Goku76

Levitation and possibly flight?

Recommended Posts

56 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

Thanks for the puns guys.  In some ways this thread has been a real downer so the levity is appreciated.

 

Were you feeling like you'd been grounded? :lol:

  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

all those folks... levitating...

 

i wonder what they're up to...

 

All you magi

 

In your stupid robes

 

To us plebs 

 

A terror of upskirts blotting out the sun

 

Bunch of damned Dao bums

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ilumairen said:

 

Were you feeling like you'd been grounded? :lol:

 

I´d love to come up with an appropriately lofty response to this post but I keep falling on my bony word playing butt. Puns based on obscure anatomical structures, such as the levator scapulae, just aren´t gonna fly.

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ralis said:


I wonder why levitation is not done upside down? :huh:

 

because in zero G there is no 'up' . or 'down'   :) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, liminal_luke said:

Thanks for the puns guys.  In some ways this thread has been a real downer so the levity is appreciated.

 

Wait ... another pun , or   ..

 

( I made so many,   even I  cant tell any more  .)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ilumairen said:

 

Were you feeling like you'd been grounded? :lol:

 

I like it!:D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Nungali said:

 

Wait ... another pun , or   ..

 

( I made so many,   even I  cant tell any more  .)

:o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyway .

 

I remember fantastic realistic 'night flights' as a small child .  Its always intrigued me , and  there is the 'great sensation' as well.

 

Then there is the 'astral projection stuff' , going back from now, thru New Age and all the way back to .... all the way back . I remember seeing the first very ancient rock/cave art ; a person lying down with a line coming up from him and 'another' (? ) person on the other end flying through the air .

 

Another thing I remember; manning a youth  drop in centre , many years ago, a young woman came in one night , she talked about a life of 'craziness' ,  psychiatry , nasty prescription drugs  and suicide attempts . She showed me some nasty scars, and some bad ones where down the wrist, not shallow ones across the wrist - so, a 'professional' .   She said it started with  a (what we call  Out of Body) experience . It startled and confused her a bit, so she told her parents . And it kept happening and she kept describing it to them , so eventually off to the doctor ... the psych , bad psych meds . etc etc .

 

A friend and I had a talk to her and she was 'What ! What's this ! "   Told her heaps of people have had that, its not nuts !  She went  off happy and excited.  A week or so later  she returned and said she had been reading some books on it .  She had been off meds  months earlier anyway .Still damage  by her 'treatments'  but 'comprehending' a lot better .  Nor thinking she was a psycho .


Then there is how it seen in the Aboriginal traditions .

 

Spoiler

I should only post bits of this  , even though I 'hide' it

 

 

The first session I had with my shamanic teacher, after a day and a night long discussion, in the early hours he took up a pen and started drawing a lot of things he communicated to me , out in sketches .  Not in Aboriginal art but in a modern drawing style  ,  but he drew super quick (not light speed though ;) )  and started from the top of the page and went in a line of 'doodles and squiggles' from right to left, down, from left to right , down, etc until the bottom - like a computer printer  prints out on a sheet .    I was , WTF until about he got 1/2 way through the first one and the picture emerged .

 

Anyway, about the 4th or 5th one he did, it was a cliff face with a flat area at the bottom and forest around, in the middle was  person dancing, one leg up both arms up head down . Feathery wings  where faintly drawn around the arms , feather in hair and a bone necklace   that went down to the breast .   Then as he points at various parts ; " That's you  , your'e  third level, that's when you fly . You go to that place you told me about where you hung looking over that cliff down on to eagles . Down the bottom below the cliffs, look for some bones , get breast bone, these ones (  he indicates on his own body )  - they do this, and these ones ... they do this .... ( explains 'flight mechanics) .  This very important part from here , make it fit here  ( breast ) , etc . Make a necklace, get the tail feathers . etc .   Then, when its time, you do the ceremony, this dance, you gotta 'get' the eagle ."   ( You 'got'  , means  you have  a totem or similar - 'get' )... do the dance  ... etc ...

 

Later we talked more about various traditions that have 'flying people'. ( Of course Australian traditions are  FULL of it, I have heard  some great ones !   Uncle Link stood me back neck hairs up with one of those stories  - he is an old fellah, so  the old traditions where even fresher then , his wife, Auntie Pauline said she never saw a white person until she was about 10 .   The ancient traditions are very close to the present here ) . A few aboriginal traditions have a  'level 3 flight thing .  Eve  in Freemasonry and similar they have a 3 degree system where 3 represents death , and rebirth .  I was told how, after the right preparations , the shaman goes to the right cliff and jumps off .   Its a test , like many of their old rites  ... you can die if you fail .  Some do. Then there was talk and 'black' black humour about the mix of eagle and shaman bones together at the bottom of some of those cliffs . 

 

And, I broached the taboo subject ( of course :) )  - cheating .   trickery, climbing down and 'appearing' (landing ) elsewhere .   Which was also joked about !   ( ya gotta watch those shamans ... is it a joke, or not  ( or a joke within a joke  ( or none of its a joke ( or it all is ( or non of the above ( or all of the above ( or both neither all and neither of the above  (  (:  ))))))) .

 

 

AND , of course a tradition of this runs  through Buddhism .  I am wondering how this experience fits in with other Buddhist concepts like their theories of bodies and planes , 'no soul' , or other variations of beliefs.

 

Also, the ability does not seem to rest on cultivation or development at all in some ... they just  'out there ' . 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, GSmaster said:

 

Oh wow, sux. 

There are people who have active subconsciousness and voices in their head, and they get hospitalized, while this is a great gift, not a psychosis.

 

 

 

Yeah, thats a bit freaky .... I worked in psyche ward a bit . Even people that are obviously crazy and need to be there have 'psychic moments' .... and sometimes they dump them on you  .... its a bit of a shock, when 'crazy every day dude'  who you have been helping get it together, physically, for days on end , and seems a total train wreck ,  and then one day looks sparkly and 'masterful' when you turn up to work, looks at you and tells you exactly what you did last night .

 

Then a few hours later they are a mess again , and dont know where they are .

 

:(

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Julian Jaynes'  The Origin of Consciousness in the breakdown of the Bicameral Mind.  comes to mind with this conversation.

 

That voice we hear in our head, all of us 'normal' folk?  That insight... intuition... Jayne's theorized that we used to experience that internal voice like it was external.  And that this is the basis of our notions of Gods and Goddesses, Spirits. 

 

Moses coming on the cusp of the burgeoning modern brain, may have still been experiencing or interpreting his internal thoughts as an external voice when he claimed God was speaking to him.  I always figured he was skizophrenic and happened to be a charismatic leader from my study of it in my Apostacy.  After encountering Jayne's theory, it could be why we see written language, and modern civilization arising all about the same time, as our brains became more unified by the Corpus Collosum and thoughts that used to seem external, were recognized as internally generated.

 

I have several skizophrenic friends.  Routinely I find myself wondering if they're the ones who are broken, or if they're simply unable to turn off areas that are dormant in all of us 'normals'.

 

Though I do always wonder as George Carlin did so succinctly.  " why is it that the voice in someone's head always tells them to kill their family?  Why doesn't that voice ever say "go take a shit on the salad bar at Wendy's?".

 

pfft... normal... i gave it up years ago.

 

any more, it's patently clear I don't suffer at all from insanity... i quite delight in it.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, silent thunder said:

That voice we hear in our head, all of us 'normal' folk?  That insight... intuition... Jayne's theorized that we used to experience that internal voice like it was external.  And that this is the basis of our notions of Gods and Goddesses, Spirits.

 

Jaynes is simply an inexperienced, materialistic, little feller making excuses for his inexperience in order to pacify himself and others.  The external voice is nothing like the internal voice.  The internal voice is so little.  When a spirit speaks to you it is loud and clear (it has volume) and you KNOW beyond a shadow of a doubt that it came from outside yourself.  It is exactly like someone talking in your ear, loudly and clearly, actually it seems to conduct through the part of your skull (bone) just behind your ear.  Often enough it results in a little dent in your ego, and it's clearly not the kind of thing your ego would bring up, or that you would even wildly imagine saying to yourself.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

 The internal voice is so little. 

 

This has been my experience too but I think some schizophrenics would disagree.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, silent thunder said:

Julian Jaynes'  The Origin of Consciousness in the breakdown of the Bicameral Mind.  comes to mind with this conversation.

 

That voice we hear in our head, all of us 'normal' folk?  That insight... intuition... Jayne's theorized that we used to experience that internal voice like it was external.  And that this is the basis of our notions of Gods and Goddesses, Spirits. 

 

Moses coming on the cusp of the burgeoning modern brain, may have still been experiencing or interpreting his internal thoughts as an external voice when he claimed God was speaking to him.  I always figured he was skizophrenic and happened to be a charismatic leader from my study of it in my Apostacy.  After encountering Jayne's theory, it could be why we see written language, and modern civilization arising all about the same time, as our brains became more unified by the Corpus Collosum and thoughts that used to seem external, were recognized as internally generated.

 

I have several skizophrenic friends.  Routinely I find myself wondering if they're the ones who are broken, or if they're simply unable to turn off areas that are dormant in all of us 'normals'.

 

Its VERY hard to function without a set of filters .   I removed just some of mine for  while, it was stressful, exhausting, hard to concentrate and focus on specific things  - and I knew what was going on !   I did reinstall for 'functioning' purposes.

 

 

 

Quote

 

Though I do always wonder as George Carlin did so succinctly.  " why is it that the voice in someone's head   Why doesn't that voice ever say "go take a shit on the salad bar at Wendy's?".

 

I have written extensively about this on DBs  and put a lot of stuff together about it with very interesting and valid  papers supporting it  ( I didnt get all my likes by JUST being silly )   lot of it is in the esoteric / magic / evocation  threads .

 

Of course they  dont always tells them to kill their family , or shit on salad bars . There are two basic types , the 'lower' ones talk and interact a  LOT  the higher ones dont , they communicate most often in symbols and with felt emotions .    person in trouble with the 'lower' can great help by the higher , IF you know how to do this 'stuff' -  higher can dispel lower , but not visa versa .  I am referring to factual clinical studies in extreme case  psych hospital . Not woo-woo.

 

But anyway  .... levitation .

 

 

 

 

 

Quote

 

pfft... normal... i gave it up years ago.

 

any more, it's patently clear I don't suffer at all from insanity... i quite delight in it.

 

 

caa8f91a3b3df9731ff2c904df88482a.jpg

 

:)

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, liminal_luke said:

 

This has been my experience too but I think some schizophrenics would disagree.

 

 

..... and they know lots of things 'without  shadow of a doubt'   as well   .  ;) 

 

 

- try convincing one otherwise and see what happens.   :)

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry been busy for a few days so i missed the depressing thing and the uplifting trajectory of the puns which successfully elevated the mood right back to a floating breeze. Well done!

 

To everybody and nobody in particular:

I would like to share that anyone foolish enough to mess with Luke automatically gains an enemy in me. This might mean bupkiss to you, but to me it means a lot.

 

He doesnt need me backing him up, obviously, but nonetheless here is a solid principle to remember:

Target one as your foe and you shall gain twice that number of enemies.

Give one a shove and you shall earn twice in return.

Give one love and twice it will be repaid in kindness.

Help me once and i will not rest until i have saved you twice.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rocky Lionmouth said:

Sorry been busy for a few days so i missed the depressing thing and the uplifting trajectory of the puns which successfully elevated the mood right back to a floating breeze. Well done!

 

To everybody and nobody in particular:

I would like to share that anyone foolish enough to mess with Luke automatically gains an enemy in me. This might mean bupkiss to you, but to me it means a lot.

 

He doesnt need me backing him up, obviously, but nonetheless here is a solid principle to remember:

Target one as your foe and you shall gain twice that number of enemies.

Give one a shove and you shall earn twice in return.

Give one love and twice it will be repaid in kindness.

Help me once and i will not rest until i have saved you twice.

Well Said Mate!

 

Count me a +1 standing side by side with luke and the Lion Panda...

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

Well Said Mate!

 

Count me a +1 standing side by side with luke and the Lion Panda...

 

Me also!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Funny how sillier threads can get the nastiest. 

 

maybe sillier isn't the right word.. maybe speculative-ish-er.. abstract..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dao Bums cheerleading squad has arrived.

 

19 hours ago, Starjumper said:

When a spirit speaks to you it is loud and clear (it has volume)

 

Correction, it doesn't actually have volume, but it sounds just like it has volume.  My chi kung brother once spoke to Jesus and he said the answer came back in a big booming voice.  The answer was: "You're not ready yet"

 

13 hours ago, Nungali said:

the 'lower' ones talk and interact a  LOT  the higher ones dont , they communicate most often in symbols and with felt emotions

 

Right, they don't talk much, and ignore you unless you're 'worth' it, but my experience disagrees with yours.  Assuming Avatar/immortals are 'higher' of course.  I've had four communications, three were with words.  Babaji Nagaraj, mahaavatar/mahaimmortal, answered a request with words.  The Pale off white dragon who is my guardian, another immortal, and the Grim Reaper for Taoists, answered two questions with words in one brief conversation, Sai Baba, an avatar/immortal, introduced himself, when I was shown his picture, with two very powerful feelings but no words; and once I was walking through my living room, and out of the blue, some asshole told me how I was going to die.  Four times, that is, if you don't count all the times my teacher, an avatar/immortal, spoke to me with telepathy.  What's interesting is his English was poor and he had a serious accent, however during telepathy his English was full and complete.  He only got the old accent when he answered with 'bushit' (bullshit without the 'L' sound) which was the same way he said it in person.

 

 

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, GSmaster said:

 

The difference between schizophrenics and magus, is the degree of control over a "supranatural phenomenas".


There are so many people who in the process of becoming the magus, become schizophrenics, due to weak will, weak mind, weak spirit.

 

The progression ratio is less than 1%.

 

Indeed . But that is but one of the potential pitfalls .  This is such an important point that it became  supplemental  knowledge in our group (associated with 2nd degree - 'balance'  ) and  the groups artists made a wonderful tracing board (visual representation) of the concepts , based on ;

 

6 methods of magic

 

1. The Holy Qabalah.

2. The Sacred Magic.

3. The Acts of Worship.

4. The Ordeals.

5. The Invocations.

The Acts of Service.

 

[ comparable to the Yogic;

1. Gnana-Yoga.

2. Raja-Yoga.

3. Bhakta-Yoga.

4. Hatha-Yoga.

5. Mantra-Yoga.

6. Karma-Yoga. ]

 

Both these based on;

 1. Union by Knowledge.

2. Union by Will.

3. Union by Love.

4. Union by Courage.

5. Union through Speech.

6. Union through Work.

 

Each has its own particular down fall ;

1.insanity,

2. obsession,

3. fanaticism, 

4. paralysis  and  death

5.  addiction to gossip

6. incurable idleness .

 

The negative basic  result is ignorance and the positive basic result is enlightenment .

 

Also this ;

 

" In this book it is spoken of the Sephiroth and the Paths; of Spirits and Conjurations; of Gods, Spheres, Planes, and many other things which may or may not exist.

 

It is immaterial whether these exist or not. By doing certain things certain results will follow; students are most earnestly warned against attributing objective reality or philosophic validity to any of them.

 

3. The advantages to be gained from them are chiefly these:
(a) A widening of the horizon of the mind.
(b) An improvement of the control of the mind.

 

4. The student, if he attains any success in the following practices, will find himself confronted by things (ideas or  beings) too glorious or too dreadful to be described. It is essential that he remain the master of all that he beholds, hears or conceives; otherwise he will be the slave of illusion, and the prey of madness. "

 

- Liber O .

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Starjumper said:

Dao Bums cheerleading squad has arrived.

 

 

Correction, it doesn't actually have volume, but it sounds just like it has volume.  My chi kung brother once spoke to Jesus and he said the answer came back in a big booming voice.  The answer was: "You're not ready yet"

 

The studies I refer to where on psyche patients in trouble with 'voices' .

 

2 hours ago, Starjumper said:

 

 

Right, they don't talk much, and ignore you unless you're 'worth' it, but my experience disagrees with yours.

 

yes, byt they where not my experiences . Mine where radically different from them , and yours . But communication was 'symbolic', ie. I heard  the transmission  download, but it was so fast, not consciously understandable , the 'down load ' waas stored in unconscious for later life long conscious 'percolation' . It was accompanied by a very vivid  image though , agin symbolic, which over the years I have managed to interpret and affirm in various areas

 

2 hours ago, Starjumper said:

 

 Assuming Avatar/immortals are 'higher' of course.  I've had four communications, three were with words.  Babaji Nagaraj, mahaavatar/mahaimmortal, answered a request with words.  The Pale off white dragon who is my guardian, another immortal, and the Grim Reaper for Taoists, answered two questions with words in one brief conversation, Sai Baba, an avatar/immortal, introduced himself, when I was shown his picture

 

WTF Starjumper  .  Dont you know who that guy actually was ?

 

2 hours ago, Starjumper said:

 

 

 

, with two very powerful feelings but no words; and once I was walking through my living room, and out of the blue, some asshole told me how I was going to die.

 

 Yes,  this is 'lower order'  . I hope you read the paper I have posted  a few times on this.  Not only do such voices say things like that, they suggest suicide, they criticise the 'victim' ... and  whole lot of other stuff we can test them with to ascertain their level.

 

 

2 hours ago, Starjumper said:

 

 

 Four times, that is, if you don't count all the times my teacher, an avatar/immortal, spoke to me with telepathy.  What's interesting is his English was poor and he had a serious accent, however during telepathy his English was full and complete.  He only got the old accent when he answered with 'bushit' (bullshit without the 'L' sound) which was the same way he said it in person.

 

 

 

Cool .  at lest your teacher doesnt send you messages in  Bungdalung !  ( which I cant interpret  :D ... just a few words and phrases ) 

 

Oooooh .....  my    jayuhmwen gadja !      ( ache, hurt to, throbbing, in the head )

           
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites