Earl Grey

nCov19 Development and Prevention Discussion Only

Recommended Posts

Another great article about irrational decision making from Stanford
https://www.statnews.com/2020/03/17/a-fiasco-in-the-making-as-the-coronavirus-pandemic-takes-hold-we-are-making-decisions-without-reliable-data/

 

Here, just been for a long cycle up the coast, lots of hidden spots where people relaxing on the beach, playing tennis, or "exercising" ... people are only allowed out to "exercise" and the pigs are driving up and down the beach road, glad to see many people still enjoying themselves though.  Fantastic weather.  Might have a picnic by the waterline tomorrow.

Meanwhile my flu, which may have been CV judging by the hot dry lungs, is coming to an end ... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, moment said:

main-qimg-c8ab5a1976587892ac9d392734fd5a84main-qimg-da47d8f085b9122f41f4e8fe76164672

Actually, they're outdoors largely keeping social distance...not just a bunch of random people mingling together.  So, that's what they're supposed to be doing.

Edited by gendao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Trump says he wants the country back open by Easter or the depression will cost thousands more lives than the virus.

Correct.  I am sure the UK will follow at some point, thank god, in the UK there is a 4000 new bed temp hospital being built in London and they are renting beds in private hospitals about 8000.  So that's plus 12000, which is very good.  A few more thousand here and there, and capacity should be in the right area to deal with any peak.

Still wondering if CV exists or if its a total fabrication.

Here's an article about the docile western people who demand life with zero risk:

https://www.rt.com/op-ed/483979-coronavirus-risk-western-society/

Edited by rideforever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, rideforever said:

Here's an article about the docile western people who demand life with zero risk:

https://www.rt.com/op-ed/483979-coronavirus-risk-western-society/

Like Trump, I don't think you're wrong, but you do exaggerate greatly.  ie seeing outliers as the norm. 

You will undoubtedly find much that agrees with you on the Russian TV site- rt.com .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, thelerner said:

Like Trump, I don't think you're wrong, but you do exaggerate greatly.  ie seeing outliers as the norm. 

You will undoubtedly find much that agrees with you on the Russian TV site- rt.com .

 

Do you mean about the cult of docility ?

One thing that particularly disgusts me is watching young children going to the park being forced to wear fluorescent yellow safety vests ...cowardice and stupidity forced into them, it is tragic these kids are in a prison.

Worse than that ... once I was in a coffee shop and 8 kids stopped outside on and outing.  I had to take a 2nd and 3rd look but they were strapped to a ... yoke ... something like you see on farm animals.  They were strapped 2x2 onto some plastic plank.

What will they teach children next ... to cut off their genitals ?

Evil is coming to this world.

 

 

 

www.jpg

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Full services are returning to the London Undergound in order to improve spacing between people ‚Äď better than just banning people from using it.

 

Johnson may have been pushed towards a full lock down sooner than he really wanted. But if this does have a positive reduction in infection rates, it might be no bad thing as it will allow the numerous responses that are slowly kicking in to take hold.

 

Factories being re-tooled to produce ventilators.

Field hospitals put up (as Ride has mentioned)

More testing kits to be produced

More production of hand sanitiser

Better distribution of facemasks and safety kits.

Loads of nurses and Dr coming back in to service.

Even more student nurses and student Dr being stream line in to work.

 

There does feel to be a genuinely successful response which is now being put into motion ‚Äď which each country has had to do in their own way.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, rideforever said:

 

Do you mean about the cult of docility ?

One thing that particularly disgusts me is watching young children going to the park being forced to wear fluorescent yellow safety vests ...cowardice and stupidity forced into them, it is tragic these kids are in a prison.

Worse than that ... once I was in a coffee shop and 8 kids stopped outside on and outing.  I had to take a 2nd and 3rd look but they were strapped to a ... yoke ... something like you see on farm animals.  They were strapped 2x2 onto some plastic plank.

What will they teach children next ... to cut off their genitals ?

Evil is coming to this world.

 

I don't think they're going to teach kids to cut off their genitals anytime soon.  That's a strange exaggeration. 

 

Evils been here for a long time.  Its not going anywhere.  Past was in no way free of it.  Same as Good, its coming and its already here. 

