Kali Yuga

Spontaneous Kundalini Experience

rain this Drew dude you speak about -- well he doesn't know how to respond to your question properly! haha

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_...ticle535521.ece

With all due respect Ya Mu it seems as if Drew is already doing his fair share of aid for humanity recycling and refining energy in an unsefishish manner.

Drew, personally I cannot grasp how you stand these vast numbers of internal climaxes, but then again I am not superhuman and such repetition would probably drive me insane. But maybe it all evolves into habitual, nonvoluntary uncoscious reflexes? or is that counter.? wow, confusing it is..

Spectrum..prenatal breath..is it the same as the breath triggered by the autonomous nervous system during spontaneous qigong? the one that opens the acupoints? :)

Santi -- sorry confused you for the other V again. haha. Still apparently the Bushmen haven't learned Mahamudra yet. haha:

Dowman (1984: unpaginated) further maps the instrumentation[4] of "fulfillment meditation" in relation to the Mahamudra kundalini raising of the 'phowa of Great Transference' ("ultimate liberation") through the cranial fontanelle at the 'Bardo of Death' and a subsidiary preparatory sexual yoga:

The system of visualization vital in fulfillment meditation is that of the subtle body. This imaginary subtle body consists of psychic nerves - nadi, their focal points or energy centers - cakras; the energy that runs in the nerves - prana; and the essence of prana, known as "seed-essence" or bindu. A central channel, or nerve, runs from the sexual center to the fontanelle, and the left, rasana, and right, lalana, channels run parallel joining the central channel, the avadhuti, at the gut center. Converging from all parts of the body like physical veins, subsidiary nerves enter the central channel at the five focal points of psychic energy - the sexual, gut, heart, throat and head centers. Visualization of this system allows the yogin to manipulate the energies relating to the various centers for different mundane purposes, but the highest aim is to inject all energy into the central channel and up to the head center where ultimate liberation is achieved. The key to this system relates right and left channels to skillful means (male) and perfect insight (female) respectively, and the central channel to their union - Mahamudra. In an important sexual yoga, with or without a sexual partner, red and white seed-essence, bodhicittas, are mixed in the sexual center to rise up the central channel as kundalini. This is the yoga of uniting pure pleasure and emptiness.[3]

http://shakingmedicine.com/bushmen/declaration.php

read Drew....their practices have nothing do to with YOUNG MAIDEN VAMPIRIC CHI KUNG

Thank you Brother May God/Goddess/Tao Bless you always.

love

Santiago

Perhaps. I just see his potential to be much more than giving every maiden he sees an orgasm. And uh, I don't think it is exactly unselfish. He likes it.

He said so?

rain this Drew dude you speak about -- well he doesn't know how to respond to your question properly! haha

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_...ticle535521.ece

honey if you see Drew tellhim he'll have to loose the socks

Last night I had a weird experience.

As usual I was pondering on how to develop my psychic faculties, particularly regarding auric vision I talked about in my thread before this one.

As I was laying down on my bed going to sleep, drifting towards sleep but still conscious, I had something which was like a thought, but somehow feels now like it came from a different level say something to me. "now the last step in your training requires you to realize, that you yourself as much as all else, is a body of light."

Somehow intuitively I did this... and then it hit me.

Somehow I could feel an energy field, sort of like a light, all around me expanding and making me feel a strange vibration.

The vibration was different from normal sort of sleep paralysis, where I usually feel afraid and the vibrations are much heavier.

I felt a powerful spiraling vibration deep at the base of my spine spinning clockwise. It was so powerful it felt like I was "hanging by my balls" to use a crass expression. :)

Now I have absolutely NO experience with this kundalini phenomenon but from what I heard and read it can be quite dangerous to an unprepared person.. Gopi Krishna's name comes to mind.

I was literally paralyzed and my arms felt like jelly and were almost flapping about.

I told myself that I can't allow this to continue (I was a little bit scared at the moment) but the sensation and paralysis continued but eventually stopped.

