sean

Want to be a moderator of The Tao Bums?

I heard that Yoda's father ...

Yoda/Kyle's father passed away a few days ago. Kyle's doing okay, and well in his new forum/home.

Freeform would get my vote, based on the posts in the wu wei thread alone.

Not sure that's doing freeform any favors, however. Been there, done that :mellow:

What don't you understand?

I was suggesting others who could moderate, who I felt would maintain the current way of moderating...a hands off approach. I thought Stigwerd had other plans in mind, to change the forum to fit his view of Taoism. He assured us that he wants to maintain the hands off approach as well...so now I won't mind if he moderates.

Then I typed "_/\_" which means bowing humbly in respect.

I hope everything is clear now for you. :huh:

I was just cornfused. I read it as though you were saying you were in favor of someone who has the same views as you, rather than someone who is impartial and hands-off. That was what I didn't understand.

Nothing against Sigweard, but I don't think that anyone who advertise their own materials and websites here should be considered for staff; a conflict of interest.

I hear what you say and am willing to abide by this if that is the decree :)

Welcome to The Inaugural TaoBums Moderator Elections !!

24.gif

Seriously though ... I really don't want to "compete" for the position. I would be happy to provide the service and I think my moderator style would be more like this:

old_janitor_sweeping_hg_clr.gif

I would also be very happy with the idea of group of moderators.

:D

Trunk or Stigweard would make best moderators of Tao Bums. They've always been reasonable and fair.

They also have the gift of being able to weigh the words instead of the person speaking them.

How about Pietro? After all, he did help name the site...

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?showto...&hl=taoyoga

Though, he does seem to be MIA as well, recently.

I spoke with Pietro and he is well and he will be back.

Happy Trails!

A recent worry is Findley.

Findley is going to be okay, I think. I am exchanging PMs with him now.

Happy Trails!

I would also be very happy with the idea of group of moderators.

I think this is an important consideration. An odd number of moderators group, like three. Majority rules.

Happy Trails!

... except... TAX CUTS!!!

:mellow:

LOL

Yeah, Yeah. Yeah! I've heard that one before. Hehehe.

Happy Trails!

An excellent candidate would be the Learner. However he is on the playa for the time being, probably unwired. Agree with Trunk, Mal and Pietro. Would also throw Rain's hat in the ring.

edit: I support Stigweard, he has my utmost respect.

Edited by Eric23

I'm of the opinion that the general style of moderation should continue, but certain administrative tasks require moderator abilities and along those lines I feel that most all of the impartial people mentioned would have my vote. By the same token, I wouldnt have a problem helping out in that area, as my job kind of allows me to have regular access. I'm also in favor of the jedi council style couple of moderators; it not only helps lessen any administrative burden on the individual but also is a good group judgment machine in the odd event of punitive measure becoming necessary. Not that consensus would be required in every event, and of course Sean will always head the council. :)

One thing I've noticed, even in myself, is that we can't lie in our words. The expression holds too much to thoroughly deceive anyone, and especially those with strong insight.

Whatever event triggered the call for moderation seems to have been handled. How the community arrived at its perceptions is sound and makes sense, so whatever those perceptions may be, it is what it should be and I for one trust the sensibilities of the community as a whole, as opposed to the handful that can't seem to handle the negative with the positive.

I am against moderation.

If things go the "Jedi Council" direction then I'll put forth the suggestion of possibly creating a "Moderator's Forum" where any and all proposed actions can be voted on. I would also suggest a 100% consensus policy amongst the moderators where no actions are taken unless each moderator agrees in full. This way the moderation would remain as hands off as possible. We are fairly well self-regulated as it is so ideally the moderators would have very little to do.

I have seen many times in discussions where fruitful outcomes came out of conflict and premature moderation would have denied all parties the results. So I agree with the overall sentiment of as little moderation as possible.

If things go the "Jedi Council" direction then I'll put forth the suggestion of possibly creating a "Moderator's Forum" where any and all proposed actions can be voted on. I would also suggest a 100% consensus policy amongst the moderators where no actions are taken unless each moderator agrees in full. This way the moderation would remain as hands off as possible. We are fairly well self-regulated as it is so ideally the moderators would have very little to do.

I have seen many times in discussions where fruitful outcomes came out of conflict and premature moderation would have denied all parties the results. So I agree with the overall sentiment of as little moderation as possible.

Although I'm new to TTB, I'm active on several other boards going back about 7-8 years. I've been on boards where the 100% agreement on an odd number of mods form of moderating was used and it seemed to be the most successful. Much less emotional interference in the natural progression of threads that way.

Although I'm new to TTB, I'm active on several other boards going back about 7-8 years. I've been on boards where the 100% agreement on an odd number of mods form of moderating was used and it seemed to be the most successful. Much less emotional interference in the natural progression of threads that way.

Cheers for this :)

If it did become a moderating team of say 3 mods then it would be good to see a TaoBum lass to amongst them. My initial votes would also have been Rain or Taomeow but they have not been active for awhile now. So I cast my vote for Kate.

One thing I've noticed, even in myself, is that we can't lie in our words. The expression holds too much to thoroughly deceive anyone, and especially those with strong insight.

Whatever event triggered the call for moderation seems to have been handled. How the community arrived at its perceptions is sound and makes sense, so whatever those perceptions may be, it is what it should be and I for one trust the sensibilities of the community as a whole, as opposed to the handful that can't seem to handle the negative with the positive.

I am against moderation.

i'll second that.

i was going to initially make something of a joke and suggest that we make goldisheavy a moderator, but hyok is more to the point that i agree with.

Yes, that is what I like about TTB.

I would hope that Yoda may come back eventually.

Since the place is getting bigger and Sean is sharing power perhaps we should go for a Jedi Council approach. That way people could be unavailable now and then and not cause any issues.

Although I'm guessing that there really isn't that much to do (like many council jobs :lol: )

I strongly support the Jedi Council suggestion!

I second the vote for Mal as mod.

SereneBlue...just noticed your picture. You are beautiful.

p.s. You're pretty too Mal but SereneBlue is lovely...really really lovely.

:)

Edited by mgd

SereneBlue...just noticed your picture. You are beautiful.

p.s. You're pretty too Mal but SereneBlue is lovely...really really lovely.

:)

Blessings to you MGD. I hope all your dreams come true.

*rose*

One board I'm aware of has rotating moderators, everyone with a minimum number of posts who would like to help moderate has a three month period, the outgoing mods choose the next ones, with a group of three in the seats at any given time. This helps to avoid situations where people get tired of it or get busy with their lives or want to travel or whatever feeling bad for not pulling their weight, and prevents the possibility of power corrupting any individual members. It works well, and gives all active members a chance to contribute at some point unless they are extreme troublemakers and never get voted in by outgoing mods. Main benefit to mods with this system is they get time off from the responsibilities.

One board I'm aware of has rotating moderators, everyone with a minimum number of posts who would like to help moderate has a three month period, the outgoing mods choose the next ones, with a group of three in the seats at any given time. This helps to avoid situations where people get tired of it or get busy with their lives or want to travel or whatever feeling bad for not pulling their weight, and prevents the possibility of power corrupting any individual members. It works well, and gives all active members a chance to contribute at some point unless they are extreme troublemakers and never get voted in by outgoing mods. Main benefit to mods with this system is they get time off from the responsibilities.

I LIKE THIS!:)

Moderation in all things even moderation.... :rolleyes:

If the job has become too much for our fearless leader Sean, it is likely to be too much for ANYONE! so a team is a likely way to go... in shifts -or rotations whatever-

it's easy enough to work out the details... this is a growing entity, and its been pretty organic so far -

lets let this " settle in" a short while ... an answer will arrive for us no doubt - I for one will consult the Yi Jing ASAP...

and be back tomorrow with a reply...

love to all-Pat