Mal

Corrupt a Wish.

Observe into the "feeling" of how people reply and psot up there before you comment though. Can you feel how happy they are when they are "destroying" other's wishes?

You are talking about "corrupt a WISH" not "WANTs".

If this is a topic about "WANTS and DESIRE lead to corruption" I am totally agreed and will say "YES" to the topic, but this starter is about corrupting a "wish", which is not good indeed.

When people wish, you bless them with all your best effort as a kind of manner.

When you want or desire, it is the heart devil inside yourself that lead yourself to corruption. Like how some kings like to want more and more money, more and more women, at the end they corrupted themselves and their country and kingdom falls apart. That is nature and something we shall beaware of.

This post here is actually not about this, but promoting people to be "joyful" when you reply and "destroy" other's wish by going around some loop-holes. With many sometimes some rediculous reasons too.

If you want to defend, read the above replys and feel their heart before you choose where to stand. I totally do not feel what you said about these replys. Maybe I am bad at reading, haha!

Mak Tin Si

Observe into the "feeling" of how people reply and psot up there before you comment though. Can you feel how happy they are when they are "destroying" other's wishes?

You are talking about "corrupt a WISH" not "WANTs".

If this is a topic about "WANTS and DESIRE lead to corruption" I am totally agreed and will say "YES" to the topic, but this starter is about corrupting a "wish", which is not good indeed.

When people wish, you bless them with all your best effort as a kind of manner.

When you want or desire, it is the heart devil inside yourself that lead yourself to corruption. Like how some kings like to want more and more money, more and more women, at the end they corrupted themselves and their country and kingdom falls apart. That is nature and something we shall beaware of.

This post here is actually not about this, but promoting people to be "joyful" when you reply and "destroy" other's wish by going around some loop-holes. With many sometimes some rediculous reasons too.

If you want to defend, read the above replys and feel their heart before you choose where to stand. I totally do not feel what you said about these replys. Maybe I am bad at reading, haha!

Mak Tin Si

Well - I think a sense of humor is important - and Mal said 'be evil' - but no wish to offend anyone so I'm out.

A sense of humor is good when you use it right. Sometimes we always miss out some "details" in life that lead us to unstopping and looping bad karma generations. You can try to think about at how you feel in the deep heart when you are first replying to this post and giving the "corruption", you may realize that you already got some horns growing at the top of your head.

I can say, oh, let's smoke and pretend to be so cool one day. Just for fun, just for some laughs. Well, by the time you put that cigarrete in your mouth, you started to smoke already and the stuff inside is turning you into a mosnter soon and you cannot quit smoking... that is what happen to most people nowadays. They do not care because mistakes are so minor, so they ignore it.

But hey, that's life, we are full of greeds, bad karma and all dirty mind. That is why when we train and cultivate in taoism, we must be alert 24/7 to reduce all these to the minimum and learn our lessons before they get very serious. Yes, you are not putting the "corruptions" into actions, it's just a post, but what if that "heart devil" start to build up inside your sub-consious.. then after a year or so, you build up that personality and used it at work? at your kids? what happen then? We learn to minimize our bad karma to avoid tragedy happening in the future.

I wish you all the best and understand that I am a taoist, I know because I see and experiement through it. I am seeing many students having this problem through out their life too. So it's time to get alert if you are willing or want to try cultivating in taoism. If not, you are just putting a mask over your face to hide the real face of yourself by putting some cosmetics over your words.

I know I am too serious, but Taoism is my profession, how can I not be serious?

Mak TIn Si

I see it as training in observing the yin/yang interplay of reality. For every event there is also a balancing counterpart. Like "No one gets sick - overpopulation and death by starvation". It is not a fantasy but a possible reality. It could be an exercise in using your wisdom eye if you use it properly. If you get a pleasure from doing that, then maybe you should not participate.

Buddha told some of his students to go to the graveyard and observe the decomposing corpses. Does it mean he is focused on negative and instead should have payed attention to a wonderful process of birth (watching new born babies)?

Edited by Smile

I wish you all the best and understand that I am a taoist, I know because I see and experiement through it. I am seeing many students having this problem through out their life too. So it's time to get alert if you are willing or want to try cultivating in taoism. If not, you are just putting a mask over your face to hide the real face of yourself by putting some cosmetics over your words.

I know I am too serious, but Taoism is my profession, how can I not be serious?

