mwight

What Does Yin Energy Feel Like? How Do You Cultivate it?

You are welcome!

Mo Pai is not my area of expertise so I really can not comment on it.

In Taoist nei gung yin is really natural. In one sense it's part of the primordial Tao. Before the Big Bang the previous universe may have been doing the Big Suck or Big Inhale first. Sheer speculation on my part but as above so below. That is the profundity of 'Man is a small heaven and earth'.

If you really get into the cosmology of 'Man is a small ...' then you spiritually investigate that situation.

You quickly notice parallels between an electron orbiting a nucleus to a planet orbiting a star. The spiral function of the universe that pulls things together or sends them apart is everywhere. When a flower bud spirals itself shut it shares the same yin energy as a closing sphincter in the body or water going down the drain.

When you peer at DNA you see the spiral. When you look at a satellite view of a hurricane you see a spiral shape not dissimilar to the spiraling galaxy around a black hole core.

You can sort of reproduce the changing ions of a molecule, the gravity of a planet or the sucking of a tornado inside your body (stirring the soup in the cauldron)

You can for instance, begin to rotate your lower dan tien and spiral it smaller and smaller like tightening your anus or sucking a noodle off a fork.

When you begin to spin and rotate your dan tien you kind of recreate the spinning of a planet and increase your personal gravity. If you are into martial arts its obvious. The person becomes heavy, hard to move and feels soft and void-like.

All your gung fu can come just from rapidly opening and closing your dan tien and letting the spiraling wave exit your palm, forearm,shoulder, whatever and push or pull someone no problemo.

That is the energy you use to suck out and absorb stagnant/bad energy from someone when you heal them using your hands.

Eventually if you keep with the spiraling tan tien practices you can sit still, reverse breath, absorb chi as you surrender inwards into your central core, spiral your dantien and even the energy outside your body will move around and around and can be felt by all you sensitive aura types.

It is bloody obvious if you do ba gua that you are reproducing the energies inherent in a black hole or tornado.

I encourage people to try that kind of nei gung. I just don't think most folks are sensitive enough, have enough control over, have enough of an actual knowledge of how chi works inside their mind and body and how it responds to Yi and Hsin to actually make use of it.

:)

There is so many more uses to Yin chi than just healing someone or pulling them off their balance. You can become so effortless in your use of yin/rollback that you use Yin/Rollback to open doors and drawers in the house.

I once boggled my younger brother by resting my palms on the bumper of his car while in neutral and just casually, without any effort began pulling his car backwards just by relaxing, inhaling slowly and rolling back.

Yin energy most resembles the tides, the closing of sphincters and the ability of a tornado to lift a house straight up off the ground. It is gravity and it's what's keeping the galaxy spinning around a black hole as it drifts through outer space. It is literally holding everything together.

Edited by SFJane
  • Like 2

Man Everything Never Tingles Holier Over Length

Get it you puzzle slayers? U code breakers?

Merkay waters settle to reveal thep layers.

Surfing breaks between shadow and light.

Life language from deep within. Without.

In to much is not enough. Scout.

Enough is too much. Shout.

Gifts are at foot. Route.

Handle gently. Sprout.

1:08

1:47

3:33

zAzgf0Wvcc

Edited by Spectrum

Hey Bro,

I have a book for you that explains Negavitive Energy so you can understand but as SFJan mentioned it all comes form Nature and if you are going into the forest later to persue your cultivation quest where the polution is very low you will be recieving more Yin energy or what is usually understood as Negative Ion's. I have it on PDF so if you get on MSN ill send it to you!

WYG

There is far too much confusion about yin and yang chi. Chi is just expressed energy. yin is ONLY yin compared to yang. So.. is a tiger yin or yang? in tiger crane, tiger in yang. BUT in "crouching earthly tiger, coiled heavenly dragon" tiger is yin.

There is no such thing as yin chi without yang chi. If the yin chi becomes stronger than the yang, then they switch places.

Yang is male, it projects and shoots forth. Yin is female, it recieves and stores. So... there is no possible way to shoot yin chi at an enemy. And... there is no possible way to absorb a strike with yang chi. If you drop a pebble, the earth absorbs it inward and the heaven shoots it to earth. So, the result of yin chi is always visible (fire, wind, waterfall, etc). The result of yang chi is always invisible (shamanic healing, qigong dim-mak, a mother's love, etc...). Does this make sense?

