Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

I want to state there is no similarity between Oneness Deeksha and any form of chi kung. The proclaimed Avatar of the Oneness Deeksha has made it clear that this is a unique energy that has never before been brought to this planet. The Oneness Deeksha works by literally and physically rewiring the brain so that the mental chatter of the thinking mind, also called Ego, produced by the parietal lobes of the brain are quieted, while the higher consciousness is expanded by stimulating the forebrain. The result is that if a person attends the 3 week processing course at Oneness University, they leave having reached some degree of an initial Awakened state of consciousness. Once Awakened, it is permanent. And that means situations no longer stick with you for long periods of time, and you respond in the here and now thru clear perceptions instead of thru ages old social conditioning from the unconscious mind making all kinds of associations due to prior experiences from this lifetime and previous ones. As a TM meditator daily for 43 years, it was a real eye opener when I heard the Avatar state that repeating a mantra is not going to get you enlightened. He may have a point there since no one that I know of or have heard about has ever mentioned anyone in the TM movement who is said to have even reached the first stage of enlightenment which we refer to as Cosmic Consciousness. I was in that higher state for one day while on an experimental TM course but it was not permanent. If it is not permanent, then it is not Enlightenment. So I just put this out there to pass along the claim that Oneness is a unique energy. I have seen people come to our Oneness Deeksha sessions and come away thinking it was just like Reiki. This is why on the path we need teachers because intellectual understanding is needed to understand our experiences along the way in order to avoid being confused.

http://deekshadanger.weebly.com/

With all respect. Most hindu traditions are degenerated. 

I don't think it's the best place to get into a discussion about oneness. I've never been attracted to that path, but for the record those few people I know who practice it have been spiritually mature and kind people.

Back to Flying Phoenix, I've started a near enough daily practice of moonbeam, the long form and the 60 70 40 5 meditation from vol 7 - which tao stillness was kind enough to recommend.

I don't feel much after my sessions, in terms of health or peace. But during my sessions I feel a great amount of bliss and feel that the chi is soaking into my cells. It feels that once my cells are fully saturated with the FP energy, the energy will spill over and create more noticeable quality of life improvements.

What a great system! I'm so glad to have picked it up again.

• Like 1

"I don't feel much after my sessions, in terms of health or peace"

because they do not go after session but much later unless you know how to inject directly energy of FP

It looks like I'm not the only one who's decided 2017 is the year to get back into, and get serious about, Flying Phoenix.

I sometimes feel a lot of regret for the last 3 years during which I've been unable to practice regularly due to problems with poor health, blockages and concomitant emotional release, but I've slowly worked, inside and out, to sort myself out and get back to a place where I can pursue the practices I want to with the dedication I want to, and I'm feeling good about things this time.

I just wrapped up a session with the Basic Seated Meditation #1, followed by an experiment with Monk Holding Pearl seated instead of standing, and I'm feeling quite brilliant. Things got a bit bumpy during the breathing sequences, especially the first one - I think the anxiety is as much anticipatory as it is a result of emotional release, especially since FP seems to have something of a dissolving effect on the stagnant emotions released from practice which I haven't found in other Qigong systems.

But I found it easy to ride out with the mindfulness training I've been working on integrating the last 6 months or so, and by the time I got stuck into Monk Holding Pearl I was feeling more deeply relaxed than I have in a long time.

So onward and upward... :)

On a side note, the seated version of Monk Holding Pearl works quite well, although the energy seemed to build up more in the torso and then start circulating more fully around the body only after ending the meditation and moving around a bit, compared to what I remember from when I first started practicing FP, where it seemed to circulate outwards from the LDT more immediately and create that "bubbling" sensation. But it could just be that I'm getting back into the practice after a long break. I'm also getting a rather interesting (and pleasant) "swirling" sensation in the Lower Dantien which I've never experienced before.

I'd be interested in other people's thoughts on MHPearl Seated v. Standing.

Hello Aeran,

I'm glad to hear that you're getting good support from you FP Qigong practice for your emotional release work and mindfulness training.  FP Qigong is extremely benign an accommodating to all forms of self-regulated healing.

No regrets for not being able to stick to FP Practice due to emotional hardships and blockages of our will and life's momentum. There are many obstacles on the path of the warrior and of the man of knowledge.  So long as you persevere with an authentic practice like FP Qigong, you will life a healthier , longer and more elegant rest of your life regardless of what you think of FP Qigong (as I stated in similar words above).  Just Do It.

Happy New Year.

Sifu Terry Dunn

• Like 1

Circumstances once again led me to doing Flying Phoenix Meditation 60-70-40-5 around 2a.m. last night.

