Sign in to follow this  
Zhongyongdaoist

Experiments in Weather Magic

22 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

God forbid the weather be controlled by someone’s consciousness when it includes self-taught chaos magickians from Internet forums, self-righteous system zealots with extreme anger management issues, horny adolescents trying to summon a succubus to copulate with, and grumpy old men who get annoyed when their students ask too many questions.

Reveal hidden contents

The few times I’ve seen qigong masters with weather control, the best way to characterize them is that they’re happy and enlightened, they just don’t care about you or how you feel when they tell you to fuck off after begging to know how to control weather like them.

I remember once during a bushfire   ' someone's consciousness' thought we needed big rain so they asked an Aboriginal shaman to do something about that .   His response  ?

" No ,    everybody getting bad ideas   and making bad spirits ...   they all need a big smoking ceremony ."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smoking_ceremony

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Lairg said:

"Weather magick is not about exerting control over the elements, but connecting to the flow of energy and moving with the currents to manifest your will. "

https://www.spiralnature.com/magick/weather-witching-harnessing-power-weather-magick/

Well, if you are going to sample and plaster such stuff in this thread ..... I am going to sample a bit of of your plastering

lets see what does your 'reference' state ....

"  I’m not a weather witch, but I am gifted at whistling up (or blowing out, since I can’t whistle) the wind  ."

That says it all    :D  

and I might suggest he isnt the only one that is  'gifted in blowing out the wind'  . 

By the way ..... I am a gifted  magical singer !  I cant sing though , so I just mouth the words . 

20 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

You prefer to cite a generic website to reinforce your view as though it were some absolute universal law?

he is one of those new guys ... the 'new consciousness'   man  !

I'll have to explain it to you becasue you are SOOOO old school ... get with it dude !

It works like this :   you write on a subject you have studied and  have experience in .... lets say  eg.  Yoga .

I read it , rush off to do a google search, find  whatever ( it doesnt matter what )  'stuff' on the internet and then plaster your thread with it .

if you respond , I will talk illogical unconnected nonsense back at you   :)

GOSH !  Its getting so bad here  that one might be driven off to another forum that doesnt allow crap like that 

;) 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, mcoolio said:

Experiments with weather magick on a small scale I can understand. But when you talk about trying weather magick on this large a scale ... First thing it does is that it makes me question your understanding of magick in the first place.

I'd be looking a little deeper into Donalds 'published' work here on DBs before making such a statement .

First of all there is the question of having the ability to do this in the first place. Seems to me is that what you are essentially doing is going against nature. To go against nature on such a large scale ... Seems to me like you would have to be an INCREDIBLY powerful magician.

Not necessarily .... this IS a Daoist website .

Would I use magick 'downstream' to change the course of a river  when I can 'nudge' its source in a spring a 'little to the left' .

and you say its against nature ?????

Ummmm .... how do you think  the present climate change situation came about ?

And if you would be able to create such a large change, there is the question of what the consequences of such an action would be. I have heard seemingly knowledgable people talk about always asking oracles (yijing ...) about what you intend to do before you use magick to do it, to see what the consequences would be. I can image that when going against nature to such an extent ... She will not be pleased at all :).

Look at the the three diagrams I posted .   What would ideally be required  is a RETURN to the natural balance   ( the top image )

And to continue with that idea, it would seem to me that to really be a good magician, is to understand it's deeper mechanisms, and that might basically be to understand the deeper mechanisms of life itself. The changes of the world, essentially the Yi Jing. And that the magician understands and sees these changes(as Lairg stated) and knows how to flow with them, not go against (will magick even work in a too strong going against attitude?).

Well, I suppose that could be ONE definition of magic .  The other one is ALL ABOUT change ... but making change in the way you outline .  Think about my above analogy of changing the course of a river .

Take  your idea too far and  ...Down here we call that ;  'Not giving a shit' .

I cant see Donald as the Nero type

0*uP1IeDAp627IqsyD.jpg

So considering all that. The thought of tackling climate change with magick does seem a little bit off to me and even going against the idea of magick itself.

You must have a 'unique perspective' on what magic is then ?

I would hope we can help change consciousness with magic  ( which is what it should be about ) so more people want to take on the  personal life challenges that addressing climate change is going to entail ... for all of us .