Now I don't know much about this thing which is why I'm prompted to ask you fellows what you know and if any, what your experiences with the kundalini are.

Is it really dangerous? Was this a sort of opportunity I missed?

I know nothing about this, it just happened last night and I was hoping for a little guidance. I had only read about kundalini but never expected to experience it save for maybe years from now.

Also, on a subtopic, why do you think that these sort of things always seem to happen when I try to go to sleep? I almost had an OBE one time too while trying to get to sleep but I chickened out. These sort of things always seem to happen to me not when I am actively looking for them but trying to sleep.

Would appreciate your thoughts.

Interesting!

I also have had a teacher / teachers from the astral for about 20 years. I just go with the flow and so far it has been ok.

These teachers from the astral are documented all through Taoist literature - Thomas Cleary brings the subject up a bit. He calls the teacher Lu or Liu or something like that.

In The Secret of the Golden Flower, Page 53, it gives him as Master LU.

I also read a lot.

And I've been into Kundalini for about the last 10 years.- There is a set of yogic exercises that are necessary to open the channels for energy flow. If you don't do these exercises - you will have an experience like a dam bursting open and all the energy flooding your system. Using Kundalini meditation, you can't just meditate.

The exercises are in The Five Tibetans by Christopher S. Kilham

Even with the exercises you will have what I call "risings" where when a chakra opens, the energy flows up to the next chakra - the risings continued with me for about 2 or 3 months and stopped when I passed the Throat Chakra.

I have a portion of the exercises here: http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?showto...11802&st=80

I would wait to do the Savasana untill you have at least gone through the first 5 chakras.

Kundalini Yoga is ,in my opinion, the highest level of the yogic exercises of Hatha Yoga whereas the Savasana is known as the most important exercise in Yoga as it is the entrance to Raja Yoga - the awakening point.

Both of the exercises have their own special functions that will open to you as they evolve.

Keep in touch - I'll work with you.

Moving is more important than you think. Sitting alone leads to nowhere, it causes serious qi stagnation. I will give you a hint:

Yin fire.

Moving is more important than you think. Sitting alone leads to nowhere, it causes serious qi stagnation. I will give you a hint:

Yin fire.

I don't get the hint, but I like what you say about movement!

"Kundalini Yoga is ,in my opinion, the highest level of the yogic exercises of Hatha Yoga"

I thought that while similar, Kundalini yoga was separate from Hatha yoga. With my very limited exposure to both, I would have said that Kundalini focuses on prana and intent with smaller emphasis on asanas, and Hatha yoga is more about prana and asana and less intent. ???

JK, you seem to say that Kundalini is a category of Hatha.

... not that I need to pigeon hole everything ...

That's awesome. To stabilize the kundalini energy you can just sit in full-lotus -- padmasana. If you can't do that then you do not need to worry about the energy being to strong! haha. Simple.

As for why it happens when falling asleep it's because when the frequency of brain wave slows down the amplitude of brain wave increases. For example it's very common to experience a sudden jerk of the body -- a spasm -- from the nerves when falling asleep. This is because the body is relaxing and the slower frequency causes an increase in body nerve amplitude.

So the real energy masters have their brain slowed way down to delta deep sleep -- and the body as well -- the body might even be cold when the spirit leaves during astral travel like dead -- normally though the breath just slows way down and then

the body breathes through energy! Electromagnetic pulsations of the energy points REPLACE the breathing of the lungs. This qi or prana is stronger amplitude then the normal faster frequency brain waves but then as the spirit-light develops stronger the frequency goes higher as quantum intensity.

In classical science amplitude is the measure of energy strength or intensity but in quantum energy power is measured by frequency. That's why when you visualized the light body it increased your brain frequency while also increasing your body amplitude. Visualization is the key to the Yan Xin meditation as well. Beyond this paradox of frequency and amplitude is when PHASE becomes formless -- that's the pure awareness beyond light, always-already the truth of reality.