Being that late I was not expecting to be feeling much from it but I wanted to stick to my daily chi kung routine regardless. I did the movements at slower than slow pace and was surprisingly rewarded with that much appreciated sensation of hands moving thru thick clouds of energy which offers subtle resistance sensation. When this is felt strongly, as it was last night, I always come away thinking how unique this Flying Phoenix Chi Kung really is when you can actually sense an energy field. A lot of chi kung forms have you visualize that you are tracing energy. No need to use such make believe tactics with Flying Phoenix.

I think Riding the Ox offers a valuable tip for learning some of the more complex Flying Phoenix movements such as volume 4, the Long Form. Play the disc or you tube version at a slower speed to be able to pick up the nuances until your brain/body has memorized the form. I often also have to put the computer monitor facing a mirror so I do not have to get confused figuring out left and right. Some qigong and tai chi teachers have recently been making their dvds with mirrored teaching. Meaning that when they say go left, in reality they are going right so it matches your left, and vice versa. I learn best that way. No thinking needed, just follow along.

Hello Still-As-Tao Steve,

I'm glad to hear that you have done enough FP Qigong to consistently feel its tangible energy in your hands (as when you assume Monk Gazing At Moon-type of arm-and-chest shapes as in 60 70 40 5 seated Med.)  and other parts of the body.

Yes, as I've said from the very beginning of this thread and will repeat many times, every year. to remind everyone:  FP Qigong is authentic Taoist monastic Qigong that requires absolutely NO VISUALIZATION OF ANY SORT for it to impart its full range of energizing, rejuvenating and healing effects.

The Tao Tan Pai Nei Kung, which I also preserve and teach, is just as powerful as FP Qigong and also has the same quality of "NO VISUALIZATION NEEDED."  It was created during the Tang Dynasty (8th Century) and is attributed to its patron saint, Lu Deng Bin, leader of 8 Taoist Immortals.  The only slight caveat is that with some--but not all-- Tao Tan Pai Yogas, visualization of the microcosmic orbit (as per "Secret of the Golden Flower") and mentally "tracing" the "Circulation of the Light" does catalyze and facilitate yogic development.  But one can learn and practice Tao Tan Pai with no visualizations whatsoever and still get its excellent health benefits, and profound sensory and consciousness expanding effects.

Related to Ridingtheox's suggestion for learning from the DVDs at slower speed:  I will producing a lot more demonstration videos for reference later this year (along with new DVDs) that will include super-slow, almost ideally paced performance of FP Meditations--i.e., demonstrations that approach the speed of "a shifting sand dune."  Ha Ha. For real.

Happy New Year, Steve.

Sifu Terry

P.S. be sure to check out my newly renovated website:   www.taichimania.com

• Like 3

Question for Sifu Terry: why does going as slow as a shifting sand dune produce the sensation of chi during some Flying Phoenix meditation? I have not seen any other chi kung method which has you move that slowly. I find that when doing 60-70-40-5 if I do not go slower than slow, then I do not have that sensation of thick chi when my hands are in the Monk Gazing as Moon position. The slower I go while moving my hands and arms into that position, the stronger the chi is felt. My left brain wants to know the mechanics behind this process. The secret behind the secret.

And from Transcendental Meditation I have experienced that being as still as Tao is the only way to enter Samadhi. The slower we do some of the Flying Phoenix movements, the more stillness we are creating somewhere. And with stillness comes the movement of chi. I am just thinking out loud here.

• Like 2

Also I have question. I was thinking to developing a robot-skeleton for some qigong styles that actually moves body for you, some-like suit or thing you wear and it moves you the way to practice for 24/48 hours sessions. What do you think about this Sifu Terry? 

Image that you have automatic moving vehicle which you locks around your joints and sets you up in all practices when you can just relax. I think that the future when we can actually use technology to develop our gong fu. 

Hi SoH,

No, that would not work at all.  A robotic exo-skeleton that moves one's body parts to do the physical moments of Qigong is, by definition, not Qigong.

The art of Qigong is based on: 

"The Mind moves the Qi;  the Qi moves the body."

A robotic exo-skeleton would defeat or nullify the very basic process of any Qigong system.  You would never start nor get to the point of achieving  "the mind moving the Qi and the Qi moving the body" if something mechanical and external to the body is moving the body for you.

Qigong means "energy work."  Not "mechanically-assisted body work".

Best,

Sifu Terry Dunn

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 4

Hello Aeran,

I'm glad to hear that you're getting good support from you FP Qigong practice for your emotional release work and mindfulness training.  FP Qigong is extremely benign an accommodating to all forms of self-regulated healing.

No regrets for not being able to stick to FP Practice due to emotional hardships and blockages of our will and life's momentum. There are many obstacles on the path of the warrior and of the man of knowledge.  So long as you persevere with an authentic practice like FP Qigong, you will life a healthier , longer and more elegant rest of your life regardless of what you think of FP Qigong (as I stated in similar words above).  Just Do It.

Happy New Year.

Sifu Terry Dunn

Sifu Terry, thank you for the words of encouragement.

