Kali Yuga

Spontaneous Kundalini Experience

Guest sykkelpump

Actually I was trying to find an explanation of "blood washing" online and yesterday I was unsuccessful. Thanks for pointing this out as I found the following now:

Ok here I go. Two exercises to add to your regimen.

Blood Washing: Not the same as Xi Sui Jing (Bone Marrow/Brain Washing Qigong). Works on nervous system and helps you project qi.

Instructions: Place right hand on left shoulder. With one stroke, go down the outside of your left arm until you reach the fingertips. Pinch the ends of your left hand's fingers then with one stroke, move up the inside of your arm to your armpit. Then move down your left side until you reach the outside of your left foot. Pinch your left foot's toes. Move up the inside of the left leg until you reach your groin. From here, switch hands (you'll be using your left hand now). Move down the inside of your right leg. When you reach the inside of your right foot, pinch your right foot's toes. Then move up your right leg until you reach your right armpit. Now move up the inside of your right arm until you reach your right hand. Pinch the ends of the fingers on your right hand. Move up the outside of the right arm up to your right shoulder. Do 20 reps. After a few weeks, gradually work up to 50 reps.

Yes that is correct description.and as most people know chi moves down the front of the body and innside/front both legs.

and chi moves up back/outside both legs.and it moves up back and outside torso.If you straighten the hands above head palms forward it follows the same pattern as the legs.so this exercise goes against the chi flow half the time.

Exersice nr 4 (youtube) in falun gong follows the natural chi flow and is a healthy good method

Edited by sykkelpump

Well what you say makes total sense. Qigong master Chunyi Lin likes to joke about the "sword fingers" technique he teaches for sending out out "yin energy" to break up energy blockages during healing sessions. Qigong master Chunyi Lin says that actually you can send the chi through the table -- he demonstrates -- and even over your shoulder! He demonstrates -- and then he say -- and even across the wall, etc. Or any direction! haha.

Still the "natural flow" of chi is very important as you point out. I'll check out that Falun Gong exercise and check out this ki -- qi transmission study -- ever heard of Toh-Ate?:

Quantitative Experiments on Remote Action Toh-ate

Accession number;04A0674123

Title;Quantitative Experiments on Remote Action Toh-ate

Author;KOKUBO HIDEYUKI(Kokusaisogokenkyukiko Johose) YOICHI HIDEO(Kokusaisogokenkyukiko Johose) YAMAMOTO MIKIO(National Inst. Radiological Sciences, JPN)

Journal Title;J Int Soc Life Inf Sci

Journal Code:L2951A

ISSN:1341-9226

VOL.22;NO.2;PAGE.(JA)299-301,296-298,(EN)294-298(2004)

Figure&Table&Reference;FIG.4, REF.23

Pub. Country;Japan

Language;Japanese

Abstract;The present experiments focus on the skills involved in the traditional Japanese martial art called "toh-ate". Toh-ate is a non-contact attack by one person against another when the two are separated by some distance. For the experiments, 6 pairs of veteran practitioners of martial arts participated. Three pairs were practitioners of Japanese martial arts and the other pairs were practitioners of Chinese qigong. As control, 6 pairs (non-trainees) participated; these persons had no martial arts training. Two subjects of a pair were put in separate rooms with communicational deprivation and the experimenters measured physiological changes of one of the two, acting as a Receiver, when the other, acting as a Sender, attempted to make a remote attack on the Receiver at a distance. The Receiver was seated in a Farady cage and the Sender performed only one "sending" motion per 80-second trial on double blinded and randomized conditions. When the Sender or Receiver pushed a switch as the event marker, output signals were produced. The signals were recorded as the sending time or the response time, along with physiological data, by recorders. No anomalous changes of average gradient of skin temperature of the Receiver's palm were observed around the sending time. Totally 797 data were available for analyses of time coincidence between motions of the Sender and Receiver. There was no significant coincidence at time-difference is 0sec. However, two pairs of Chinese qigong practitioners showed 5% significance peaks at +11sec. If these delay peaks were caused by toh-ate, their sending performances were longer than several seconds. (author abst.)

Yes that is correct description.and as most people know chi moves down the front of the body and innside/front both legs.

and chi moves up back/outside both legs.and it moves up back and outside torso.If you straighten the hands above head palms forward it follows the same pattern as the legs.so this exercise goes against the chi flow half the time.

Exersice nr 4 (youtube) in falun gong follows the natural chi flow and is a healthy good method

Nothing at all wrong with ALL sitting meditation. Perhaps there was something wrong with YOUR sitting meditation. I practice and teach Stillness-Movement sitting method which works very well because it works in a natural non-forced manner, yet is very powerful.

I do agree to a certain point that sitting must be balanced with movement. The Stillness-Movement SYSTEM has sitting, standing, tree, walking and running as components. I also teach the Gift of the Tao movement system alongside the sitting; this gives a balanced perspective.

But don't say All sitting meditation is overrated OR not the proper approach to meditation as this is not true. But I do agree that some sitting forms are certainly not optimal.

LOL!

My sitting meditation was purely Vipassana and I still got hurt. Why? I already discussed why in my previous post. Excess Qi that got stagnant in the organs. Also my diet and the air I breathe is very rich in quality Qi which speeded up the conversion rate.

LOL!

