reactions in some cases however i do think that in some cases such as trauma based mind control you are not responsible for your actions... feeling guilty for something you have been programmed to do imo keeps you programmed but realising it is not your fault and releasing it allows you to heal.

As you probably know i mentioned that i think entities have manipulated me into self destructive addictions how ever i am now on the longest streak without these addictions and the only difference i made this time is to completely let go of responsibility and realising it is not my fault as i would not be in this situation had they not manipulated me into it.

Demons archons whatever you want to call them corrupt and pevert people then need them to feel responsible for it... probably how they get dominion over your soul so you end up in some hell realm when you die.

Of course it does seem paradoxical because in letting go of responsibility and saying no you are actually taking back control and responsibility.

Interesting outlook. Thanks for sharing. I am glad your managing to change your habits for the better. Not an easy thing. Keep up the good work 😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hi there FPCK friends.

Can anyone remind me of the two seated exercises that are supposed to be good for hair? I think it is one from CD 2 and one from CD 7 but can’t remember which ones.

currently feeling a bit high from just a very small amount of fpck, such powerful stuff.

Someone will surely supply that answer because it would be quite a task to have to read thru 195 pages to find that information. One definitely is from Volume 7. 

• Like 1

Staff Notice

Staff has reached an agreement with Sifu Terry/zen-bear and Earl Grey that Earl Grey will be made a co-Moderator of this PPD to relieve some of the burden of keeping it on track from Sifu Terry.  Sifu Terry expressed complete confidence in the ability of Earl Grey to be co-Moderator.  He now has all of the editing ability for this PPD and he should also be treated with the respect due in regard to his running of this PPD as Sifu Terry/zen-bear's appointed representative.  From what I understand Sifu Terry will continue to check in and personally answering questions as time allows.

Zhongyongdaoist, Concierge

• Like 7

On 8-2-2019 at 8:14 PM, jeffrito said:

Hi there FPCK friends.

Can anyone remind me of the two seated exercises that are supposed to be good for hair? I think it is one from CD 2 and one from CD 7 but can’t remember which ones.

currently feeling a bit high from just a very small amount of fpck, such powerful stuff.

I've got in my notes:

DVD 7

MSW 2: 80-70-50-30

MSW 3: 70-50-20-10

Then we have

The sleeper on DVD 2, MSW 2: 50-40-30-10

and the Big sleeper on DVD 7, MSW 1: 50-20-10

Edited by Frederic
  • Like 3

On 10/02/2019 at 3:52 PM, Frederic said:

Many thanks indeed. 

So just the one exercise on DVD 2 then.

I really need to get to some of those advanced exercises on disc 7. Had the DVD for years but tend to stick to the exercises from discs 1 and 2 out of habit.

Can you remember which one is the waker-upper? I think it's on DVD 2?

--------

On 10/02/2019 at 3:52 PM, Frederic said:

I've got in my notes:

DVD 7

MSW 2: 80-70-50-30

MSW 3: 70-50-20-10

Then we have

The sleeper on DVD 2, MSW 2: 50-40-30-10

and the Big sleeper on DVD 7, MSW 1: 50-20-10

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, jeffrito said:

Many thanks indeed. 

So just the one exercise on DVD 2 then.

I really need to get to some of those advanced exercises on disc 7. Had the DVD for years but tend to stick to the exercises from discs 1 and 2 out of habit.

Can you remember which one is the waker-upper? I think it's on DVD 2?

--------

The "waker-upper" or more appropriately, the "sleep preventer" is on DVD 2, the 90 80 50 20 meditation at the tail end of the DVD. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

The "waker-upper" or more appropriately, the "sleep preventer" is on DVD 2, the 90 80 50 20 meditation at the tail end of the DVD. 

Many thanks.

Really enjoying FPCK after a hiatus of a couple of years. Even just doing the first three seated MSW warm up - so powerful. I end up carrying the energy all day

• Like 2

On 07/02/2019 at 1:04 PM, BluePhoenix133 said:

Hi friend

Sorry I am taking so long, I prepared a pm for you and will send it to you soon.

I am impressed with your efforts and I am glad you are still among us, because I know you have suffered a lot.

Actually many people here on the thread have said "Goddess", I am only relaying second-hand information so I am not sure of her identity. I will come back with an explanation regarding my take on responsibility.

Take care and speak soon.

I want to share my joy at finally being at peace with FPCK.
There is actually no intermediary in this practice, and that is fantastic. 

We take personal responsibility for a direct access to a source of energy for healing.

This is what I was looking for when I studied Reiki some twenty or so years ago. 
I was frustrated with Reiki because I wanted to see the ailment and the healing energy, and I know FPCK will eventually allow me this.
With Reiki I was just winging it. Here I will know as opposed to just acting out what I was taught, if I apply myself well and stay on track for as long as it takes.

I have come home.

I have practised a minimum of 40 minutes a day since about a week and the results are phenomenal.
My gratitude is more than it ever was.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 19/09/2014 at 8:17 AM, zen-bear said:

The basic, common-sense rule of thumb is: Do NOT practice FP Qigong or any meditative art in any place that feels unnatural, unwholesome, or uncomfortable in any way at any level. If you are attuned to perceiving and communicating with spiritual entities, you naturally do not want to be practicing FP Qigong or any meditation in a place that is haunted--where angry or malevolent spirits who make their presence known to you by physical means. (I happen to have had a kung fu classmate in the early 90's who meditated in his backyard in central L.A., which GM Doo Wai was a very bad idea because it was a very "haunted" place.)

Hi Sifu Terry

I have a spirit living in my place. He does not do evil, he just lives with us, ever since we arrived in end 2012. He occasionally speaks to us and sometimes he acts playful. Is it bad for me to do FPCK at home? Should I only do it at work- unfortunately at work I can only do it in a room full of electronic equipment which stay idle but is switched on.

I think the guy at home likes to be near me when I do FPCK, because he comes into the same room where I am practicing.

I don't know how close he comes, but aside from the blue light that she sees clearly, my daughter saw a black shadow around me when I was practicing (I see him as a floating shadow-type figure, but at that moment my eyes are closed). She never sees a black shadow around me at other times - she is able to see this anytime while wide awake and she only saw it during my practice. I was wondering if he was trying to benefit from the chi kung.

It would make sense if you said not to do it at home, because I have a lot of difficulty doing it there, it just seems to be more awkward generally, either I get interrupted by my child, or I get distracted by sounds like someone being there, or whatever the obstacle may be on any given day. It may look like coincidence, but it may be because I should not? I mostly do it at work, but this is not possible on the week-end, and I don't want to go without doing it for two days. 

Thank you for any clarity, also from any other practioner if they feel qualified to answer.

A_B

• Like 2