You're right of course, regret is useless. And 3 years isn't much in the grand scheme of things, especially if the work done in that time enables a solid foundation for bigger and better things. If nothing else, I've certainly learned a lot about myself and the world in the process of trying to set things to right. I guess there's no such thing as easy or pain-free self growth. 

Slow motion is better than no motion, and the way out is definitely through...

Of the different qigong systems I've tried, FP really does feel like it's been the most effective, since the Qi it cultivates seems to seek out and balance emotional & physical tension through it's own volition. A lot of other systems seem to either "agitate" the blockages without working to open and cleanse them, or to set stagnant energy flowing through the body without venting it. The FP Qi seems to actually neutralise the stagnation to some extent right as it surfaces, and what's left over is much more easily processed. 

Ditto on the happy new year - new website looks brilliant!

Now for some MSW...

62f55ad279.png

(and I'd like to make a shoutout to TaoStillness, who put me in touch with Eric Isen - the contribution Eric's treatments have made to my improving health has been immense!)

Edited by Aeran
  • Like 2

Glad to hear about your success and progress Aeran!

Some people get quick results from Eric, while for others it is a slow process. Just like how different qigong methods work for different people. And so the only thing that we can do is just what you posted: Just do it! And the IT turns out to be different strokes for different folks.

day  81  3^4th power  108 is starting to feel  like a real  goal !   I am away from home so not teaching TCC for a week. A friend suggested I try the tai ji qi gong 18  so I have begun including it on a trial basis.   So far  it  gives a warm pulsing feeling of qi ... if i do it slowly.   I continue to practice some zhan zhuang and ba duan jin  (Li YuanFei) also done at half speed sometimes.

Also am having fun doing mirror image along with youtube versions of long form,  followed by the long form itself  very slowly.   I have not gone over the half hour mark,  but brushing up against it several times lately. 

Has anyone done the Mingtong Gu  100  day gong?

https://www.you.tube.com/watch?v=Oj0ewBvr6zM

)note i put a period in you.tube so this would not open here)

Practice mindfully    it will pay off if my experience is evidence.

Peace

Sifu Terry, thank you for the words of encouragement.

You're right of course, regret is useless. And 3 years isn't much in the grand scheme of things, especially if the work done in that time enables a solid foundation for bigger and better things. If nothing else, I've certainly learned a lot about myself and the world in the process of trying to set things to right. I guess there's no such thing as easy or pain-free self growth. 

Slow motion is better than no motion, and the way out is definitely through...

Of the different qigong systems I've tried, FP really does feel like it's been the most effective, since the Qi it cultivates seems to seek out and balance emotional & physical tension through it's own volition. A lot of other systems seem to either "agitate" the blockages without working to open and cleanse them, or to set stagnant energy flowing through the body without venting it. The FP Qi seems to actually neutralise the stagnation to some extent right as it surfaces, and what's left over is much more easily processed. 

Ditto on the happy new year - new website looks brilliant!

Now for some MSW...

62f55ad279.png

(and I'd like to make a shoutout to TaoStillness, who put me in touch with Eric Isen - the contribution Eric's treatments have made to my improving health has been immense!)

Aeran,

Nice Poster and Affirmation!

You are most welcome.  One needn't be too hard on oneself if life priorities like paying for overhead or fulfilling familial obligations prevent one from committing to practice.  "No regrets".

One will have cause for regret only for giving up.  Or if one misses a critical window of opportunity that opens but once.  Flying Phoenix Qigong, however, is not such a narrow vehicle.  But a very broad and accommodating one. By your accurate description below of the Flying Phoenix Healing Energy, you've demonstrated that you are an initiate of FP Qigong. 

Yes, the energy cultivated by FP Qigong practice does seem to have a volition of its own, as I've described its "spontaneously jumping-off-to-heal" qualities in past postings.  Plus the healing mechanism of this energy is transformative without having to "manipulate" the "stagnant energy."  The FP Healing Energy both neutralizes and eradicates the residual "stagnant energy"--by gently un-knotting and dissolving the time-bound Pain manifested as tension in the body.  And in its place is not a vacuum, but the Flying Phoenix healing Qi in abundance.

I'm glad to hear that you've gotten beneficial guidance by Eric Isen referred to you by Tao Stillness.  He is an authentic and excellent medical clairvoyant who has helped not only individuals that have been introduced to him through this thread, but who has very clearly explained to me and others the yogic benefits of numerous Flying Phoenix Qigong exercises and the FP Qigong as a system.  I was instantly impressed with Eric's prowess as a medical clairvoyant when Steve (Tao Stillness) shared with me and then  the thread Eric's very precise readings of the medical and yogic effects opf each of the Flying Phoenix Meditations Exercises.  Not only did each of Eric's remote readings jibe perfectly with my 20+ years of experience  with FP Meditations (at the time), but in the case of several meditations, Eric clearly spelled out the specific benefits (and their location and mechanism) that I had experienced but had not yet put into words--i.e., semanticized (formed language symbols for)!  And during the course of my back-channel communications with Tao Stillness and Eric, I came to directly experience Eric's Deeksha energy not through any particular ritual, or healing procedure, but only by reading his words in an email that Steve had forwarded to me.  AND I HAVE JUST NOW HERE AGAIN AT THIS HOUR, 12:26AM PST, AS I AM REREADING WHAT I WHAT I HAD WRITTEN EARLIER TO YOU, I AM EXPERIENCING THE ONENESS MEDITATION MOVEMENT'S DEEKSAH ENERGY IN ITS FULL, UPLIFTING, HEALING BLISS--SIMILAR TO THE BRAIN ACTIVATION OF FP QIGONG, BUT ACTIVATING DIFFERENT BRAIN CENTERS.  (BTW, I DID NOT EXPERIENCE THE DEEKSHA EARLIER WHEN I WROTE THE FIRST VERSION OF THIS POST.) 

At any rate, if you continue to practice FP Qigong and your other self-healing practices/prescriptions, and monitor all with Eric's occasional "supervision", you will manage your health splendidly.

Best Regards,

Sifu Terry Dunn

www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 2

ran into a real blockage ... serious head cold but managed to keep my 108 day  going  by 'main force' 

head colds have always been a problem when i get them ...  grandkids are carriers  LOL

• Like 1

Aeran,

Nice Poster and Affirmation!

You are most welcome.  One needn't be too hard on oneself if life priorities like paying for overhead or fulfilling familial obligations prevent one from committing to practice.  "No regrets".

One will have cause for regret only for giving up.  Or if one misses a critical window of opportunity that opens but once.  Flying Phoenix Qigong, however, is not such a narrow vehicle.  But a very broad and accommodating one. By your accurate description below of the Flying Phoenix Healing Energy, you've demonstrated that you are an initiate of FP Qigong. 

Yes, the energy cultivated by FP Qigong practice does seem to have a volition of its own, as I've described its "spontaneously jumping-off-to-heal" qualities in past postings.  Plus the healing mechanism of this energy is transformative without having to "manipulate" the "stagnant energy."  The FP Healing Energy both neutralizes and eradicates the residual "stagnant energy"--by gently un-knotting and dissolving the time-bound Pain manifested as tension in the body.  And in its place is not a vacuum, but the Flying Phoenix healing Qi in abundance.

Thanks! Along this line, another interesting property of the FP system I've noticed is that it seems really easy to pick up right where I left off.

Even though it's been almost 3 years since I practised FP consistently (putting aside a few times where I would resume my practice for a few days only to start having problems and leave off again), from the first time I sat down and started practising earlier this month, I found I could feel the FP energy in an overt, tangible way. By comparison when I first came across the system in 2013 it took me a month or two to develop a distinct sense of the FP Qi and how it was moving in my body.

I don't know enough to try and fully articulate it at this stage, and it could just be that I've become better at picking these things up over time, but it definitely feels as if the energy made a long term change at some deeper level within the body, so I'm grateful for that.

I'm glad to hear that you've gotten beneficial guidance by Eric Isen referred to you by Tao Stillness.  He is an authentic and excellent medical clairvoyant who has helped not only individuals that have been introduced to him through this thread, but who has very clearly explained to me and others the yogic benefits of numerous Flying Phoenix Qigong exercises and the FP Qigong as a system.  I was instantly impressed with Eric's prowess as a medical clairvoyant when Steve (Tao Stillness) shared with me and then  the thread Eric's very precise readings of the medical and yogic effects opf each of the Flying Phoenix Meditations Exercises.  Not only did each of Eric's remote readings jibe perfectly with my 20+ years of experience  with FP Meditations (at the time), but in the case of several meditations, Eric clearly spelled out the specific benefits (and their location and mechanism) that I had experienced but had not yet put into words--i.e., semanticized (formed language symbols for)!  And during the course of my back-channel communications with Tao Stillness and Eric, I came to directly experience Eric's Deeksha energy not through any particular ritual, or healing procedure, but only by reading his words in an email that Steve had forwarded to me.  AND I HAVE JUST NOW HERE AGAIN AT THIS HOUR, 12:26AM PST, AS I AM REREADING WHAT I WHAT I HAD WRITTEN EARLIER TO YOU, I AM EXPERIENCING THE ONENESS MEDITATION MOVEMENT'S DEEKSAH ENERGY IN ITS FULL, UPLIFTING, HEALING BLISS--SIMILAR TO THE BRAIN ACTIVATION OF FP QIGONG, BUT ACTIVATING DIFFERENT BRAIN CENTERS.  (BTW, I DID NOT EXPERIENCE THE DEEKSHA EARLIER WHEN I WROTE THE FIRST VERSION OF THIS POST.) 

At any rate, if you continue to practice FP Qigong and your other self-healing practices/prescriptions, and monitor all with Eric's occasional "supervision", you will manage your health splendidly.

Best Regards,

Sifu Terry Dunn

Wow, that's awesome. It's amazing that you were able to pick up on the Oneness energy like that just from an email (twice!) although perhaps also a testament to the power of both systems. 

The Oneness energy is the only thing I've felt which is comparable to the FP Qi - although as you said it seems to act on the mind and body in a somewhat different manner.

I might be completely off, but the biggest difference that I can seem to articulate is that the Oneness energy feels as if it starts at a more mental/spiritual level and works downwards, whereas the FP Qi seems to work across the mental/energetic/physical spectrum more concurrently, with the emphasis feeling like it varies depending on the meditation.

eg. Monk Gazing at Moon feels like it has a very strong mental/spiritual effect, while something like the first seated exercise, 5 - 60 - 80 - 40 - 30, feels like it's more focused on the denser/physical level of being.

I could be wrong though - and of course my experience with the Oneness energy is limited to Eric's healing Deekshas and a "Sacred Chamber" experiences (which I highly recommend, if anybody has the opportunity).

Anyway I don't want to drag the thread off topic, but I had Eric do a very basic analysis of the FP meditations on the first two DVD's as a whole last year as part of a wider analysis of several different systems as they relate to my health specifically. Lately I've been thinking about asking him to do a more in-depth, one-by-one analysis of the meditations and their specific effects so I can further optimise my practice. If I do (and if you and Eric are ok with it) I'll post the results here.

• Like 2

Hi, been a while since i was on this thread i see i have allot to read up on.

Has anyone got any adive on improving flexibility for lotus postion, mine i so much better than when i started but still meditation 2 and especially 3 of dvd 7 gives me a dead left leg and sometimes pain at the top of my right.

Frustrating because the energy feels so good by the time i have done so many repetitions, i must be making weird facial expressions due to the mix of pleasure and pain.

Question for Sifu Terry: why does going as slow as a shifting sand dune produce the sensation of chi during some Flying Phoenix meditation? I have not seen any other chi kung method which has you move that slowly. I find that when doing 60-70-40-5 if I do not go slower than slow, then I do not have that sensation of thick chi when my hands are in the Monk Gazing as Moon position. The slower I go while moving my hands and arms into that position, the stronger the chi is felt. My left brain wants to know the mechanics behind this process. The secret behind the secret.

And from Transcendental Meditation I have experienced that being as still as Tao is the only way to enter Samadhi. The slower we do some of the Flying Phoenix movements, the more stillness we are creating somewhere. And with stillness comes the movement of chi. I am just thinking out loud here.

Hi Steve,

Sorry I missed your post last week. I just saw it now.

You raise a very interesting question.  Not that I've explored and observed that many different Qigong arts, but I too have not come across a Qigong system that works the way Flying Phoenix Qigong does with super-slow movement approaching the "speed of a shifting sand dune."  In fact, the more I think of it, how the super-slow movement combined with the system's esoteric breath control formulas to generate the FP Healing Energy is a true mystery of yoga.  The art was clearly born out of intuitive genius or, as the legend and oral tradition goes, it was a gift to the mortal Feng Tao Teh by the female deity at Ehrmeishan. 

That's why the mechanism by which FP Qigong works is so worthy of hard scientific research and study.  I hope that during my lifetime that FP practitioners will be given some hard science that definitively explains how the tangible and lasting and cumulative energizing and rejuvenating effects are brought on by the combination of (A)  breath control formulas and  (B)  the FP postures and movements.

Even if western science is able to explain this mysterious mechanism,  the fact that it works [period] will, I believe, continue to cause future generations of initiates of FP Qigong practice to exclaim, "I can't believe a that a human created this."

Sifu  Terry

• Like 1

Thanks! Along this line, another interesting property of the FP system I've noticed is that it seems really easy to pick up right where I left off.

Even though it's been almost 3 years since I practised FP consistently (putting aside a few times where I would resume my practice for a few days only to start having problems and leave off again), from the first time I sat down and started practising earlier this month, I found I could feel the FP energy in an overt, tangible way. By comparison when I first came across the system in 2013 it took me a month or two to develop a distinct sense of the FP Qi and how it was moving in my body.

I don't know enough to try and fully articulate it at this stage, and it could just be that I've become better at picking these things up over time, but it definitely feels as if the energy made a long term change at some deeper level within the body, so I'm grateful for that.

Wow, that's awesome. It's amazing that you were able to pick up on the Oneness energy like that just from an email (twice!) although perhaps also a testament to the power of both systems. 

The Oneness energy is the only thing I've felt which is comparable to the FP Qi - although as you said it seems to act on the mind and body in a somewhat different manner.