Drew,

If full lotus is so great, and you have been transformed, then why did you feel the need use DMT and Salvia?

Biff -- or is it Biffy? I mean I'm ASS-you-me-ing from your avatar that you read on the biffy? haha.

Seriously though maybe you were inspired with such a question due to my "O at a D" discovery being first posted for public criticism and purview over at Daniel Pinchbeck's old website http://breakingopenthehead.com

"feel the need" as you put it Biff -- I guess that's sort of the opposite of not feeling the need to take LSD or other synthetic psychotropics? haha.

Actually the Bushmen did you-se psychotropic plants but is was for the FEMALES as a tool and only sometimes for the males. AND since only 10% of the females trained to be healers while 90% of the males trained to be healer -- most of the trance dance healing was based on

kundalini or sublimated sex energy.

Still psychotropics were used by the SOURCE (Bushmen-Pgymy culture) of the whole yoga-qigong-alchemy spiritual powers scene. haha.

So I wondered -- I pondered -- also I admired Pinchbeck's first book when he traveled around the world investigating traditional indigenous psychotropics.

For example Wade Davis states that psychotropics are actually used very little in West Africa for initiation whereas if you look into in the traditional secret societies a man is not a real man -- in fact a man is closer to an animal -- until after successful kundalini training which is again

the means and ability to sublimate and purify (ionize) the sex hormone energy.

You find the same secret drumming initiation for females in East Africa where, in contrast the FEMALES ARE EATEN by the male drummers. Just buy the music c.d. WITCHCRAFT AND RITUAL MUSIC OF KENYA. This is from the Bushmen males reporting that they "collect the N/um of young maidens" -- just as Mantak Chia reports similarly.

So anyway I go to http://breakingopenthehead.com and I realize that for all of Daniel's psychotropic plant experience his electromagnetic essence -- his spirit consciousness -- is

STILL STUCK IN HIS LOWER CHAKRAS!!

I point this out to Daniel -- I say look Daniel -- you can't sit in full-lotus -- you're not sublimating your sex energy, etc. Daniel, despite being the famous Beatnik guru that he is, did have a brief direct correspondence with me on his website and then....

disappeared. Abandoned his OWN website, turning up later under the group project of http://realitysandwich.com (and karmically the yoga teachers in NYC have since been in "dialog" or debate? with Daniel -- still yoga or hatha yoga is NOT the same as IONIZATION to create chi and shen -- i.e. alchemy through the small universe and microcosmic orbit training).

Anyway so I figured I was at least obligated to oblige HIS (Pinchbeck's) side of the story by testing the 3rd Eye full-lotus up against the psychotropic plant experiences.

Salvia is legal so no hesitation there. I researched as much as I could stand and I had a friend who said he did every other drug but one hit of salvia scared him to death. His spirit flew out of his body and got stuck in the floor!!!

Again I posted my salvia experiences first on http://breakingopenthehead.com and I discovered that salvia did indeed activate the kundalini. But the magnetic power of the 3rd Eye overcame the salvia. At least to the extent that I just continually blacked out while waking up in full-lotus. ONCE I woke up with the ability to see rainbow auras around my hands -- even though I was in a pitch-black room, with a hat over my eyes, my eyes closed. I was totally lucid, still in full-lotus, coming out of blacking out.

Earlier the salvia did try to pull my spirit out of my body, as had happened with my friend and many others. But the salvia only was able to pull my spirit HALFWAY out of my body! I was in full-lotus, laughing at the salvia, while half my spirit was out of my body! haha.

Now granted, as per Gabriel Cousin's new edition of his SPIRITUAL NUTRITION book (referred to on http://realitysandwich.com )

I'd like to clear up this whole "what is kundalini?" issue that has now cropped up on this thread. Cousins states that there's TWO SOURCES OF KUNDALINI -- there's the body kundalini from the root chakra and then there's the spirit kundalini that comes down through the top of the head. Normally the spirit kundalini gets stuck on the way down through the body to meet and activate the body kundalini. I would say spirit kundalini is polarized light -- and that's why it gets stuck.

