Sign in to follow this  
Zhongyongdaoist

Experiments in Weather Magic

9 hours ago, Nungali said:

Well, to make the  weather like it has been ,  people must be REALLY out of the natural order nowadays  ..... do you think so ?

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif9etuPd8.gif

tumblr_mmebflUfSk1qmvy8zo1_500.gif

And why did it take the heavens 70 years to react if pollution or urbanisation was the only trigger?

The earliest indications of lead pollution come from the roman empire and the extensive use of lead for the processing of silver used in coinage. How did the climate change then?

The ethical dimension of people today seems to have infuriated the heavens more than anything else.

Edited by Zork

13 hours ago, Zork said:

And why did it take the heavens 70 years to react if pollution or urbanisation was the only trigger?

'heavens'  ....  does that mean 'atmosphere '  ? 

13 hours ago, Zork said:

The earliest indications of lead pollution come from the roman empire and the extensive use of lead for the processing of silver used in coinage. How did the climate change then?

Was that a serious question ?

13 hours ago, Zork said:

The ethical dimension of people today seems to have infuriated the heavens more than anything else.

' ethical dimensions '    ?  

The biggest effect on climate had been the development of agriculture ... was that  'unethical  dimensions'  ?

Did you know that after Ghengis Khan's  'little flurry' across Europe,  the atmospheric oxygen levels went up  and a re-greening process occurred ?  Thats one example of how some people's 'morals' effect climate .

https://www.livescience.com/11739-wars-plagues-carbon-climate.html

Working with the weather, you need to consider the overall balance of the atmosphere. Creating rain in a particular place is not impossible, but it may result in a drought and massive fires in another area.

It ends up as in the anecdote, "We wanted to make things better, but it turned out as usual."

• Like 1

So whether someone is able to manipulate weather or not, I once heard this story from one teacher talking to a Daoist master in the 1980s who was asked by the Chinese PLA why he couldn't just control the weather all the time to put out forest fires or deal with droughts like the heat wave now in China.

The master simply said "It goes against nature and there will be consequences doing it often."

Said heat wave and drought in China now plus a typhoon greater than the one I experienced last December is now striking the northern part of the country I'm in: if where I was ended up being a threat signal 4 out of 5, the incoming one now is a signal 5.

I think it's best for people not to piss off nature, nature spirits, or assert their will, whether through magic or otherwise, as those beings are already expressing their anger with us very clearly now.

https://www.rappler.com/nation/weather/forecast-track-updates-news-typhoon-karding-philippines-2022/

Edited by Earl Grey

On 24/09/2022 at 4:54 PM, Neirong said:

Working with the weather, you need to consider the overall balance of the atmosphere. Creating rain in a particular place is not impossible, but it may result in a drought and massive fires in another area.

It ends up as in the anecdote, "We wanted to make things better, but it turned out as usual."

Yes. That is why I put up the images of El Nino , La Nina and 'Normal' .

The current problem was an imbalance away from normal . Its all explained back through the thread posts   < < <

" "We wanted to make things better, but it turned out as usual." - reminds me of Sufi proverb ;   'Death in Samarkand'   ;)  

Spoiler

A man living in Baghdad went to a fortune teller and was told : " Death will find you in the market place within one months time . "

Terrified the man went no where near the market place  , and in fact decided to leave the  city and  go far away .  Finally he felt safe when in Samarkand , but then, one day when walking in the market place there  a hand clamped down on his shoulder, he turned and saw it was Death .

Death said to him  ;  " Here you are !   I wondered why I had an appointment with you in Samarkand ... when I knew you lived in Bahgdad . "

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

On 9/25/2022 at 5:22 PM, Nungali said:

The current problem was an imbalance away from normal . Its all explained back through the thread posts   < < <

Who is it that determines what is "normal"?   Which person gets to define that as a "standard" for every other person?

I used to think I had met a few 'normal' people in my life.

Then in some cases, I got to know them better and realized, I was assuming.

In a tangentially related way, I used to suffer from insanity.

Now... I quite enjoy it.

29 minutes ago, Invisible Acropolis said:

Who is it that determines what is "normal"?   Which person gets to define that as a "standard" for every other person?

Statistics .   Sorry to dampen whatever personal vendetta you have against whoever .

Just now, Nungali said:

Statistics .   Sorry to dampen whatever personal vendetta you have against whoever .

Uh oh!  I didnt mean to upset you.  I was just wondering what statistics you are referring to.  Simply replacing the word "normal" with the word "statistics" doesnt explain anything.  It just moves the goal post.

29 minutes ago, Invisible Acropolis said:

We designated Nungali for a while but then reconsidered...

EhzLARSXYAY85Z4?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Haha 1

Upset ?   :D

It was about weather , not putting people into categories  of normal and abnormal .

And it isnt a word replacement ... its an explanation ....   'normal' weather patterns and normal fluctuations and even normal 'turn arounds' in  La Nina El Nino have been a 'normal pattern' for hundreds of years .... it is what drove human exploration and settlement of the Pacific Islands .

However, normality in weather IS dependent on time frame  .

• Like 1

Just now, Nungali said:

Upset ?   :D

It was about weather , not putting people into categories  of normal and abnormal .

And it isnt a word replacement ... its an explanation ....   'normal' weather patterns and normal fluctuations and even normal 'turn arounds' in  La Nina El Nino have been a 'normal pattern' for hundreds of years .... it is what drove human exploration and settlement of the Pacific Islands .

However, normality in weather IS dependent on time frame  .

You still havent explained what "normal" means.  It seems pretty obvious you dont really know what you are talking about, but rather are simply using words for their own sake - as in, "i can name this, therefore i understand this" which is a fallacy and incorrect.

"Statistics" require observation, yes, within a certain "time frame".  Therefore the standard itself is based on a scale which cannot be grasped by human minds to begin with.  This is why your conception of "normal" is only based on your own extremely limited human mind.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, steve said:

We designated Nungali for a while but then reconsidered...

EhzLARSXYAY85Z4?format=jpg&name=900x900

... but then reconsidered when he showed us how he could levitate , whilst in his car  ( and levitate that too )  with powerful Dragon Gate Chi-gung-ho !  - Unfortunately , the levitation method I used  was based on galactic central LDT and I neglected to include calculations for Earth's rotation ... damn building crashed right into me !  :(

• Haha 3

Just now, Invisible Acropolis said:

You still havent explained what "normal" means. 

In probability theory, the normal distribution is a very common continuous probability distribution. Normal distributions are important in statistics and are often used in the natural and social sciences to represent real-valued random variables whose distributions are not known. A random variable with a Gaussian distribution is said to be normally distributed and is called a normal deviate.

- oh-oh .... I used the statistics word again .

I will admit to being a normal deviate

It seems pretty obvious you dont really know what you are talking about, but rather are simply using words for their own sake - as in, "i can name this, therefore i understand this" which is a fallacy and incorrect.

Yes. I have not a clue what I am talking about .... read through my posts and you will see they are full of incomprehensible garbage .

Just randomly typing away putting word after word that means nothing at all .

"Statistics" require observation, yes, within a certain "time frame".  Therefore the standard itself is based on a scale which cannot be grasped by human minds to begin with.  This is why your conception of "normal" is only based on your own extremely limited human mind.

Oh ... I see ... you think the internationally  scientifically recognized deviation away from  normal weather patterns is MY conception !

Oh no no no .... no wonder you got confused .  My own extremely limited human mind could never access and suggest such a thing .... I just blindly follow along with whatever the system tells me to do .    :mellow:

• Like 1

American Indians working with earth and sky spirits could seek weather changes, but the true ones didn't go around saying "I" changed the weather...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nungali said:

… the normal distribution …

:lol: Most people are around the bend. :P

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cobie said:

:lol: Most people are around the bend. :P

So ..... 

Most people are abnormal ?

Oh good, I feel a lot better now .  . .    I was feeling alienated  for a while there  ( the last 67 years ) .

Pffft ... such comments are merely fueled by jealousy.   I AM actually special ! 

You will see .

.... as soon as I get this treatment mask off 

man-put-treatment-mask-his-wife-ask-him-to-his-face-52085993.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=b3b3a052ffa9b5985c779824261728a4dda5c24112065c2dec74694d08c9f239&ipo=images

... and put on my new accordion pants

very-funny-weird-ugly-pants-men-women-fun-humor-clothing-style-images-pictures-bajiroo-photos-1.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=56e7b3bd5bbafdc4ec16e67120592cfae74e0ba844f95a3c30b3c02812354c03&ipo=images

• Haha 1

In the 1950s, Wilhelm Reich invented the cloudbuster, which consisted of a set of hollow tubes that pointed at the sky. Connected to a water source — ideally moving water — the device was supposed to manipulate orgone energy in order to create new cloud formations when it was pointed up at the clouds. According to The Guardian, Reich was hired by blueberry farmers in Maine to use his cloudbuster to end a drought. Reich used his cloudbuster for an hour, and the next morning, the rain came and saved the farmers' crop. Whether or not this was due to the success of Reich cloudbuster remains up for debate, and estimates for how much it rained over the next few days range from 0.75 inches to 2 inches (per "The Ashgate Research Companion to Paranormal Cultures").

The same book writes that Reich even conducted a series of experiments in Arizona to transform the environment of the state, but he was ultimately unsuccessful.

Read More: https://www.grunge.com/877164/the-historical-and-scientific-inspiration-behind-kate-bushs-cloudbusting/?utm_campaign=clip

Awww .... you didnt supply a picture of it .  What a wonderful lawn sculpture it would make ;

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.dR-4Kw4-XZCSENJjiak4NgHaG-%26pid%3DApi&f=1&ipt=306241dfda6e1fc32c392e1b7a9b349729796b53875c7b1870beeee2d4634b15&ipo=images     

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.4Xy7FV3NgXr4di22OhGylQHaLR%26pid%3DApi&f=1&ipt=5cc75109c1143b3af0761446cefc9d07e74de8560b6ac5fd6d5cbde09eb54915&ipo=images

Materials list .... 6 double terminated quartz rods     !

Curious -   when I worked for Bio-dynamic Agriculture Australia  I was making prep 501 ..... out of smashed and ground quartz crystal rods . It has a variety of applications but works via induction into the atmosphere .  Note, not the  local area  'air' but the atmosphere itself .... supposedly .   I was .... 'yeah, right .'    So I decided to try some at home . I was warned to make sure the spray went up ( so best after dawn ) into the air and not near trees or vegetation as it may 'burn' them .... especially native vegetation .

Another reason I was skeptical is the preparation is ;  mix the 501 into water by stirring and then it has to go through a very fine filter to remove the small particles  ( as they would ruin the pump seals in any aerial sprayer ) . Since quartz particles do not dissolve in water ( by stirring for 20 minutes ) , there would be no physical quartz in the spray . Anyway , I sprayed some  at home and decided to do one small 'clear' spot near the house .  There is a native bottle tree nearby . Some spray drifted towards that tree but at the time I did not worry .

After a few days the leaves on a few branches on that side of the tree started to brown and dry and fall off . Those branches never recovered , they died off . Still today that tree has less foliage on that side .   Curious .

Another curious  thing about quartz ( aside from its ability to generate electricity when under pressure  ) is its association with lightening strikes  ( underground quartz seams can attract lightening  where they come close to the surface  ) and its association with    Aboriginal energetic 'ground networks' .

15 hours ago, Archaeoastronomer (Archi) said:

Wilhelm Reich invented the cloudbuster,

When Reich was jailed the FBI burned all his laboratory notes.  I wonder why.

"On 23 August, six tons of Reich's books, journals and papers were burned in New York, at the Gansevoort incinerator, a public incinerator on 25th Street. The material included copies of several of his books, including The Sexual Revolution, Character Analysis and The Mass Psychology of Fascism. Although these had been published in German before Reich ever discussed orgone, he had added mention of it to the English editions, so they were caught by the injunction.[160] It has been cited as one of the worst examples of censorship in U.S. history.[n 2]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilhelm_Reich

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this