Kali Yuga

Spontaneous Kundalini Experience

really?

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/bloo...us-posture.html

Because the lotus has its roots in the muck of the lake or pond bottom and its blooms face toward heaven, because it moves with the water yet doesn't lose its rooting, it is the perfect symbol of the Yoga practice that is both grounded and spiritually oriented.

I understand durkhrod chogori was trying to emphasize a necessity for rooting.

More balance in cultivation. COuld be a longer way but more reliable.

Edited by drewhempel

Meanwhile please don't do this Tibetan full-lotus meditation as it's secret:

http://www.theyogisoftibet.com/clip_08.htm

I am not interested in what monks do because I am not a monk and neither are you, so be wise and adapt Qigong practice to your lifestyle. Trying to emulate what a 365/24/7 Tibetan Buddhist monk does from a lay practitioner's perspective is suicidal. You will damage yourself quicker than expected.

durkhord chogori -- do you think that's why Stef in his vipassana retreat soon after became suicidal -- because he was sitting too much or do they move in those retreats as well? They do walking meditation also right?

Nope. Goenka's method is just plain wrong, a deviation of Buddha's original method: walking, sitting and lying meditation. Goenka's requires you to sit the whole day. No good.

Qigong practice is a double-edge sword. Put more effort in the moving stuff as this will balance the energy all across the body instead of being pooled in the dantians, primarily the lower dantian which will lead to the dangerous condition called Yin fire: Kidney Qi and Heart Qi get mixed up and create and internal heat that is not easily dissipated. Highly disturbing and damaging to the internal organs and the mind.

We should probably leave each other's traditions and paths alone! They have different rules and methods. Thinking our own methods apply to everyone else is just plain wrong. Different practices work in different ways. There is no universal right and wrong, and EVERY path has its dangers.

Also I should say that people shouldn't comment on other practices that they have little experience in, because things can easily be misunderstood. If you meditate, stick to that knowledge...and leave the tantra/alchemy to the ones who are actually doing it. I say this because the following info is simply misinformation:

Qigong practice is a double-edge sword. Put more effort in the moving stuff as this will balance the energy all across the body instead of being pooled in the dantians, primarily the lower dantian which will lead to the dangerous condition called Yin fire: Kidney Qi and Heart Qi get mixed up and create and internal heat that is not easily dissipated. Highly disturbing and damaging to the internal organs and the mind.

Yes moving is great, but everything else you said was bogus.

Yes moving is great, but everything else you said was bogus.

Well it seems that unlike me and others you haven't encountered Yin fire. I hope you never experience it, and if you do come back again and let us know.

Whoops I should clarify: I wasn't saying "yin fire" isn't a real condition, or possibility for practitioners. Just that your theories for why it happens seem very inaccurate.

Isn't that what lesser kan & li alchemy is, though?
Lesser Enlightenment of Kan & Li consists of mixing the fire, (yang), & water, (yin), the male/female energy and involves a literal steaming of the sexual energy into life force energy, (chi), to give birth to the soul or energy body.

The coupling of fire and water, the compassion energy from the heart and sexual energy from the kidneys and sexual organs produce a fine subtle vapor.

Lesser Enlightenment of Kan & Li consists of mixing the fire, (yang), & water, (yin), the male/female energy and involves a literal steaming of the sexual energy into life force energy, (chi), to give birth to the soul or energy body.

The coupling of fire and water, the compassion energy from the heart and sexual energy from the kidneys and sexual organs produce a fine subtle vapor.

The "soul" or the "energy body" is always there. The more I look at it, the more that I end up thinking that it is a bullshit track meant to deride cultivators from actually doing anything worthwhile.

The body will do whatever on its own when it is healthy.

Edited by lino

I have found comfort in laying breathless before sleeping. Is this dangerous? I am neither fully inflated or deflating with air, I'm almost at a compromise of push and pull from within so I feel no tension to exhale as I usually do when I try to hold my breath for say, diving.

Is it dangerous to do so? I often feel as if my skin is gliding/existing through time and space to be honest. I feel the beat of my heart as well as hear it. It's very odd to tune into your heart beating without your lungs moving, there is a unique feeling there when you have no urge to inhale or exhale.

I'd like to know more about this if this is a practice of some sort.

I googled your name -- in Australia, met a student of John Chang who read your mind, against qigong teachers who ask for $$. That's all cool man. For the problem you're referring to I think the bone marrow/blood washing exercise solves it:

http://precisiondocs.com/~altaoism/IS3Intro.htm

Well it seems that unlike me and others you haven't encountered Yin fire. I hope you never experience it, and if you do come back again and let us know.

I have found comfort in laying breathless before sleeping. Is this dangerous? I am neither fully inflated or deflating with air, I'm almost at a compromise of push and pull from within so I feel no tension to exhale as I usually do when I try to hold my breath for say, diving.

Is it dangerous to do so? I often feel as if my skin is gliding/existing through time and space to be honest. I feel the beat of my heart as well as hear it. It's very odd to tune into your heart beating without your lungs moving, there is a unique feeling there when you have no urge to inhale or exhale.

I'd like to know more about this if this is a practice of some sort.

I feel the same thing, although not for extended periods...I still inhale & exhale (breathe!). I don't think it's a bad thing, but it just means you've gotten very still...which would seem to be a good thing?

Why do you think it may be a problem - do you not breathe for long periods?

Why do you think it may be a problem - do you not breathe for long periods?

If my mother taught me anything, it was to be cautious and I never understood her, but once I uncovered Ch'i and all of this spiritual realm-if you will- I have been very careful to preserve my interior and exterior existence.

I am not wholeheartedly worried but I feel like I must consult others before continuing any practice of such experiences. If it possible to exist without breathing then that goes against what I have know all of my life. I'm am simply trying to better understand what is possible in our realm.

I have another thread that I seek much more insight on. Please read it and offer whatever insight you can.

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?showto...mp;#entry152838

Santiago -- thanks! This guy is the real deal too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSHywWGe-Ks

Sifu Dan and I speak daily and exchange transmissions daily. He is a real Master of Energy Work.

Just so you know Sifu Dan trained mainly from Lar Short, & Sensei Niikura (Niikura Ki ) He helped Sifu Jones develop most of the stuff in the "Chi Power Courses". Dan was and is way beyond the "Chi Power" stuff.

Trust me he is not your average bear he is the real deal.

Santiago Dobles

I googled your name -- in Australia, met a student of John Chang who read your mind, against qigong teachers who ask for $$. That's all cool man. For the problem you're referring to I think the bone marrow/blood washing exercise solves it:

http://precisiondocs.com/~altaoism/IS3Intro.htm

My problem was excessive sitting meditation and Zhan Zhuang. Since I started Baguazhang things are very different. Vipassana using the walking and sitting meditation in equal parts also solves the problem.

Thanks for trying to help.

Edited by durkhrod chogori

My problem was excessive sitting meditation and Zhan Zhuang. Since I started Baguazhang things are very different. Vipassana using the walking and sitting meditation in equal parts also solves the problem.

Thanks for trying to help.

I absolutely agree! In my Dzogchen practice we even do dancing meditation. It's very contemplative with visualization, specific contemplation to bring specific results. etc.

Many people don't realize that ritual in Vajrayana has real purpose. If utilized with the right view of course, otherwise it is just an empty ritual.

Anyway...

All the wonders of meditation in motion await you!

;)

Edited by Vajrahridaya

Yes I stated two systems I have direct experience with. If yours includes movement then is valid as well. Anyway just climbing a mountain or running in the park after sitting meditation would be a valid method as well.

The trick is to balance the urge that our spirits have to go and connect with the heavenly realms through our physical bodies during sitting or still meditation practice; however, that desire needs to be balanced since we are earthly creatures and as such we need to move around and nourish the "lower extremities." If this balance is broken then excessive unrooted qi will make us too imbalanced, too Yang, and ultimately we will shorten our lifespans. In other words, too much Qi is just as unhealthy as too little since our internal organs are designed to operate at certain levels of Qi, thus if they get too much of it, they will become too Yang and will degenerate very quickly.

Edited by durkhrod chogori

Aaarrrgh!

From reading all that stuff I feel as if my brain will explode. Information overload.

You ever get the feeling that you're drowning in your own confusion and that you'll never get done that which you want to?

Kinda feel like that way. It's like one of those nightmare dreams where you're running towards something but the more you run the farther in moves into the distance.

Ultimately this energy business seems so complicated and confusing.

Just looking at the past posts give rise to so many questions...

What practice? Which posture? What meditation? What food(to eat)? No sex? A million more come up the more I think about it. Note that I talk not just about kundalini but the whole energy knowledge/practice thing.

My western conditioned mind tells me I have to figure out all this factual stuff but the more or less taoist thing is to just let the confusion be and accept it.

Reading bullshit posts on the internet CAN confuse a person. This forum contains quite a bit of it. But it also contains some very wise words. So how do you discern the difference? Basically, you can't until you have raised your energy body vibration up to the point of energy discernment. How do you do that? FIND A TEACHER! After taking a workshop/classes with that teacher you find that nothing resonates with you, find another teacher! This process has worked for a very long time.

Well said. Actually one of the best posts I have written in this forum.

drewhempel,

Your obsessiveness about the sort of sitting meditation you are involved with is another symptom of Qigong deviation. Sitting alone is not the proper way of approaching meditation.

Hindu meditation is utterly wrong. Move, move, move! Gautama Buddha was moving during his entire life (even after enlightenment).

Sitting meditation is vastly overrated.

Nothing at all wrong with ALL sitting meditation. Perhaps there was something wrong with YOUR sitting meditation. I practice and teach Stillness-Movement sitting method which works very well because it works in a natural non-forced manner, yet is very powerful.

I do agree to a certain point that sitting must be balanced with movement. The Stillness-Movement SYSTEM has sitting, standing, tree, walking and running as components. I also teach the Gift of the Tao movement system alongside the sitting; this gives a balanced perspective.

But don't say All sitting meditation is overrated OR not the proper approach to meditation as this is not true. But I do agree that some sitting forms are certainly not optimal.

Santiago -- that's an amazing response from Dan Ferrera. Thanks so much for mediating the communication. Indeed I had noticed the SFQ meditation message -- "I am in the universe and the universe is in me" on the website.

Also I know someone who told me about Larry Short as well. One thing I did notice from Sifu Robin Jones free radio interview is mentioning the emphasis on "building the nerve fiber." So I researched this to discover the new studies finding an enzyme and certain protein that rebuilds nerve fiber. The enzyme and protein are made from nitrogen intake. Considering that Sifu Robin Jones is more from the martial arts background -- first emphasizing "tightening" before the later yin relaxation meditation -- I've read that in body building increased protein is not so necessary for nitrogen in take but in AEROBIC exercise it is -- runners actually burn more protein than body-builders. Anyway now we can see the direct connection between increased nitrogen and "building the nerve fiber" and also the more active exercises that build muscle -- like standing and rubbing the arms and torso, etc.

If you go to the website Sifu Ferrera provides the secret Shaolin practice video looks very similar to this recent secret Shaolin video:

Edited by drewhempel

Guest sykkelpump
Edited by sykkelpump

Actually I was trying to find an explanation of "blood washing" online and yesterday I was unsuccessful. Thanks for pointing this out as I found the following now:

Ok here I go. Two exercises to add to your regimen.

Blood Washing: Not the same as Xi Sui Jing (Bone Marrow/Brain Washing Qigong). Works on nervous system and helps you project qi.

Instructions: Place right hand on left shoulder. With one stroke, go down the outside of your left arm until you reach the fingertips. Pinch the ends of your left hand's fingers then with one stroke, move up the inside of your arm to your armpit. Then move down your left side until you reach the outside of your left foot. Pinch your left foot's toes. Move up the inside of the left leg until you reach your groin. From here, switch hands (you'll be using your left hand now). Move down the inside of your right leg. When you reach the inside of your right foot, pinch your right foot's toes. Then move up your right leg until you reach your right armpit. Now move up the inside of your right arm until you reach your right hand. Pinch the ends of the fingers on your right hand. Move up the outside of the right arm up to your right shoulder. Do 20 reps. After a few weeks, gradually work up to 50 reps.

Strange he thinks the blood washing follows the energy pattern of the chi in tcm.it does not ,and it does not witness about much knowledge if he thinks so.i have done spc usa for years,I know al perhacs and I think this post will interest him.