Sign in to follow this  
nordisch

Improving eye sight

Have any of you got experience with eyesight improving practices?

I'm short sighted. I got my first glasses in my twenties about ten years ago. Then every one or two years I needed to get stronger glasses.

Last year I got new glasses again. But I felt uncomfortable wearing them. So, I wore older, weaker glasses or weaker disposable contact lenses. I felt ok with that.

The conventional optician theory though is that you should wear the glasses as measured. I'm thinking that I'd train my eyes by wearing glasses not that strong and thus stop deterioration a bit.

Many years ago I read the book by Aldous Huxley in which he describes the Bates method (mostly palming) and how he improved his eyesight from I think -10 to -5. I never did that practice, though. Perhaps I should. Have any of you tried it?

And then there is the yoga meditation method Tratak where you gaze at a candle. That will water your eyes and it is suppossed to be good for your eyes, too.

It'd be really nice to have good eyes again.Living a modern life watching at the computer screen many hours and reading a lot probably makes that difficult.

I know a number of people who had their eyes lasered but I'm not comfortable with that.

I also heard that spending time in the mountains should be good for the eyes. Probably because you train them again to look far and because of the good air.

www.myopia.org is a good website. If your eyes have grown longer (people with nearsightedness have too long eye balls), they won't grow smaller again. While reading or doing all other nearsighted activities your eyes are being strained, which increase the pressure and make your eye balls longer in a while (like muscles are grown larger by exercise as well) Especially in the modern age (if you consider that our eyes were "made" for a hunting/gather society instead of a modern knowledge based society.

To prevent further damaging to the eyes. Read with reading glasses. Add +3 to your normal glasses. For example if you have -6 D on the left eye and -8 on the right eye. Use glasses of -3+3=-3 on the left eye

and -8+3=-5 on the right eye. In this way you could loose -0.5 D as well (which is could be ereased in this way, but not much further because the rest is caused by a longer eyeball)

I have done mine using taoism methods. From very badly born weak eye sight that cannot even see airplanes flying in the sky or even reading the road signs. Now I can see the stars and read road signs and much better! This is done by doing taoism practise and using FU for curing eye sight problem.

If you need any help you can PM me, things can get improved by using FU too.

www.myopia.org is a good website. If your eyes have grown longer (people with nearsightedness have too long eye balls), they won't grow smaller again. While reading or doing all other nearsighted activities your eyes are being strained, which increase the pressure and make your eye balls longer in a while (like muscles are grown larger by exercise as well)
That may possibly be true...

However, when I had a temporary instant healing, I don't think my eyeball length shortened, yet I was somehow able to see perfectly clearly. Which is what really blew my mind!

Anyhow, there's already a thread on this here.

However, when I had a temporary instant healing, I don't think my eyeball length shortened, yet I was somehow able to see perfectly clearly. Which is what really blew my mind!

Me too! Years ago I took a week-long residential shiatsu retreat. Giving and receiving shiatsu every day, intense Rajneesh-style meditations, no caffeine, no sugar, no dairy (argh! how did I live through it!). When I got out, I could see clearly from 30 feet the wall menu that had been blurry at ten feet before. The effect gradually faded over the next week as I reassumed all my addictions (and probably tensed back up again). I've always been more willing to wear contacts than to give up sugar and caffeine.

Something for astigmatism. There is an NMT (Neuro Muscular Therapy) technique done on the eye muscles with Q-tips that apparently eliminated my astigmatism, which had been fairly bad before I did that, and has been unnoticable therafter. The work didn't change my prescription otherwise though.

Also, wearing contacts may slow down or stop the progress of myopia. I've got theories why that might be true, but no facts, other than it seems to have worked for me. I have noticed I use my eye muscles more naturally when wearing contacts than when wearing glasses� turning my eyes when wearing contacts, but with glasses, turning my whole head to focus, not looking out of the corners of my eyes. Using computers and reading books really freezes up the eyes�very limited motion, glasses or not. Consider the difference between how you use your eyes looking at a computer versus how you'd be using them walking through a jungle!

Edited by cheya

Something for astigmatism. There is an NMT (Neuro Muscular Therapy) technique done on the eye muscles with Q-tips that apparently eliminated my astigmatism, which had been fairly bad before I did that, and has been unnoticable therafter. The work didn't change my prescription otherwise though.

Also, wearing contacts may slow down or stop the progress of myopia. I've got theories why that might be true, but no facts, other than it seems to have worked for me. I have noticed I use my eye muscles more naturally when wearing contacts than when wearing glasses

I'm very interested about more information about that NMT for astigmatism.

I read somewhere that the hard type of contact lenses can help against myopia better than the soft type.

Edited by Hardyg

Both myself and several of my friends have all improved our eyesight with the use of LSD. Don't know how reproduceable our results were, but there were at least 3 of us who all scored higher on our eye exams after about a year of regular LSD use. (This was about 10 years ago and my eyesight is still 20/20 today. Used to need reading glasses as a child.)

Love,

Carson :D

editted for grammar

Edited by CarsonZi

I am some kind of bookworm who reads hundred of books a year, yet never do I worry about any deterioration of my eyesight . The fact is: Based on the Taoist jing-qi-shen theory , reading is an activity which consumes a lot of shen and jing , and, it all relies on small amount of pre-heavenly jing plus what we absorb daily , post-heavenly from food to keep it going .However, definitely daily food can't make our eyesight always healthy and strong ; likely in their 40's ,most people get their eyesight deteriorated . It is only by Taoist practice that we can forever have a pair of sharp eyes without any worries .

Sek Tai (石泰), the famous Taoist 2nd Master of the South -school , was said to be capable of passing a string through a needle's hole in his 80's because he himself always does sewing jobs. We can say that all Taoist master have a pair of clear and piercing eyes.

Edited by exorcist_1699

I'm very interested about more information about that NMT for astigmatism.

The NMT eye treatment isn't "for" astigmatism, but it can have an effect, since it relaxes and rebalances the muscles around the eyes, thus potentially changing the pulls of the various muscles which may be distorting the surface of the eye and causing astigmatism. In the training, we were told to warn patients they might have a change in prescription, and make sure they were willing for that to happen. (Some aren't.)

It's a simple technique, one you can do on yourself, but you would have to be shown by someone trained, not only to make sure you do it effectively, but also to avoid damaging your eye.

Find a local NMT and make sure they've learned the eye work before you schedule. I was trained in the St. John NMT method, and don't actually know if other trainings do that protocol.

Eye circles are another good way to rebalance eye muscles.

Edited by cheya

This might be a little off-topic, but can you mess up your eyes to much if you are sitting at the computer 4 hours a day?

If you have an old CRT monitor then yes those things dish out loads of radiation and can mess your eyes up. 4 hours isn't too bad though, when I was working I had 2 CRT monitors that I'd stare at from 8am till 5:30pm non stop then come home and get on my computer here and stay on till 6pm-11pm. Although at home I have a nice LCD monitor that uses less power and doesn't dish out radiation if it does then very lil (sorry can't remember too well how they work anymore) My eyes actually stabilized for the first time in my life despite the massive increase in computer use.

If you feel your eyes getting strained from staring at the screen maybe best to take a break from the computer :)

http://www.accommotrac.com/

I've done it and it works.

learningpoblems.jpg
highly motivated patients that have started with 20/400 vision end up with 20/40... Although not everyone reaches a perfect 20/20, 90 percent notice a marked vision improvement
Interesting, how does this machine work and what are the sessions like? And can you buy this machine? Or do you have to find one in your area?

Is there also some way you could simulate the training on your own without a machine?

learningpoblems.jpgInteresting, how does this machine work and what are the sessions like? And can you buy this machine? Or do you have to find one in your area?

Is there also some way you could simulate the training on your own without a machine?

You need to find someone with the machine.

Biofeed back is involved.

You learn to relax your eyes - You focus on a letter without focusing.

It's keyed into a sound that become a higher pitch the more you relax.

peripheral vision is also involved to some extent.

