Conradom

The Basics

Recommended Posts

I'm looking for some book(s) recommendations. I'm interested in the internal arts, so i'm looking to have a better theoretical grasp of the whole energetic interplay of our body and the cosmic forces.

Where Is good place to start? I've been meditating for a few years already; I've done some energetic healing courses and I'm currently learning tai chi, so I have a little background on the subject.

I was also looking into doing the Nathan Brine online course or Damo Mitchell's but maybe I'm getting ahead of myself. Maybe I should start by doing some general reading....

 

Thanks in advance

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the natural Earth human, the Cosmos provides a vertical stream of Light that anchors in the head producing consciousness and in the heart producing life force and allowing resonance with Divine Intent.

 

Most Earth humans have interferences with that stream of Light - some self-generated, some self-attracted, and some imposed.

 

Not all people are natural Earth humans

 

The unimpeded flow of Light is central to humans taking on cosmic functions

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Conradom said:

I'm looking for some book(s) recommendations. I'm interested in the internal arts, so i'm looking to have a better theoretical grasp of the whole energetic interplay of our body and the cosmic forces.

Where Is good place to start? I've been meditating for a few years already; I've done some energetic healing courses and I'm currently learning tai chi, so I have a little background on the subject.

I was also looking into doing the Nathan Brine online course or Damo Mitchell's but maybe I'm getting ahead of myself. Maybe I should start by doing some general reading....

 

Thanks in advance

I'd try going through their YouTube channels to find videos that stick out to you.  I've only tried Nathan's foundations course but found it to be very in line with his first book.  Damo's book was broader in scope, as is his course, but it might be useful to listen to their theoretical lectures to see who's more in line with what you're looking for.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the Bums Conradom.

 

I appreciate each of the books of Dr Yang Jwing-Ming that I've read. 

The Root of Chinese Qi Gong in particular gives solid overview and theory as a starter, with a few practical applications discussed as well.

 

Best to you on your journey mate.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would not recommend reading or doing anything from Damo's stuff or YJM for they teach very simplified versions of "internal arts". But it depends on what you are looking for.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, silent thunder said:

Welcome to the Bums Conradom.

 

I appreciate each of the books of Dr Yang Jwing-Ming that I've read. 

The Root of Chinese Qi Gong in particular gives solid overview and theory as a starter, with a few practical applications discussed as well.

 

Best to you on your journey mate.

 

I will have a look. Thanks for the book recommendation.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My advice:

 

1. No reading

2. Find a good teacher in real life

3. Practice with effort

 

The whole thing will make sense to you eventually.

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/3/2023 at 11:29 PM, Conradom said:

I'm looking for some book(s) recommendations. I'm interested in the internal arts, so i'm looking to have a better theoretical grasp of the whole energetic interplay of our body and the cosmic forces.

Where Is good place to start? I've been meditating for a few years already; I've done some energetic healing courses and I'm currently learning tai chi, so I have a little background on the subject.

I was also looking into doing the Nathan Brine online course or Damo Mitchell's but maybe I'm getting ahead of myself. Maybe I should start by doing some general reading....

 

Thanks in advance

 

I got a lot out of The Tai Chi Boxing Chronicle by Kuo Lien Ying which is very specific to taijiquan. It took several readings over time. As my experience in practice deepened, I could understand more and more of the book’s lessons.

https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/101474/the-tai-chi-boxing-chronicle-by-kuo-lien-ying-translated-by-guttmann/

 

 

Another valuable book for me was Original Tao by Harold Roth. It’s a translation and commentary on a classic text, Nei Yeh.

https://cup.columbia.edu/book/original-tao/9780231115643

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the question and the answers remind me of why I switched over from Taoism to Buddhism. Taoism just seems confusing and there aren't a lot of clear straightforward answers whereas Buddhism is much better explained. Not that I dislike Taoism but it's just hard to understand.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This whole path is not about an specific religion; intrinsically they are all valid, but Taoism differs from the rest as it is closely related to the action of the two major forces that give rise to our entire reality and which lie deep inside all of us: Yin & Yang.

 

A good method taught by a good teacher who has practised in earnest will help you understand the whole thing proven you have put the effort and concentration levels required which will lead you to self-realisation. 

 

No books can replace wisdom.

 

Its also a must practicing in the natural environment; it's immensely beneficial since the Tao follows what is natural: fresh air, good Qi, five elements in equal proportion, mind becomes relaxed as a result and your practice will greatly improve. 

 

I can't see how a book can provide all of the above. 

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2023-03-04 at 6:39 AM, Lairg said:

In the natural Earth human, the Cosmos provides a vertical stream of Light that anchors in the head producing consciousness and in the heart producing life force and allowing resonance with Divine Intent.

 

Most Earth humans have interferences with that stream of Light - some self-generated, some self-attracted, and some imposed.

 

Not all people are natural Earth humans

 

The unimpeded flow of Light is central to humans taking on cosmic functions

 

 

Where is this info from?

 

On 2023-03-04 at 6:29 AM, Conradom said:

I'm looking for some book(s) recommendations. I'm interested in the internal arts, so i'm looking to have a better theoretical grasp of the whole energetic interplay of our body and the cosmic forces.

Where Is good place to start? I've been meditating for a few years already; I've done some energetic healing courses and I'm currently learning tai chi, so I have a little background on the subject.