I might be completely off, but the biggest difference that I can seem to articulate is that the Oneness energy feels as if it starts at a more mental/spiritual level and works downwards, whereas the FP Qi seems to work across the mental/energetic/physical spectrum more concurrently, with the emphasis feeling like it varies depending on the meditation.

eg. Monk Gazing at Moon feels like it has a very strong mental/spiritual effect, while something like the first seated exercise, 5 - 60 - 80 - 40 - 30, feels like it's more focused on the denser/physical level of being.

I could be wrong though - and of course my experience with the Oneness energy is limited to Eric's healing Deekshas and a "Sacred Chamber" experiences (which I highly recommend, if anybody has the opportunity).

Anyway I don't want to drag the thread off topic, but I had Eric do a very basic analysis of the FP meditations on the first two DVD's as a whole last year as part of a wider analysis of several different systems as they relate to my health specifically. Lately I've been thinking about asking him to do a more in-depth, one-by-one analysis of the meditations and their specific effects so I can further optimise my practice. If I do (and if you and Eric are ok with it) I'll post the results here.

Hello Aeran,

What you've described above is commonly experienced by practitioners who stop after getting an initial hit or infusion of the FP Healing Energy, take a long hiatus and then come back to FP Practice.   The body is familiar with the FP Healing Energy and takes to the Meditations more readily.  It's not like starting all over again.  This further evidence that FP Qigong is transformative and that its health benefits, as I've said many, many times, are cumulative and lasting--as long as the initial practice is done correctly.

The way you've described and discerned the differences between the Oneness Mediation's Deeksha energy and the Flying Phoenix Healing Energy is very astute, quite accurate, and demonstrates that your FP Qigong practice has had good effect.  The Oneness Meditation deeksha energy is channeled through a powerful spiritual channel established by the Hindu monks of the Oneness Temple in Varadaiahpalem, Andhra Pradesh, India and at Sri Bhagavan's ashram long before the temple was built in 2008.  I believe--and I may be wrong here (Hope that Tao Stillness can perhaps fill us in)--that Oneness Movement  is descended from or is part of the Bakti Movement in Indian spiritual  history that took hold in the 6th to 9th centuries.  Established by the alvars, also spelt as alwars or azhwars ( ‘those immersed in god’) were Tamil poet-saints of South India who espoused Bhakti (devotion) to the Hindu Supreme god Vishnu or his avatar Krishna in their songs of longing, ecstasy and service.  Their key practice is meditative exercises with devotion (bhakti). 

The Oneness Deeksha energy is conferred by higher yogins in that tradition and imbued through meditation upon the less advanced.  From what little I know of Oneness (through Tao Stillness, reading online, and Youtube), and what I can infer from what I've seen,  the Oneness practice of still meditation focuses the mind on Oneness, Universal Love, which is found in many Bhakti traditions.  I've not spoken to any advanced practitioners of Oneness like Eric Isen (--we've only emailed), so I've never asked if their meditations are devoted to a particular spiritual entity.

In contrast, the FP Qigong Healing Energy is self-cultivated by conditioning the body to perfect integration with the mind to attain health and longevity benefits and then healing Power--and that healing power is vastly enhanced by the tapping into the supramundane trunk of FP Healing Energy. 

FP practice gradually activates brain centers to an extent somewhat similar to what is achieved via Oneness meditation.   But this state of brain activation and FP Energy activation cannot be conferred or transmitted from teacher to student.  While a teacher can increase one’s capacity to conduct the FP Healing Energy, he of course cannot do the cultivation for the practitioner.  The FP Healing Energy must be self-cultivated to a certain high level before it automatically channels one into the macrocosmic, supramundane “trunk” of FP Energy.  And it is indeed a macrocosmic and supramundane (spiritual) channel because there is NO cohesive community of FP Qigong practitioners located in any one particular place at present--except when I practice with a couple of my most advanced students here in L.A. but that is not on any regular basis.  This art was long removed from and is not practiced at Ehrmeishan, as far as I know and according to GM Doo Wai. 

So whenever you connect with the "trunk" of FP Healing Energy and its consciousness, you know that you have passed a major yogic and spiritual milestone.

Once FP Energy cultivation has taken hold, the practitioner will also spontaneously tap in or commune energetically with the microcosmic FP Energy body of a neighboring practitioner.  A common occurence in all my FP classes over the years is that students feel each other’s distinctive FP Energy (not just general energy), and all feel that the group's collective FP energy is synergistic, or greater than the component energies of the individuals.

Also in contrast to Oneness Meditation, which I believe utilizes sedentary meditative exercises, the pinnacle of FP Qigong is reached through perfection of the Long Form moving meditation taught in Volume 4,  “Flying Phoenix Heavenly Healing Chi Meditation.”  That is the key vehicle.

