statusquovadis

Finding a master or school

1 hour ago, Earl Grey said:

My own work with teachers online is that they already come from established lineages, so studying online doesn't mean that one has no lineage, and studying in person with someone doesn't mean that they necessarily are better,

Wait for 5 year old kids logic to kick in and tell you are wrong.

1 hour ago, Earl Grey said:

their ability to teach is one big issue

After a decade of experience I could say I have found something close to ideal in terms of learning / teaching.

So 2 offline retreats per year. It could be in a city, rented hall / large room or penthouse, or it could be on a place of power, in mountains, in various countries.

20 online seminars per year, each seminar atleast 12 hours of guided practice / teaching.

Online seminars are nothing like "online seminars" most people experienced, not just talk talk talk do something yourself. It should be a practice with master, where teacher projects Qi or Altered states of mind or non-verbal knowledge.

So a combo of offline / online teaching will give best results, and it has to go consistently over 5 years.

Edited by GSmaster
  • Thanks 1

I definitely prefer in person teaching. I can learn a fair amount online as well as how I teach my own students, but there are limitations for certain practices.

For Xin Yi, the foundation had to be in person for me, then I was able to learn most other practices when the master was traveling, meeting up periodically to adjust if necessary and test for strength and power while building skills.

The background I have in my other practices allowed me to teach students online first then when meeting in person, only a few adjustments. For the moment, they have to do a lot of homework and self work. This is crucial for them developing their own path with what we teach as a safe foundation, provided they listen and follow what is instructed.

3 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

I can learn a fair amount online as well as how I teach my own students, but there are limitations for certain practices.

Thats true for Qigong arts. Although with some comprehension ability its possible to learn / notice subtle things even from video demonstration without any words.

Some practices require partner as to be able to influence and project Qi. If you practice Solo, for a long time you will not know if you are actually strong or have real powers, or just imagining things, until you test it on someone.

I mean if we take martial arts, its almost impossible to learn online.

6 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

they have to do a lot of homework and self work. This is crucial

It is crucial when students are able to get feedback from master, any way possible. A correction should happen once a week, in worse case once a month.

If you come 1 time to WLP seminar how are you gonna get any feedback later on? Got his whatsapp to ask questions? 

Ppl claiming they are WLP students are just ridiculously delusional.

38 minutes ago, GSmaster said:

Thats true for Qigong arts. Although with some comprehension ability its possible to learn / notice subtle things even from video demonstration without any words.

Some practices require partner as to be able to influence and project Qi. If you practice Solo, for a long time you will not know if you are actually strong or have real powers, or just imagining things, until you test it on someone.

I mean if we take martial arts, its almost impossible to learn online.

It is crucial when students are able to get feedback from master, any way possible. A correction should happen once a week, in worse case once a month.

If you come 1 time to WLP seminar how are you gonna get any feedback later on? Got his whatsapp to ask questions? 

Ppl claiming they are WLP students are just ridiculously delusional.

I actually do text my teachers. ☺️

They required me to have a foundation before they could be comfortable giving tips and guiding from an SMS.

This is for power and adjustments of some meditative techniques, but again, without proper foundation, nothing makes sense because I wouldn’t even have the ability to know what to ask or look for that they do.

These days the questions i ask give them insight as to where I am and meeting up later proves it because they can see the skill is there. Case in point was a tall hockey guy about 203cm was shocked i manhandled him in spite of being only 171cm, and this is from pure power more than skill, and another, an American football player lost to technique because all I needed was to strike his throat while he was blocking the feint strike.

• Like 1