sean

What are you listening to?

I'm listening to The Yardbirds this morning even though in the "Whining" thread I said I was listening to Hank Williams Sr.

Did you know that both Eric Clapton and Jeff Beck got their start in the music scene as members of that group?

Did you know that the final line-up of artists of the group called themselves "The New Yardbirds" for their first couple live appearances before cutting their first studio album? The new name for the group for their first album was Led Zeppelin.

artist Portugal. The Man

album Evil Friends

another con to Google Play Music All Access, i emailed them about how their subscription fees get diverted to actually support artists, and they said they "didn't have that information"

ahaha google not having information.. sure

so there is no transparency like with last.fm and spotify, which pay on a per play basis, and have information available online about their rate of pay etc

Yes, that bad, and no, I done mean in a good way - just bad.

This is my morning music today:

Savages - Shut up - from Silence Yourself

its been years since i listened to a single album for so long... completely amazing

Oh theres always room for Massive Attack... nice up yourself with the Bristol sound

and the new Sigur Ros is GREAT, with a heavy dark industrial feel that is balanced perfectly by the ethereal strangeness they are known for.. its called Kveikur

Dude, The Cloud Atlas Sextet, from the movie "The Cloud Atlas" is awesome.

New Daft Punk record is pretty good too.

Damned by Chuck Palahniuk. Not a song, it's a audio book by the author of Fight Club. It's strange and fearlessly written.

• Like 1

big up audiobooks!

i liked that daft punk album before it blew up.. now i can't walk down the street without hearing get lucky.. its a good song but i dont want to hear it 50x a day

Coati Mundi

Que Pasa / Me No Pop I

big up audiobooks!

i liked that daft punk album before it blew up.. now i can't walk down the street without hearing get lucky.. its a good song but i dont want to hear it 50x a day

Coati Mundi

Que Pasa / Me No Pop I

My 16 y.o loves Daft Punk. Burning Man events are filled with its electric rhythm. Not my cup of soup though. Give me folk or classic rock.

• Like 1