XianGong

Pyrokinesis Discussion

2 minutes ago, dmattwads said:

Seeing the lack of these things as suffering is a very interesting point of view for someone that has no ego don't you think? 

Never did I say anything about suffering, this is called projection, some may see suffering, but there was no such word in my post.

5 minutes ago, XianGong said:

I think the major flaw in this philosophy that by deleting self and minimizing it, you get people who can not do anything in life, yes they have no money, no abilities, no power, they also have no personal life, and no cultivation, they let go of themselves, and then they just die, earlier than others due to their body being weak and untrained, with no self.

3 minutes ago, XianGong said:

It is also a nice excuse to do nothing and to be nothing, as you have no "Self" as Buddha taught. 

I have seen many Buddhists and not only waste their life and die, can't say I am sorry for any of them though. Everyone has a choice in life.
Lack of attainments in life is generally a sign of weak Qi and weak Shen (Soul). It is funny when people use spirituality as an excuse for that. 

9 minutes ago, XianGong said:

I think the major flaw in this philosophy that by deleting self and minimizing it, you get people who can not do anything in life, yes they have no money, no abilities, no power, they also have no personal life, and no cultivation, they let go of themselves, and then they just die, earlier than others due to their body being weak and untrained, with no self.

The point is no separate self, not some illusion of annihilation. 

Just now, ralis said:

The point is no separate self, not some illusion of annihilation. 

Not separate from what?

1 minute ago, XianGong said:

Never did I say anything about suffering, this is called projection, some may see suffering, but there was no such word in my post.

I have seen many Buddhists and not only waste their life and die, can't say I am sorry for any of them though. Everyone has a choice in life.
Lack of attainments in life is generally a sign of weak Qi and weak Shen (Soul). It is funny when people use spirituality as an excuse for that. 

If you are so much of an expert then why are you here?

Just now, XianGong said:

Is it not allowed?

You are so sure of yourself which appears to be beyond any of us. 

How old are you?

4 minutes ago, XianGong said:

If you don't see....

1. having no money

2. having no abilities 

3. having no power

4. having no personal life 

5. having no cultivation 

6. letting go

7. death

.... as suffering (dukkah) then you see it as happiness and peace then? 

25 minutes ago, XianGong said:

But is this actually true?  Seems to me that a lot of people who have minimized the notion of self enjoy abundant money, strength, power, health...etc.  There are Bums I could name (but won´t).  Conversely, it´s not hard to find people who are failing to thrive with outsized senses of self.

Which is not to say that it´s necessary or even advantageous to have the financial, social, and bodily hallmarks of conventional success.  We each have our path.

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, XianGong said:

Not separate from what?

Doesn’t mean you don’t exist, but are an inseparable part of systematic cosmic evolution. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, liminal_luke said:

I want to feel superhuman because some part of me feels subhuman.

Yes exactly.

The Daoist answer to this is... martial arts.

This is exactly why martial arts is so emphasised by Daoists. It’s the Daoist approach to self-development.

The idea is that through the martial arts you build confidence, get over your fears and develop a sense of humility and discipline.

This process shows to teachers who is mature enough to go on to more transformative internal work.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dmattwads said:

If you don't see....

1. having no money

2. having no abilities 

3. having no power

4. having no personal life 

5. having no cultivation 

6. letting go

7. death

.... as suffering (dukkah) then you see it as happiness and peace then? 

Sounds like some sort of duality here. Seeing this or that as happiness or suffering is a sign of the samsaric mind. My mind has been freed from ego and delusion, and therefore it has transcended the conditional attachments of mortality.
Money
Power
Health

Cultivation
Personal Life

death

are all temporary conditions

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, XianGong said:

Sounds like some sort of duality here. Seeing this or that as happiness or suffering is a sign of the samsaric mind. My mind has been freed from ego and delusion, and therefore it has transcended the conditional attachments of mortality.
Money
Power
Health

Cultivation
Personal Life

death

are all temporary conditions

How do you know your mind has been freed from ego and delusion as opposed to that thought being just another delusion?

8 minutes ago, dmattwads said:

How do you know your mind has been freed from ego and delusion as opposed to that thought being just another delusion?

Cultivation

11 minutes ago, XianGong said:

Cultivation

But how do you know you're cultivating your ego less or more?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dmattwads said:

But how do you know you're cultivating your ego less or more?

You have not tried cultivation, so I will explain. It is impossible to cultivate if you have an Ego, to begin with.

5 minutes ago, XianGong said:

You have not tried cultivation, so I will explain. It is impossible to cultivate if you have an Ego, to begin with.

How would you know if I have or have not tried cultivation? If you can't have an ego to begin cultivation then what must one do in order to get rid of their ego?

Edited by dmattwads

4 minutes ago, XianGong said:

Cultivation means to grow and develop. If I cultivate crops it means I'm growing crops. If I cultivate my ego it means I increase my ego. It's possible to cultivate anything 

How would you know if I have or have not tried cultivation? Is it that you will not explain it or that you cannot explain it?

You have said it yourself. 

Just now, XianGong said:

You have said it yourself. 

Can you show me the quote where I said I have not tried cultivation?

Cultivation means to grow and develop. If I cultivate crops it means I'm growing crops. If I cultivate my ego it means I increase my ego. It's possible to cultivate anything 

Yes and Dao means path, so whenever you walk to the shop you are Daoist because you walk on the path.

Can you show me the quote where I said I have not tried cultivation?

I will leave this discussion here as it gets personal, I have no intention of getting involved

1 minute ago, XianGong said:

Yes and Dao means path, so whenever you walk to the shop you are Daoist because you walk on the path.

The Tao has limits? Only when shopping?

1 minute ago, ralis said:

The Tao has limits? Only when shopping?

Any road counts, so we have 8 billion Daoists walking every day, some to the toilet only. And also every single of them cultivates because they grow their carbon footprint and growing anything = cultivation.

Edited by XianGong

Swami Luke gazes into his crystal ball.  What´s this?  Why it looks like dmattwads!  He appears to be sitting down on some sort of cushion, closing his eyes.  Now he´s chanting mantras.  A very odd practice indeed.  Perhaps some sort of esoteric cultivation method or alchemical procedure...

• Haha 1