My sitting meditation was purely Vipassana and I still got hurt. Why? I already discussed why in my previous post. Excess Qi that got stagnant in the organs. Also my diet and the air I breathe is very rich in quality Qi which speeded up the conversion rate.

You are not the first person I have seen that had problems with that system. But it still doesn't mean ALL internal meditation systems (sitting) are bad. The sitting is the fist part we are trained in in my system. One of the keys you touched based on is to insure no qi stagnation; our SITTING has this built in and I believe you are correct, a system that doesn't have that aspect could be dangerous. Our sitting can be safely done alone.

I think I understand what happened now LOL.

I wasn't able to correlate the events lol.

Most likely my kundalini had a brief awakening because of the cultivation practice we do in tetada kalimasada.. You see how we practice is that we do a certain set of movements under a kind of yogic breath (tenaga dalam) to store the energy in our chakras, as our master put it.

..But every so and so you need a "connection" where the Grandmaster will fine-tune the energy in your body for you. I guess he did something with my first two chakras or something, thus the kundalini experience out of nowhere. But if you have no stored up energy then it won't do much. I guess it means that I made progress and that some masters are MUCH more powerful than you give them credit for.

I mean, our connection didnt last two minutes. He walks over, asks me to assume the triangular breathing and puts two finger on my lower belly and makes a circular motion with them. A slight tap, then I'm done. I didn't even feel anything. I guess I didn't think it was that significant when it really was. I kinda wonder how he even knows how to do that, amazing. More rep to Grandmaster! Lol

so you chopping off bottle tops or is that a different practice? Making light bulbs bounce perhaps?

Yeah here it is:

How about eating glass? They do that for spiritual training in the Philippines somewhere I think.

I think I understand what happened now LOL.

I wasn't able to correlate the events lol.

Most likely my kundalini had a brief awakening because of the cultivation practice we do in tetada kalimasada.. You see how we practice is that we do a certain set of movements under a kind of yogic breath (tenaga dalam) to store the energy in our chakras, as our master put it.

..But every so and so you need a "connection" where the Grandmaster will fine-tune the energy in your body for you. I guess he did something with my first two chakras or something, thus the kundalini experience out of nowhere. But if you have no stored up energy then it won't do much. I guess it means that I made progress and that some masters are MUCH more powerful than you give them credit for.

I mean, our connection didnt last two minutes. He walks over, asks me to assume the triangular breathing and puts two finger on my lower belly and makes a circular motion with them. A slight tap, then I'm done. I didn't even feel anything. I guess I didn't think it was that significant when it really was. I kinda wonder how he even knows how to do that, amazing. More rep to Grandmaster! Lol

Edited by drewhempel

so you chopping off bottle tops or is that a different practice? Making light bulbs bounce perhaps?

Yeah here it is:

How about eating glass? They do that for spiritual training in the Philippines somewhere I think.

I live in the Philippines.

Yes, those are things we do in Kalimasada. I've just reached that level where I'll begin training to do those things.

I haven't done any of those things yet but I can attest to the things that other people say about Kalimasada. I've seen a fellow student break the bottom off of bottles with nothing more than a tap. The lifting of people on thin sheets of newspaper and the bulb bouncing are all true. There are a lot of psychic things that they practice. But so far the most astounding thing I've seen is when to practitioners "duel" each other with their own energy, no contact whatsoever. They literally repel each other with their energies, there was one time I saw an old man get blown off of his feet. I didn't believe it was true until I saw it for myself.

Although they aren't really the total aim of the practice, since they are "tests" of your own energy reservoir and ability to hold the alpha or deeper brainwave state. And the energy duel is part of self-defence.

But the eating glass things is another group.

Really, the Philippines is a country with a lot of such kind of practices but one has to look hard since the Spanish conquerors have done well to wipe out any shamanic practices that were the heritage of the Filipino people. The Philippines has a lot of things like "psychic healing" and a lot of things to do with the occult. Those fellows who eat glass are just on group but there are many others, I believe one group is called "tad-tad" where they use their energy to protect themselves from things that would otherwise kill them outright, like a sword slash to the belly or a gunshot.

Edited by Kali Yuga

Thanks for sharing and glad to hear about this shamanic meditation in the Philippines.

I live in the Philippines.

Yes, those are things we do in Kalimasada. I've just reached that level where I'll begin training to do those things.

I haven't done any of those things yet but I can attest to the things that other people say about Kalimasada. I've seen a fellow student break the bottom off of bottles with nothing more than a tap. The lifting of people on thin sheets of newspaper and the bulb bouncing are all true. There are a lot of psychic things that they practice. But so far the most astounding thing I've seen is when to practitioners "duel" each other with their own energy, no contact whatsoever. They literally repel each other with their energies, there was one time I saw an old man get blown off of his feet. I didn't believe it was true until I saw it for myself.

Although they aren't really the total aim of the practice, since they are "tests" of your own energy reservoir and ability to hold the alpha or deeper brainwave state. And the energy duel is part of self-defence.

But the eating glass things is another group.

Really, the Philippines is a country with a lot of such kind of practices but one has to look hard since the Spanish conquerors have done well to wipe out any shamanic practices that were the heritage of the Filipino people. The Philippines has a lot of things like "psychic healing" and a lot of things to do with the occult. Those fellows who eat glass are just on group but there are many others, I believe one group is called "tad-tad" where they use their energy to protect themselves from things that would otherwise kill them outright, like a sword slash to the belly or a gunshot.