XianGong

Pyrokinesis Discussion

1 minute ago, XianGong said:

Sorry, you did cultivation practices, by the definition of @dmattwads cultivation is anything that grows. So you have successfully cultivated skills of hatred and trolling, your last 25 posts are a good example of what an ego-driven - compulsive obsessive disorder looks like. I am going to report a few where you get on personality, trying to make fun of someone's practice and generally behaving with ridicule and insults.

I think you are a little too sensitive to any critique of John Chang/MoPai. Did you ever meet him?

Just now, XianGong said:

No ad hominem, just ridicule, flood, spam, asking me about my age, trying to make fun of someone and posting disgusting pics.

I only inquired regarding your age since that can make a difference in how one generally perceives John Chang. A lot of younger persons are hung up on his pyro demonstrations for one reason and that is too obtain power, which you have stated as a goal. Movies such as Star Wars influence many of us which can be a good thing, but without reading Joseph Campbell's "Hero With A Thousand Faces" the movies are out of context of life.

One bit of advice I can give is that emotions can serve one well, but overly sensitive emotional responses are not useful in cultivation. I have learned that one the hard way. Use and own ones emotions or let them use you. That is about 99% of the path.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, XianGong said:

Sorry, you did cultivation practices, by the definition of @dmattwads cultivation is anything that grows. So you have successfully cultivated skills of hatred and trolling, your last 25 posts are a good example of what an ego-driven - compulsive obsessive disorder looks like. I am going to report a few where you get on personality, trying to make fun of someone's practice and generally behaving with ridicule and insults.

Questioning the validity of anything is not synonymous with an attack on the person holding the view. We only tend to perceive a challenge to our views as synonymous with a challenge to ourselves when we identify with the view as being part of our self. When we identify with a view as being part of the self than any challenge to that view is the challenge to the self. 

On the other hand when we do not identify with the view but only see it as a view and not part of the self any inquiry into the validity of the view simply focuses on why the view may or may not be correct. The mindset of scientific objectivity is to be willing to change ones view when new data disproves or modifies that view.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, dmattwads said:

Questioning the validity of anything is not synonymous with an attack on the person holding the view. We only tend to perceive a challenge to our views as synonymous with a challenge to ourselves when we identify with the view as being part of our self. When we identify with a view as being part of the self than any challenge to that view is the challenge to the self. 

On the other hand when we do not identify with the view but only see it as a view and not part of the self any inquiry into the validity of the view simply focuses on why the view may or may not be correct. The mindset of scientific objectivity is to be willing to change ones view when new data disproves or modifies that view.

Very well said!

• Thanks 1

Luckily in Daoist systems there is a number of specific, objective physical and physiological changes that indicate whether you’ve transformed your acquired mind completely - or not.

Guarding against self delusion is one of the major strengths of Daoist approaches to cultivation.

• Like 2

You never challenged any of my views as all you did was make strawman arguments all over the place or question things I have never said or did. It all started with massive Self Projection and then Ego Butthurting. I don't feel like you have even been trying to communicate with me, rather you did that with your own ideas in your mind. I guess I will just stop responding at this point as it is obvious you never wanted to have a discussion.

As for cultivation, as to how I perceive it, it is high-level stuff. I would not claim, I am cultivating in this life if I did not pass the early intermediate stage. It is as if someone is talking about themselves as scientists and them doing and studying science, but they have not graduated from primary school yet. While real science only starts after you finish an undergraduate level, and go postgraduate and PhD.

The cultivator is someone who already has superpowers, not someone who sits for 30 mins a few times in his life and meditates, and then complains publicly that he cannot even meditate... And cannot find evidence of abilities. Although real meditation is something that few people can experience after a few decades of practice and with some talent.

Depending on how you take the term you could say 8 billion people cultivate, or nobody on this forum cultivates. For I personally believe if you have not grown any fruits of cultivation, that no human "without cultivation" has, you have not truly cultivated yet. Guess, I don't see a point in ego wanking and claims, "I have cultivated" "I am a cultivator" when there is really nothing to show. Ok, you are a cultivator, what next? You cannot see Qi on a video of a Qi master and ask for evidence online which can never be found or produced.

In more advanced circles the standards of what is a cultivator will be different.

By Damo Mitchell definition Cultivator is someone who is not attached to anything in this world besides internal practice. Seemingly how you getting obsessed by many things in this or that topic, or how you care about politics, you are not a cultivator by his definition

Edited by XianGong

6 minutes ago, XianGong said:

You never challenged any of my views as all you did was make strawman arguments all over the place or question things I have never said or did. It all started with massive Self Projection and then Ego Butthurting. I don't feel like you have even been trying to communicate with me, rather you did that with your own ideas in your mind. I guess I will just stop responding at this point as it is obvious you never wanted to have a discussion.

As for cultivation, as to how I perceive it, it is high-level stuff. I would not claim, I am cultivating in this life if I did not pass the early intermediate stage. The cultivator is someone who already has superpowers, not someone who sits for 30 mins a few times in his life and meditates, and then complains publicly that he cannot even meditate... Although real meditation is something that few people can experience after a few decades of practice and with some talent.