 

Having 3 kids and having taught classes, I understand that when you're taking 4 or 5 year olds out for field trips, where it's crowded, that yokking them is a good idea.  Sometimes I've seen a cord used that they have to hold onto.  As a parent I approve of either.  Having been a volunteer for field trips to crowded museums keeping kids, especially young ones together is tough.  Them getting lost is terrifying for everyone.

 

Let there parents give them free reign, while under school care we're responsible and need them to follow instructions and stay together as much as possible.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, thelerner said:

yokking them is a good idea.

 

The only disagreement between you and I is that we belong to different species.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, rideforever said:

 

The only disagreement between you and I is that we belong to different species.

Nope, we're both men.  I tend to be optimistic*, you tend to be very very very pessimistic.  That's the main difference, the filter we see the world thru.

 

Looking a little closer, the kids aren't yokked to anything.  They have bright yellow ribbons on to be seen and identified easily.  They work(or play) together to hold up the 'cord' thing they're holding onto.  They seem happy.  A good thing.

 

 

* I'll look at a glass, see its half full and wonder where I can get some ice.

You look at a glass, see its half full and wonder if its poisoned. 

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally got round to it ...

using the most inaccurate maths there is

by assuming an exponential growth to infections continuing unabated as shown in the graph here

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html

it will take about 60 days for the UK to reach 50,000,000 infections, roughly 80% of population

the errors here are vast, but it finally gives me some hold on to a possible trajectory of the virus ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 Trunk was looking for N.A. recordings. This is from the album Sacred Mountains by Louie Gonnie. No synths or junk like that, in fact no instrumental accompaniment at all. I believe a couple of tracks have drums, but this is just a sample, the whole album is good and is the real deal.

He has other albums, but a lot of them are peyote songs and have a rapid, sustained drum beat. This one is more meditative, so I prefer it.  

 

 

Edited by Feral
"."
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This disease is a picnic to be honest.  The dead are only the oldest or the frailest, and it is bringing society to its knees.  Who knows the economic damage.

 

Imagine if it was Mers, or Sars, or Ebola.  My god.  If a severe flu causes this much chaos ...

 

And those pandemics are coming.  We will be much better off with some new facilities in the UK, it will serve us in the long run ... but if it was a serious disease it would be instant economic depression and possibly social collapse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Feral said:

 Trunk was looking for N.A. recordings. This is from the album Sacred Mountains by Louie Gonnie. No synths or junk like that, in fact no instrumental accompaniment at all. I believe a couple of tracks have drums, but this is just a sample, the whole album is good and is the real deal.

He has other albums, but a lot of them are peyote songs and have a rapid, sustained drum beat. This one is more meditative, so I prefer it.  

 

 

 

No mod can delete this as there are no mods.

 

You can go to the bottom of the post and click "options" then hide it, or you can edit this entirely and leave "." to mark you want to delete the post. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

The New York Times puts lines through it if you are not a subsciber, but I don't care.  It is an update within the last hour. 

 

New York’s virus case count is doubling every three days.

Coronavirus is accelerating its spread in New York, with potentially disastrous consequences, Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo said in a briefing on Tuesday in which he criticized the federal government’s response as woefully insufficient.

‚ÄėASTRONOMICAL‚Äô SURGE

 With cases in New York City doubling every three days, the governor and mayor pleaded for more federal help.

The case count is doubling every three days, and the peak of infection in New York could come as soon as two to three weeks, Mr. Cuomo said, outrunning earlier projections and threatening to put even greater strain on the health care system than officials had feared.

‚ÄúWe haven‚Äôt flattened the curve. And the curve is actually increasing,‚ÄĚ Mr. Cuomo said. ‚ÄúThe apex is higher than we thought, and the apex is sooner than we thought. That is a bad combination of facts.‚ÄĚ

Edited by moment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Miffymog said:

Full services are returning to the London Undergound in order to improve spacing between people ‚Äď better than just banning people from using it.

 

Johnson may have been pushed towards a full lock down sooner than he really wanted. But if this does have a positive reduction in infection rates, it might be no bad thing as it will allow the numerous responses that are slowly kicking in to take hold.

 

Factories being re-tooled to produce ventilators.

Field hospitals put up (as Ride has mentioned)

More testing kits to be produced

More production of hand sanitiser

Better distribution of facemasks and safety kits.

Loads of nurses and Dr coming back in to service.

Even more student nurses and student Dr being stream line in to work.

