Mal

good "energy" toys ~$50

Any and all suggestions welcome :)

Those look quite pretty. I have some some painted sets, one I really like has cool yellow dragons :D

But I prefer practicing with the unpainted ones.

Any and all suggestions welcome :)

Those look quite pretty. I have some some painted sets, one I really like has cool yellow dragons :D

But I prefer practicing with the unpainted ones.

:D been working on 2 not touching. getting smoove with 3, but four...I will need some smaller ones, I only have a 1.5" and 2" set to work with right now hahaa

yeah, painted ones look pretty, but smooth ones practice better.

Mal I have a good idea for 10 dollars. Get some quality sandalwood incense it can purify the area around you as long as it is ok to burn in your cubicle. I think Ya Mu sells good quality on his site. I own the purlple plate and can not feel anything from it and it does not clear the area around you anyway, it is just supposed to affect the person wearing it not their surroundings.

I own the purlple plate and can not feel anything from it and it does not clear the area around you anyway, it is just supposed to affect the person wearing it not their surroundings.

Thanks for the feedback, I was quite attracted to the purple plate (weird) but clearing surroundings is something I'm looking for.

Perhaps we got a bit distracted with the "come and look at my cool stuff" angle. I usually have a few Hanamay puzzles on my desk for thathttp://www.mrpuzzle.com.au/category64_1.htm

Excellent quality. Very cheap (I'm slowly collecting them). Hours of fun. Especially for me since I'm not good at puzzles. Good fun for my friends too because they solve them much faster than I do :)

Back to cleansing.

I have a little sandalwood fan that I like, good to use at work. Not too sure how the smoke alarms would enjoy a touch of incense :blink: Although D can smell just the sticks I need to burn it and Satya Sai Baba Nag Champa Incense is about the only one I use.

Was having some clay earlier and read that a bit of pascalite can create a good "feel" to an environment.

Candy creates a good feel too. And chocolate. :lol:

Having some candy hidden in a drawer to share when folks come and visit works really well. Consider,

leaving a piece of wrapped candy on the desk of someone you feel is having a bad day. It's always a nice surprise when someone thinks of you and wants to share with you. And it doesn't have to be candy...fruits or veggies that you've grown in your garden, homemade cookies, crafts...whatever. :)

When you work in a "team" environment it's nice to get along with everyone. Not taking someone else's bad day personally is a must and understanding how most of it is stress related is really important so you don't end up hating them for it. Most of the time folks don't feel a connection with those they work with. Good managers encourage getting to know the rest of the staff but if they haven't done their part then this may be a way for folks to relax for a moment and really look at you...and when they look at you then you really get to see them too. :)

It's always worked positively for me...and I didn't think of it because I've always done it and it's always been part of every "team" work environment I've been in. All it takes is one person to start and everyone else ends up sharing too.

Edited by mgd

the trouble i find with outting things n my desk is it is almost like a flag for nagitive energy as well, a person that has gone un-noticed and one day plonks a buddha, lava lamp, wind chime or other thing on his desk to defend against negetive energy will soon start to recieve a lot more negitive energy from others,

i know it sounds self rightous or what ever but i use myself, i welcome everyone and greet them witha smile and sometimes a hug depending on the people, if there is a lot of negetivity around my office i ignore it or deal with in a number of direct ways, either stepping out for a while or taking action against the person creating the negitive energy.

just my thoughts on the subject

I have a little sandalwood fan that I like, good to use at work. Not too sure how the smoke alarms would enjoy a touch of incense :blink: Although D can smell just the sticks I need to burn it and Satya Sai Baba Nag Champa Incense is about the only one I use.

A couple of things to watch out for with incense:

- Some people have a very strong negative reaction (allergy) to scents like incense, perfume, etc.

- Burning incense can be fairly pervasive in an open cube farm and your neighbors may not share your tastes. The second hint is when they start taking target practice with squirt guns...

In my little corner of the behemoth I've tended to use visual images (Windoze desktop images, printed calendars, etc.)

All the best,

Charlie

I like putting certificates and awards up.

And I mean silly ones! :D

I have my '25m swimming proficiency' certificate that I got when I was like 12 hanging there... Also anytime someone in the office has a clear-out and throws anything funny away I pick it up and put it on my desk - for example I have someone's award for coming 2nd in a go-cart race gleaming away on my desk... I found a statue of a weasel in the office skip, now he sits proudly next to my screen!

Also - maybe it's a British thing, but tea is great... I have a selection, and anytime I want to have some face-time with friends I invite them for tea...

I'm not sure if I really believe in all these new-agey gadgets... but I did receive a huge rock salt lamp thats supposed to generate negative ions... I keep it on all the time in my bedroom and have noticed a subtle change in the atmosphere. It just feels more comfortable. I'd recommend trying one of those.
Ya, I got one of those 2 for my cube.

I don't know how many negative ions they actually emit...but I do like their warm, soothing, atmospheric mood lighting. That alone is worth having one to me.

I think they are becoming the new lava lamps of Y2K...

Edited by vortex

Well I'll be back in my box (cubicle) soon and wondered if anyone has good energy toys to ward of "negative vibes" and create a "peaceful prosperous environment" :)

I'd warn against some esoteric gadget in a business environment. More likely that that will create enstrangement from others + ensuing hostile vibes. One woman I still remember with warmth from 20 yrs ago in a corporate environment always kept a jar of candy (that others were free to help themselves from) on her desk. Real. Worked. :)

A modern meditation teacher way back when encouraged that you make personal "dharma friends", have your meditation time, etc., but at work to shift to a no-nonesense no-fluffy-esoteric-stuff mode for the work environment. That's one pt of view to consider.

T.

Thanks for the info, must be a bit less "bulky" than it appears.

Cheers

Orgone-crystals IS the site I recommended. :) Or i don't know if I recommended it, but that's where I got my orgonite. And still not sure if it works or not.

I also have the harmonic protector that Carol Croft made. I don't know if that works either, and i really don't like wearing plastic, but it did cause quite the stir at my school. I told my students I got it from some weirdos who think it will protect against aliens, but that I just thought it looked cool. which is pretty close to the truth.

One student told me he'd say a prayer for me, because it didn't look right. He said he was worried some demon spirit would come out of it. I said "like that?" and pointed to the devil picture the guy next to him was drawing. The kid on the other side of him had drawn all kinds of 666 signs and things on his eraser, and so he kept trying to take it away. I reminded him that we don't take other people's stuff, even if we don't like what they write on it.

Interesting times. ;)