XianGong

Pyrokinesis Discussion

25 minutes ago, XianGong said:

You should have started from that. We have very different terms and ideas about what Enlightened being is. I would even say it is opposite meanings.

I do not want to become enlightened by your definition. I will deny such enlightenment if given for free, also why would I care about what The Buddha said, it is clear to me that Suffering is good. 

My first goal is immortality, making my existence permanent and everlasting. Only then my next goals will become possible.

That is certainly your prerogative.

1 hour ago, XianGong said:

My first goal is immortality, making my existence permanent and everlasting. Only then my next goals will become possible.

That is pretty ambitious.  May I say, you have no time to waste.  Do you have a path or plan laid out? 

Breaking it down, are there any first steps your working on.  ie immaculate diet, long breath cycles.. 4 hour meditation sessions.. tumo?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, dmattwads said:

Generally in Buddhism when someone claims to be enlightened the first test is to see if they can be angered. 

An enlightened being will have no sexual desire

An enlightened being will have no desire for powers

None of the tests I mentioned are proof of enlightenment per se, I'm not sure what term to use, in the context of my training it would be a proof that one has developed ming and xing enough that all this non-dual experience is no longer just an experience, but actuality. 

(Just added some here, instead of making another post):

Even buddhist systems, while having focus on Liberation as the Ultimate Goal, still have developed/incorporated power developing methods in their curriculum, most likely because someone found it useful. 

This can be seen in tibetan and chinese traditions, so insight and working with desire is not antithetical to working with power. 

Are there attachment issues with power? Most likely. 

Are there detachment issues with insight? Also most likely (there are clear records of that too).

Chan Master Sheng Yen could be angered, so he writes himself, his enlightenment must have been incomplete then. 

On the other hand, meditate oneself to dissociation is really easy... 

Edited by Cleansox
Added stuff
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, thelerner said:

Breaking it down, are there any first steps your working on.  ie immaculate diet, long breath cycles.. 4 hour meditation sessions.. tumo?

Yes, ofc. There is a cultivation plan.

10 hours ago, XianGong said:

I'm curious. Do you mean immortality in the physical literal sense? Or is this some kind of metaphorical definition?

On 12/7/2020 at 12:35 PM, freeform said:

I’ve seen a lot people come and get tested by my teacher. Many Buddhists, Daoists, even a congregation of fancily dressed and bejewelled Hindus from Bali...

What were they going to your teacher for specifically, and why did they feel the need to go to somone outside their own lineage?

11 hours ago, Creation said:

What were they going to your teacher for specifically, and why did they feel the need to go to somone outside their own lineage?

I promised my teacher 100% privacy - so I have to be careful answering.

Basically my teacher was very well known in certain cultivation circles in Asia. He’s very highly achieved in alchemy and was known for treating cultivation-related problems and illnesses - as well as other more esoteric stuff :)

Now he’s retired from that phase of life and prefers complete obscurity so he can focus fully on his own practices.

PS - there’s no ‘secret masters’ out there (well never say never)...

Once someone gets beyond a specific stage, they’ll suddenly pop up in the consciousness of everyone else at that stage and beyond. Basically Star Wars type stuff :lol:

That’s why the majority of true masters are known among their peer group - even if they’re in a cave somewhere.

I personally believe this is how the practice of pilgrimage started... Someone that achieved some form of awakening would follow the direction of a light in their consciousness - which would lead them to a master or to a place of great power (often both).

And when you meet teachers that say they’ve learned from some mysterious Daoist hermit with a cosmic name - usually it’s bullshit. They spin the tall tale because they’re not allowed to reveal the master’s name - either because they’ve had a falling out or the master hasn’t allowed them to teach.

Masters who teach all have real names, have real backgrounds and reputations. Most of them live in society - or close. The ‘secret hermit master in the mountains’ that teaches people is a myth.

The majority of internal arts teachers that made it to the west in the 70’s and 80’s were usually outcasts from decent schools. And because their reputation was no longer good enough to teach in Asia, they came to the west... :ph34r: And had to invent a mystical backstory.

Edited by freeform
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, freeform said:

they’ve learned from some mysterious Daoist hermit with a cosmic name 

:lol: good legend is a key to success

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, freeform said:

Once someone gets beyond a specific stage, they’ll suddenly pop up in the consciousness of everyone else at that stage and beyond. Basically Star Wars type stuff :lol:

Just to make sure I'm understanding: If people were coming to your teacher based on the ability to sense him, they would not need him to confirm their level of cultivation. So then, word got around about him, hence the parade of pilgrims wanting a confirmation?

18 hours ago, Creation said:

If people were coming to your teacher based on the ability to sense him

Oh no - that’s not what I meant. They came to see him because he’s well known. That’s about it :) 

Some would come for advice. Some would come as a sort of pilgrimage or to show respect. Some would come to see ‘if the stories are true’ (he would convince them they’re not!). Some would come to be able to say they met him. Many would come to be healed or assisted. Some came to get insight on their cultivation.

After achieving whatever it takes to pop up in a master’s consciousness (one of the formless jhana) - they don’t need much testing or confirmation or assistance anymore :) 

• Like 2