Sign in to follow this  
Spirit Ape

Who is a Christian here and believes in JESUS CHRIST?

Sorry to dissapoint you guys, but it seems that Christianity was/is the same as all the paths of cultivation... Whether you speak about Taoism, Buddhism, Shamanism, Islam, Masonry, whatever, you have to go thru a series of ritual steps that create a sort of a bond between the disciple and the path.

Then comes the practice, neigong or whatnot.

First you need a teacher.

Otherwise we are not on the path, we are walking aside it.

It's like being a doctor. You need to get through a school, pass a lot of tests, earn some diplomas etc etc.

If you still like one of those paths, or more, you should consider yourself a free-thinker, that's a more honest label, if you like labeling -ISM's.

You cannot be a Christian without being baptised, it's in the code. Every path has a code that determines whether the person is inside the path or outside it. And there is a lot more to it.

The same with Jesus. Jeshuah. He was an arab. Every age paints Him differently. In the Middle ages he had funny medieval clothes, in the 20th century he looks like a blue-eyed handsome American. Like they say in the movies: "Nigga' please..."

If you had the real photo of Jesus (which it's do-able, i think, due to some crazy technology that the Vatican seems to possess)...

I don't think his face would match up to your dreams of Him :lol:

Otherwise this can be called self-taught semidoctism...

That is, do-it-yourself-paste-it-with-ducktape-to-make-it-work kind of a guy...

^_^

E,

Edited by Little1

The same with Jesus. Jeshuah. He was an arab. Every age paints Him differently. In the Middle ages he had funny medieval clothes, in the 20th century he looks like a blue-eyed handsome American. Like they say in the movies: "Nigga' please..."

If you had the real photo of Jesus (which it's do-able, i think, due to some crazy technology that the Vatican seems to possess)...

I don't think his face would match up to your dreams of Him laugh.gif

Indeed not:

365131928326.jpg

Source: http://www.giveshare.org/BibleStudy/217.realfaceofjesus.html

I also find anecdotic the Buddha being depicted as a God or a fat laughing man (this last one is a Chinese abomination):

31127600666.gif

358332297031.jpg

I share the approach of smashing Buddha images, if you happen to find one, derived from this popular Zen motto:

"If you find the Buddha, kill the Buddha," (Linji Yixuan).

;)

I can't ascribe to the religion of Christianity at all. I've tried, in many ways. It was how I was raised, but it seems to me impossible to call yourself a Christian unless you accept a ton of mythology that goes along with it on blind faith. I just can't do it. I am, admittedly, jaded.

As for Jesus, himself, I can accept that he was probably a Boddhisattva, in Buddhist terms. My understanding is that there were a lot of people vying for the title of "Messiah" at the time. He happened to win out.

Edited by Bruce

I think that Jesus was a very enlightened person, and although I was raised a Christian, I don't usually call myself one. Ghandi said, "I am a Christian, a Hindu, a Muslim, and a Jew." This kind of reflects my view that all religions are essentially the same.

We are trying to attain the Tao, Hindu's are trying to be at one with Bhraman (which just so happens to be the underlying reality that pervades the entire universe. Sounds alot like Tao huh?), and Christ was trying to show us that we are all "Sons of God." (I happen to think that Christ was leaving the idea of the Jewish personal God and going more towards the idea of the all-encompassing reality that truly is God)

Ghandi also said that he thought Christ was great, but Christians were where the problem lies. By the way, the notion that Christ was born of a virgin is a lie. The original Hebrew texts say that Mary was a "young girl", and the later Christian translators apparently thought it would be a good idea to interpret this as "virgin." Anyway, I believe in Christ no differently than I believe in Buddha or Shankara for that matter. They are all great men who realized the highest enlightenment, and although they said it in different ways, they were all essentially talking about the same thing.

Sorry to dissapoint you guys, but it seems that Christianity was/is the same as all the paths of cultivation... Whether you speak about Taoism, Buddhism, Shamanism, Islam, Masonry, whatever, you have to go thru a series of ritual steps that create a sort of a bond between the disciple and the path.

Then comes the practice, neigong or whatnot.

First you need a teacher.

Otherwise we are not on the path, we are walking aside it.

It's like being a doctor. You need to get through a school, pass a lot of tests, earn some diplomas etc etc.

If you still like one of those paths, or more, you should consider yourself a free-thinker, that's a more honest label, if you like labeling -ISM's.

