Long Yun

Spring Forest/Alchemy Correllation

After speaking a little with mjjbecker, I decided I'd like to revive this thread.

I have nothing against Spring Forest. I have and really enjoyed the Level One manual. I tried it for a while and I really enjoyed it. But I'm not convinced that it's Alchemy, and I don't feel that I ever got a full answer on this thread.

Can anyone, either proponents of Spring Forest or otherwise, spell it out for me? How does Spring Forest relate the the practice of Internal Alchemy (which consists of Jing/Qi/Shen, Kan and Li, Immortal Fetus, etc)?

Specifically, what exercises relate to each level of Alchemy? (ie, what exercises gather Jing, what exercises transform it into Qi, what exercises gather Qi, what exercises transform it to Shen, etc)

I am in no way dogging this practice. I think it's great. Just not sure if it's alchemy.

Does spring forest chi kung combine yin and yang as in mo pai.

sabretooth

No, not really. From what I've seen, Spring Forest involves harmonizing Yin and Yang, and balancing the body. I think it's different from what I've heard about Mo Pai.

Anyone know what kind of a (minimum) daily time commitment is necessary for the practice of SFQC level one?

Anyone know what kind of a (minimum) daily time commitment is necessary for the practice of SFQC level one?

Good (minimum) - 10 minutes

Better - 30 min. (one chi cycle = 28 min 48 sec)

Best - 2 hours (four chi cycles, one for each season)

The more the better.

This info is from the Level 1 lectures.

The microcosmic orbit is the foundation practice for SFQ and the microcosmic orbit is the only practice used in Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality trans. by Charles Luk. Chunyi Lin has quoted from the book Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality. Chunyi Lin didn't state that he was quoting from the book but I was reading it at the time and had brought it to his qi-emitting lectures a couple times. The references were very specific. Chunyi Lin has used the terms jing and shen and chi but usually he doesn't use the alchemy terms since he keeps the practice as simple as possible. Chunyi Lin has stated that the microcosmic orbit happens naturally by sitting in full-lotus and that 20 minutes of full-lotus is worth 4 hours of any other meditation practice. When Chunyi Lin trained Jim Nance to be a qigong master Jim Nance had to sit in full-lotus for 2 hours straight, non-stop, every night without missing a night. I sit in full-lotus throughout the day but normally in 45 minute sessions and then a break.

Once the third eye opens up then the energy cycles externally as the macrocosmic orbit which means that the alchemy transformation is also based on healing people around you. Traditionally alchemy was practiced in isolation in the mountains with just a teacher supervising the student and this is how Chunyi Lin trained with spending a month in full-lotus, taking no food, no water, and no sleep while in a cave. He currently sits in full-lotus at least 4 hours a day and sleeps just a few hours a night while fasting one day a week and then eating a little veggie meal once a day the rest of the week. So he's practicing alchemy while also healing people all the time. This is what he teaches as well but the level of ability is based on the level of practice. The process is the same no matter what the ability is -- as Chunyi Lin states: Use your consciousness to go into the emptiness.

True emptiness means nirvikalpa samadhi which is only after the microcosmic orbit has opened up the third eye and the body is filled with electromagnetic fields -- the jing has been converted to chi and then the chi converted to shen. So the answer is to just keep practicing without fixating on the conceptual level of who is practicing -- it's just like listening to music and going deeper into the harmonics of the music. The music plays you -- no one is listening -- the yin and yang are literally music harmonics of 2:3 and 3:4 from nonwestern tuning. We exist within consciousness which we can not see but we can listen to consciousness. The full-lotus is just the most efficient yin/yang harmonics for body/mind transformation. As Chunyi Lin says if you want to find out if someone is a real master just see how long they can sit in full-lotus.

If I'm having free energy exchanges through yin-yang transformation with females, I can sit in full-lotus nonstop for hours, until the energy and trance is too deep to be done in public. The bliss jing and the electromagnetic chi builds up so that I see light around people. This is best done while fasting -- as Master Nan, Huai-chin states you can't have both the material and the spiritual. Most modern practitioners fall back into "worldliness" because as the chi builds up then paranormal powers or spiritual powers are achieved (telepathy, telekinesis and precognition). That's before nirvikalpa samadhi or true emptiness is achieved. If the powers are used for healing then the body must be harmonized again or else the mind as ego gets attached to the powers, now disharmonized (the illness of others is taken into the body).

So the full-lotus keeps harmonizing the energy blockages -- it's an impersonal process. Just keep sitting in full-lotus and/or practice the microcosmic orbit until the electromagnetic fields get strong enough to permanently magnetize the pineal gland thereby opening up the macrocosmic orbit. Getting energy transmissions from Chunyi Lin is very helpful in the training which is why he didn't have a personal training course for Level 3 (instead requiring attending his class) -- this is when he touches your forehead to permanently magnetize the pineal gland. After that the level of astral body created depends on how much chi is stored in the body and converted to shen -- and this means not letting others control your energy. This is why Taoist masters train in the mountains or Buddhists train in monasteries -- because after achieving the macrocosmic orbit the energy has to be focused to stay within the body and there has to be a switch from the material (food, lower emotions) to the spiritual (electromagnetic light energy).

As the electromagnetic light energy accumulates it's stored in the lower body but then there is increased risk it will be deconverted back to sex fluid after being deconverted to jing -- this is done by other people having their electromagnetic awareness still subconsciously stuck in their lower chakra, so that the normal male is fixated on creating sex fluid, thereby deconverting your chi and shen back into jing and the back into ejaculation. So the only answer is to keep sitting in full-lotus more and more and thereby taking in other peoples' lower emotional energy blockages while shooting electromagnetic energy into the other people, a process which then naturally converts the material body of the full-lotus practitioner into shen or spirit-light which then in the end returns back into pure consciousness or empty awareness. Consciousness is both the start and the end goal of alchemy but the process of energy transformation is eternal -- again this is because of the illusion of the ego.

I've taken Spring Forest Qigong classes as well. I have found them to be very helpful. I use a combination of SFQ and daily sitting meditation, which works very well together. I met a level 4 SFQ student who has been practicing for a long time. I could literally feel her energy when she entered the room. I am a believer in SFQ and regularly practice it. It works.

Birch Tree

I met a level 4 SFQ student who has been practicing for a long time. I could literally feel her energy when she entered the room.

Birch Tree

Are you sure you weren't just getting horny because she turned you on?

Be well!

O.K. -- so Chunyi Lin has a new amazing interview with a healer yogini in L.A. who has a mother in Minneapolis.

As Chunyi Lin says in this interview -- if we eat crap then it takes more energy to clear out those blockages! Chunyi Lin told me personally to "stop eating crap!" haha.

Here I am in full-lotus -- finishing off some brews -- after having meat that my dad cooked and after spending hours with my visiting sister.

She shared so much with me and I had fun playing with her daughter -- all while I was in FULL-LOTUS! haha.

In this new interview Master Chunyi Lin

http://blog.thehealersway.com/chunyi-lin-energy-healing

shares his time doing cave meditation and shares how he went full vegetarian only 4 years ago! Little did I know he still ate sea food and maybe even some chicken when I took his classes last in 2005. haha.

Chunyi Lin also promotes his new Qissage course since "Westerners" like to touch so much! haha.

It's all good with Chunyi Lin since we were all born healers but with his Spring Forest Qigong techniques it's good, better and BEST!

The person conducting this interview Angelique -- does not eat sugar, dairy or processed food. You can enjoy her healthy healing voice as she receives the love of Chunyi Lin.

Qigong master Lin tells some AWESOME jokes in this interview -- you'll be laughing tons!

Most of all he opens up your HEART energy. I had a good heart to heart phone call with my old college buddy who now spends half the year in his land on Mt. Shasta where he farms and builds cabins, etc. He also took Chunyi Lin's classes. We hadn't talked in years but my friend made sure to mention the qigong master. haha.

A Healer in Every Family and a World Without Pain.

Chunyi Lin focuses on diet as well -- on how the liver being clogged is addiction -- be it smoking, drinking, sugar, chocolate, caffeine, etc.

Chunyi Lin says he does the all night 6 hour slow cooker to wake to a meal of beans -- up to 10 different kinds! haha.

Qigong master Chunyi Lin also shares several of his healing stories -- the classic Esther Trejo Mayo Clinic lung disease miracle -- sure to go down in the history books -- the cancer tumor healing story -- and much much more.

The interviewer is so psyched that she ends with confirmation that she will fly out to Minneapolis to see Chunyi Lin. And another healer is in the bag. haha.

• Like 1

If you see Chunyi Lin in person or take his classes (again in person) he shoots energy into you. It is a laser-love sensation. He can direct the energy into any part of your body or brain. So that's how the healing works and when you experience that energy the basic principle can be applied to all types of energy blockages. Also I've experienced telepathy, precognition and telekinesis from taking Chunyi Lin's classes. It's a matter of how strictly you practice -- with fasting in full-lotus as the most strict. I went 8 days on half a glass of water.

• Like 1

These are amazing stories..

..is there any way I can validate them, for myself?

Yeah you gotta smoke the same shit as Drew and you'll get to even experience unicorns !!!

Gosh, you know... testimonials of cancer cured are extraordinary.

Honestly, extraordinary. I remember, even, the news program addressing Chunyi Lin's mastery.

However... may I ask a personal question, Drew...

Even with the bliss... the telekinesis, the precognition... The capacity to heal... Do you feel...

...enlightened?

really? I feel that an enlightened person would know such a thing, 'balls to bones'.

I for one... I feel sometimes feel so insecure in my own path, that I am nowhere near your mastery. But on the other hand...

I would never want to live the way you do. Full Lotus throughout the day. incessant fasting. -Is it true you work at a McDonalds? I would simply just not be willing to do that. I think, I would sooner choose to live another life. Have I lost (what I thought was,) a genuine yearning for enlightenment?

What are you thoughts on this...?

Gosh, you know... testimonials of cancer cured are extraordinary.

Honestly, extraordinary. I remember, even, the news program addressing Chunyi Lin's mastery.

However... may I ask a personal question, Drew...

Even with the bliss... the telekinesis, the precognition... The capacity to heal... Do you feel...

...enlightened?

really? I feel that an enlightened person would know such a thing, 'balls to bones'.

I for one... I feel sometimes feel so insecure in my own path, that I am nowhere near your mastery. But on the other hand...

I would never want to live the way you do. Full Lotus throughout the day. incessant fasting. -Is it true you work at a McDonalds? I would simply just not be willing to do that. I think, I would sooner choose to live another life. Have I lost (what I thought was,) a genuine yearning for enlightenment?

What are you thoughts on this...?

The enlightened are so full of love and service for others that working at McDonald's would be absolutely fulfilling. Watch the movie "The Peaceful Warrior", Socrates works at a gas station.

This thread enquires whether Spring Forest Qigong is actual alchemy practice.

Chunyi Lin did the seven week cave meditation full lotus no food, no water no sleep practice as is taught through http://qigongmaster.com

Yes it is alchemy.

Chunyi Lin has used the term "Jing" and I asked him if he created a yang spirit -- yang shen and he replied that others confirmed he did.

The yang chi is the Level 3 Sun meditation. The yin chi is the Level 3 Moon meditation. That is my take on the Level 3 meditation after studying the book "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" in further detail.

Chunyi Lin says the foundation of the practice is the small universe exercise which is also the focus of the book "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality." Also when I brought that book to the class -- even though I kept the book in my backpack, closed up, Chunyi Lin quoted from the end of the book, saying he had a very deep meditation that was described near the end of the book.

Whether the Level 1 is alchemy -- yes it is depending on the level of you practice -- there is an interconnectedness to all the levels through the Emptiness.

• Like 1

hi drew, good to see you posting again by the way..

To any SFQ practitioner: Is it best to do small universe before or after active exercises for the alchemical effect?

The order of the active exercises the OP outlined is facinating. I had the impression that a practitioner might just pick and choose one or two to do for an extended period, which is what I had been doing to clear specific system blockages as per level 2 manual.

I have the same problem Sykkelpump mentioned with small universe, it feels forced unless variables are exactly right which is rare. I want to use it but if I were to listen to my body I would use moving of yin and yang while seated for extended period to circulate energy, even though when I mentioned this to Master Lin he told me that small universe is better. The constant mental activity required by SU however seems to be at odds with my ability to go into the emptiness. My mind craves space and openness rather than non stop directed activity. I did years of Kriya Yoga between 1994-2008 which is similar to SU so maybe my energy system doesn't want me to rotate energy around the spine so much anymore?

I practiced SFQ for about a year and saw zero benefits.

1. Is there anyone here who practiced SFQ, was unhappy and found something else that was better? I am a Qigong newbie and am looking for something equally simple but effective for health issues.

2. Chunyi Lin wrote that his Qigong is for health only and not for alchemy or spiritual processes. So, when he himself is saying this, why would there be spiritual benefits?

3. Reading all of Fulllotus' posts I get this:

a. Full Lotus is more important than all SFQ exercises and meditations, so just doing full lotus is good and the other exercises don't mean much.

b. If you can't do full lotus, then there is not much for one in this system. So, this is really Full Lotus Qigong. I tried hard, failed at full lotus and all the full lotus posts here terribly depressed me. After a year, I eventually gave up SFQ because of the damn full lotus.

Can someone tell me about systems which do not insist on - do full lotus or be damned?

Can someone tell me about systems which do not insist on - do full lotus or be damned?

Actually, no system insists on full lotus. SFQ doesn't. Only the forum member "full lotus" does.

To answer your question, there are a lot of systems that are talked about here on the forum. I suggest you hang around and see what would best fit you.

Since this is a SFQ thread, speaking about everything except SFQ might not be a good idea...maybe make a new thread. Then you can tell people more of what you're looking for.

I got rid of a nasty upper respiratory infection using 'small universe'. Usually lasts for 2 weeks. This time it was gone in 3 days. I don't even feel like I was sick, which is strange in itself, given that it always takes 2 weeks at a minimum to recover fully. :D

I got rid of a nasty upper respiratory infection using 'small universe'. Usually lasts for 2 weeks. This time it was gone in 3 days. I don't even feel like I was sick, which is strange in itself, given that it always takes 2 weeks at a minimum to recover fully. :D

Yeah the secret of alchemy is kind of like when Bruce Lee first taught foreigners. haha.

It sucks, though, since we use different termonology from those who've taught us, or the books we've read. When you guys start talking about alchemy I can see from your posts that it isn't the same thing i'm thinking.

Makes some reading completely irrelevant. Rarrgh!

I bet Sinfest's legs are crazy strong from horssstance.

Sinfest,

Do you think horsestance also helps strengthen your lower back? Thanks.