( Well, not me , I'll be dead before  that really kicks in  .... good luck guys .  )

The power of the human consciousness (again as Lairg stated), as a large group(large enough) of people going, thinking unified in one direction, however, seems to me that is truly powerful and that could really induce some powerful changes to the world (universe?).

Do you realise what unbelievable HAVOC that would cause ?    Just look at the power of human consciousness though out our history !

It reads like some type of violent psychopathic monster !

You would need a ' mass mind sieve '  first  too get rid of all the bad crap .

Just to clarify, I appreciate OP posting about his experiment here and hope we can discuss it in a pleasant manner. This is my idea of how magick works and if it is wrong, I gladly have someone here correct the gaps in my knowledge.

Then lets all stop the usual Daobums BS  and give him a chance fer Gawds sake !

7 hours ago, helpfuldemon said:

Crowley would have been all about weather magic.

Finally, I am glad I am getting old .  And find such casual modern 'non-speak'  not worth interpreting .

I'm gonna go and sit by the river instead ... and enjoy the sunshine  .

( Update - yes, our rain went away , to the east  ... off towards 'that midpoint '   -  the 'el Nino / la Nina ' swap over ... in diagram 2) .

Be interesting to see what happens to the next lot of supposed rain predicted  in a few days .

8 hours ago, Nungali said:
22 hours ago, mcoolio said:

Experiments with weather magick on a small scale I can understand. But when you talk about trying weather magick on this large a scale ... First thing it does is that it makes me question your understanding of magick in the first place.

I'd be looking a little deeper into Donalds 'published' work here on DBs before making such a statement .

Perhaps my wording was a bit strong here, I didn't mean it that way. I just wanted to question his idea of wanting to tackle climate change with magick in this way.

First of all there is the question of having the ability to do this in the first place. Seems to me is that what you are essentially doing is going against nature. To go against nature on such a large scale ... Seems to me like you would have to be an INCREDIBLY powerful magician.

Not necessarily .... this IS a Daoist website .

Would I use magick 'downstream' to change the course of a river  when I can 'nudge' its source in a spring a 'little to the left' .

and you say its against nature ?????

Ummmm .... how do you think  the present climate change situation came about ?

Look at the the three diagrams I posted .   What would ideally be required  is a RETURN to the natural balance   ( the top image )

Exactly, human behaviour is what caused it is what we say know. Now say we do manage to use some kind magik thing to restore the balance. Did we really give a 'nudge' in the source? Then all of us idiot humans will say, 'oh look, everything seems fine' let's keep doing the way we do. One keeps continuing to exhaust the earth will the other keeps doing his magic stuff to artificially keep the balance. And we don't learn the lessons we are supposed to learn at this point in the evolution of humanity!

Then, at one point it is going to explode even worse. Because, let's be honest, the past years it has really become clear how stupid us humans really are, we will find ways to cause even more damage.

It is like a doctor being ignorant, treating some symptoms and not looking deeper for the actual cause of the disease. Perhaps sometimes that's okay and it alleviates the symptoms without making the cause worse. But perhaps sometimes it can also do more harm then good.

So considering all that. The thought of tackling climate change with magick does seem a little bit off to me and even going against the idea of magick itself.

You must have a 'unique perspective' on what magic is then ?

I would think that to be truly powerful in magic you have to be able to see the changes of the world on a deep level. And to go with them as much as possible, indeed like you say 'giving small nudges' here and there. Now what I wanted to say is that wanting to tackle climate change in this way, is perhaps seeing the changes on a superficial level. Are you really treating the cause or just a symptom? What kind of karma are you creating with this action?

I would hope we can help change consciousness with magic  ( which is what it should be about ) so more people want to take on the  personal life challenges that addressing climate change is going to entail ... for all of us .

Yes! And this already completely different from trying to change the weather. But I would like to take things even further:

Perhaps the ultimate lesson for the magician, who has reached the highest levels, is that he doesn't really needs to use his magic that much. He simply lives in harmony with the changes and let's everything unfold knowing that the divine is in everything. Have you ever heard of the term Fravashi?

The power of the human consciousness (again as Lairg stated), as a large group(large enough) of people going, thinking unified in one direction, however, seems to me that is truly powerful and that could really induce some powerful changes to the world (universe?).

Do you realise what unbelievable HAVOC that would cause ?    Just look at the power of human consciousness though out our history !

Can you truly call that 'human consciousness'. To me that seems more like 'inconsciousness' :D

Just to clarify, I appreciate OP posting about his experiment here and hope we can discuss it in a pleasant manner. This is my idea of how magick works and if it is wrong, I gladly have someone here correct the gaps in my knowledge.

Then lets all stop the usual Daobums BS  and give him a chance fer Gawds sake !

No, like I said, I am glad OP posted, I look forward hearing how his experiments go. Weather magick is still interesting and it is interesting to see how far you can go with it. Perhaps OP only wanted to share with us his weather magic experiment and unfortunately he got all of this crap talk.

But this is a discussion forum and I like to criticize and question and challenge other peoples ideas, a little more than is probably good :D

Oh and by the way, I have practically ZERO experience in magic whatsoever, I have no idea what I'm talking about :rolleyes:!

Edited by mcoolio

58 minutes ago, mcoolio said:

Perhaps my wording was a bit strong here, I didn't mean it that way. I just wanted to question his idea of wanting to tackle climate change with magick in this way.

Good .

Exactly, human behaviour is what caused it is what we say know. Now say we do manage to use some kind magik thing to restore the balance. Did we really give a 'nudge' in the source?

I said 'not necessarily'   and it was in response to your statement .  My example  is general and is one approach , that is what I meant , I was in no way suggesting that Donald was doing that .

But I find your two above sentences a little confusing  -    you asked ,  "  say we do manage to use some kind magik thing to restore the balance "  and then posed ;  " Did we really give a 'nudge' in the source? "

That would depend IF the type of 'magic thing' we did ,    DID work on nudging  the source .

Then all of us idiot humans will say, 'oh look, everything seems fine' let's keep doing the way we do. One keeps continuing to exhaust the earth will the other keeps doing his magic stuff to artificially keep the balance. And we don't learn the lessons we are supposed to learn at this point in the evolution of humanity!

Then, at one point it is going to explode even worse. Because, let's be honest, the past years it has really become clear how stupid us humans really are, we will find ways to cause even more damage.

It is like a doctor being ignorant, treating some symptoms and not looking deeper for the actual cause of the disease. Perhaps sometimes that's okay and it alleviates the symptoms without making the cause worse. But perhaps sometimes it can also do more harm then good.

Look, I have NO idea whatsoever IF that is part of Donald's workings or not .  But I have no reason to assume  he is ignorant of all this .

I would think that to be truly powerful in magic you have to be able to see the changes of the world on a deep level. And to go with them as much as possible, indeed like you say 'giving small nudges' here and there. Now what I wanted to say is that wanting to tackle climate change in this way, is perhaps seeing the changes on a superficial level. Are you really treating the cause or just a symptom? What kind of karma are you creating with this action?

Like I said , who knows even what his working was ?   He did outline concern and a need to address a dangerous situation  . 

Lets say he has already  rung for the ambulance and  is now trying to staunch the bleeding due to the immediate threat ..... for all I know, he might also work as a medic ... or be sitting on the climate change council , or be a front line lobbyist or protestor or  ....

I think its  valid ..... impersonal questions ...  to do with the ethics of magic ... and I might cane some idiot or  crazy person here that is posting  and respond as you have .

All I can say is read his stuff and then come to any personal conclusions .

Yes! And this already completely different from trying to change the weather. But I would like to take things even further:

Perhaps the ultimate lesson for the magician, who has reached the highest levels, is that he doesn't really needs to use his magic that much. He simply lives in harmony with the changes and let's everything unfold knowing that the divine is in everything.

Of course, that is what I do too ... but it took bloody hard work and magical 'trickery' to get there .

However ,  when bushfire  seriously threatened my community .... in a  climate change event  ....  I certainly didnt hesitate to use 'weather  magic' . 

Can you truly call that 'human consciousness'. To me that seems more like 'inconsciousness' :D

It is, sadly, human consciousness , yes, it generated in part by 'lower unconscious forces' .  Perhaps what you mean is , humans do not generally operate from the 'superconscious'  ?

No, like I said, I am glad OP posted, I look forward hearing how his experiments go. Weather magick is still interesting and it is interesting to see how far you can go with it. Perhaps OP only wanted to share with us his weather magic experiment and unfortunately he got all of this crap talk.

Yeah .

But this is a discussion forum and I like to criticize and question and challenge other peoples ideas, a little more than is probably good :D

That is the idea generally  .    It is good if its valid .  But some times its .... cyclical .... and that gets us old timers cantankerous  sometimes   ;) 

Oh and by the way, I have practically ZERO experience in magic whatsoever, I have no idea what I'm talking about :rolleyes:!

Have e you ever heard of the term Fravashi?

No ?  What is it ? 

I have practically ZERO experience in Avestan  spiritual components whatsoever ,    I have no idea what I'm talking about  :rolleyes:

Edited by Nungali

On 9/9/2022 at 12:06 AM, Zhongyongdaoist said:

I called this "experiments" in Weather Magic because my interest at this time is whether weather magic can be used to address the issue of climate change, which is why climate change is one of the tags of this topic.

1 hour ago, Nungali said:

I said 'not necessarily'   and it was in response to your statement .  My example  is general and is one approach , that is what I meant , I was in no way suggesting that Donald was doing that .

But I find your two above sentences a little confusing  -    you asked ,  "  say we do manage to use some kind magik thing to restore the balance "  and then posed ;  " Did we really give a 'nudge' in the source? "

That would depend IF the type of 'magic thing' we did ,    DID work on nudging  the source .

Well, I think it is clear that Zhongyongdaoist is talking here about weather magic. And he talks about how he wants to use it to tackle climate change and saving millions of lives. So I think the issues I raise here are completely valid.

To me, it seems that the whole issue of climate change (and humans being the cause of it) goes much deeper and weather magik certainly is not touching the source of it.

Lairg his idea of human consciousness and the impact on earth and weather, however, seems to me like that does go deeper, is more powerful and perhaps even touches on the actual source of the problem of climate change. But unfortunately that is quickly dismissed as 'new age'.

Lets say he has already  rung for the ambulance and  is now trying to staunch the bleeding due to the immediate threat ..... for all I know, he might also work as a medic ... or be sitting on the climate change council , or be a front line lobbyist or protestor or  ....

Okay sure, perhaps some immediate threat needs to be addressed right now. Perhaps weather magic is appropriate in that case.

However, I personally don't think that. I think climate change is connected to the natural cycles and of the evolution of the earth and humanity. Perhaps it is simply something we must face. And perhaps trying to do some weather magick for it is still to much this idea of hoping that there is some other way to avoid certain things altogether. Things that must be faced to learn certain lessons. Perhaps this time has come.

Of course, that is what I do too ... but it took bloody hard work and magical 'trickery' to get there .

However ,  when bushfire  seriously threatened my community .... in a  climate change event  ....  I certainly didnt hesitate to use 'weather  magic' . 

Yeah but perhaps that is a little different, a little more 'local'. More in line with your own 'True will' in life and more in harmony with the natural cycles of change. Then it's okay to do the magic B).

2 hours ago, Nungali said:

All I can say is read his stuff and then come to any personal conclusions .

I will and I already did a little bit, but I don't think that changes much for this discussion and the questions I have.

For experimenting and to see how far one can take weather magick to a global level. Sure, it is a good thing and very interesting.

But when thinking about how it can be used to actually tackle the climate change issue. Like I already pointed out, it seems to me that perhaps there is some deeper understanding about magic and it's ethics that is missing. And in fact it is not that deep at all. To me it seems obvious that it will not work and perhaps should not even be tried. So I am very curious to read OP's (and anyone else thoughts on that). Perhaps, it's me who is not seeing something obvious here.

But I will just read some more of his posts...

2 hours ago, Nungali said:

Have e you ever heard of the term Fravashi?

No ?  What is it ? 

I have practically ZERO experience in Avestan  spiritual components whatsoever ,    I have no idea what I'm talking about  :rolleyes:

:D:D :P:P

Edited by mcoolio

I hope all this hot air we are generating isnt heating the atmosphere  more .

But you did remind me of something that happened  during our extreme bushfire crisis .  It wasnt just one threat ... it was weeks long imminent threat , extremely hot and dry and ferocious winds with the surrounding country burning and hemming us in .  The wind was bad as you knew if one spark or ember came into that ... well, you would not want to be anywhere near it .

So I did 'my thing ' * .   The weather didnt change .

The first thing that happened though was   I was 'removed' from the situation .  A mate who lived some  100km away on the coast , used to live in our valley and was in the VFS   ( nearly all rural firefighters are volunteers here  )  and was asked if he would return back to the valley to help fight fires .  He asked if he could stay at my place . I told him I was evacuating (as most had ) and said yes  and he said I could stay at his place .

And ow  my place now has firefighters living in it ... if any thing is going to be saved , its going to be where the firefighters have  made camp !

So, all of a sudden I am removed from danger , have a holiday house in a beautiful natural place - beaches , lagoon , cafe for breakfast , even old ruins to explore , a beach house, a bedroom with cool  sea air blowing through it at night and the sound of the surf to lull me to sleep . ... and my own beach   ;) 

image.png.b22a8985b14a0a5045efdd9ed1f33f50.png

More unusual events unfolded , including an unexpected change in weather   and gradually the danger subsided . But as I said earlier , I didnt want another summer like that so did 'some thing '  *   and its been wet ever since .

But this is 'within the system' of climate change  though .    I dont think it did or was supposed to address that .

And yes ...... okay then ,   that IS a big 'ask '  ;  to change the planets climate ..... maybe if we just nudge the planet's orbit   a few  1000 km out from the Sun .......   :) 

- your argument  seems more valid to me now . I guess I wasnt looking at  the impersonal aspect - generally   ( but then again , if someone can magically change the massive momentum of my opinion ..... maybe they CAN shift the planet !   :)  )

Anyway , my next ' trick'  - gonna stop the tide coming in ;

?type=responsive-gallery

-   Damn !  Got wet socks now .

*  The 'stuff' I do is probably NOTHING like what  Donald does , I would not even call what I do 'weather magic' and the events that unfolded  didnt have much to do with me ( except the initial vague 'ask'  to fix the issue ) .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/13/2022 at 5:12 PM, Zhongyongdaoist said:

I will be perfectly happy to help fill in gaps in your knowledge, here is a link to the search results for my posts which mention "magic":

ZYD's posts which mention magic, all twelve pages of them

Did some reading of that and gotta say, you wrote some interesting stuff here :D

So can understand why Nungali is insisting we see what you have to say about the experiments.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, mcoolio said:
On 9/13/2022 at 8:12 AM, Zhongyongdaoist said:

I will be perfectly happy to help fill in gaps in your knowledge, here is a link to the search results for my posts which mention "magic":

ZYD's posts which mention magic, all twelve pages of them

Did some reading of that and gotta say, you wrote some interesting stuff here :D

So can understand why Nungali is insisting we see what you have to say about the experiments.

I am glad that you found my posts interesting.  Thank your for letting me know.

Thank you Nungali for coming to my defense, it was a noble act.

ZYD

• Like 2

On 9/14/2022 at 12:51 AM, Nungali said:
On 9/13/2022 at 4:46 AM, Earl Grey said:

You prefer to cite a generic website to reinforce your view as though it were some absolute universal law?

he is one of those new guys ... the 'new consciousness'   man  !

I'll have to explain it to you becasue you are SOOOO old school ... get with it dude !

It works like this :   you write on a subject you have studied and  have experience in .... lets say  eg.  Yoga .

I read it , rush off to do a google search, find  whatever ( it doesnt matter what )  'stuff' on the internet and then plaster your thread with it .

if you respond , I will talk illogical unconnected nonsense back at you   :)

GOSH !  Its getting so bad here  that one might be driven off to another forum that doesnt allow crap like that 

Sure, he is a pretty weird guy. But we are all a bunch of weirdo's, and you are certainly top 5 of all the weirdo's here! :D

It is not that because the new agers took all these ideas, that they should be dismissed. They adopted them for a reason.

I think that the idea about human consciousness and weather impact was very interesting for this thread. So perhaps not only human action but also human consciousness has an impact on this planet and the climate change?

It is probably not a wrong statement when I say that our planet is self aware and aware of us. It knows what we do AND what we think. And of course, when she speaks, we have no choice but to listen...

So yea, I think we can say we humans have a very deep connection with this planet and we easily forget this. The shamans in ancient times knew all of this of course. Wasn't it the case that in the ritual offerings to the weather gods, the whole community was present?

So yes, human consciousness is probably an important thing to consider when we try to tackle the climate problem (and perhaps even we we experiment with weather) and I thank @Lairg for his contribution.

42 minutes ago, mcoolio said:

Sure, he is a pretty weird guy. But we are all a bunch of weirdo's, and you are certainly top 5 of all the weirdo's here! :D

I resent that !     :angry:

Most people would put me in the top 3  .  

It is not that because the new agers took all these ideas, that they should be dismissed. They adopted them for a reason.

Well that could be another discussion, but I was referring there to something different . it seems an inability to maintain, or a deliberate attempt to muddle,  communication ,  in the way I outlined .

For example some people do not exhibit a trace of that  ... you dont .... I see it as something  fairly easy to identify  in someone's writing 'style '   or inability  to connect logic reason  research facts etc .   Its the modern IT disease .   Look into it , interesting and rather scary ( for the herd) .

and these are just the people that   had a mild influence when young .... now little babies are being exposed to it, imagine what they will be like as adults ! 

" I was amused when I saw her looking at a magazine cover photo and trying to enlarge it with her thumb and forefinger. Her look was one of perplexity, as she realized the image couldn't be manipulated using the pinch-to-zoom motion, such as when using a smartphone.  After a few tries, she gave up and walked away. "

https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbestechcouncil/2020/04/29/technology-is-on-the-rise-while-iq-is-on-the-decline/?sh=6f860230b103

I think that the idea about human consciousness and weather impact was very interesting for this thread. So perhaps not only human action but also human consciousness has an impact on this planet and the climate change?

It is probably not a wrong statement when I say that our planet is self aware and aware of us. It knows what we do AND what we think. And of course, when she speaks, we have no choice but to listen...

So yea, I think we can say we humans have a very deep connection with this planet and we easily forget this. The shamans in ancient times knew all of this of course. Wasn't it the case that in the ritual offerings to the weather gods, the whole community was present?

What I practice now is ultimately connected to environment  ... Aboriginal 'Shamanism' ( for want of a better word ). The 'weather Gods' thing reminded me of some old posts I made here , about the 'Lightening Brothers' and other stuff .... its probably in the inaccessible depths of the DBs basement by now .

I am not sure about your last question  regarding processes here in the past .... ancient past .  In the recent past we have done  things like   that with a larger community .

I have a plan to re install it to some extent .   The part of the commune I live  on has  4 sites associated with it , I won;t go into the past chaos problems and all that , but recently , two of those sites have been bought by new people - both single women, capable, intelligent and care for the environment ... and they have money  -   the development of gardens,  house site , house  extensions facilities, et. is rather phenomenal  ( yesterday my next door had 3 different teams of tradies there ! )  and now one has asked me if we can get together as a little hamlet , pool resources and start paddock management and regeneration .   I could not be happier  about that .

Then I told them that I did soil science at Uni, used to be the preparations maker for Biodynamic Agriculture Australia ,  have research papers I wrote ( and now they are reading them ) on development of local geology ,type and structure of soils , past soil test records , etc etc .

Anyway, my point is I plan to do exactly as you outlined above ... for this little group , we are all going to get together  and make a ritual offering to 'the environmental forces'  by using BD 500  and  an 'offering preparation' as the first stage of repair .   Its simple easy and a good way to start , we can stir it together ,  sing into it together ( those girls love singing ! )  and  walk around and sprinkle it together .

( We have plans to draw a fourth in  who wants to buy  one of the other empty houses in this  part of the commune , another single woman , with  a great little girl .... and she just sold a house so has money * and she is capable too  - runs bee hives and  produces  medicinal products  ....  these three women in a matter of 2 weeks  turned the defunct and near derelect old tofu factory into a bright happy  clean sterile alchemical honey lab !    I have to say it : I  got sooo sick and tired of male dickheads here ... basically wrecking the place  ... these new women !   and the guys associated with them ....   are not the boss of the household , they are not full time residents  here , they come, work accomplish, help dont interfere , friendly , NO rivalry or ....

WTF ! have I died and gone to heaven or something ?

So yes, human consciousness is probably an important thing to consider when we try to tackle the climate problem (and perhaps even we we experiment with weather) and I thank @Lairg for his contribution.

Changing / developing human  higher consciousness is  probably the ultimate aim in magick, of  course starting with the self .

*  Money has allowed good development  ... this place has had years of hippies with no personal funds  to look after their patches  properly . 

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Nungali said:

I resent that !     :angry:

Most people would put me in the top 3  .  

But at least he said you were pretty.

Long ago I went to Coober Pedy - reputedly the driest town on Earth.

As we drove in, it was black and raining on the right, and black and wanted to rain on the left.

The town was completely dry with blue sky above - and with padlocks on the external water taps.

The people I saw felt distinctly hard hearted.  Did that drive their local weather?

I once lived next to the Scottish airfield with a long record of the highest sunshine hours of any airfield in Britain.  There was a famous gap in the clouds above the airfield.

A large number of new age people, many American, moved next door to the airfield and in the space of a few years the famous gap disappeared. 

https://unbelievable-facts.com/2014/09/the-australian-town-of-coober-pedy.html

Edited by Lairg

No .

and thats just what I thought when you suggested 'consciousness changes weather '   ie..  some new age stuff .

Not what mcoolio was suggesting   (unless I got it wrong , I assumed it was  a change in conscienceless from that consciousness that got us in the climate change mess in the first place )   .

Your suggestion reminds me of my last  wacky but beautiful GF , also a great songwriter and singer . She was singing one of her songs to me and one line stood out :

" When I am sad I make it rain and when I am happy the sun shines ."

I asked if that line was not the wrong way around ... answer :

" I know what I wrote ! " 

:D

New new Age Hippy Song  :

3_Hippie-Died-When-Narco-Capitalism-1024

" I let the sunshine ,

I let the sunshine in,

I le - eet the Sun shine in ...

[    Remember the first part of that song  folks ? 

This is the dawning of the age of Aquarius
Age of Aquarius
Aquarius
Aquarius
Harmony and understanding
Sympathy and trust abounding
No more falsehoods or derisions
Golden living dreams of visions
Mystic crystal revelation
And the mind's true liberation

:D 

PS .   That 'unbelievable  facts ' web page on Coober Pedy didnt list a single unbelievable fact ?     :huh:
Edited by Nungali

7 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

But at least he said you were pretty.

When I am feeling pretty I make spring bloom . 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Nungali said:

That is how the population affects the weather

• Haha 1

c18f744a6923ab28a1f3a37fdf7efe66

" A patch of new Age idiocy is keeping Brisbane dry,

while further to the south , the Northern Rivers area has 

light rain with occasional downpours of common sense  ."

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Nungali said:

Not what mcoolio was suggesting   (unless I got it wrong , I assumed it was  a change in conscienceless from that consciousness that got us in the climate change mess in the first place )   .

Well, kinda

But ...

13 hours ago, Lairg said:
14 hours ago, Nungali said:

That is how the population affects the weather

Why can this not also work?

I have some thoughts regarding how people influence the weather,

For example, it seems that there was different weather/climate in Republic/Early Imperial Rome and Late Imperial Rome. This idea stems from comparison of Roman infantry armor and clothing.

Might it be that Christianity changed people and people changed the weather/climate?

c18f744a6923ab28a1f3a37fdf7efe66

" A patch of new Age idiocy is keeping Brisbane dry,

while further to the south , the Northern Rivers area has 

light rain with occasional downpours of common sense  ."

Are you saying that new Age is idiocity itself, or that some of it is idiocity ?

40 minutes ago, Indiken said:

This idea stems from comparison of Roman infantry armor and clothing.

Might it be that Christianity changed people and people changed the weather/climate?

It seems to me that as the Sun varies its output and the Earth wobbles on its axis, there must be cycles in planetary climates

All the climate impacts of human consciousness that I have been near to or part of, were local.

I do not exclude planet-wide impacts of consciousness, it is just the causal relationship is harder to test

Sign in to follow this