You cannot be a Christian without being baptised, it's in the code. Every path has a code that determines whether the person is inside the path or outside it. And there is a lot more to it.

I don't think his face would match up to your dreams of Him :lol:

Otherwise this can be called self-taught semidoctism...

That is, do-it-yourself-paste-it-with-ducktape-to-make-it-work kind of a guy...

^_^

E,

Baptism is not a necessity. No rituals needed to believe.

I can't ascribe to the religion of Christianity at all. I've tried, in many ways. It was how I was raised, but it seems to me impossible to call yourself a Christian unless you accept a ton of mythology that goes along with it on blind faith. I just can't do it. I am, admittedly, jaded.

As for Jesus, himself, I can accept that he was probably a Boddhisattva, in Buddhist terms. My understanding is that there were a lot of people vying for the title of "Messiah" at the time. He happened to win out.

It's rather simple until people complicate things and it's a rather boring life if you let others dictate what you do isnt it?

My beliefs are common in some ways but differ so much that most christians argue with me.

Jesus was a nice Jewish boy who learned Buddhist ideas in his travels and applied them to the then - "modernizations" of Roman input... He was trying to throw off the Roman yoke and assert a more open-hearted sort of Judaism that encluded Buddhist ideas.... He may have well been a Lama - and the 3 wise men Buddhist priests who came in search of him after his rebirth - just as they still do today -in Tibet...

One thing seems pretty sure to me - he would NOT be thrilled with a faith naming him as its savior being based in ROME!!! :o

This thread reminds me of this famous quote;

Buddah might not have been a Christian, but Jesus would have made a good Buddhist.

:)

or a fat laughing man (this last one is a Chinese abomination):

358332297031.jpg

I like the fat laughing Buddha's, I have one on my desk. They are just symbols.

and thanks for the image of Jesus, he has cool eyes :)

:lol: if it helps I put Taoist on the census forms

:lol: they'll probably consider you a religous taoist, like, whoo was he, Mak_Tin_Si?

Was this guy a unix uxer? why the underscores

:lol:

I like the fat laughing Buddha's, I have one on my desk. They are just symbols...

I am not criticising you for that (maybe yes :lol: ). I also wear a ba gua pendant on my neck. And honestly means nothing (or maybe not :P ).

For any JC fans who are into channeling, the book "Anna grandmother of Jesus" is a total blast and an absolute must-read!! Per that book, JC studies in Egypt, England, and the Himalayas and Anna and Mary are full Phoenix Body masters who ascended directly to heaven like Elija. They said that the "men's Peter-based Christianity" (so to speak) has had its day and now the women's version of Christianity is on the rise.

The book agrees with the written accounts of friction between Mary M and Peter: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Magdalene#Gospel_of_Mary

Minkus,

What do you feel is what JESUS was practicing with his Neigung?

Jesus Neigung system.....:)

Ape

I'm not so sure that you can prove where neigong came from.

Deleted (sorry over-enthusiastic reply)

Edited by rex

I read a book by Thomas Merton once. Can't remember what it was called. It seemed to me that he and those in his order of contemplative monks saw Jesus and Christianity in quite a different light than the stereotypical fundamentalist Bible thumper. Merton was a Franciscan monk if I recall. Respect.

The bible seems to be a pretty poorly thrown- together assembly of disparate teachings stemming from many cultures ... Ur to Judea and then added to by Emperor Constantines' minions to create a religion to hold together his empire...

I do not see a strong link between the teachings of the Rabbi Jesus- now known as The Christ and the Bible's portrayal of those teachings - It seems to me that Gnostic teachings may be actually closer to the words uttered by Jesus as he strove to rid Judea of the Roman influences... And I believe him to have beeen heavily influenced by Buddhism ( 500 years old in his day), as well as a most profound adherence to Judaic laws...

But perhaps I'm just too into reading many sources that refute the bible as anything worth following - sorry if that offends-

The bible seems to be a pretty poorly thrown- together assembly of disparate teachings stemming from many cultures ... Ur to Judea and then added to by Emperor Constantines' minions to create a religion to hold together his empire...

I do not see a strong link between the teachings of the Rabbi Jesus- now known as The Christ and the Bible's portrayal of those teachings - It seems to me that Gnostic teachings may be actually closer to the words uttered by Jesus as he strove to rid Judea of the Roman influences... And I believe him to have beeen heavily influenced by Buddhism ( 500 years old in his day), as well as a most profound adherence to Judaic laws...

But perhaps I'm just too into reading many sources that refute the bible as anything worth following - sorry if that offends-

My feelings are pretty much the same, and likely for the same reason. :)

Sure, but we're talking about Jesus.

I grew up "Christian" but fell away from all belief systems before I started really looking at things.

Now I see Jesus as the Sufis see him...as one of our own.

Of course his words and works have been distorted as most all religious figures have been.

Could you say something more about how the Sufis see Jesus? I find that very interesting.

Clearly you are not sorry because you came into a topic called Who is a Christian here and believes in JESUS CHRIST but yet you basically assault the following of Jesus. Dont go and say something disrespectful and then try to cover it up with " sorry if that offends".

Basically you stepped into a Rape Victim Therapy session and said " It's karma that got you raped-sorry if that offends."

Clearly you are not sorry because you came into a topic called Who is a Christian here and believes in JESUS CHRIST but yet you basically assault the following of Jesus. Dont go and say something disrespectful and then try to cover it up with " sorry if that offends".

Basically you stepped into a Rape Victim Therapy session and said " It's karma that got you raped-sorry if that offends."

Since I said that I pretty much felt the same way, I will apologize if you were offended by it. Honestly though, if you said you thought that Buddhism was a load of bollocks it wouldn't bother me at all.

Your analogy is spurious at best. that you can read my mind so inacuratly is no surprise though- :D

So, why do you come to a primarily Taoist site and look for a fight? We here add our two cents as we see fit. Unlike doctrainare sites. Did you expect ONLY agreement at a Tao Bum thread? -

and further more I just wrote that I see little to link the bible with Jesus not that I believe the Rabbi to have been a false prophet - The Gnostic teachings are very different than main stream "christian" teachings - and as far as most open minded people see it -the Rabbi had no intention of becoming your messiah...

So- to recap- I see little to connect the teachings of the man we now call jesus with the new testament- so yr whole premiss is just a bag of wind...I do not disparage the prophet -only the main stream churches now associated with his words...

Edited by Wayfarer64

Your analogy is spurious at best. that you can read my mind so inacuratly is no surprise though- :D

So, why do you come to a primarily Taoist site and look for a fight? We here add our two cents as we see fit. Unlike doctrainare sites. Did you expect ONLY agreement at a Tao Bum thread? -

and further more I just wrote that I see little to link the bible with Jesus not that I believe the Rabbi to have been a false prophet - The Gnostic teachings are very different than main stream "christian" teachings - and as far as most open minded people see it -the Rabbi had no intention of becoming your messiah...

So- to recap- I see little to connect the teachings of the man we now call jesus with the new testament- so yr whole premiss is just a bag of wind...I do not disparage the prophet -only the main stream churches now associated with his words...

I do not believe the bible is erroneous. I do believe that certain things have been added and taken away over the years. The problem however is that you came onto this topic specifically looking for trouble which is why you bashed the bible. You came in here a like troll looking to stir the pot. I dont only expect agreement on every thread but considering the topic, I would think that this is for those who believe in Jesus not those who dont and are clearly posting just to start trouble. Who is a Christian here and believes in Jesus Christ? not Who is or isnt a Christian, feel free to start trouble

The analogy was a bit overboard. How about Who here loves the East Coast? and I post "The East Coast is a poorly governed part of the US and was only thrown together for political reasons. It's the same thing, obviously I'm looking for a fight if I post that.

Textbook trolling.

Let me clarify once again. I dont take the Bible as the Erroneous Word of God. I do believe in Jesus although my view of Him is a bit different than most. I'm not aggrevated that you think the Bible is hogwash. I'm aggrevated because you come in here saying that just for shits and giggles. You're an idiot. An insulting, childish idiot. There are ways of doing things and I think you just did it that way to start some shit.

............ You're an idiot. An insulting, childish idiot. There are ways of doing things and I think you just did it that way to start some shit........

mmmm who ever said this: it is better if people say:

I belive you are a idiot! Instead of saying: You are a idiot!

We are free to belive in what ever we want, so we are free to say our belive: like for example: I belive you are a idiot!

But saying just: You are a idiot is not the same:

Remember what the Bible say:

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?searc...&version=9;

God Bless

Jesus.gif

Edited by HugoOlivaresMila

Sign in to follow this