I just posted the BIOPTRON polarized light healing device from Hungary on Enouch's thread and the video for it is on my new blog post

http://naturalresonancerevolution.blogspot.com

O.K. so the psychotropic plants activate the BODY kundalini whereas transmission from an energy master is the spirit kundalini -- shakti or shen. It needs to be emphasized that SHEN is much more powerful -- more intense -- and much more rare than chi or qi (classical electromagnetic energy). Shen is holographic laser energy. Even still when the time phase of spirit shen energy is opposite to itself -- which is called the pilot wave in quantum mechanics -- then pure awareness is achieved. Pure consciousness as formless awareness is the source of the shen-shakti-spirit energy.

The body kundalini is jing or N/um -- N/um is translated as the BOILING ENERGY IN THE BELLY. sound familiar? Tummo as well.

When the psychotropic plants activate body kundalini (and DMT DOES THIS BIG-TIME) since it's through the pineal gland DMT the effect is to

"polarize" the body's energy -- hence the focus on PURGING in DMT healing (and DMT healing is used for serious conditions like cancer)....

For example in alchemy -- "taoist yoga" - and kriya yoga -- it's stated NO SALT -- why? Because salt goes against the polarization -- as chloride is a negative ion (a proton-based ion) while ionization relies on alkaline positive ions or electrons like potassium. Salt is pervasive in any grain-based diet!

In fact a high potassium diet is the key whereas salt with chloride kills off the polarization. For the secret of potassium plasma from the magnetic momentum of proton polarization read CIA mind control Dr. Andrija Puharich's book BEYOND TELEPATHY (and yes he did test psychotropic shrooms for the CIA).

In the Bushmen training the kundalini is activated through fasting for the males and through the SPIRIT kundalini transmission from the master healer. But the trance dance healing relies on the VOICE OF THE FEMALE WHICH IS THE GENERATIVE FORCE IN TAOIST YOGA OR AGAIN THE JING ENERGY.

That's why phone healing is so easy versus energy transmission through visual writing! haha.

But if the females want to be a healer then the plant DMT is relied on again to polarize the body's energy. My "natural resonance revolution" analysis is based on Western modern consciousness being left-brain dominant with science relying on right-hand dominant technology. Science, in turn, is transforming right-brain dominant life (shamanic ecology) that relies on left-hand dominant carbon-based molecules into right-hand dominant silica-based technology!

The polarization of the body-mind through kundalini (be it right-handed spirit light or "left-handed path" -- right-brain sex energy) is through the SAME parasympathetic FEMALE internal climax nervous system of the right-brain vagus nerve-3rd Eye-inner ear system.

Still the psychotropic plant energy is limited since it just activates a person's internal body kundalini energy. So the real ayahuasca healers ALSO practice sex sublimation by avoiding all females -- going deep into the jungle -- and doing so for

3 months!!

sounds familiar! Robert Tindell's book details this.

Anyway when I did do the DMT psychotropic plant in FULL-LOTUS then I could optimize the body kundalini energy by refocusing it BACK INTO MY BODY VIA THE PINEAL GLAND.

This is the "Yan Xin Secret" -- see my http://mind-energy.net article by that name. You hold your hands in front of your body to REFLECT THE POLARIZED LIGHT BACK from the 3rd eye back INTO YOUR LOWER TAN TIEN.

So that creates a free energy circuit and once the 3rd eye is fully open then, as Santiago states, you can take in the spirit kundalini and activate the body kundalini -- the jing. The spirit kundalini is power intensity due to light COHERENCE or harmonization so that the phase or time synchronization and higher frequency (QUANTUM) creates the power whereas body kundalini is classical power -- amplitude -- based on the longer wavelength (lower frequency) having more energy intensity, along with NUMBER of particles.

This again is the paradox of "lowering" your brain wave frequency to "increase" your body power! But as the classical kundalini power gets ionized back into electromagnetic energy then the overall brain synchronization goes into a "higher" frequency as quantum SHEN energy -- for 3rd eye visions.

Biffy sorry about the bathroom reference and did you get those women high when you helped them give birth? haha.

Drew,

If full lotus is so great, and you have been transformed, then why did you feel the need use DMT and Salvia?

Edited by drewhempel

Actually the Bushmen did you-se psychotropic plants but is was for the FEMALES as a tool and only sometimes for the males. AND since only 10% of the females trained to be healers while 90% of the males trained to be healer -- most of the trance dance healing was based on

Still psychotropics were used by the SOURCE (Bushmen-Pgymy culture) of the whole yoga-qigong-alchemy spiritual powers scene. haha.

So I wondered -- I pondered -- also I admired Pinchbeck's first book when he traveled around the world investigating traditional indigenous psychotropics.

For example Wade Davis states that psychotropics are actually used very little in West Africa for initiation whereas if you look into in the traditional secret societies a man is not a real man -- in fact a man is closer to an animal -- until after successful kundalini training which is again

the means and ability to sublimate and purify (ionize) the sex hormone energy.

You find the same secret drumming initiation for females in East Africa where, in contrast the FEMALES ARE EATEN by the male drummers. Just buy the music c.d. WITCHCRAFT AND RITUAL MUSIC OF KENYA. This is from the Bushmen males reporting that they "collect the N/um of young maidens" -- just as Mantak Chia reports similarly.

So anyway I go to http://breakingopenthehead.com and I realize that for all of Daniel's psychotropic plant experience his electromagnetic essence -- his spirit consciousness -- is

STILL STUCK IN HIS LOWER CHAKRAS!!

I point this out to Daniel -- I say look Daniel -- you can't sit in full-lotus -- you're not sublimating your sex energy, etc. Daniel, despite being the famous Beatnik guru that he is, did have a brief direct correspondence with me on his website and then....

disappeared. Abandoned his OWN website, turning up later under the group project of http://realitysandwich.com (and karmically the yoga teachers in NYC have since been in "dialog" or debate? with Daniel -- still yoga or hatha yoga is NOT the same as IONIZATION to create chi and shen -- i.e. alchemy through the small universe and microcosmic orbit training).

Anyway so I figured I was at least obligated to oblige HIS (Pinchbeck's) side of the story by testing the 3rd Eye full-lotus up against the psychotropic plant experiences.

Salvia is legal so no hesitation there. I researched as much as I could stand and I had a friend who said he did every other drug but one hit of salvia scared him to death. His spirit flew out of his body and got stuck in the floor!!!

Again I posted my salvia experiences first on http://breakingopenthehead.com and I discovered that salvia did indeed activate the kundalini. But the magnetic power of the 3rd Eye overcame the salvia. At least to the extent that I just continually blacked out while waking up in full-lotus. ONCE I woke up with the ability to see rainbow auras around my hands -- even though I was in a pitch-black room, with a hat over my eyes, my eyes closed. I was totally lucid, still in full-lotus, coming out of blacking out.

Earlier the salvia did try to pull my spirit out of my body, as had happened with my friend and many others. But the salvia only was able to pull my spirit HALFWAY out of my body! I was in full-lotus, laughing at the salvia, while half my spirit was out of my body! haha.

Now granted, as per Gabriel Cousin's new edition of his SPIRITUAL NUTRITION book (referred to on http://realitysandwich.com )

I'd like to clear up this whole "what is kundalini?" issue that has now cropped up on this thread. Cousins states that there's TWO SOURCES OF KUNDALINI -- there's the body kundalini from the root chakra and then there's the spirit kundalini that comes down through the top of the head. Normally the spirit kundalini gets stuck on the way down through the body to meet and activate the body kundalini. I would say spirit kundalini is polarized light -- and that's why it gets stuck.

