Guest winpro07

I practice KunLun

Your teacher learnt from Andrew Lum?

Or have i got a different person?

My teacher learned from one of Andrew Lum's indoor students. So, Sifu Lum is my great-grandteacher.

I went to meet Sifu Hata last weekend. He is the Asian man at www.energyfist.com. I found him by looking up fiveelementstao's website and following the links back to his teacher, who I discovered had a school in Los Angeles. Sifu Hata was very friendly and did a few demonstrations for me to show how they use chi in their fighting style. He did a few light slaps on my arm and one on my leg. It seemed like it was hitting right down to the bone. The one on my leg made me feel like I couldn't move it. He also did some type of accupressure on me and opened up a few points to make the chi flow more strongly when I did a few light slaps on one of his students. It was quite interesting and he seemed like he was teaching something authentic. I am planning to start classes on Sunday. Thank you fiveelementtao for posting information about your teacher on your website. Craig

I went to meet Sifu Hata last weekend. He is the Asian man at www.energyfist.com. I found him by looking up fiveelementstao's website and following the links back to his teacher, who I discovered had a school in Los Angeles. Sifu Hata was very friendly and did a few demonstrations for me to show how they use chi in their fighting style. He did a few light slaps on my arm and one on my leg. It seemed like it was hitting right down to the bone. The one on my leg made me feel like I couldn't move it. He also did some type of accupressure on me and opened up a few points to make the chi flow more strongly when I did a few light slaps on one of his students. It was quite interesting and he seemed like he was teaching something authentic. I am planning to start classes on Sunday. Thank you fiveelementtao for posting information about your teacher on your website. Craig

Great Craig!

I think he mentioned a new student Craig, but I thought it was someone else. He mentioned that you had studied with a student of Lum Sifu. Is that right? Who did you study with?

I'm studying with Sith Lord Max, but keep it on the downlow!! :lol:

A Sith Lord?! (GASP). You are head of the Jedi council. What will become of the Republic?

Edited by fiveelementtao

Guest winpro07
:mellow: Edited by winpro07

Guest winpro07

SJ is into Sai Baba?

Hey, you said in your previous post that THAT one was your last.

Yes I have a connection to Sai Baba, and it's not a worshiping kind of connection. I mentioned it in the Starman Returns thread, remember?

Hey Steve!

I don't appreciate you using my posts and insinuating that I commune with Demons. I have been your friend and have not judged you. I have never publicly stated that I use demon power. I was taught a form of exorcism and cleansing which is the exact opposite! While others were ridiculing you and attacking you I was reaching out to you as a friend. Is this the way you treat your friends?!

You have some major issues pal. You're lucky I have taken that vow or I'd be looking to test your sorcerer martial skills. You're acting like a real jerk!

Well I'm very sorry. All this stuff is new to me and I'm trying to figure it out, particularly as it applies to me, and I've figured out a lot.

You talked about Demon Fighting and how people couldn't resist it and so it looked like you were describing a self defense method for fighting people, you know, calling on demons to whack someone. I mean, come on, that's what it sounds like, and in the same thread you mentioned all kinds of other things of an interpersonal conflict/contest nature.

Anyway, it seemed to tie into something that Lin said about demons and so I put them together. I'm sorry if I got that wrong in this case, but I feel what Lin said was correct!

All this ties in to my concerns about sharing energy so I'll get to that soon enough.

Edited by Starjumper7

Firstly - I'm glad you decided to meet with Max - I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Secondly - "It's what shamanism is all about." - you mean you're one of those impossibly rare souls that can understand what something is all about!!?

Nope, I'm one of those souls who likes to speak in generalities, with a little exageration here and there. My main point with that was differentiating between chi power cultivation and spirit power cultivation. One is the foundation of martial arts and the other is the foundation of shamanism.

I'm just going on the assumption that you really don't know all about shamanism - because at the very least you're missing a very important piece. You say shamans cultivate power by interacting with spirits - which is in fact true - for a certain kind of shaman... According to Bradford Keeney who studied bushamn shamans in africa amongst others, the wisest shamans consider that level of practice as the beginning stages - a kind of adolescent stage of development. If a shaman wants to grow s/he has to leave behind power and concentrate on love...

Once you connect to and cultivate unconditional Love, as a shaman, you stop dealing with politics and power struggles with spirits in the lower astral and start to connect directly to the original source - Tao, God, whatever you wish to call it.. the strongest of the bushman shamans are considered to have been 'fully cooked by God'.

It's exactly the same in the warrior path, the cultivation of unconditional love comes about at higher levels but that doesn't mean they neglect their methods or power base, does it/

This idea that a shaman can leave their spirit support behind and connect to divine is interesting because i was wondering if there was some way people could drop their debt to spirits after having used them. So you seem to be implying that they can?

To me you seem a fairly powerful guy - but I have not had any impression of love or an open heart from you - maybe that's why it's hard for you to see that in others...?

My main goal here at TB lately is to figure out this demon stuff, and originally my focus was on kunlun but since I know I'm a mirror I use it to see how it applies to me too, my learning style can be a little traumatic for some observers :)

I've been focusing on opening up my heart lately, say within the last month or so. I work it from the top down. I got lot's of energy in my head so I've been focusing on making the energy field around my body much bigger and it includes heart.

Actually I just started working on increasing chi power again this last year, after taking about four years off.

Edited by Starjumper7

What you call 'chi' a shaman might call 'spirit'... The five elements - you can view them as qualities to chi or you can view them as directions or seasons or organs or spirits... This is 'circular thinking' as Keeney likes to call it (I think he got it off Gregory Bateson)...

Regarding the side-path of seeking power from spirits. The Kalahari Bushmen literally see horizontal and vertical 'strings' - the horizontal ones will give you some form of 'power' - you could shapeshift into a lion, or some other animal, help with the hunt, affect weather etc... but by the wisest shamen these are seen as unnecessary diversions from going to your heart where you set up a resonance, or a space that becomes the vessel for the divine to fill. When your heart is fully open and you sincerely search for it, you can find the great vertical string that leads directly to God... they then climb the string and get cooked by God. They also say that if you look closely, the string is composed of all their ancestors one on top of each other.

You make deals and transactions with everything around you - constantly - this again is circular thinking... As I push these buttons on the keyboard they provide resistance and push back - and this in turn creates pixels on the screen - and I look at these pixels, translate them into sounds etc etc. We live in a world of inter-relation - everything is connected with everything else - the spirit of this forum provides us with a wealth of information, and we pay back by adding our own experience and thoughts and information to it... So SJ - you're right now indebted to a spirit!

In the world of power these interrelationships are a problem - power looks for control, and when you are dependant on others and others are dependant on you, it creates less scope for you to show your power and control. When you concentrate on Love these inter-relationships provide a nurturing feedback-loop that allows you to grow and expand further and further... but we're getting way off-topic...

:)

In the world of power these interrelationships are a problem - power looks for control, and when you are dependant on others and others are dependant on you, it creates less scope for you to show your power and control. When you concentrate on Love these inter-relationships provide a nurturing feedback-loop that allows you to grow and expand further and further... but we're getting way off-topic...

Where can I order some of that?

Guest winpro07

I cannot see creation taking advantage of it's self. This 'idea' that power is needed, and that taking it form some other source will get you where you're going, is silly.

I agree with that in general, but there are convolutions of it as far as using power from the spirit realm, and power to me simply means being effective. I know I came down hard on the consorting with demons thing earlier but it was because I misunderstood a post, but really I was referring to the whole spectrum of using power from spirits, and I SAID that too, including things as innocuous as praying. For example with praying it doesn't really matter in this sense if you pray to a good or bad spirit, either way you are trying to take advantage of their power.

So the point is I was thinking this applies to a lot of people, including myself. Does anyone pray? for anything?

As far as cultivating chi power is concerned it has nothing to do with competition or controlling others, at least for me! I do it because having a lot of good clean energy just plain feels good, blissful, and it makes me healthy, and being healthy makes people happier, more joyful. The other things are just little silly games people play. Except for stuff like being able to heal or make other people feel really nice, radiating healing energy all the time, so that even my wife, for example, looks quite a bit younger than her younger sister.

Edited by Starjumper7

Guest winpro07

Guest winpro07

Winpro,

Dont poke the bear!!! :angry:

hahahahah I think YOU love me, come on say it? You just couldnt leave me alone.....

I was discussing the meeting of starjumper not your KL crap..... :P

:lol::rolleyes:

Edited by Spirit Ape

Guest winpro07

Guest winpro07