styrofoamdog

Wizard Wang Liping?

As I understand it, there are only a handful of people who claim to have learned from Wang Liping. He is apparently very private, and few Daoists even in China seem to know about him. And of course David Verdesi claims to be a student of his.

My questions are aimed at everyone who is not a student of David Verdesi. I've read a lot about who Wang Liping is, from the book and from David Verdesi's students, but from no one else.

Has anyone seen a photo of Wang Liping? Has anyone heard of him being recognized in an official sense in China? Are there any articles about him anywhere? Has anyone on here ever met him? And does anyone know (not from the book and hearsay) what Wang Liping teaches?

As I understand it, there are only a handful of people who claim to have learned from Wang Liping. He is apparently very private, and few Daoists even in China seem to know about him. And of course David Verdesi claims to be a student of his.

My questions are aimed at everyone who is not a student of David Verdesi. I've read a lot about who Wang Liping is, from the book and from David Verdesi's students, but from no one else.

Has anyone seen a photo of Wang Liping? Has anyone heard of him being recognized in an official sense in China? Are there any articles about him anywhere? Has anyone on here ever met him? And does anyone know (not from the book and hearsay) what Wang Liping teaches?

I know that Liping teaches a pretty large seminar every summer, this last summer was down in Hainan. He teaches a lot of things but I suppose you could say the main thing he teaches is neidan cultivation from the Longmen Pai lineage.

No idea if he's officially recognized, however he is held in high regard by many Chinese cultivators. There are of course higher level folks out there, hidden away, but Wang Liping has chosen to make himself accessible, relatively speaking. From my understanding he lives pretty simply. You can find a picture on the internet, he looks like a normal guy.

By the way, I'm not one of David's students and never plan to pay for study with him. There are other routes. Though paying for it perhaps requires less luck.

Edited by 松永道

Styrofoamdog - good questions, Song Yongdao - a very sober, unpretentious and down-to-earth answer.

I wish all discussion here would be like this. Looking forward for more reliable information.

Thank you.

G.

Wang is well known in China and he is in good terms with the Daoist Association i.e. with the goverment.

After the 'qigong' turmoil generated by FLG and others the situation seems to be coming back to normal here, and Wang like others is starting to teach more openly.

He was last year on august at a Daoist Forum in Hainan where he taught many courses.

Last I spoke to his group they were based in Dalian

YM

Wang Liping

I am guessing this is him. Sean Denty met him in person so he can confirm the pic if he wants to I guess.

Yes, that's Wang

Here's a pic of him practicing in the '80ies

wanglipingnd7.jpg

YM

Thank you for the very helpful replies. Reading some of the other threads about the controversies surrounding David Verdesi, I found myself wondering more about Wang Liping. But from what I have read here, it sounds like he is the real deal.

Thanks for the pictures of Wang Liping, I've always wondered what he looked like.

Hope to meet him someday.

Therion

This september/october there will be a group of about 15 to 20 of David verdesi's students who are going to meet Master wang liping and get direct transmission from him.Hopefully some of them share there experiances in this forum

Yeah it's one thing to kill a bull using a karate chop and a totally other thing to suck the bull's life-force in and then transmit it into your students.

Hello Everyone,

Last month, June 2008, I organized a group of 8 people for a 10-day retreat with Master Wang Liping in China. There is always the possibility of another group forming if enough people are interested. If there is enough interest perhaps Master Wang will come to the US one day in the future.

Edward Richards

Chicago, IL

Edited by chinadao

Thanks for the update here, Chinadao.

It was claimed by the Lei Shan Dao/Foundation people that Wang Shifu walked through a wall. Can you confirm these kinds of supernatural abilities of Wang Shifu?

Re the b/w picture of Wang Shifu he sure has a very nice full lotus there.

And if I may say so he looks a bit like Bruce Lee in this picture (and no, that's not because he's Asian and they all look the same to me; I've met many and can differentiate them pretty well :-)).

Yeah it's one thing to kill a bull using a karate chop and a totally other thing to suck the bull's life-force in and then transmit it into your students.

it wasnt liping that did that :)