Sign in to follow this  
JustARandomPanda

Chanting Deity/Buddha names and The Cosmic Doctrine

Popping in to say Hi to a bunch of old timer Dao Bums. Also to give an update on some things I've been learning after a LONG time of self work.

A lot of my growth I credit to assorted teachers I either follow online via Youtube such as Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev and from assorted books such as Master Nan Huai-Chin and Bill Bodri.

I think...(this is so amazing) I have a new appreciation of the power of chanting a Buddha or Hindu deity name and what it is doing on an energetic level. I began this practice after a particularly convincing, long essay on this practice by Master Nan Huai-Chin. I was blown away by his explanation of why this is THE premier method for many masters in the Kali Yuga age. Just to hammer it home Master Nan said this was his own method he eventually settled on for himself! After decades of so many other practices that he did...he finally reached such an incredible level he became aware of the power of this one practice and finally settled on it over anything else. Or as Sadhguru once quipped, "you can loot each other's loot bags" (ie. storehouse of prajna-wisdom and capabilities). Well that was enough to convince me to give it a try and WOW! At least in my instance, he wasn't kidding. I have had super fast progress using this method like no other.

And it's because of Sadhguru I think I understand why this practice works so well. Sadhguru says that earth (and the cosmos) has had many stupendously high level Masters but the vast majority never have public teaching careers nor have lots of disciples. The karma that taking on the responsibility of public teaching and of lots of disciples is pretty far reaching. So most masters don't go this route. Nonetheless he says such beings don't leave the planet without wishing to contribute something for the betterment of humanity. They leave their contribution in the form of shakti. The karma is so much less by giving their teachings in this way as opposed to the way Sadhguru is doing it. Their names (and maybe other patterns such as sitting a certain way at a certain location) encode everything they themselves have learned and mastered and they leave it for people to discover (or chant if their name is known). By encountering their 'energy signature' you are downloading everything they themselves learned and mastered. And I do mean - *everything*.

On a second front:

I've encountered an early 20th century Dion Fortune book called The Cosmic Doctrine. I'm finally convinced Ms. Fortune had a higher Plane guru/guide because so much of that book aligns with things I've heard Sadhguru also give talks about. Cosmic Doctrine is a detailed Kriya Yoga/Nei Gong book! Yes it's talking about the shakti at a cosmos level but the laws that govern the cosmos are the same laws that occur inside us as Sadhguru is always saying. So when I started to read it I was like - Holy Moly! The West finally has it's own authentic contribution to human consciousness evolution alongside China, the Middle East and India! The Cosmic Doctrine is a gem that needs to be translated into other languages if it isn't already and be taught the world over imo. It's also in the public domain now and can be freely downloaded in pdf form.

It's VERY detailed and you can read it quite successfully as a Nei Gong/Kriya Shakti book. I finally figured out the real Sri Yantra is best "built" inside the human body as is the Shiva Yantra or any other "yantra" depending on the results one is aiming for. Finally had that "aha" moment from understanding what The Cosmic Doctrine is teaching combined with several Sadhguru videos. I'm guessing it's easiest to get such operational yantras inside your own body by chanting a Buddha or Deity name that's associated with the benefits associated with those 2 yantras (or whichever other yantra appeals to you). And so much more. Just from chanting a name (or names)! It's the difference between driving at high speed on a constantly well-maintained highway vs. having to pave the road yourself before you can get anywhere. Here's a link that tells various names of various Buddhas of the past and what you can "download" just from chanting his/her name. Pick one that sounds appealing and give it a shot.

My results have been so amazing from just this one practice. It sounds so corny but you download SO much! And the Cosmic Doctrine explains the mechanics of WHY and HOW that happens.

p.s. The name I chant regularly is Bei-Shah-Jei Lapis Lazuli Medicine Buddha and according to Master Nan Huai-Chin he works at the alaya level (8th consciousness) of karmic greed - ie. transforms it into incredible generosity. He also increases one's affinity to good health and healing. You'll also have much more beautiful, healthful bodies upon rebirth from chanting his name. I started receiving noticeable changes on the Second DAY!  For me at least name chanting is a fabulous, super fast Nei-Gong/Yoga practice. I can feel the shakti changes taking place inside my body when I name chant. So excited I feel like a little puppy running around with a wagging tail at discovering how joyful and bountiful life is with this one simple practice.

Edited by JustARandomPanda
added links, fixed typos and added post script
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Wanted to add I have discovered it's helpful to add a second or even third name to chant (or some other complimentary practice) because name chanting works at the alaya level for purification and advancement according to Master Nan Huai-Chin. Which I suppose is why for many people the results start showing up pretty fast. It will start bringing forward all the karmic seeds from alaya - both those the Name you're chanting is busy purifying and those that it doesn't.

So my tactic was to notice what kind of thoughts were surfacing (without judgment) that I wanted to "improve" or turn around. Both the Buddha and Sadhguru say that what one thinks will be what one becomes in the future (whether this life or a future one). So my thoughts gave me a clue as to what needs most addressing because it's ripening along with the things Bei Shah Jei's Shakti is working on.

I used this 5 Dhyani Buddhas document to help me figure out a second name to chant and the Tattva/Bhuta it addresses. I guess I'll let the cat out of the bag (crossing fingers this is not a dumb thing to admit online) I chose Ratnasambhava as my second name. I am not as far along as many other Dao Bum practitioners. I've never experienced Kundalini Awakening to give an example. So I'm very much a beginner if one wants to use Kundalini as a yardstick for progress. I noticed thoughts of "self-pride" were beginning to increase to a disturbingly noticeable degree after I began chanting Bei Shah Jei whereas before they were more rare.

According to that webpage 'self-pride' is a sign that the earth element is particularly afflicted. From a chinese nei-gong standpoint it means the spleen is particularly afflicted as is one's sense of smell and one having skin problems (in my case having a hard time detecting odors, lots of allergies and dry, itchy skin) and is the result of excessive monkey-mind chattering and leads to soft, flabby muscles (aka poor muscle tone) all over the body. The last I got from another website and nearly fell out of my chair in shock because 'overly soft, flabby muscles' has indeed been a huge health problem all my life that even lifting weights has not been able to fully address! I had no idea afflicted earth/spleen has the knockon effect of such lack of muscle tone but apparently it does.

Anyway, my typical practice to address self-pride or one-upsmanship vis-a-vis others was to use a Tibetan Buddhist practice of immediately using logic rationales (which are also thoughts) to demonstrate to myself how I'm NOT superior to other people - especially to people whom are so "worldling" or "muggle"-ish they disdain and discount any spiritual practice or teaching (*cough* my own family *cough* cough*).

Chanting Bei Shah Jei is working very fast and its now letting me see I need much stronger medicine to address self-pride than the Tibetan practice I was using. I've been using some sort of self-deflating rationale work since I was a child but the Tibetan practice ramps that up. According to the 5 Dhyani Buddhas page and longer pdf lesson/essay Ratnasambhava is medicine for someone with a lot of self-pride and will crank up the purification process in that area into overdrive beyond even the Tibetan practice. It also just so happens that according to the Ksitigarbha sutra chanting his name grants (and I quote):

"Additionally, in the past, as many kalpas ago as all of the sands in innumerable Ganges Rivers, there was a Buddha in the world named Ratnasambhava Tathagata.  If there are men or women who hear this Buddha's name, they shall ultimately not fall into the realms of suffering.  They shall often be born into heaven and receive blessings."

So not only will his name energy help people in their current life with an afflicted earth element/spleen like me. You are also downloading the shakti energy that will let you have rebirths in a higher heaven where you can receive teachings from Buddhist or Hindu Deities as well!

typos and adding links to pdfs

On a related note I’ve been learning about a Daoist deity, Taiyi Jiuku, who also gives many benefits in connection with calling his name. I translated a scripture relating to him here: 

• Like 1

Wow. Chanting Names is utterly amazing.

I wish like crazy now I could go back in time and just do Name chanting when I first started to get serious. It blows all the other practices I've been doing all these years out of the water. And I first began around 2006. Joined DaoBums the next year.

Nothing else - at least for me - has remotely come close to the power and speed of this practice. It's weird how I can 'feel' the 'me' disappearing (only to come roaring back as I type this but now that I've had a taste of what it's like I want more)! Does that make sense? Unfortunately it's rather difficult to use English without pronouns but the closest I can get would be 'the chanting is chanting itself'. That's the best description I can give of what it's like.

Now my SF novel luvin no-self wonders what it's gonna be like when the experience of activity dissipates too. :blink:  Then the Buddha says 'turn your awareness back on itself' - and see where that goes. I suspect it will be really freaky!

This Name Chanting Nei-Gong that works on the alaya level as the starting point is amazing! At least for me it is lightening fast.

typos

Chanting can be extremely powerful when your mind, energy, and body are ready. Sometimes even when they’re not ready!

I’ve been doing a variety of mantras from my tradition, one of which is practice of the 5 warrior seed syllables and the mantras associated with long life and the Bön goddess of wisdom and love. Great stuff!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/12/2020 at 1:18 AM, JustARandomPanda said:

It's weird how I can 'feel' the 'me' disappearing (only to come roaring back as I type this but now that I've had a taste of what it's like I want more)! Does that make sense? Unfortunately it's rather difficult to use English without pronouns but the closest I can get would be 'the chanting is chanting itself'. That's the best description I can give of what it's like.

Makes sense to me.

This is known as the path of the secret mantrayana and is used to transform into the deity in the generation stages of tantric Buddhism. 

On 2/12/2020 at 1:18 AM, JustARandomPanda said:

Now my SF novel luvin no-self wonders what it's gonna be like when the experience of activity dissipates too. :blink:  Then the Buddha says 'turn your awareness back on itself' - and see where that goes. I suspect it will be really freaky!

No worries, the space and awareness will be there for “you” - the experience won’t dissipate as much as the experiencer and the illusion of separation between experience and experiencer. Trust the dissolution, trust the mantra, trust the deity, and more than anything, trust the space and awareness.

• Like 1

thanks for that cosmic doctrine link , had a quick look through and gonna take a more detailed look later ,

can you explain how this  incorporates nei gong in its teaching ?

Edited by ronko
typo

Sign in to follow this