do you feel  Teal responded to her past statement below in the video above:   (which is why I mentioned impressionable people beware)

...Teal: “Do you like life?. . . .”
Guest: “Yes and no, most of the time. I dissociate most of the time.”
Teal: “That's a hard ‘no’ then. Obviously growing up in the amount of trauma that you guys grew up around, life doesn't seem so peachy. So sometimes - which is what suicide is - is essentially pushing the reset button on life. Sometimes that's the best option for some people.” ...

• Thanks 1

In the video I posted Teal indeed sounded as though she was distancing herself from certain controversial views on suicide that she shared at one time. Seems fair enough.

I did like some of her observations and thoughts on the pandemic - that's why I decided to share her video. Beyond that, I know very little about Teal. However, nothing she may have said at other times would invalidate the content of that video for me as such.

And that's because I habitually evaluate each statement anybody makes as it stands by itself. I never just "buy" anybody's philosophy as a whole, regardless of who they are or claim to be.

But yes, "buyers" should certainly beware - always!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Michael Sternbach said:

In the video I posted Teal indeed sounded as though she was distancing herself from certain controversial views on suicide that she shared at one time. Seems fair enough.

I did like some of her observations and thoughts on the pandemic - that's why I decided to share her video. Beyond that, I know very little about Teal. However, nothing she may have said at other times would invalidate the content of that video for me as such.

And that's because I habitually evaluate each statement anybody makes as it stands by itself. I never just "buy" anybody's philosophy as a whole, regardless of who they are or claim to be.

But yes, "buyers" should certainly beware - always!

ok Michael. Sternbach....except to me when or if a person has said something specifically in the past that now needs to be specifically clarified, thus not just generalized over. 

5 hours ago, old3bob said:

ok Michael. Sternbach....except to me when or if a person has said something specifically in the past that now needs to be specifically clarified, thus not just generalized over. 

Ok, that's fair enough. But I doubt Teal is going to provide that kind of clarification here in my thread. If you really want to know, why don't you try and hit her up for it on her Youtube channel?

she has a big public following thus I'd say it is her ethical responsibility to clarify details beyond generalizations for her followers or newbies if or when her statements are iffy...as for me i'm just a one person, non-public, probably pain in the ass hitting a pause button...

• Like 1

Hi Bums,

I just came across a quote from Barbara Marciniak, a metaphysical author I have known and appreciated for many years. Written back in 2005, the following words from her "Path of Empowerment" seem to be highly relevant to the current 'pandemic panic', once we are ready to look behind the scenes:

The current fashion in Western civilization promotes doubters and skeptics who are recognized and rewarded for their worrisome speculations. And because of an ancient ingrained fear of the body and its wisdom, people can no longer tell the difference between what they are told is the truth and what makes sense to them. This collective denial has now achieved a critical mass, and ages of emotionally toxic debris are rising to the surface to be identified and safely released. From a bigger picture of reality, the people of Earth are emerging from an amnesiac-like state of collective shock, which has blocked the influx of spiritual knowledge into the human gene pool. And while it is quite obvious to many that “you create your reality,” the vast majority of humans still need to be awakened from the unconsciously controlled trance of powerlessness that they voluntarily took on.

This is not to say that (as some claim) covid-19 doesn't exist. I present this simply as an encouragement to look at the deeper issues at work. A view based on fear and pessimism can only aggravate the existing situation...

• Like 3

What I keep in mind - or try to - is to remember who I Am.  At the same time, I realize that the Sage is not harmed by anything.  I know that in some circles I'd be locked up, but I guess I'm okay saying it here.  Recognizing that we are the Sage is the Practice.

Yeah, I wear a mask too.  Just in case I'm crazy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, manitou said:

What I keep in mind - or try to - is to remember who I Am.  At the same time, I realize that the Sage is not harmed by anything.  I know that in some circles I'd be locked up, but I guess I'm okay saying it here.  Recognizing that we are the Sage is the Practice.

Yeah, I wear a mask too.  Just in case I'm crazy.

Personally, I put my mask on where it's mandatory to wear one and rip it off the moment I leave that kind of zone.

I don't need a potentially harmful vaccine, thanks. I trust my natural immunity, no matter what the fear mongers would have me believe. As a matter of fact, in every epidemic, only a part of the exposed individuals are actually being infected.

Now I realize not everybody is a sage. I don't look down on people volunteerily wearing masks and taking other precautions. I understand how they feel, for I have once been there myself. If they wish to play by those rules imparted by medical orthodoxy, well, that's their own choice and business, at the end of the day.

Everybody bears the responsibility for what they choose to believe and energize themselves, in my view.

That said, I wish there was a greater understanding that fear is not only the mind killer (Dune), but also the immunity killer. Whereas faith in our natural resistance and health boosts it big time.

Additionally, while the world holds its breath waiting for pharma industry to bestow us with a vaccine or remedy, nature provides us with so many ways to avoid infection in the first place as well as to treat it in those cases in which it manifests itself.

• Like 3

I think that what is sometimes forgotten in these mask discussions is that the main utility of masks is not to protect ourselves from the virus: it´s to protect others.  

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, liminal_luke said:

I think that what is sometimes forgotten in these mask discussions is that the main utility of masks is not to protect ourselves from the virus: it´s to protect others.  

...and us from them, as they are wearing masks too.

Continuously driving home the belief that we all are prone to be helpless victims of a stray bug.

This is a disempowering precept indeed... Both for "us" and for "them".

Edited by Michael Sternbach
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, liminal_luke said:

That's what they say.  But for people who won't mask up, apparently they're not real concerned with others anyway.  I think it should be also stressed that the masks are for the good of the wearers too.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Masks are such an easy way to protect others.  I have no patience for the bitching and whining.

Grow up.  Wear a mask.  Stop being wilfully ignorant, or incorrigibly thick.

Much of the time it fades from awareness.  You'll get used to it, or not.  Grow up.

At work, I wear a mask from the time I leave my vehicle, until lunch, 6 1/2 hours later. 

I eat my lunch, outside, on my own, well away from others, then put my mask back on when I'm done eating.

I wear it in the bathroom.  I forget I have it on much of the time.

I take it off when I get in my vehicle at the end of the day, 11 hours later.

Some nights I notice that I'm still wearing it half way home, then remove it.

I have three masks with me at all times and swap between them when I'm working strenuously if they get soggy.

When shopping and running errands on weekends or evenings, I wear a mask from the time I leave my vehicle until I re-enter it when done.

If it ever slips, exposing my nose, I notice this instantly and re-fit it.

All you Chin Diaper Fucks and 'Look! My Nose Is Poking Out' Fuckers can go pound sand.

Spoiler

phew... at least I'm not bitter about it.... :lol:

Edited by silent thunder
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, manitou said:

That's what they say.  But for people who won't mask up, apparently they're not real concerned with others anyway.  I think it should be also stressed that the masks are for the good of the wearers too.

From what I´ve read masks protect both the wearer and others in the vicinity, although I gather the benefit to others is greater statistically.  And a lot depends on the variety of mask used; as always, there´s a tradeoff between fashion and safety.  

The social politics of all this is so fraught.  Early on in the pandemic I approached a barista to order a coffee and he quickly put on his mask.  I was offended.  I thought he figured I might be infected and was trying to protect himself.  In some dark corner of my mind I saw sickness as a moral failing and felt ashamed that my health was being questioned.  How dare he think I had the virus!  (That´s crazy thinking I know; what can i say?)  Recently, I´ve come around to the opposite point of view and see mask wearing as a courtesy.  Even if one believes they couldn´t possibly have the virus, even if one believes the whole thing is wildly overblown, wearing a mask when close to others indoors is a way of being sensitive to other people who may not share the same views, feelings, or health status. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

From what I´ve read masks protect both the wearer and others in the vicinity, although I gather the benefit to others is greater statistically.  And a lot depends on the variety of mask used; as always, there´s a tradeoff between fashion and safety.  

The social politics of all this is so fraught.  Early on in the pandemic I approached a barista to order a coffee and he quickly put on his mask.  I was offended.  I thought he figured I might be infected and was trying to protect himself.  In some dark corner of my mind I saw sickness as a moral failing and felt ashamed that my health was being questioned.  How dare he think I had the virus!  (That´s crazy thinking I know; what can i say?)  Recently, I´ve come around to the opposite point of view and see mask wearing as a courtesy.  Even if one believes they couldn´t possibly have the virus, even if one believes the whole thing is wildly overblown, wearing a mask when close to others indoors is a way of being sensitive to other people who may not share the same views, feelings, or health status. 

My bold of what I feel bears repeating!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

Recently, I´ve come around to the opposite point of view and see mask wearing as a courtesy. 

Courtesy-Respect-Thoughtfulness-WordcloudMine_575.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, liminal_luke said:

Before anyone shouts at me - I wear a mask when shopping etc. as required by the law where I live.  However I know it affords hardly any protection ... and this is the right attitude because I unlike many others am very careful with social distancing and hand washing.  I agree masks are indicative of courtesy ... I don't want to alarm or scare other people.  But what I notice is that people don't wear masks properly and it makes them blasé about social distancing.

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, Apech said:

Before anyone shouts at me - 

I never shout at cats and almost never at people.  Whether they wear masks or not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I don't know if people are familiar with the idea of proximate and ultimate causes.  The idea is that things have causes which arise in the immediate environment and causes which are at a deeper fundamental level.  For instance the First World War had a proximate cause of the shooting of Arch Duke Ferdinand in Sarajevo ... but an ultimate cause in the geo-political tensions and entente treaties which held Europe in a state of tension.

I would suggest to my fellow DaoBums that the corona virus is a proximate cause.  Its presence indicates that it is active at a cellular level in a person's body.  But the ultimate cause is a level of fear in the human system which arises from spiritual and psychological tensions which we carry primarily because of the effects of civilisation.  So while it is wise to take elementary precautions not to be coughed at, to maintain hygiene and so on - ultimately our best attitude to this and all disease is fearlessness, positivity and calm - in other words place our faith in power or energy or spirit and confidence that whatever happens we stay on the path.

Thoughts???

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

It's good to not fear it.  Most will recover if infected.

That's not really the point though is it?  Being afraid or not?

I got it.  Never knew it, until we tested our son after he had symptoms for several weeks. 

I choose to alter my behavior now to help protect others.  I do it out of love for my fellow humans and to support the system from being overwhelmed.

I don't need protecting.  Many don't.  That's not the point.

I was infected from my Son who contracted it at school, it was traced to likely being infected two days before they closed.  Way back in the Spring. 

We passed it to my wife, who had a severe reaction.  When it was looking dire, she opted not to go to the hospital, as at that time, they were isolating folks completely and allowing no contact.  They also seemed to be flailing about in their treatments and were relentlessly pushing respirators.

She recovered on her own at home as well.  We used bone broth, vitamin D and touch/qi therapy on her and she slowly recovered. 

Most will survive it, when they get it.  That's not the point to me.  Its lethality to millions of my fellow humans is the point.

I'll be fine, even if re-exposed.  My system is thriving on excellent food, daily blasts of Qi flowing unimpeded through my system and a life that is saturated in people whom I admire, who love me deeply... a thriving career that challenges my body and mind.

This is no reason to treat it like it's a common cold or regular flu and act the tough guy and pretend no actions are useful in helping our neighbors, friends and family.

Our downstairs neighbor Kathy had been fighting a plethora of deeply debilitating health effects for all the years we've known her.  I wore my mask and kept my distance from her and her family for her good.  Knowing I can carry it without knowing I'm infected...

Her husband had to work, or face being evicted and losing their home.  She got sick again and this time, couldn't recovere.

They turned off life support two weeks ago Monday.  They brought her remains home just a few days ago.

Fear isn't the point.

Love is.

Love.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

It is unfortunate that very few know energy healing since it only takes 10 mins per person to clear the coronavirus.

Edited by johndoe2012
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, johndoe2012 said:

It is unfortunate that very few know energy healing since it only takes 10 mins per person to clear the coronavirus.

Very few indeed -- possibly only those who didn't get covid to begin with (works quite a bit better with other coronaviruses, the ones that give us the common cold, which, indeed, responds to qigong, among other things.  Not in 100% of cases by any stretch of imagination, but in a very experienced -- decades of practice -- seasoned practitioner trained specifically in medical qigong, it might.  No guarantees, but it might.  I've seen it go both ways.) 

As for covid, it's a bit different.  I for one made a donation to Wuhan taoist monks afflicted with corona when they asked for help, and not by sending good vibes.  Professional Buddhists don't seem to be all that reliant on "energy healing" either.

Coronavirus Update - Tricycle: The Buddhist Review

But then, our own homespun all-powerful "energy healers" never taught those amateurs the correct methods I guess.  

Anyone familiar with traditional medicine that does utilize "energy healing" (Chinese, Ayurvedic, Tibetan, Native American, etc.) knows that the power of the pathogen ("pernicious influence") is not a constant where "any" pathogen will respond to "any" energy healing.  They know that a human being can't, e.g., "energetically" regrow a severed limb, and don't waste their energy on a lost cause.  They know that certain "plagues" (the official designation of the covid pandemic in TCM terms -- "hot damp plague") are imbued with energy of their own...  which can, on occasion, be tremendous...  and avoid getting cocky around them.    

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Since Sept. 8, we've had four people test positive for covid on our crew.

Three folks hired to start on Construction showed positive in the pre-work test and thus never entered the facility.

One person in Production became exposed over a weekend event with family and within minutes of the test result everyone in contact with that person and department, had left the facility and were paid for two weeks of quarantine time while awaiting their all clear.  We've been operating in several zones since early October to avoid incidental contact between various departments.

One person quarantined as well after a friend he'd hung out with over the weekend called and told him they'd tested positive.  He went home immediately after that phone call and quarantined for two weeks as well, then returned last week, all clear.

• Like 2

This life we´re living is physical and nonphysical, dual and nondual, particle and wave, so please smile as you put on your mask.  Don´t half-ass this.  A mask without a smile provides inadequate protection.  A smile without a mask, inadequate protection.  We need good vibes and personal protective equipment. It´s a mistake to think that one way without the other is the right way.  Don´t pick a polarity and insist that those on the other side of the spectrum are doing it wrong.  Instead, be like existence herself, be like the almighty Tao: embrace both.

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1