 

There does feel to be a genuinely successful response which is now being put into motion ‚Äď which each country has had to do in their own way.

 

 

Although, Johnson appears to have unconditionally surrendered and imposed the lockdown as a result of the threat of  a French boot up his overstuffed arse on Friday morning last:

 

Quote

8e5087bc6009c922c3a9f3889d7f699f

PARIS (Reuters) - Le président français Emmanuel Macron a menacé vendredi de fermer la frontière entre la France et la Grande-Bretagne si le Premier ministre britannique Boris Johnson ne prenait pas de mesures plus strictes pour lutter contre la propagation du coronavirus, a rapporté le journal Libération.

Boris Johnson a r√©clam√© vendredi la fermeture des pubs, restaurants, th√©√Ętres, cin√©mas et salles de sport afin d'enrayer la propagation de l'√©pid√©mie, plusieurs jours apr√®s que d'autres pays europ√©ens ont plac√© leurs citoyens en confinement.

D'après Libération, qui cite des sources à la présidence française, la décision du dirigeant britannique a été entérinée après qu'Emmanuel Macron lui a donné vendredi matin un ultimatum, menaçant d'interdire l'entrée sur le sol français à tous les voyageurs britanniques, si de nouvelles mesures contre le virus n'étaient pas prises.

Contactés par Reuters, les services du président français se sont refusés à tout commentaire. Mais une source proche d'Emmanuel Macron a confirmé qu'il y avait eu une conversation téléphonique entre les deux dirigeants vendredi.

"La présentation est un peu dure mais on a en effet préparé la fermeture (...)", a expliqué la source.

Interrogé sur ces informations, un porte-parole de Downing Street a déclaré : "comme l'a dit le Premier ministre vendredi, ces nouvelles mesures ont été prises sur la base de recommandations scientifiques et conformément au plan d'action gouvernemental énoncé il y a deux semaines".

 

(Michel Rose, avec James Davey √† Londres, version fran√ßaise Jean Terzian et Gw√©na√ęlle Barzic)

 

https://fr.news.yahoo.com/coronavirus-macron-menacé-dinterdire-lentrée-115241255.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAJxDeBCu3kAEWOXWPBnt96kwMbYkgjPyel80xZUVXn81mji-pzMvaukfPg9Wv3Y_M9BZZ8lUDBXlEcvERutkHOZ7_xj6RtjWjobAZ2VTOJgXrhi1H4G6_7F-wq2x6jsi6EjhVNJe6vqSQ8w7zOQ6qZwsBqTGcX_l-rAR520KlS7s

 

Seems not to have been noticed by any of the UK press. rotfl.gif

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
Quote

Jusqu’à présent, Boris Johnson s’était contenté d’annoncer des demi-mesures, parfois même contradictoires, après avoir poursuivi initialement une stratégie d’immunité collective. Il avait finalement demandé vendredi soir la fermeture des pubs, bars et restaurants et des écoles, sous la pression notamment du président français, Emmanuel Macron, qui l’avait menacé de fermer les frontières vers le Royaume-Uni dans la journée s’il ne prenait pas des mesures plus drastiques.

 

 

https://www.liberation.fr/planete/2020/03/23/covid-19-le-royaume-uni-ferme-aussi-et-enfin_1782834

 

It was instantly effective because most of the UK's food comes via the EU and I guess that most of it travels via Dover or the Channel Tunnel.

 

So, the UK population can thank France for bailing them out by forcing Johnson and Cummings to slow the rate of transmission.

 

That's certainly bought the NHS some catch-up time.

 

Un très, très grand merci à vous M. Macron.

 

Vive la France!

 

Edited by gatito
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rideforever said:

This disease is a picnic to be honest.  The dead are only the oldest or the frailest, and it is bringing society to its knees.  Who knows the economic damage.

 

Imagine if it was Mers, or Sars, or Ebola.  My god.  If a severe flu causes this much chaos ...

 

And those pandemics are coming.  We will be much better off with some new facilities in the UK, it will serve us in the long run ... but if it was a serious disease it would be instant economic depression and possibly social collapse.

 

Young persons are dying also! Picnic? That is an absurd observation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, rideforever said:

Imagine if it was Mers, or Sars, or Ebola.  My god.  If a severe flu causes this much chaos ...

 

Sars infected 8000 and killed 800, with 10% fatality rate.

 

The current virus already killed 15000..