• Like 3

There is far too much confusion about yin and yang chi. Chi is just expressed energy. yin is ONLY yin compared to yang. So.. is a tiger yin or yang? in tiger crane, tiger in yang. BUT in "crouching earthly tiger, coiled heavenly dragon" tiger is yin.

There is no such thing as yin chi without yang chi. If the yin chi becomes stronger than the yang, then they switch places.

Yang is male, it projects and shoots forth. Yin is female, it recieves and stores. So... there is no possible way to shoot yin chi at an enemy. And... there is no possible way to absorb a strike with yang chi. If you drop a pebble, the earth absorbs it inward and the heaven shoots it to earth. So, the result of yin chi is always visible (fire, wind, waterfall, etc). The result of yang chi is always invisible (shamanic healing, qigong dim-mak, a mother's love, etc...). Does this make sense?

Thank you daoian, how wonderfully succinct and illuminating.

Occam's Razor has brought focus on the essential nature of Dao.

Ying and yang are relative,..ie. immanent complementary opposite energies of the transcendent Dao.

yin and yang chi as they flow and exchange inside the body are far from relative or subjective experiences. There is a 100% chance that two people suspended in universal post will feel the same things, just in various orders of physiological experience. This isn't saying that they're internal dialog or structure is the same, it is saying that a core exists under the layers of kinesthetic patterning that is similar, familiar, and the mind body response to the most foundational postural load bearing creates a medium in which the the disintegrated mind-body integrates as a result of the practice.

The question remains, what comes after the burn, after the tremor, etc... the way to answer this question is to practice.

Chi Gung amplifies awareness to all the energy in your body, not just yin or yang, perhaps yang first because of it's active nature, and yin later because of it's passive nature. More should be said on the extremes meeting in the middle because the more active yang practice you have, the deeper your resting or yin practices can go.

As for the experiential nature of yin there seems to me a few fingers pointing through the thread.

Edited by Spectrum

yin and yang chi as they flow and exchange inside the body are far from relative or subjective experiences.

From the perspective of mortals whose minds naturally work in discriminating, Ying and yang are perceived

as separate, but the eternal Tao is the absolute oneness beyond duality.

The Tao that can be discussed is not the eternal Tao, therefore any discussion that takes place involves it's reflection, ie. duality and it's reflection, etc.,..the ten thousand things.

"The Great Way is not difficult

for those who have no preferences.

When love and hate are both absent

everything becomes clear and undisguised.

Make the smallest distinction, however,

and heaven and earth are set infinitely apart."

Hsin Hsin Ming

Jing (yang) distillate (chi)...sacrally pumped...ming-men juggled...cerebroskeletally ascended...cranially squeezed...neurochemically experienced as CCA.

Chi reacts with the cerebellum to release DMT in the form of a crown center awareness...suggest moving attention to first page of link and reading through...not smart enough to provide as such. DMT release = union of chi (jing distillate) with the Yin (crown) center in my experience.

The how do you cultivate question is addressed within the linked thread with the how do I cultivate answer.

Yin energy cultivation. Why you would want it.

You want Yin energy because you have convinced yourself for whatever reason, that you do not have enough.

or you just want to learn everything there possibly is know about chi and to do that, you need a concrete knowledge of yin chi, what it is, how to get it, how to feel it etc

in other words

curiosity

there have been said a few things that could help;

breathing into your palms and soles while extending the inhale, yea that will do something

if you want real yin energy and you want control of it than you have to work really hard yang energy is vastly easier to cultivate until...until you know the trick to yin energy

to understand yin energy look really carefully at image of black holes and galaxies.

look carefully at the spiral in a flower as it opens and closes itself

look carefully at the small whirlpools that come and go in a swiftly running river

look carefully at the coil of a snail shell or a snake

now ask your self

how do you swallow?

how do you eat?

how do you hold your bladder?

how do you hold back flatulence?

what is the nature of a sphincter?

look at the mechanism of your own anus with a mirror

ask yourself, how do I blink?

how does the blood flow at all?

how do you inhale?

how do you pucker your lips or suck fluid through a straw?

all of that is yin manifest

suddenly it will become amazingly clear like in the movie Pi

the spiral is everywhere and runs everything

look at a tornado as it lifts a house (footage on youtube)

how?