I was also looking into doing the Nathan Brine online course or Damo Mitchell's but maybe I'm getting ahead of myself. Maybe I should start by doing some general reading....

 

Thanks in advance

 

Adam mizner, Damo mitchell, Nathan Brine are good. If you’re a bit crazy like me, u can follow the rabbit hole of mantak chia's transmittions as well.

Edited by Salvijus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

Where is this info from?

 

My own observations and experiments

 

For example at a conference I spotted two young women that had physical bodies of the type tree spirits make when they are human.   

 

So I approached them separately and asked:  Do you like being human?

 

Both instantly replied:  No!!

 

 

Edited by Lairg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Salvijus said:

Where is this info from?

 

 

Adam mizner, Damo mitchell, Nathan Brine are good. If you’re a bit crazy like me, u can follow the rabbit hole of mantak chia's transmittions as well.

As one of OJ's lawyers would say:

If you have any omissions

In Mantak Chia's transmissions

You will have painful emissions

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Lairg said:

 

My own observations and experiments

 

For example at a conference I spotted two young women that had physical bodies of the type tree spirits make when they are human.   

 

So I approached them separately and asked:  Do you like being human?

 

Both instantly replied:  No!!

 

What sort of conference was this?

 

And did they think of themselves as tree spirits?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EFreethought said:

 

What sort of conference was this?

 

And did they think of themselves as tree spirits?

 

 

They were female Freemasons.   And I did not ask them about tree spirits.  I just recognized the body type:  tall, thin, sexually ambiguous - so I tried an experiment.

 

 

 

 

Edited by Lairg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Salvijus said:

Adam mizner, Damo mitchell, Nathan Brine are good. If you’re a bit crazy like me, u can follow the rabbit hole of mantak chia's transmittions as well.

 

Yes, they are good at selling books. What sort of "mantak chia's transmittions " you mean? One must be really crazy to follow mantak chia' book instructions. Remember, please, no any book can transmit anything. This all mentioned above is simple qigong, some of it is good for health at least, but some of it is quite hazardous. I am not sure about Nathan Brine's methods but it seems to be Wang Liping's "northen" sitting methods of meditations. May be best out of all listed above but even this is quite risky path if done without qualified instructions. For they cultivate Xing by loosing Ming which has its own downsides along the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lairg said:

 

My own observations and experiments

 

For example at a conference I spotted two young women that had physical bodies of the type tree spirits make when they are human.   

 

So I approached them separately and asked:  Do you like being human?

 

Both instantly replied:  No!!

 

 

Okey, interesting. Im gonna take some blind faith and assume you're genuine and not full of bs ūüėĬ†

 

That light thing u were talking about cought my attention bc i don't see any taoists or buddhist or yoga schools talking about it. But there's this new phenomena that opened up inside me of feeling glorious white light descending into me after i started to study and been initiated into ancient essenes practices.

 

1 hour ago, Antares said:

Yes, they are good at selling books. What sort of "mantak chia's transmittions " you mean? One must be really crazy to follow mantak chia' book instructions. Remember, please, no any book can transmit anything

 

No i mean genuine¬†direct shakti pad transmittions, awakening of light, kundalini energy or whatever u wanna call it. And programing the energy to behave in a certain way to make the chi flow through particular pathways. Each level of practice he teaches can be downloaded into the energy system so that your energy system behaves and knows how to do the practice without a u¬†understanding a damn thing¬†about it intelectually ūüėÄ It's only if you're intiated that mantak chia's practices begin to make sense imo. Without it it would take a milion years to figure out this all out by yourself.

Edited by Salvijus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

That light thing u were talking about cought my attention bc i don't see any taoists or buddhist or yoga schools talking about it. But there's this new phenomena that opened up inside me of feeling glorious white light descending into me after i started to study and been initiated into ancient essenes practices.

 

In the well-adjusted human, a vertical stream of white light descends through the brain and anchors in the heart.  For most humans pushing  heart-light around the physical body and to other entities is about all that is needed for some years.  Eventually there is intervention in the meditation to provide advanced techniques and upgrades to the lightbody

 

Many humans are not well-adjusted with karmic and group problems.  With some the Light bounces off the top of the head or off the heart.  They have real trouble

 

For yourself:  push heart-light into your base chakra to remove the dark parasite

 

 

Edited by Lairg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lairg said:

 

In the well-adjusted human, a vertical stream of white light descends through the brain and anchors in the heart.  For most humans pushing  heart-light around the physical body and to other entities is about all that is needed for some years.  Eventually there is intervention in the meditation to provide advanced techniques and upgrades to the lightbody

 

Many humans are not well-adjusted with karmic and group problems.  With some the Light bounces off the top of the head.  They have real trouble

 

 

Interesting. U sound genuine :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Salvijus said:

Interesting. U sound genuine :)

 

Eventually you will learn how to test such hypotheses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Lairg what's the end goal of feeling more and more of that Light, glorious energy?

Edited by Salvijus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lairg said:

For yourself:  push heart-light into your base chakra to remove the dark parasite

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Salvijus said:

what's the end goal of feeling more and more of that Light, glorious energy?

 

Being a son of "God" you should inherit part of the family business.    But you need to be skilful in the use of Light.

 

 

Edited by Lairg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites