kino

Can jing be replenished?

1 hour ago, ChiDragon said:

It is because you had lost interest in everything.

Yea this. I felt a bit more connected after this morning meditation, but I know my disconnectedness is bound to return. 

1 hour ago, ChiDragon said:

May I ask does it affect your breathing? How deep can you breathe?

My breath is shallow. Been working on it for about 2 weeks now when I noticed that I couldnt float my legs while swimming in the ocean. My upper body floats fine, but my legs sink like a rock. When I follow my breath, it feels as if it cuts off at my hips and refuses to go to my lower body. 

49 minutes ago, ChiDragon said:

I have practiced Taiji for more than forty years. It have helped me to correct my health and mental problem tremendously. Right now, my body is like a 25 year old man at the age of 75. Mentally, I am able to coup with the things of interest enthusiastically.

Thanks for hope, I needed to read this.

50 minutes ago, ChiDragon said:

Taiji is considered to be a form of Qigong. Please note that breathing must be considered in any form Qigong to be effective. Otherwise, it would be waste of time in the practice

How can I fix my breathing. I try to breathe deeply but if feels like my lungs are so small. Smoking weed so much didnt help over the years, but it was the only thing that helped me to cope. I will work on my breathing for the next couple of weeks then go to taiji. Again thanks for the hope.

4 minutes ago, salaam123 said:

I have a masturbation addiction too. I have depleted my jing to the point that I feel exhausted the next day after masturbating.

I think my urge happens, when I have generated enough jing and it can't go anywhere, so the body wants a release. I think the solution is to learn to convert the excess jing to chi. Im sorry if this does not work. For myself too.

Yea this started happening to me, I feel depleted the day after. My body usually springs back with just a little brain fog but now I feel like I'm fading away the next day. I guess its our bodies telling us that the habit needs to go. 

@ChiDragonI looked up taiji for a bit. Do you practice tai chi or is the practice something else? if its something else, could you point me to resources where I can start?

1 hour ago, kino said:

@ChiDragon I looked up taiji for a bit. Do you practice tai chi or is the practice something else? if its something else, could you point me to resources where I can start?

Reread the posts on page 1, all your questions were answered there already. 

Edited by Cobie

1 hour ago, kino said:

I tried all 3 more than times than I'd like to admit. The psychiatrist diagnosed me as clinically depressed at 24, and gave me meds. I dont like the way SSRI's make me feel or think after awhile taking them so I stopped. He told me I was his most complicated patient to date and he was suppose to be one of the best in the island. All they do is talk and try to get you to figure your own shit out. I've done so much meta cognition and talking to myself that I know all the narratives they can spin. I thought about trying one more time recently but then thought "whats the point". 

It is really complicated.  I don't envy your position.  Yes, the medication, I think, gives a window of opportunity but it is not a solution.  While the medication is bringing some relief, that's maybe a time, a window of opportunity, for a good therapist to help, as you wrote, "reframe the way to see the world".  

But yes, I agree, like you said, after a while it's not, let's say, helping anymore.  What I wrote was out of concern for you, because, it sounded like you are in a really dark place.

1 hour ago, kino said:

After crying and typing that message earlier, I feel the urge to meditate. This time I sat through my 20mins session like always but for a brief moment, I felt clarity and heard a still small voice telling me not to fear, that all is as it should be. It lasted maybe like 2 seconds in reality but those 2 seconds felt like a mini eternity. I rarely get so relax and serene when I meditate, guess the cry helped me.

This, imo, is very reassuring.  There's an idea, an old idea.  In the heavens there are many palaces with many chambers and many doors.  There is a key for every door, but, honest tears will open them all. 

I've been told, it wasn't too long ago, in the houses of worship, they had a special room for the cryers.  Some people were known as having a talent for crying.  It wasn't a bad thing at all.  It was a good thing to be sensitive and feel those emotions deeply because it was believed the heavens opened immediately for such a person. 

Ancient philosophers and mystics asked themselves, "Why do we cry?  What are these salty tears?  What is their purpose?"  It's an interesting question, to them it was a great mystery.  I agree.  They connected the tears with rain drops, and they connected rain drops with blessing.   When a baby is born the first thing any parent wants to hear is the crying.  Good strong crying, means the child is viable, and virile.  A survivor.  No parent wants their child to be delivered in silence.  That is not healthy.

One of the greatest gifts a child can give their parent is:  "Tell me where it hurts."  When a child is in pain, but does not communicate it.  It's awful.  Awful.

1 hour ago, kino said:

I also realized that everything I place out in the universe through my thoughts were causing pain to both myself and others. I will be more mindful of what I think and say. 

If the crying is bringing relief, I'm not sure that increased repression is a good choice.   I do think there is a lot of truth to what you've written, but I think it needs to be applied with caution.  There is a time and a place for expression.  There is a time and a place for restraint.  This can also be applied to any form of self-gratification.

Edited by Daniel

1 hour ago, salaam123 said:

I have a masturbation addiction too. I have depleted my jing to the point that I feel exhausted the next day after masturbating.

I think my urge happens, when I have generated enough jing and it can't go anywhere, so the body wants a release. I think the solution is to learn to convert the excess jing to chi. this may or may not work for you or me.

It is normal for erection to occure when qi starts to build up in the LDT. Instead one should drive it into the spine and up and purify it with the heart ling qi and over the head into dantien again. One can bring the erection down by going from the penis to the navel then to the penis again a few times if it becomes close to climax from the tension. 

Cannabis, alcohol and stress can be triggers too but as long as you keep your ren mai flowing it shouldn't become too much of a strain to gain back control of the urges. 

Selfdestructive tendencies are tricky though and can take a while to change away from

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, kino said:

My breath is shallow. Been working on it for about 2 weeks now when I noticed that I couldnt float my legs while swimming in the ocean. My upper body floats fine, but my legs sink like a rock. When I follow my breath, it feels as if it cuts off at my hips and refuses to go to my lower body. 

Yes, based on the input of the OP, that is what I expected to hear from you. I had heard many cases of this kind of behavior. So far, you are the most serious one. Server breathing problem is the worse factor that deteriorates your physical being in lieu with mental health problem. The first thing for you to do is to correct the breathing problem; but you cannot do it in one day or one month. It takes many months or years to take effect depends on your diligent practice.

I don't know if you know how to take deep breaths at your present condition. Since your breathing is shallow and short, it means that you don't have enough oxygen to provide the body cells to generate the energy. To correct this problem, you must learn to breathe to a point that it will not cause suffocation, dizziness, or headache. Establish that point as baseline, then, exhale. Repeat the next breathing cycle and exhale at the baseline. Continue this practice until you can breathe deeper and deeper without any discomfort.

Yes, when you are more comfortable with your breathing, then, you may go into Taiji. If you would like to know more about Taiji, then,  go to my PPD.
https://www.thedaobums.com/forum/635-chidragon/

1. Sleep deeply and much more than normal

2. Do not wear out the senses excessively

3. Practice forgetfulness meditation or zuowang

4. A period of continence

5. Understand the four noble truths of existence

6. Try to live outdoors as much as possible

7. Eat only once a day so that the digestive system can rebalance.

8. Abstain from coffee, cigarettes and other irritants

• Like 1

Hi Kino,

It's great that you're talking to people. I'm so sorry to hear of your pain. I think you have found some great advice here. But first things first, there is a point to going on. And when the fog lifts by sheer effort it will become easier. You are building emotional muscle, giving you skills that might help others. Gravitate toward good things. The journey to health is paved with exceptional experiences. Take it at your pace.

@All

I cant thank you all enough for the support and sincere concern you showed towards my situation. This community is so wholesome and filled with compassionate people. Continue to shine light in the darkness of people's minds. 

I'm doing much better than I was yesterday. I started listening to the book of changes audio book. I had my mind and intentions in the wrong place. I wanted to heal but wasnt applying the right effort in the right way. My actions were counter intuitive to the result I wanted to see. I now know the depths of despair living incorrectly can take a man. I will strive to see heights that proper living can bring about. 

My energy is coming back and my breaths are getting deeper. Still not fully going down to my legs but I can breathe in my pelvis area now. I will continue to come back to this page to reread all the wonderful advice you all have given me and employ them in my daily life.  

Again thank you all, Much love and peace to you all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

12 hours ago, kino said:

@All

I cant thank you all enough for the support and sincere concern you showed towards my situation. This community is so wholesome and filled with compassionate people. Continue to shine light in the darkness of people's minds. 

I'm doing much better than I was yesterday. I started listening to the book of changes audio book. I had my mind and intentions in the wrong place. I wanted to heal but wasnt applying the right effort in the right way. My actions were counter intuitive to the result I wanted to see. I now know the depths of despair living incorrectly can take a man. I will strive to see heights that proper living can bring about. 

My energy is coming back and my breaths are getting deeper. Still not fully going down to my legs but I can breathe in my pelvis area now. I will continue to come back to this page to reread all the wonderful advice you all have given me and employ them in my daily life.  

Again thank you all, Much love and peace to you all.

I looked it up in a text book of mine 'Healing with Wholefoods' (Paul Pritchard' and among remedies for Jing it says 'Persons with ample jing, however, may become agitated with sexual desire unless it is transformed into a spiritual essence. Celibate yogis, monks, nuns, and others accomplish the transformation by various means, including selfless service, devotional practices, and spiritual disciplines.' page 364

On behalf of all of us, you're welcome 🙏

• Like 2

14 hours ago, kino said:

Much love and peace to you all.

Much love and peace to you as well.

• Like 1

On 11/2/2023 at 7:40 AM, kino said:

@Nahfets Thank you so much for your detailed response. 

I woke up this morning in one of the worst states I've ever been in. Thought I was coming out of the depression but it seems I thought wrong. This sense of hopelessness washed over me that when I sat to meditate I had to stop because of the dread I was feeling. This whole life felt like I've just been trying to heal since the onset of my depression at 14-15. I worry I may never heal and just end up suffering all the way through. I'm still here cause my mom is still alive and I dont want to hurt her, so I continue to suffer for her. I cant connect with anyone and life feels like one big prison.

How can I forgive my past hurts, how can I let go of the pain. I keep lugging it around with me like i'm addicted to the suffering. It's all getting too much to hold onto now. I want to let it go but I just dont know how to. Meditation helps to bring me to the immediate now, but it does not help to reframe the way I see the world. I would like to see the world differently but I dont know how. Is there a practice of something I can do to fix this?  

what is your diet like? that has a huge role on health and consciousness... also worrying about jing loss is a leak of jing... the worrying is spilling the neuronal electricity.. so we need a practice that helps our nervous system slowly relax into deeper and deeper levels of ease and carefree.. this will begin to stop the leakage of jing and allow it to start accumulating again... obviously stop all ejection of sexual fluids as that is a huge tax on jing... and id recommend quitting sugar, coffee, caffeine, tobacco and alcohol if you do any of those... stick to low glycemic foods that burn slowly release of carbs over longer period of time instead of sugar and refine carbs... eat plenty of health fats... ghee is a great food for replenishing jing.. as well as eggs and organic meats.. something about the cholesterol and lecithin  in eggs that allows the nervous system to build healthy myelin sheathing.. also eat lots of greens, raw and cooked.. the green energy really helps with opening ones heart.. but you have to be careful as animal foods also increase desire so the desire to release the jing you do start to build will increase.. so you need healthy outlets to move the energy so the pressure doesnt just build down below and get released. 

highly recommend developing a sitting meditation practice where you are tuning into the angst or worry.. feel it and feel into your heart and gut and be present with it... breath into it... imagine yourself is your child you are consoling and you are loving awareness , like a loving mother that is sending yourself love and compassion... this is a great practice of self-soothing and slowing down the nervous system and racing thoughts and allowing your nervous system to do some actual healing and restoration... 

id also recommend a light hatha yoga practice to help align and rechannel your energy winds so they are flowing in a balanced fashion... which has significant effects at changing ones thoughts and mind-stream to more peace... doing a sequence of asanas for 15 minutes followed by some alternate nostril breathing and meditation can help tremendously... you can also lay in savasana after and just rest. 

developing some sort of heart based meditation is probably the fastest, safest and most gentle ways to shift ones mind, body, health, and world view... you could even do a metta practice of wishing "may I myself be happy, may I be free of suffering"... really really being sincere in wanting this for yourself... its not selfish as this benefits not just you but whole universe... start with yourself then when you feel the good vibes extend it your family members and friends.. and then to people you maybe have problems with in  life... the Heart's electromagnetic field is way stronger than the brain's... so if you amplify your hearts field the whole body, the DNA, the cells all that entrain to the heart's frequency

hope that helps

• Like 1

More often than one might think, problems in life stem from thinking one has a problem.  Much can be improved simply by calming down and letting be.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 11/3/2023 at 4:08 AM, ChiDragon said:

Right now, my body is like a 25 year old man at the age of 75. Mentally, I am able to cope with the things of interest enthusiastically.

PS
Taiji is considered to be a form of Qigong. Please note that breathing must be considered in any form of Qigong to be effective. Otherwise, it would be waste of time in the practice.

An amazing achievement .

Yeah , breathing practice should be linked to  qigong , then emptied mind stuff , otherwise in the end , all is futile . Doing or paying attention to breathing is only some kind of thing doing at the transitive stage  , what we really want to do is  making use of the unreal  so as to attain the genuine ( breathing) (' 以假練真') .

Edited by exorcist_1699
  • Thanks 2

On 03/11/2023 at 7:08 AM, ChiDragon said:

have practiced Taiji for more than forty years. It have helped me to correct my health and mental problem tremendously. Right now, my body is like a 25 year old man at the age of 75. Mentally, I am able to cope with the things of interest enthusiastically.

I thought you were a young man. It's a great honour to make your acquaintance 🙏

• Thanks 1

Similar to women who , being frustrated or in depression , become addicted to eating snacks or shopping , many guys become  addicted to masturbation under depression or worries ,which likely are more hurtful . There are many ways to deal with it , here I only want to talk about those highest  ways of treatments or cultivation ('上品丹法')  as they are fundamental and most secured , which can be expressed in few sayings :

1)  " 事來無對之以心, 對之以性 "  ( " when affairs or troubles come , do not face them with  your minds or emotions , but your no Mind  " )

2) "境殺心則凡, 心殺境則仙, " (" those who are overtaken by their life scenarios are called the ordinary , those who overcome their life scenarios with their emptied Mind are called the immortals " )

3) "道不可須臾離 , 君子終日乾乾 "  (" people should not leave Dao even a second  ;  the saints always live and have  their Yang  qi reversed on the top " )

For sex drive and emotions ( anger, jealousy, fear..etc )  always secretly lurk  beneath us , and they get hold of us  unnoticed even in a second of time  . So, before they act  and strike , having us grasped , we put our  spirit up  there on a much higher plane that are free of their reach or hurt .

Edited by exorcist_1699
  • Like 3

On 11/5/2023 at 2:21 PM, liminal_luke said:

More often than one might think, problems in life stem from thinking one has a problem.  Much can be improved simply by calming down and letting be.

Screenshot_2023-11-07-09-08-46-30_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Maddie said:

Screenshot_2023-11-07-09-08-46-30_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg

I think this is especially likely to be true when it comes to sexual problems.  (of course, not always)

• I masturbate too much / not enough
  • My sex drive is too high / too low
  • I like doing the *wrong* things in the bedroom

and our favorite

• I'm losing my jing (often because of witchy women)
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, liminal_luke said:

I think this is especially likely to be true when it comes to sexual problems.  (of course, not always)

• I masturbate too much / not enough
  • My sex drive is too high / too low
  • I like doing the *wrong* things in the bedroom

and our favorite

• I'm losing my jing (often because of witchy women)

Does anyone actually say 'I don't masturbate enough'?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Apech said:

Does anyone actually say 'I don't masturbate enough'?

Good point.  Not here on the Bums they don't.  Would we get a different impression if we asked people on their deathbeds what they regret in life?  -_-  Maybe.

• Haha 1

IMO the real problem isn't masturbation or Jing loss, the problem is guilt.  

Edited by Maddie
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Maddie said:

IMO the real problem isn't masturbation or Jing loss, the problem guilt.  

Now I feel guilty about the guilty feelings...

~runs away~

:P

• Haha 1