there are several practices I know that will cultivate yin

reverse breathing with long inhales

closing the body cavities with intent

sucking water through a tube into your bowel or colon deliberately

the roll back posture of tai chi

the sinking of the elbows in hsin yi

clockwise circle walking

yin is gravity

it is a sinking pulling withdrawing softening sucking sensation in the body

it can be cool to feel it

it is absorbing chi

the bone breathing process, on the inhale and inward spiral is a yin practice

breathing inward into your skin from every direction is yin cultivation

.. I said that in order to be penetrated pleasantly you must surrender your body inward into yourself and literally allow it to happen at an energetic level, with practice you can facilitate it and even draw a phallus into yourself just by sucking it into your body

you can cultivate yin in sex, sitting, breathing, chi gung, nei gung, tai chi and ba gua

you can pull someone off their root in push hands with it very gently or strongly

you can feel it in the tide when you are knee deep in the ocean and it pulls you almost off your feet as it goes out

the yin phases of tai chi are perhaps the best way to get it from an all in one point of view

that is what yin is, how you get it and what you can do with it

ok 3:58 am in SF.. time to go do some standing outside in the park..bbl to chat more bums

Very nice. Sorry we haven't heard from Jane in a while :(.

Very nice. Sorry we haven't heard from Jane in a while :(.

only thing, in her post, she has walking clockwise for yin- I believe it is counter clockwise for yin

Again and again, this comes up.

Which way is rotating a void

Mine rotates down and upwards towards sacrall, seems like a natural movement.

Then the chakra people come and say inwards spins, (in the front, reverse in the back) like the wheel

:ph34r: some will say- all ways, always

You can for instance, begin to rotate your lower dan tien and spiral it smaller and smaller like tightening your anus or sucking a noodle off a fork.

Nope, she got that bit right, for us Bagua folks anyways.

Bagua is different I guess

I am bagua-less lol

I know yin is counter in other non-baguas :)

Edited by SonOfTheGods

ok I think she means spiraling from top, down - like an upright tornado spinning clockwise down, to lock into earth's field

When you begin to spin and rotate your dan tien you kind of recreate the spinning of a planet and increase your personal gravity. If you are into martial arts its obvious. The person becomes heavy, hard to move and feels soft and void-like.

I walk counter clockwise typically.

Widdershins.

Round Faerie Ring.

That's the way.

If you want to meet the Tuatha de Danaan.

Ain't it funny how my intuitions always chime with stuff I read later in books an' stuff..

Sure is weird.

Edited by Captain Mar-Vell

Turning and turning in the widening gyre.

Yo!

Falcon!

For years I would stare into my washing up bowl.

Watch the bubbles rise.

Fairy Liquid.

Sinks.

Down the plughole.

maybe living in different hemispheres does it

Many people think so

I noticed the Australia cricket team celebrating their win with the team song and the singer spontaneously bouncing and spinning counter clockwise as the energy built to a climax.

• Like 1

and here is that video for my English friends :P

Contains swearing

I :wub: cricket

• Like 1

and here is that video for my English friends :P

Contains swearing

I :wub: cricket

I love cricket too. Only we (England) seem to have forgotten how to play.

We were a shambles, a pale shadow of the previous Ashes test series.

Credit where it's due though. Australia were excellent and battered us from start to finish.

:(

• Like 1

It seems the group here is in consensus that if you can feel energy inside of you during meditation its most definitely yang. I remember from the magus of java, that kosta compared yin energy to feel like fullness inside your body. I have been trying to work more with yin and wondering if anyone here has any experience with it, what it feels like, effective ways to gather it etc. Any input is much appreciated.

This may be different from what you're asking, but from a hermetic perspective, Yang energy is called Electrical Fluid and is hot and expanding. Yin energy is called Magnetic fluid and is cool and contracting.

In hermeticism, you can meditate on the feelings of coolness/cold to find the underlying magnetic (yin) property.

Also, if you're good with your mind... William Mistele, a Bardon initiate, has an excersise where you imagine someone who you feel embodies great electrical energy and then add to that person another person with great electrical energy. For instance Arnold Shwarzenegger + General Patton.. keep on adding a few people in your mind and fuse them together and feel that power. Then take away all form and just observe and feel that energy. That's electric energy.

Do the same for women you find very feminine/magnetic and you're left with magnetic energy which you can observe and feel with your mind.

• Like 1