At one point I actually felt the muscle behind my eye stretch - something like adjusting a telescope.

Try blinking and looking at a word - notice how it is clearer for an instant.

This is because your eye muscle is relaxed and focuses automatically.

It a letting go process - there is no formula for doing it. You learn from experience with the machine.

Re simulation on your own without a machine - you can do this once you experience the process

I have a lot of experience with this.

First, if you simply take off your minus lenses, and spend as much time without them as is humanly possible, you'll get an improvement right away. It usually only takes about 1 hour to 2 days to see a marked improvement.

Secondly, I believe that the body is not just some dumb matter that gets stuck. The body has a way to refashion itself based on how flexible the mind is. So I firmly believe that myopia can be cured completely at any age. BUT.... and this is a big but... you must be dedicated!

To cure myopia, you don't have to rely on the physicalist explanations of phenomena, such as how the lens works and what shape the eyeball is, etc. It's just like when you play tennis, you don't need to know the ins and outs of the function of calcium in your bones -- that's just a distraction. What you need to know is how it feels to serve the ball correctly, etc. You don't need to know what happens to the ligaments, etc. -- that's the western, mechanical-engineering approach. The body is beyond mechanical engineering.

If you rely only on the physicalist explanations, then something like www.myopia.org is the best you can get, because it stays within the bounds of the physicalist mindset -- and it's only obvious why, the guy was studying electrical engineering. He's an engineer by profession and thinks that everything is like an engineering problem to be solved with an engineering approach. That's not to say myopia.org is bad. But it IS very limited.

To cure myopia you have to develop a different relationship with the world, and with visions in particular. Think about it -- many people read books, but not all develop myopia. Many people use computer 24/7, but not all develop myopia. Why not? That's because those people have a different relationship with the world. Consider this: I developed myopia when I was 5, pretty much before I read anything! How? Why? Obviously not from reading. Not from computers. I had perfect vision though! I remember seeing clearly when I was a child (I have memories from 3 and younger). Something happened in my mind to create a rejection or fear of the world. After this my vision worsened.

I can probably write a whole book about this.

Long story short... relax. Relax. And... after you overcome the fear of seeing, the second issue for me has been, I no longer care about seeing. So once the fear is gone, I was like, "OK, I am not afraid, but I have no interest... blah". Ok, so then the interest must be restored too. You have to have the right attitude to see clearly:

1. Interested and playfully curious.

2. NOT obsessed (no attachment).

3. Not scared (no aversion).

Often one psychodynamic shows elements that go hand in hand: obsession for example can be the result of fear. So if I am afraid I might get attacked by a monster, I am obsessed with seeing that monster before it comes... Thus I overfocus. It can become an ingrained habit. Etc.

A different person can have a different psychodynamic going on. Some people refuse to see the world at all. These people's vision cannot be corrected AT ALL, by ANY lens. You give them minus lens, and the eye lens over-flattens to get back to the blurry state. You give them plus lens, and the lens over-focuses. You try to correct one type of astigmatism and another quickly appears. So in this case, there is a very strong determination not to see, and no instruments and no lens can fix this even a little bit. This is rare, but it happens sometimes.

So watch yourself. Be kind to yourself. Be a little playful. Be interested and don't be scared. Walk around without the lenses and enjoy. Don't become desperate to see. Gently and carefully gaze. Don't strain. Blink and gaze. And just really enjoy yourself. Don't judge your vision. Don't say "blah, this is all fuzzy garbage... I cannot succeed.... this is hopeless ,etc." Do not say that to yourself. Learn to enjoy how you are and at the same time know firmly that you will get better. And you will feel a big improvement soon. The first improvement comes quickly, so it will give you a lot of faith that the process works. Allow yourself to explore.

From my experience the only limit to this is reverting back to bad habits. For me, it was that I became scared of seeing too clearly. I thought I had done the impossible and it must have been a hallucination or I was going crazy. I made myself go back to fuzzy because this is closer to "reality" in my idiotic mindset. Later I overcame that problem, but another problem appeared.... I just didn't give a damn. Etc... So I would give up, lose interest in gazing, etc... I'd get lazy and put big minus lenses on, etc.

My prescription is -9, but I wear -5.5. You should do this too. Get yourself a weaker prescription first. Improve your vision as I described. But you must remember to constantly go to weaker and weaker prescriptions and don't give up. If you persist, don't give up, you will for sure, definitely overcome myopia. Just don't get lazy or scared and revert yourself to strong minus prescription. Keep those for emergencies and avoid using them.

Eyesight is crucial for absorbing knowledge ,yet most people 's eyesight deteriorate from their 40's. And, as their age advance, they become less and less relying on reading to absorb new knowledge and make judgment , but more and more on their previous experience . Of course it is loss to them . Just consider if an aged 80 guys who not only has 80 years' experience behind him , but still can read hundred pages of information a day as a youngster does , how powerful a mind, how good a judgment it can be.

There are many trivial ,scientific ways to delay the deterioration of our eyesight ,yet the fundamental solution definitely can only come from the Taoist practice.

Edited by exorcist_1699

When I was a kid my vision was off-the-charts good and then at 15 (?) we were travelling through England and went to Church at the Westminster Abbey and, it's a big place so I was using my long vision and the organ music was playing and the chorus was singing and at that moment my long vision in my left eye became slightly compromised and stayed that way for the rest of my life.

I thought it pretty odd that it could just happen like that, but there you have it. It wasn't until recently that I've grokked why that is and it wasn't until reading this thread that I realized I might be able to *very* easily change it.

My vision is still pretty good on the whole... I don't have to wear glasses and but I'd still love to get my old eyesight back or at least 20/20...

I'm not willing to put lots of time or lots of energy into it. I'll email Mak Tin Si to get more details... if it's easy and affordable, I might go that route.

Thanks for a great thread!

Your pal,

Yoda

I thought it pretty odd that it could just happen like that, but there you have it. It wasn't until recently that I've grokked why that is and it wasn't until reading this thread that I realized I might be able to *very* easily change it.

That's the interesting part! Don't stop now! :D

Because I can't grasp this fear-of-the-world-idea. I love seeing clearly, and I love not using glasses. What psychological factor could possibly still be active? My myopia began in school, started with 10 years age I think. I have (of course) changed so much to the positive since then, but not even a little improvement in eyesight. When I want to see clearly for a few seconds, I don't do it psychologically, but with concentrating on seeing clearly.

The more you go without glasses or contacts, you'll start to realize vision has a dynamic quality and you can make some connections with what internal and external physical and psychological factors help you see more clearly. It can be as simple or as complicated as you want it to be, simply being more visually engaged with your environment is a great presence and body awareness practice.

That's the interesting part! Don't stop now!

Well, I'm not interested in investing time or money on the project at the moment, so it's for another day!

Well, I'm not interested in investing time or money on the project at the moment, so it's for another day!

Actually I was hoping for some more information about what's so simple to fix and what it is that can trigger myopia.

My eyes have been tearing up a lot lately and leaving salt around my eyelids as they evaporate off. And also forming lots of mucous. I wonder if my eyes are detoxing...or is this just allergies?

My eyes have been tearing up a lot lately and leaving salt around my eyelids as they evaporate off. And also forming lots of mucous. I wonder if my eyes are detoxing...or is this just allergies?

After an intense practice of Chilel Qigong for about 5 months, I had similar symptoms along with fading vision. An energetic evaluation done by my chi kung teacher did not show any imbalance. He suggested it could be a passing thing but it persisted for more than 2 months. Then I ran into Jeannie Garner, one of the original Kundalini Reiki teachers and lo! what an amazing lady. She fixed it in a whiff - heaven knows what she did...eyes felt normal overnight. She even teaches for free and purely for the love of it.

My cousin who studies with Santiago ran into similar issues last month and Santiago was able to diagonize his issue through an email! He saw a protein deficiency and taking more proteins fixed it. Michael Winn writes many places about eyes being primary areas affected in case of an energetic imbalance, or as you said, they are just allergies ...

Edited by SiliconValley

Sign in to follow this