sean

What are you listening to?

I'm glad to see you guys are interested in Finnish music. Finland is actually one of the "Three Capitals" of music. The vast, vast majority of music in the world comes from Norway, Sweden and Finland (the Three Capitals). Finnish music is unbelievably good, no matter the genre. Here is a video from possibly the best-selling and highest-grossing band to ever come out of Finland, having sold Platinum and Gold all over the world; in other words, they are one of the best bands to ever grace this beautiful earth.

This song I posted is so uplifting and powerful that I've actually heard about people crying the first time they heard this song--because they were so much moved by the grandeur and genius of this song.

Please watch the whole performance, and don't skip through any of it, just watch the beauty unfold; you'll be blown away.

edit: I just wanted to add a comment written by someone on Youtube that I just noticed under this video:

Comment by Berra Ersoy:

"This song and its lyrics cannot belong with this world, it certainly comes from another heaven. Such a masterpiece is too much for this world, i think."

Edited by Neophyte
  • Like 2

Right now I'm listening to the random sounds coming from my 2 week old baby boy. He's a bit spoiled so he doesn't sleep well unless mama or I are holding him :) Beats the crap out of any music I've heard...except maybe this

but don't tell mama lol.
  • Like 1

Shady Grove. Yes, one of America's traditional songs.

Actually, I learned of the song late in my musical experience with the cover from these guys:

Rockabilly musician and friend Charlie Feathers called Kimbrough "the beginning and end of all music." This is written on Kimbrough's tombstone outside his family's church, the Kimbrough Chapel Missionary Baptist Church near Holly Springs.

I'm listening to these guys this morning:

• Like 1

here at school i have been focusing on the classics lately. right here , right now, thru nature, not too fast and not too slow

real bluze

• Like 1