Mak TIn Si

I see where you are coming from Mak Tin Si and as I say I have already withdrawn so as not to offend - but there are all sorts of humor in this world and humor is a natural thing, sometimes a reaction to hardship and stress, sometimes a way of turning the world on its head and shaking up how we habitually see things. I am kind of surprised that as a Taoist you don't get this. But maybe its me that doesn't understand.

I see Corrupt a Wish as humorous, but more importantly it hammers down the message, be happy w/ what you have.

I want this, I want that..Shhhh, this turns into that- turns into something else. Be happy w/ what you have.

Michael

Maybe lets make something clear, you are talking about "desire" and not "wish"

When you formally "wish" in taoism, the word "wish" contains the Wu-Wei feeling inside your mind. So when you wish you cannot expect the wish to come true anyway. If you have the expectation to the wish, then the wish is not a wish anymore, it is a "want" or a "desire" instead.

So when you are in front of the altar, praying and wishing. here is what happen...

(this is what I teach to my students all the time)

"I wish that I can get well soon" - okay, but you cannot expect to get well right away or put a time to it, then the wish will come true by itself.

"I wish that I can have $1000 in 7 days" -- this is not a wish, this is a want because you are having some "desire" in there and you are wanting something instead of wishing.

So here we are "wanting" not "wishing".

To be humorous is good, but put it in a good way that do not generate bad karma.

Buddha tell people to observe the grave is not a problem, but it doesn't relate to what we are talking about here with the problem. Observing the grave do not generate bad karma. Because they also do prayings and chantings for the dead every evening as their homework, so when monks go observe the corps in the daytime, they do the chantings and funeral ceremonies for them at night (all temples are like that) so it is indeed a good karma generating practise for them.

You must know the whole story before judging. Do you practise buddhism? You know what buddhist practise everyday asd their homework?

I can tell you that as taoist, we do morning and evening rites everyday as our practise. Morning we chant and do scriptures for empowering our linkage to the deities and lineage. At night the ceremony is for settling the dead and helping them to move onto the next world. This is our daily homework. So it is of course not a problem for use to visit grave and observe the dead, because we "CHIU DO" for them all the time too. It's a good karma instead.

I do not see what good karma is being generated here with "corrupting a wish".

Mak Tin Si

:), you're right. It might be better called Corrupt a Desire, but no one is really putting down a deep personal wish..something along the lines of 'I wish my uncle was free from cancer' and it being answered by 'Granted, his hospital fees bankrupt you and then he runs over your dog'

Out of the blue, it would be cruel, but in this context there's a gentle wisdom and humor in it (IMHO).

Try it, you might change your mind and get a smile out of it; and the next time someone says to you 'I wish..' you might smile even more.

My 2 cents

Michael

I get your humor part, but the bad karma generated even overwhelm everything.

Let's say if someone is joking aruond with the deities name in taoism or buddhism, and they put it in a talk show, selling DVD and making fun out of the deities's stories and stuff. What is that ? humor or bad karma? If you are a taoist, you are doomed. Full of bad karma from the mind, mouth and body right at that because of "disrespecting the deities", so maybe all your taoism stuff will not work in return!

Things can get very serious sometimes, just that you do not realize it because it have not happen yet. Doens't mean you can tolerate it to do more bad karma, right?

Mak Tin Si

also, when you wish your uncle can be free from cancer, you cannot expect anything in return. You can only do your best to "wish" and wait. Whatever happen is fate, you cannot whine or complain about it. so there is nothing to corrupt because there is not results expected.

Let's say if someone is joking aruond with the deities name in taoism or buddhism, and they put it in a talk show, selling DVD and making fun out of the deities's stories and stuff. What is that ? humor or bad karma? If you are a taoist, you are doomed. Full of bad karma from the mind, mouth and body right at that because of "disrespecting the deities", so maybe all your taoism stuff will not work in return!

We're not going after Taoist Deities yet :).

In mixed company one should not insult anothers religion, but your superstitions are not mine. I respect your beliefs and traditions enough not bad mouth them and to learn what I can from them, but our joking is not infringing on your religious beliefs.

My traditions honors humor. Gentle self mocking and shared inside jokes bond us and keep our egos in check. Its not a bad thing. Try it (or not), gently humorously try it, answer a Corrupt a Desire. Maybe you'll see the value within it, or maybe you won't.

Yours

Michael

I have seen some ridiculous conversations on the Taobums. But this is probably the most ridiculous conversation I have ever heard. Not too far from people get hot and bothered over Harry Potter or Dungeons and Dragons leading people to the devil.

Mak Tin Si: Seriously, lighten up. Take a break from trying to save the world according to your paradigm and take a walk outside. Breath air. Laugh. Live a little.

I get your humor part, but the bad karma generated even overwhelm everything.

To get this baby back on track:

You fly. Your flight confounds scientists and undermines the basics of physics. Science and technology grind to a halt. Thanks to you, we all end up living in caves. :angry:

I wish I could have lucid dreams whenever I wanted.

Granted. Massive layoffs in the entertainment business as all the reality TV shows, movies, documentaries are canceled due to being boring and predictable.

Granted. You see so much horror and injustice in the world with no salvation in sight that you go back to the mountain retreat and spend all your remaining days teaching a few who care.

I wish I could fly.

Here's a twofer

I wish I could stop wishing.

Granted.

You have 2 wishes left.

I wish I could have lucid dreams whenever I want.

Granted.

Your lucid dreams become so enjoyable and happen so often your real life suffers.

I wish we had a moon base and flying cars.

Granted. Resources used for same cause unprecedented destruction of earthly resources and pollution. Earth becomes uninhabitable. Humanity temporarily takes shelter at the moon base, until some idiot is talking on his video phone and drives into the protective glass dome, shattering it. Everyone asphyxiates.

I wish for a thousand wishes that have to be granted.

Here's a twofer

Granted.

You have 2 wishes left.

I wish I could have lucid dreams whenever I want.

Granted.

Your lucid dreams become so enjoyable and happen so often your real life suffers.

I wish we had a moon base and flying cars.

Come on guy, use some time and digest my post before replying so fast with your hands.

Karma is part of the nature and it is law of nature too, cause and effect. It have absolutely nothing to do with religious practise here that I am pointing out. But you are doing bad karma with your mouth and mind. Can't you just accept the truth with realization of tao? The Tao is here, it is simple, but you do not accept the truth now by ignoring it and saying it is "superstitious" and "religious" to believe karma exsist? Great! What a nice start with taoism to try and ignore karma here!

Not to be mean, but you gotta wake up if you are pulling all the pillow over your head and try to tell me "karma is sleeping". haha!

It's not me not lightening up, its you being more and more evil into tao now. Promotion of doing bad karma with your mouth, mind, and body. What a nice promotion that we should support eh? I cannot believe what is more rediculous than that and people are happy abuot being "evil" as told up in the topic header!? wow! a bunch of "evil tao" here eh?

Mak Tin Si

this is a post transfer from : http://www.daoismworld.com/forumbb/viewtop...p?f=4&t=436

"just to share"...

Where does our karma comes from? where is it generated from?

OUR ACTIONS..

Karma cames from 3 different sources : verbal (mouth), physical (body), mind (thinking)

When we have any problems in life, we shall always try to categorize the problem into these three categories and try to find out WHY you have this problem.

Let's say your mouth and lips start to crack all of a sudden.. why? This fall into the "mouth karma" category, so watch out for your mouth karma! maybe you are doing lots of bad deeds with your mouth nowadays that you did not realize.

Now maybe you are : talking behind people's back.. gossiping too much with people about non-sense.. not enough virtues in talking.. swearing alot? saying things that are not suppose to say?

Time to do some self-reflection guys!

Whenever you have problems in life, do not blame it on other things, try to find the cause in yourself first before blaming other things!

Granted. Resources used for same cause unprecedented destruction of earthly resources and pollution. Earth becomes uninhabitable. Humanity temporarily takes shelter at the moon base, until some idiot is talking on his video phone and drives into the protective glass dome, shattering it. Everyone asphyxiates.

I wish for a thousand wishes that have to be granted.

Granted but you only have 2 seconds to make every single wish :P

I wish there was no need to make wishes.

Granted. You're turned into a plant.

I wish I could go back when I was 16, and do it all over again with all my knowledge and mental abilities I have now.

Granted but you only have 2 seconds to make every single wish :P

I wish there was no need to make wishes.

btw of false speech, you said you won't bomb us with threads... i see at least 4 of them just today

you already created a bad image, it's very hard to erase it now

also you lost face

Edited by Little1

btw of false speech, you said you won't bomb us with threads... i see at least 4 of them just today

an the winner is ....:

winnerj.jpg

YM

I wish I wasn't continually in the top 10 posters list :)

Granted but now people derail your joke thread with serious discussions :huh:

I wish I had posted this in off topic :lol: