Guest winpro07

I practice KunLun

SJ - might be worth considering:

If you think in terms of relativity - When Quan Yin answers your prayers is she answering the prayers of a demon!?

I love Lin, and although I didn't follow that thread, from what you quoted, it seems to me that he's re-enforcing your (and other's) fairy-tale Christian-centric idea of spirits and demons.

I like to follow the idea that we're infinite spirits that chose to come to earth to experience limitation and duality... not only did we choose this, but we waited in a very long line for the opportunity to do it!! The funny thing is that as soon as we are born into a body, as soon as we start to experience duality we lose our connection with the infinite, we get lost and confused and we feel this huge separation and loss of the divine...

I'll start on these ideas in a different thread.

I'm definitely a Shirdi fan, but don't know much about Sathya. I'd love to visit Shirdi someday.

98% do the other 2% that dont do KL is me and you! :D

I think most people here dont do kunlun really. I dont either.

But maby those few who are really active(and defencive) on this forum, are the ones that practice kunlun. But still, I believe most kunluners out there care more about their own practice than defending it on some forum.

I believe most kunluners out there care more about their own practice than defending it on some forum.

Yep, I already know how to send negative vibes through cyberspace. I find it impedes spiritual practise.

Edited by de_paradise

In the Spirit of things. Pancakes this morning...

1 1/2 cups Whole Wheat Flour

2 eggs

1/2 cup rice milk

1/2 cup water

1/4 teasp salt

1/4 teasp baking soda

better than yesterdays. not as fluffy as I like

real milk or sparkling water nxt tm (thx sfu!)

whip the eggs

Edited by Spectrum

I'm definitely a Shirdi fan, but don't know much about Sathya. I'd love to visit Shirdi someday.

I'm a fan of Shirdi too. Someday I might go visit Sathya, I'm writing a bit about him in a new thread.

Edited by Starjumper7

I'm a fan of Shirdi too. Someday I might go visit Sathya, I'm writing a bit about him in a new thread.

I was there. I drank from the well Sai Baba drank from - lit incense from the fire Sai Baba started.

Have some holy water and milk from his statue washing.

Let his shakti enter me.

I met max a year, and three months ago....

...it is a great pleasure to be in the company of all these people

what brings me back is indescribable.

Thank you. Joe.

The spirit of Father Paul continues :) Do a search of TTB and you will understand.

Father Paul. Peace, and Happy Pancakes. :) Joe.

Yep, I already know how to send negative vibes through cyberspace. I find it impedes spiritual practise.

Really?

And what are the effects on you when you do this?

I haven't followed every post in this thread, but why would a person do this?

Are you trying to harm someone?

Control someone?

The question that comes to my mind is what are you made of?

What would motivate you to do such a thing?

And how do you know you are doing anything except having a full fantasy?

I was there. I drank from the well Sai Baba drank from - lit incense from the fire Sai Baba started.

Have some holy water and milk from his statue washing.

Let his shakti enter me.

Very cool!!

Really?

And what are the effects on you when you do this?

I haven't followed every post in this thread, but why would a person do this?

Are you trying to harm someone?

Control someone?

The question that comes to my mind is what are you made of?

What would motivate you to do such a thing?

And how do you know you are doing anything except having a full fantasy?

Whoa there hoss. I was not being so literal about sending negative vibes, I was merely talking about negative and argumentative posts. I think we all know how to do this. It dusturbs one's own mind and can impede loving stillness meditations when one is thinking about what an asshole another person is.

I practise kunlun

I have been very open about it

:lol::lol::lol:

"rain falls off her chair"... thanks to EveryOne esp Chris.

Edited by rain

Whoa there hoss. I was not being so literal about sending negative vibes, I was merely talking about negative and argumentative posts. I think we all know how to do this. It dusturbs one's own mind and can impede loving stillness meditations when one is thinking about what an asshole another person is.

:) great, thanks for clearing that up :)

I'm glad it was my misunderstanding.

There has been so much weird "bleep" posted here lately I could have believed it :lol:

Relationship to others shifting via Kunlun... hmm... I notice that my allegiance to people who primarily use me and are habituated to doing just that without really seeing me, has weakened a lot. I cant feel the pull that I used to, to please them and fulfill the unspoken contract to do what it is they set me up to do. Whatever it was I set them up to do, also seems to have gone with the wind. So I seem in this respect, to myself, colder.

I'm not playing the old games.

At the same time, I am warmer, and more forgiving to other people.

Almost randomly, as far as I can see from my limited point of view.

Does this make any sense to you, mgd? Is it in any way what you are experiencing?

Yes... as well as a desensitization to things not loving and an increase in sensitization to things loving. Tiz' nice. :)

Edited by ddilulo_06

Well, you probably haven't dealt with more traditional teachers. E.g., a traditionally cultivated zen master is as likely as not to respond to a student's question with a whack in the head. :lol: Read Suzuki if you don't believe me.

I keep hearing that I should question everything and then come across posts like this. There is so much information that contradicts itself. I see now that it is okay that I am confused about choosing a practice and a teacher because so are a lot of other people from what I've read. It's better for me not to hurry and make a decision. I came across this site that I found helpful in regards to choosing a teacher and it might help other people too. Joe.

http://buddhism.kalachakranet.org/spiritua...acher_guru.html

An aspiring monk wanted to find a Guru. He went to a monastery and his preceptor told him: "You can stay here but we have one important rule - all students observe the vow of silence. You will be allowed to speak to me once every 12 years".

After practicing silence and meditation for 12 long years, finally the student could say his one thing, and : "The bed is too hard."

After another 12 years of hard silent meditation, he had the opportunity to speak again. He said: "The food is not good."

Twelve more years of hard work passed. His words after 36 years of practice: "I quit."

His Guru quickly answered: "Good, all you have been doing anyway is complaining."

B)

An aspiring monk wanted to find a Guru. He went to a monastery and his preceptor told him: "You can stay here but we have one important rule - all students observe the vow of silence. You will be allowed to speak to me once every 12 years".

After practicing silence and meditation for 12 long years, finally the student could say his one thing, and : "The bed is too hard."

After another 12 years of hard silent meditation, he had the opportunity to speak again. He said: "The food is not good."

Twelve more years of hard work passed. His words after 36 years of practice: "I quit."

His Guru quickly answered: "Good, all you have been doing anyway is complaining."

B)

In my last private conversation with Max he stated," Some disciples only get to see their master every twelve years."

This was in Santa Fe where a few of us were training the moving forms that he creates. They are really quit useful for smoothing out transitions between different energetics. Taiji into Aikido, Gungfu into Yoga, Aikido into .....

What's the name of the book by the guy who travelled between Bruce Lee and O' sensei? That person has a very interesting seed of wisdom that I'd like to help grow.

Without wanting to add further heat to this already overheated debate, I have to say as someone who was only recently drawn attention to this Kunlun practice, that some of the replies have confirmed my gut instinct that I won't be spending any time examining this practice.

Having read all the various threads on this issue, it seems to me that all the questions that have been raised as to the veracity of this teacher's claimed credentials etc have never been answered or addressed.

These invites for Max to meet starjumper for coffee have confirmed my suspicion that the proliferation of kunlun threads and "diaries" is part of a propaganda counter-offensive organised by Kunlinbliss.com or people affiliated to this organisation. And this just confirms why I'll stay clear.

But two things does interest me about this kunlun debate.

First, is the extent to which people feel they can question and debate the veracity of particular teachers and schools. My view is that genuine and reasonable questions should be able to be freely raised, and responded to with maturity and facts. I don't think people should get upset by such questions because they consider them to be qi "sabotage".

For instance, some research has indicated that one or two people have suggested that the particular form of Tai Chi ruler I practice isn't completely "authentic" to the teachings of the founder. Now I had two options as to how to process this: I could just say "rubbish" and go on with my practice, or I could undertake further research by ordering various books and emailing teachers with questions. I chose the latter course of action. I may find evidence that suggests that the form I'm practicing is not fully authentic. If so, it won't be an initially nice experience, but I'll be glad that I have this new knowledge and will alter my practice accordingly.

Second, the debate raises the problem I've often encountered with the western New Age and spiritual movements, what accountability mechanisms are there to prevent teachers who make untrue claims as to their skills, training etc?

Traditionally in the East, you needed to show that you had your master status conferred on you by a recognised lineage. Seemingly, this would need to have been verified by neutral sources. What sorts of controls are there in western spiritual circles? How can uncertainties about a teacher's credentials be addressed so that people can get on with it and stop re-litigating?

Just food for thought.

Edited by altiora

These invites for Max to meet starjumper for coffee have confirmed my suspicion that the proliferation of kunlun threads and "diaries" is part of a propaganda counter-offensive organised by Kunlinbliss.com or people affiliated to this organisation. And this just confirms why I'll stay clear.

But two things does interest me about this kunlun debate.

:lol: You'd make great conspiracy theorist!

First, is the extent to which people feel they can question and debate the veracity of particular teachers and schools. My view is that genuine and reasonable questions should be able to be freely raised, and responded to with maturity and facts.

Would you question the veracity of an artist without looking at their art?! or would you just read books and 'facts' about it? For me and most others, the practice brought immediate and very palpable results - it's pretty unsubtle sometimes.

It's fine for you not to try Kunlun - but leave it at that, rather than accusing long-standing members of this forum of some laughable 'counter-offensive' conspiracy.