SO LET ME REITERATE THIS REMINDER FOR ALL:  Because FP Qigong's CAPSTONE exercise is the moving meditation on Volume 4, you can consider Flying Phoenix Celestial Healing Chi Meditations to be a system of moving meditation.   So get to practice and get through the basic sedentary meditations on Volume 1,  and get into the moving meditations of Volumes 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6.

• And contact me for remedial in person or online Skype tutorials in the moving FP Meditations.  A short lesson will transform your practice in ways you cannot imagine.  For this New Year, I am hoping to see greater numbers of proficient practitioners of "Moonbeam" and the Long Form Moving Med.

**** How's the above for a strong and lengthy interjection? ****

No, that difference that you experience is a function of your neuro-muscular and energetic (yogic) development.  The FP Healing Energy should feel the same across  all the Basic Level FP Meditations (Vols. 1 -5 and vol.7).  The seated MSW meditations on Vols. 2 and 7 are felt more pronounced in the hands, arms, upper body and head.  But the feeling of the FP energy on a cellular level is uniformly soothing and sweet--and blissful to many.  (Energy in Seated Med. 5 - 60 - 80 -40 -30 may feel "more dense" to you but this only because the cultivation is localised to the upper body).  Take my word for it that the FP Healing Energy is very light, penetrative,  and blue.  As stated before many times in this thread, the standing FP Meditations are more powerful than the seated ones, but the seated ones may feel more affective in the upper body.  

Sure, Aeran, if you want to share Eric's analyses of each FP Qigong Meditation on the thread, I would welcome it, and I think the FP community would welcome it with open arms and appreciation.  It's your information that you've acquired through your practice and via your relationship with Eric. I have no problem with posting such info whatsoever because it will give this forum plenty to talk about and its infusion might spark other practitioners' memories of their FP experiences.  So I thank you in advance.

••••••••

Bottomline:   You’re on the right track, Aeran.  Just continue your practice and work towards mastering the Long Form Meditation.  Eventually, find other FP Practitioners and practice in a group.  Or teach your friends to do FP Qigong...because practicing FP Qigong in a group is a gas.

Happy New Year

Sifu Terry Dunn

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 3

I would just comment on a few things about distinguishing Oneness from Flying Phoenix since Sifu Terry was not sure how accurate his understanding of Oneness is. Oneness of Sri Bhagavan is not derived from any previous lineage since this is a totally new energy that has never been offered on this planet before. Some of the deepening courses use some Bhakti things like dancing to get the kundalini moving but this Oneness is not part of the Bhakti tradition. It does not require any devotion or even belief. It is mainly a neurophysiological process that occurs spontaneously from energy of a deeksha giver making physical rewiring of another person's brain to support kundalini reaching and then remaining in the brain. That opens the higher functioning centers and quiets the endless chattering of those thoughts which are responsible for the ego, self-image. The result is that you stop reacting to current life situations unconsciously thru past social conditioning and previous experiences. Instead, you perceive life in the here and now. Negative feelings and bad happenings no longer stick with you. We do not meditate as such in Oneness. We have Oneness Meditations where a Oneness Meditator is sending out energy and the receiving person is merely sitting with eyes closed. So there is really nothing to do in that type of meditation. You either feel something or you don't. So by this description you can see many differences between Flying Phoenix and Oneness.

Edited by tao stillness

I also want to comment on Sifu Terry's reminder of the legend of how Flying Phoenix Chi Kung might have been passed on to the famous monk by a deity. I have mentioned this before but it bears repeating.

When I read about that legend some years ago I thought of it as just that, legend since China is full of folklore like that and there is no way to document historical events or legends of that nature. However, as I have related previously, last year after giving my wife her first Oneness Blessing/deeksha, she had inner perceptions of a woman dressed in Chinese ancient dress demonstrating these unique movements as if she wanted my wife to start performing them. At that point my wife had never seen anyone perform chi kung so she did not have a name for these movements that she then demonstrated for me. I could not believe what I was seeing as they were definitely chi kung postures. I could see that some of them were especially working on the liver meridian and later we found out from Eric Isen that my wife has a very toxic liver due to years of taking Western medications. Also later when my wife described perceiving that Chinese woman in her mind's eye to Eric, he told her that it was actually a deity called White Tara and that this experience was so far beyond just something having to do with Tibetan Buddhism. It was then that I decided that the monk on Emei Shan being taught Flying Phoenix by a deity was not a legend, but a historical fact. I have since then met a few chi kung teachers whose methods were channeled. And I recall reading in the Falun Gong book that Master Li claims that chi kung did not originate on this planet at all. To paraphrase, "Horatio, there is more to life than meets the eyes." I think that can also be said of Flying Phoenix Chi Kung.

Edited by tao stillness
  • Like 4

I also want to comment on Sifu Terry's reminder of the legend of how Flying Phoenix Chi Kung might have been passed on to the famous monk by a deity. I have mentioned this before but it bears repeating.

When I read about that legend some years ago I thought of it as just that, legend since China is full of folklore like that and there is no way to document historical events or legends of that nature. However, as I have related previously, last year after giving my wife her first Oneness Blessing/deeksha, she had inner perceptions of a woman dressed in Chinese ancient dress demonstrating these unique movements as if she wanted my wife to start performing them. At that point my wife had never seen anyone perform chi kung so she did not have a name for these movements that she then demonstrated for me. I could not believe what I was seeing as they were definitely chi kung postures. I could see that some of them were especially working on the liver meridian and later we found out from Eric Isen that my wife has a very toxic liver due to years of taking Western medications. Also later when my wife described perceiving that Chinese woman in her mind's eye to Eric, he told her that it was actually a deity called White Tara and that this experience was so far beyond just something having to do with Tibetan Buddhism. It was then that I decided that the monk on Emei Shan being taught Flying Phoenix by a deity was not a legend, but a historical fact. I have since then met a few chi kung teachers whose methods were channeled. And I recall reading in the Falun Gong book that Master Li claims that chi kung did not originate on this planet at all. To paraphrase, "Horatio, there is more to life than meets the eyes." I think that can also be said of Flying Phoenix Chi Kung.

You can communicate with the deity that imparted FP Chi Kung.

I did and got some interesting facts. Like whether we could just channel FP energy like Reiki but the answer was that it had to be cultivated through physical movements - at least that is how I understood it.

• Like 1

Has anyone got any adive on improving flexibility for lotus postion, mine i so much better than when i started but still meditation 2 and especially 3 of dvd 7 gives me a dead left leg and sometimes pain at the top of my right.

Frustrating because the energy feels so good by the time i have done so many repetitions, i must be making weird facial expressions due to the mix of pleasure and pain.

I gave up even trying any form of lotus long ago :-) Sure it looks cool and might give you some extra confidance boost, but.

GMDW sits on a chair while teaching and demonstrating other sitting moving meds on DVDs and for some exercises advises only crossing the legs while sitting, not mentions any lotus pos. I agree the ideal form to be half lotus for Fpck, and Sifu Terry is teaching awesome unwatered pure stuff. But I at least, tried desperately to train for that cool position for long time, and concluded I am wasting my time. All I got was pain which distracted me more than mind chatter on meditations, and pain cut back my practice time. How can you forget your body while in discomfort and pain? I am not that kind of a warrior :-)

For over 5 years I am practicing sitting cross legged leaning to a cushion on my lowerback, and experiencing pretty strong effects.

Maybe, ability to sit in lotus comes after leg channels fully open up I don't know, but I improved a lot with the meds in that position.

You might try the help and techniques of Hata Yogins for lotus sitting, their techniques are good, but it did not work on me. You may be luckier and flexible than me.

Happy practicing

• Like 3

YouTube is full of tips. I like the following one. I try to do a few of those stretches before any type of cross legged sitting. I've noticed less pain in both my sitting and standing practices.

https://youtu.be/bJd9FVv6C_E

• Like 2

The key point is, "how can you forget your body when in pain?"

My teachers have taught that comfort in asana trumps the lotus posture.

The goal of all these spiritual methods is to go beyond the surface level of the mind to reach the stillness at times called Pure Consciousness, Samadhi, Nirvana, etc. When our mind is distracted by discomfort due to the sitting posture, the mind is at the surface level and that is not where the benefits are found. The mind has to transcend the level of thinking to reach finer and finer levels of thought to then reach the source of thought, pure consciousness, the Tao. So comfort in meditation posture is a must. I reached temporary Cosmic Consciousness when instructed in a special advanced TM course and at the time I was not even meditating in my usual cross legged position. Instead, I was just sitting in a chair with my feet on the ground.

• Like 1

I am in fact a Quaker  with Universalist orientation.   I have had many 'centered' Meeting for Worship experiences over 45 years none of those experiences were in 'lotus' position.  I meditate regularly following Thich Nhat Hanh adn Pema Chodron.   I have also had deep  'openings'  in these meditations all were in seated  chairs.   On two occasions I participated in native american sweat lodge which  led to  deep  connection.  

So my experience at 76 is that the spirit is available in many spiritual disciplines and not limited by form.   

• Like 4

yesterday was day 97 ...  I had an especially intense evening practice.   I followed  sifu's youtube played at 0.5 speed  in mirrored form.   Followed by meditating to ' thich nhat hanh's  great bell chant.

Then I did a standard long form 28 minutes in duration.  the last 1/3  i broke into a complete body sweat,  though light in character (years ago i had some extraordinary full body nei gong experience where I was soaking wet).  At the end of the form standing breathing i had major pulsing and shaking for  several  moments  (  about 5 complete breath duration ).

I am now 10 days from completion ....  wish me luck in finishing!!

Peace to all beings

• Like 4