 

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/italy/

 

The fatality rate in Italy is 10%.

 

69000 cases, and 6900 deaths.

 

Sars took more than a year to kill 800 ppl.

Covid-19 is just in the early stages of epidemy, think its been like 2-3 months at most.

 

I could estimate globally some 50000 deaths and 5 million cases just in May.

Edited by GSmaster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, rideforever said:

 

Do you mean about the cult of docility ?

One thing that particularly disgusts me is watching young children going to the park being forced to wear fluorescent yellow safety vests ...cowardice and stupidity forced into them, it is tragic these kids are in a prison.

Worse than that ... once I was in a coffee shop and 8 kids stopped outside on and outing.  I had to take a 2nd and 3rd look but they were strapped to a ... yoke ... something like you see on farm animals.  They were strapped 2x2 onto some plastic plank.

What will they teach children next ... to cut off their genitals ?

Evil is coming to this world.

 

Dear Faffforever,

 

Would you stop faffing yourself before you come here? The way you faff onto your belly and then scoop the sticky, warm faff puddle up with your fingers and slurp it into your faffmouth really doesn't help, because we can still smell your faff breath while you faff at us. It's disgusting. And ineffectual.

 

Btw, being the slovenly crank who sits at Starbucks watching RT on his phone (I bet it's got a huge crack in the screen you fixed with tape AND you watch it with the sound on in public, acting like you are at war with the nanny state, while actually just desperate for attention, even negative attention, mostly because you wish you had an actual nanny) with a huge frown on your face while glowering at other people's kids... Is... What is it?Ah, yes, it's creepy.

 

Stop staring at the children, please.

 

Essentially, your modus operandi is that of a low-ranking retired eunuch who's counting the days till reincarnation while using the free wifi to make up for his inability to ejaculate human goop by serially ejacking faff thoughts into the internet. Kinda lame, and all that faffing is gonna drain your enlightened little lower dantian, no matter how many espressos you pour into it.

 

Why don'thca just stop? Aren't there activities you could be doing at the retired eunuch activity center? Perhaps you could apply to join the British SAS and go around the world saving people like they did in Thailand, should be easy since you're soooooo amazing and immune to all those (fake) diseases.

 

(P.S. it's so unfair Starbucks doesn't give free refills, isn't it?) 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Walker said:

 

Dear Faffforever,

 

Would you stop faffing yourself before you come here? The way you faff onto your belly and then scoop the sticky, warm faff puddle up with your fingers and slurp it into your faffmouth really doesn't help, because we can still smell your faff breath while you faff at us. It's disgusting. And ineffectual.

 

Btw, being the slovenly crank who sits at Starbucks watching RT on his phone (I bet it's got a huge crack in the screen you fixed with tape AND you watch it with the sound on in public, acting like you are at war with the nanny state, while actually just desperate for attention, even negative attention, mostly because you wish you had an actual nanny) with a huge frown on your face while glowering at other people's kids... Is... What is it?Ah, yes, it's creepy.

 

Stop staring at the children, please.

 

Essentially, your modus operandi is that of a low-ranking retired eunuch who's counting the days till reincarnation while using the free wifi to make up for his inability to ejaculate human goop by serially ejacking faff thoughts into the internet. Kinda lame, and all that faffing is gonna drain your enlightened little lower dantian, no matter how many espressos you pour into it.

 

Why don'thca just stop? Aren't there activities you could be doing at the retired eunuch activity center? Perhaps you could apply to join the British SAS and go around the world saving people like they did in Thailand, should be easy since you're soooooo amazing and immune to all those (fake) diseases.

 

(P.S. it's so unfair Starbucks doesn't give free refills, isn't it?) 

 

Walker, your legendary verbal beatdowns for idiots on the forum have transcended literary heights with this here. 

 

I tip my hat off to you, good sir! 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With 600,000 medics in the UK ... and only 20 Covid patients in critical condition, you wonder why they say they can't cope.

But then they are always saying that.  This is start to look like Remoaner 3.0.

I can see our society being ruled by moronic sheep who demand to live in fluorescent yellow houses with NHS doctors circling them continuously for any sign of disease.

Meanwhile the BBC ignores any good statistics and writes any bad stats in giant red letters on its website.

Trump is the only one with a brain in this whole picture, he knows the cure can't be worse than the disease.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites