Sign in to follow this  
Immortal4life

Question about Tibetan Buddhist Yoga, Tantra, Truhl Khor, Tummo, etc.

1 hour ago, steve said:

Thanks Miroku!

My apologies, I thought he was Bönpo 

Nah, my apologies for being too pedantic. :D It really does not matter that much in the end...

6 minutes ago, Miroku said:

Nah, my apologies for being too pedantic. :D It really does not matter that much in the end...

I’m used to seeing Bönpos wearing blue...

I was lazy!

🤣

• Haha 2

On 4/13/2020 at 9:26 PM, Immortal4life said:

So I have more experience as an Indoor internal martial arts practioner than most people you're gonna talk to, and a decent base in authentic Taoist qigong, but I really don't know much about Tantra and Tibetan Yoga. Some of it really, really speaks to me though, I'm really drawn to it.

Does anybody know about these, what lineage they come from, who teaches them, how to learn? Where to learn? I wanna get these methods 

The ones specifically are the ones I've seen that I'm being called to these days

Hello, 

Not all Tibetan Yoga looks like this, in fact most doesn't. The dramatic jumping movements in these videos are called "vajra drops".  It is an amplification of a technique from Indian yoga called "maha vedha mudra" where the body is lifted off the ground by the arms (say, in lotus pose) and dropped a few inches, causing a jolt to the perenium and spine. This is combined with breath retention and muscle locks to bring the prana into the central channel at the lower abdomen more powerfully than breath retention and locks alone. 

All Tibetan lineages use breath retention and yogic movements to bring the prana into the central channel and ensure its smooth and balanced flow, but not all of them use these aggressive drops (bep in Tibetan) to amplify the energy.  Acording to scholar-practitioner Ian Baker, drops were introduced into Tibet in Dzogchen termas, and each new generation of termas had a more intense style of drop: first something very mild like in Indian yoga, all the way to vajra drops, that is, jumping from standing and landing in lotus as in the videos you posted, in the Longchen Nyinthig.  Any lineage which has Dzogchen (Kagyu and Nyingma, not sure about Bon) should have this style of yoga, but whether and particular teacher knows it and will teach it is another story!  It is a supplementary practice, only suited for a certain kind of person, with very strict prerequisites.  Clearly, you can hurt yourself not just energetically but physically trying this type of thing.

• Like 7

Sign in to follow this