Depending on how you take the term you could say 8 billion people cultivate, or nobody on this forum cultivates. For I personally believe if you have not grown any fruits of cultivation, that no human "without cultivation" has, you have not truly cultivated yet.

In more advanced circles the standards of what is a cultivator will be different.

By Damo Mitchell definition Cultivator is someone who is not attached to anything in this world besides internal practice. Seemingly how you getting obsessed by many things in this or that topic, or how you care about politics, you are not a cultivator by his definition

Several of us have asked you questions with no response from you which are challenging your belief system. Furthermore, your quest for pyrotechnic displays are only based on a YouTube video which is questionable. 

The second paragraph is nothing more than baseless accusations as if you are a mind reader. 

Someone can shoot lightning out of their nostrils and fireballs out of their butthole but if they are not kind, compassionate and humble I could care less.  

"Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or clanging cymbal resounding in the wind. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and can understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have faith, that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing." - I Corinthians 13:1-2

• Like 2

Have to add in case this thread was reported, it is not a Mopai thread. Never was even mentioned Mopai or John Chang, not by me in the first place.  :lol:

Some people deliberately tried to add Mopai and JC to this discussion, cause it is a topic that legally allows them to troll and mock somebody without any consequences from moderation team, but this discussion is purely about pyrokinesis. Whenever they do it on purpose or just lack basic self-awareness does not really matter. ;)

@ralis @dmattwads in case you have missed the name of this topic and got into wrong thread, Mopai discussion is right here.

Never did I mention that I am affiliated with Mopai or John Chang either. Rereading things 5 times before posting helps to understand their content and to not falsely assume something other people never claimed or said. So don't be in rush. 

10 hours ago, ralis said:

You are so sure of yourself which appears to be beyond any of us. 

How old are you?

I remember someone getting real bent outta shape went I referred to their age...

🤫

2 hours ago, ralis said:

questions with no response from you which are challenging your belief system

I don't have a belief system. So no idea what and whom you are trying to question.

2 hours ago, ralis said:

your quest for pyrotechnic displays are only based on a YouTube video which is questionable. 

Pyrokinesis is nothing new, you would be able to find references in texts as old as thousands of years. Same for levitation, teleportation and even nuclear weapons.

2 hours ago, ralis said:

as if you are a mind reader

Denying the possibility of pyrokinesis as well as inability to see Qi and Electromagnetic Waves is sufficient evidence for me, and I am not going to investigate further. There are also some other traits missing like mental sharpness that is common among cultivators.

2 hours ago, ralis said:

is nothing more than baseless accusations

You have somehow managed to make a dozen of false assumptions in this thread alone. Firstly it is not a Mopai thread, so I suggest to move Mopai stuff to another thread I linked above. Then you will need to find Mopai practitioner to question him, cause I don't have knowledge of that system.
But I do know JC was legit, cause I am able to see his Dan Tien full of electric Qi. Causing a spark or fire when you have so much power should not be hard.

3 minutes ago, XianGong said:

I don't have a belief system. So no idea what and whom you are trying to question.

Pyrokinesis is nothing new, you would be able to find references in texts as old as thousands of years. Same for levitation, teleportation and even nuclear weapons.

Denying the possibility of pyrokinesis as well as inability to see Qi and Electromagnetic Waves is sufficient evidence for me, and I am not going to investigate further. There are also some other traits missing like mental sharpness that is common among cultivators.

You have somehow managed to make a dozen of false assumptions in this thread alone. Firstly it is not a Mopai thread, so I suggest to move Mopai stuff to another thread I linked above. Then you will need to find Mopai practitioner to question him, cause I don't have knowledge of that system.
But I do know JC was legit, cause I am able to see his Dan Tien full of electric Qi. Causing a spark or fire when you have so much power should not be hard.

I linked to your other thread which mentioned MoPai. 

Nuclear weapons are nothing new?

Hello, I am new here, I have a strong interest in cultivation and neigong.

Have anyone here tried Mopai - John Chang cultivation method?

What are the possible + and - ?

Would you recommend it, or some other cultivation system, and why?

7 minutes ago, ralis said:

Nuclear weapons are nothing new?

Now we really know what happened to the dinosaurs.  🦕

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

This thread about pyrokinesis is really burning up.  Anybody here able to put out fires with their mind?   

I like eating Naga Jolokia to grow my pyrokinetic powers. 

7 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

This thread about pyrokinesis is really burning up.  Anybody here able to put out fires with their mind?   

Cultivating reversal of water should fix that. 

1 hour ago, XianGong said:

If you are going to quote me then please include the context.

Edited by ralis

Should be mindful of those respectful Daoists who are on their path to the grocery store in the process of cultivation the fat Daoist belly.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, ralis said:

If you are going to quote me then please include the context.

Keep flooding the thread by your huge wall of text quotes and zero valuable - constructive information.

11 hours ago, ralis said:

Is this guy a fraud? 

This is just a case of group hypnosis and the power of suggestion. There was another one of these so-called Masters who got challenged by an MMA fighter and since the MMA fighter wasn't under the power of suggestion like his students he knocked him out in like 30 seconds. But if you would watch videos of the same Tai chi Master with his students he would throw them around barely touching them or even without touching them. There's many cases of group hypnosis having pretty profound effects on the people who buy into it.

• Thanks 1