I just posted the BIOPTRON polarized light healing device from Hungary on Enouch's thread and the video for it is on my new blog post

http://naturalresonancerevolution.blogspot.com

O.K. so the psychotropic plants activate the BODY kundalini whereas transmission from an energy master is the spirit kundalini -- shakti or shen. It needs to be emphasized that SHEN is much more powerful -- more intense -- and much more rare than chi or qi (classical electromagnetic energy). Shen is holographic laser energy. Even still when the time phase of spirit shen energy is opposite to itself -- which is called the pilot wave in quantum mechanics -- then pure awareness is achieved. Pure consciousness as formless awareness is the source of the shen-shakti-spirit energy.

The body kundalini is jing or N/um -- N/um is translated as the BOILING ENERGY IN THE BELLY. sound familiar? Tummo as well.

When the psychotropic plants activate body kundalini (and DMT DOES THIS BIG-TIME) since it's through the pineal gland DMT the effect is to

"polarize" the body's energy -- hence the focus on PURGING in DMT healing (and DMT healing is used for serious conditions like cancer)....

For example in alchemy -- "taoist yoga" - and kriya yoga -- it's stated NO SALT -- why? Because salt goes against the polarization -- as chloride is a negative ion (a proton-based ion) while ionization relies on alkaline positive ions or electrons like potassium. Salt is pervasive in any grain-based diet!

In fact a high potassium diet is the key whereas salt with chloride kills off the polarization. For the secret of potassium plasma from the magnetic momentum of proton polarization read CIA mind control Dr. Andrija Puharich's book BEYOND TELEPATHY (and yes he did test psychotropic shrooms for the CIA).

In the Bushmen training the kundalini is activated through fasting for the males and through the SPIRIT kundalini transmission from the master healer. But the trance dance healing relies on the VOICE OF THE FEMALE WHICH IS THE GENERATIVE FORCE IN TAOIST YOGA OR AGAIN THE JING ENERGY.

That's why phone healing is so easy versus energy transmission through visual writing! haha.

But if the females want to be a healer then the plant DMT is relied on again to polarize the body's energy. My "natural resonance revolution" analysis is based on Western modern consciousness being left-brain dominant with science relying on right-hand dominant technology. Science, in turn, is transforming right-brain dominant life (shamanic ecology) that relies on left-hand dominant carbon-based molecules into right-hand dominant silica-based technology!

The polarization of the body-mind through kundalini (be it right-handed spirit light or "left-handed path" -- right-brain sex energy) is through the SAME parasympathetic FEMALE internal climax nervous system of the right-brain vagus nerve-3rd Eye-inner ear system.

Still the psychotropic plant energy is limited since it just activates a person's internal body kundalini energy. So the real ayahuasca healers ALSO practice sex sublimation by avoiding all females -- going deep into the jungle -- and doing so for

3 months!!

sounds familiar! Robert Tindell's book details this.

Anyway when I did do the DMT psychotropic plant in FULL-LOTUS then I could optimize the body kundalini energy by refocusing it BACK INTO MY BODY VIA THE PINEAL GLAND.

This is the "Yan Xin Secret" -- see my http://mind-energy.net article by that name. You hold your hands in front of your body to REFLECT THE POLARIZED LIGHT BACK from the 3rd eye back INTO YOUR LOWER TAN TIEN.

So that creates a free energy circuit and once the 3rd eye is fully open then, as Santiago states, you can take in the spirit kundalini and activate the body kundalini -- the jing. The spirit kundalini is power intensity due to light COHERENCE or harmonization so that the phase or time synchronization and higher frequency (QUANTUM) creates the power whereas body kundalini is classical power -- amplitude -- based on the longer wavelength (lower frequency) having more energy intensity, along with NUMBER of particles.

This again is the paradox of "lowering" your brain wave frequency to "increase" your body power! But as the classical kundalini power gets ionized back into electromagnetic energy then the overall brain synchronization goes into a "higher" frequency as quantum SHEN energy -- for 3rd eye visions.

Damn man, lots to come back to and re-read.

That's only one of it's manifestations. When I first started practicing kundalini, I was celibate entirely, not even during dream time.

Then when it gets centered in the upper chakras, one can enjoy sex again and not loose energy. Like most guys go to sleep, most guys loose their energy, but once the flow is going upwards naturally and not downwards like for most people, then the energy is not lost during ejaculation and one is also receiving from the women her energy and it's cycling. I think you've talked about this. But once it's centered in the upwards flow, kundalini is not merely sublimated sexual energy anymore, it's something much more refined and wise.

That's a DIRECT quote from "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality"!!

NOT. haha.

That's only one of it's manifestations. When I first started practicing kundalini, I was celibate entirely, not even during dream time.

Then when it gets centered in the upper chakras, one can enjoy sex again and not loose energy. Like most guys go to sleep, most guys loose their energy, but once the flow is going upwards naturally and not downwards like for most people, then the energy is not lost during ejaculation and one is also receiving from the women her energy and it's cycling. I think you've talked about this. But once it's centered in the upwards flow, kundalini is not merely sublimated sexual energy anymore, it's something much more refined and wise.

About the movement thing, from what I have observed in all this time I have been a user of this forum, I have realized there is a number of users in this forum who suffer from Qigong deviations. The sad thing is that they are not even aware of it. I used to suffer from this condition as well. This matter is of utmost importance, it must be addressed asap and cannot be taken lightly. Every year, a certain number of Qigong practitioners in China end up getting psychiatric treatment in Chinese hospitals and others will receive TCM relief because of it.

I will post about this topic soon.

Take care.

Aaarrrgh!

From reading all that stuff I feel as if my brain will explode. Information overload.

You ever get the feeling that you're drowning in your own confusion and that you'll never get done that which you want to?

Kinda feel like that way. It's like one of those nightmare dreams where you're running towards something but the more you run the farther in moves into the distance.

Ultimately this energy business seems so complicated and confusing.

Just looking at the past posts give rise to so many questions...

What practice? Which posture? What meditation? What food(to eat)? No sex? A million more come up the more I think about it. Note that I talk not just about kundalini but the whole energy knowledge/practice thing.

My western conditioned mind tells me I have to figure out all this factual stuff but the more or less taoist thing is to just let the confusion be and accept it.

All the contradictions will get to you, especially if you came on this site in order to try to understand energy use. They got to me at first, until I realized that getting 'energy' isn't really important to me. I'd rather I never get a lick of energy ability, if it's not naturally along my path. Meditation should be an opening up and a loosening, not a grasping. If you have to concentrate to feel it, then you're making it up. Every intuitive truth I've ever felt came at moments when I wasn't trying.

Also, to the original poster, I think you need to accept your fear and laugh with it. When weird shit happens during meditation, I go with the flow. The time I didn't, which I posted a thread about when I first joined, I felt tired and drained for days afterward.

Well said. Actually one of the best posts I have written in this forum.

drewhempel,

Your obsessiveness about the sort of sitting meditation you are involved with is another symptom of Qigong deviation. Sitting alone is not the proper way of approaching meditation.

Hindu meditation is utterly wrong. Move, move, move! Gautama Buddha was moving during his entire life (even after enlightenment).

Sitting meditation is vastly overrated.

drewhempel,

Your obsessiveness about the sort of sitting meditation you are involved with is another symptom of Qigong deviation. Sitting alone is not the proper way of approaching meditation.

Hindu meditation is utterly wrong. Move, move, move! Gautama Buddha was moving during his entire life (even after enlightenment).

totaly agree. As we say in the ghetto of 305 ..."Move yo Ass Nigga". Some of the BEST forms of meditation is walking, Love Making, Martial arts training with or with out a partner, and movement based chi kung.

Aaarrrgh!

From reading all that stuff I feel as if my brain will explode. Information overload.

You ever get the feeling that you're drowning in your own confusion and that you'll never get done that which you want to?

Kinda feel like that way. It's like one of those nightmare dreams where you're running towards something but the more you run the farther in moves into the distance.

Ultimately this energy business seems so complicated and confusing.

Just looking at the past posts give rise to so many questions...

What practice? Which posture? What meditation? What food(to eat)? No sex? A million more come up the more I think about it. Note that I talk not just about kundalini but the whole energy knowledge/practice thing.

My western conditioned mind tells me I have to figure out all this factual stuff but the more or less taoist thing is to just let the confusion be and accept it.

I hear ya!

Be careful with what you read on this site -- don't get me wrong I love this site, it is a great community, but there is also a huge amount of crap. I think that several posters are just basically throwing ideas around that haven't been tested or proven. They are presented as being authoritative, as fact, but they are just experiments and ideas. Be skeptical, read lots of books, take everything in, be careful about taking it for gospel truth. In the end, if you are really interested in this, you should probably find a reputable teacher.

For myself, I am trying to get more disciplined with my seated practice. Truth be told though, some of the best meditation moments I've had over the past couple months have occured when I was performing KAP exercises while doing other things like moving around at work, school, hanging with friends, walking through the park or even when daydreaming. Whenever I sit down with the mentality of "ok, it's time for me to WORK" I generally dont have as deep of a practice and have trouble staying motivated.

Years of dysfunctional public schooling have taught me to despise anything that feels like WORK, and try to find ways to get around it.

Edited by Enishi

For myself, I am trying to get more disciplined with my seated practice. Truth be told though, some of the best meditation moments I've had over the past couple months have occured when I was performing KAP exercises while doing other things like moving around at work, school, hanging with friends, walking through the park or even when daydreaming.

Awesome as it Should be. KAP works well to integrate into normal activity. Before you notice you are in meditation 24/7

durkhrod chogori -- I agree that the full-lotus padmasana is vastly over-rated! haha.

And yes Hindu meditation is UTTERly (Brahman udders!) wrong! haha.

Meanwhile please don't do this Tibetan full-lotus meditation as it's secret:

http://www.theyogisoftibet.com/clip_08.htm

drewhempel,

totaly agree. As we say in the ghetto of 305 ..."Move yo Ass Nigga". Some of the BEST forms of meditation is walking, Love Making, Martial arts training with or with out a partner, and movement based chi kung.

you just reminded me of my latest favorite addition to my Taiji practice playlist!

IUQdcHcEKKg

durkhord chogori -- do you think that's why Stef in his vipassana retreat soon after became suicidal -- because he was sitting too much or do they move in those retreats as well? They do walking meditation also right?

Hi there,

I'm not sure if this is an appropriate post for this forum, if not

then I apologise.

I took a 10-day Goenka Vipassana course in October 2005, and as a

result had a psychotic episode lasting a week, immediately following

the course.

I experienced delusions (thought I was the messiah, I had telepathic

powers, etc), hallucinations, visions, and a series of emotional

highs and lows (including very traumatic mind-states) I never thought

possible.

I admitted myself to hospital after being close to suicide and was

put on anti-psychotic medication which calmed the symptoms down. The

following year consisted of a terrible depression...I was unable to

work for most of it.

Two years on and although I have recovered well in the sense that I

am working, socialising, exercising, etc. But the experience has left

me numb and lacking in feeling or emotion. Life lacks joy, happiness,

passion, although on the plus side I feel very peaceful.

A year ago I took up meditation again and do mindfulness of

breathing. I still have a strong interest in Buddhism and a spiritual

path.

I am wondering if anyone can possibly point me in the direction of

any resources that could help me progress from this stage, or have

any advice based on personal experience? There must be many other

people out there who have been through this. The few I have heard

about or managed to contact have either committed suicide, or

unwilling to talk about it, or too deep in recovery themselves.

Many thanks.

Stef

drewhempel,

I understand durkhrod chogori was trying to emphasize a necessity for rooting.

More balance in cultivation. COuld be a longer way but more reliable.