do you feel  Teal responded to her past statement below in the video above:   (which is why I mentioned impressionable people beware)

...Teal: “Do you like life?. . . .”
Guest: “Yes and no, most of the time. I dissociate most of the time.”
Teal: “That's a hard ‘no’ then. Obviously growing up in the amount of trauma that you guys grew up around, life doesn't seem so peachy. So sometimes - which is what suicide is - is essentially pushing the reset button on life. Sometimes that's the best option for some people.” ...

• Thanks 1

In the video I posted Teal indeed sounded as though she was distancing herself from certain controversial views on suicide that she shared at one time. Seems fair enough.

I did like some of her observations and thoughts on the pandemic - that's why I decided to share her video. Beyond that, I know very little about Teal. However, nothing she may have said at other times would invalidate the content of that video for me as such.

And that's because I habitually evaluate each statement anybody makes as it stands by itself. I never just "buy" anybody's philosophy as a whole, regardless of who they are or claim to be.

But yes, "buyers" should certainly beware - always!

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Michael Sternbach said:

In the video I posted Teal indeed sounded as though she was distancing herself from certain controversial views on suicide that she shared at one time. Seems fair enough.

I did like some of her observations and thoughts on the pandemic - that's why I decided to share her video. Beyond that, I know very little about Teal. However, nothing she may have said at other times would invalidate the content of that video for me as such.

And that's because I habitually evaluate each statement anybody makes as it stands by itself. I never just "buy" anybody's philosophy as a whole, regardless of who they are or claim to be.

But yes, "buyers" should certainly beware - always!

ok Michael. Sternbach....except to me when or if a person has said something specifically in the past that now needs to be specifically clarified, thus not just generalized over. 

5 hours ago, old3bob said:

ok Michael. Sternbach....except to me when or if a person has said something specifically in the past that now needs to be specifically clarified, thus not just generalized over. 

Ok, that's fair enough. But I doubt Teal is going to provide that kind of clarification here in my thread. If you really want to know, why don't you try and hit her up for it on her Youtube channel?

she has a big public following thus I'd say it is her ethical responsibility to clarify details beyond generalizations for her followers or newbies if or when her statements are iffy...as for me i'm just a one person, non-public, probably pain in the ass hitting a pause button...

• Like 1