Scholar

Is spiritual qiqong a thing ?

So I was reading "The Way of Energy", so I can improve my zhan zhuang, and one of the paragraphs talks about spiritual qiqong that gives telepathy skills. I did hear about spiritual qiqong sone years ago, but didnt have sucess finding anything about it. Today I tried to research again but with no succes, the only thing I found was an old man practising an strange form but no more info about that.

Is spiritual qiqong a thing ? If so, is it possible to learn on the internet? And what about the telephatic habilities that the book talks about, they exist?

Thanks in advance

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Scholar said:

So I was reading "The Way of Energy", so I can improve my zhan zhuang, and one of the paragraphs talks about spiritual qiqong that gives telepathy skills. I did hear about spiritual qiqong sone years ago, but didnt have sucess finding anything about it. Today I tried to research again but with no succes, the only thing I found was an old man practising an strange form but no more info about that.

Is spiritual qiqong a thing ? If so, is it possible to learn on the internet? And what about the telephatic habilities that the book talks about, they exist?

Thanks in advance

I'm not associated with this school at all:

Shen Gong

So I cannot say anything pro or con to its approach or its value, however the general information at the site will point you in the right direction, which is do searches under Shen Gong read what's there and think about it.  Good luck in your research.

ZYD

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Scholar said:

So first of all Qi Gong is 'Mastery of Qi'... Qi isn't in itself 'spiritual' - but mastering your Qi enables you to use the extra vitality, inner resilience and ease for more spiritual pursuits. Similarly, 'telepathy' and other such abilities aren't in themselves spiritual.

In many cases practising Qi Gong at a very high level will develop 'special abilities'... however that's just as a result of functioning at a very 'efficient' level and tuning into aspects of reality that are unavailable to people functioning at a 'normal' level. Again not really spiritual.

Spiritual training is generally meditative, alchemical or even religious training - and is quite different from qigong. Spiritual practice is very difficult and requires an almost superhuman capacity for successful practice. So Qi Gong is a great pre-requisite to help with that.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Scholar said:

Thanks in advance

The more correct question: is a spiritual you--a thing? Also, it is more of a very enhanced empathy rather than actual telepathy.

Enhanced empathy can be gotten from any good complete system. The thing is, that highly developed empathy brings with it a real can of worms.  The acute empathy comes from increased awareness and sensitivity.  This sensitivity in large part comes from a sensitized nervous system.

A lot of the emotional and mental problems brought on by various practices,  is this sensitization being developed, before an adequate foundation of understanding (which includes mental and physical acclimation, which can only happen over a long period of time) being developed.

The way of Tao very much applies here, with heightened empathy, you must be able to let things pass through without attachment, or it will destroy your balance in so many ways.

.I remember an old saying:  May you be cursed with more awareness!

Edited by moment
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, moment said:

The acute empathy comes from increased awareness and sensitivity.

This. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moment said:

The more correct question: is a spiritual you--a thing? Also, it is more of a very enhanced empathy rather than actual telepathy.

Enhanced empathy can be gotten from any good complete system. The thing is, that highly developed empathy brings with it a real can of worms.  The acute empathy comes from increased awareness and sensitivity.  This sensitivity in large part comes from a sensitized nervous system.

A lot of the emotional and mental problems brought on by various practices,  is this sensitization being developed, before an adequate foundation of understanding (which includes mental and physical acclimation, which can only happen over a long period of time) being developed.

The way of Tao very much applies here, with heightened empathy, you must be able to let things pass through without attachment, or it will destroy your balance in so many ways.

.I remember an old saying:  May you be cursed with more awareness!

From experience... this is right on point.

While I'm deeply grateful for the expansion of localized awareness, and for the ability to empathize and connect, the challenge in many cases is intense. 

On a very personal note, as cultivation and expansion of self arises, also arising is a palpable experience that no thing anywhere is without spiritual essence.  Spiritual is nature.  Nature is spiritual.  Spirit used to be considered something 'out there' separate from my body process and from the stones and bushes and trees.

With few certainties left in mind, one that is imbued indelibly into local awareness for me is that Spirit is no longer divested from the manifest in any way.  Spirit is form, arising coalescing and falling away again... as the Tao moves like a bellows... so too, spirit breathes in all that arises, flows through and falls away.

It's all spiritual for me these days... this too is as welcome as it is challenging at times.

While I would never choose to 'put the toothpaste back in the tube' even were that possible, I would not. 

But gosh, there are times when I breathe deep, raise my eyes to heaven and wonder at the intensity of it.

Best to you on your path @Scholar.  May your feet remain rooted while your heart and mind soar.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, silent thunder said:

From experience... this is right on point.

While I'm deeply grateful for the expansion of localized awareness, and for the ability to empathize and connect, the challenge in many cases is intense. 

On a very personal note, as cultivation and expansion of self arises, also arising is a palpable experience that no thing anywhere is without spiritual essence.  Spiritual is nature.  Nature is spiritual.  Spirit used to be considered something 'out there' separate from my body process and from the stones and bushes and trees.

With few certainties left in mind, one that is imbued indelibly into local awareness for me is that Spirit is no longer divested from the manifest in any way.  Spirit is form, arising coalescing and falling away again... as the Tao moves like a bellows... so too, spirit breathes in all that arises, flows through and falls away.

It's all spiritual for me these days... this too is as welcome as it is challenging at times.

While I would never choose to 'put the toothpaste back in the tube' even were that possible, I would not. 

But gosh, there are times when I breathe deep, raise my eyes to heaven and wonder at the intensity of it.

Best to you on your path @Scholar.  May your feet remain rooted while your heart and mind soar.

May the swinging gate never hit you too hard in the butt, my friend!:rolleyes:

Edited by moment
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, silent thunder said:

Loved the whole post, but this especially.

As a friend said to me once, Daoism is Pantheistic.

• Like 2

My 2 cents (from a beginner)...

I heard it said that Qi is like the semi-material substance of life, it bridges the physical to the spiritual.

It is like a raft, something you can build to take you to whatever shore you want, in the case of OP,  to the spiritual shore. But however useful your raft may be, it also has the ability to sink, and send you back to the earthly sphere.

Case in point. You develop a lot of Qi and use the high that comes from that power to abuse others. Some people might think you would still qualify as “spiritual” because of your opened up channels. “Wow ! His third eye is opened, he has to be Buddha.” But they fail to see that Qi is just a means - something you can cultivate after all - and in this case they just used it to abuse others. 

What matters most and what defines you as a person, is how you use your Qi. How you use your Qi says more about you than the Qi you have cultivated.

In other words, your morality and conscience speak loud in the spiritual world. A lot of Masters I met in Asia were like this unfortunately, they build Qi, open third eyes and then prey on you. Often they are after power/money or recognition/fame but sometimes it’s worst. Ask yourself if you can truly be a quote spiritual person without morality, even if all your channels are open.

You do need Qi to reach the higher spiritual realms, there is no doubt, but that doesn’t mean that Qi is the end. You are the end, who you are as an individual. Otherwise there would be no spiritual growth, just techniques like a 1-2-3 cookbook recipe. Although I’m not denigrating these, they are quite useful to build your Qi. I’m just saying the soul needs to ripen too.

My advice is to align your good conscience and virtue with your Qi cultivation practices. Then I think Qigong can support your spiritual growth and be very empowering. But you don’t need Qi cultivation practices to start being a quote spiritual person - you can be kind and gentle to others and do good deeds for others even before having Qi. Qi might just make things a lot easier for you.  Sometimes it’s the people who have it the worst that surprise you when they do a good deed, truly selfless and from the heart. If you can do that now, without swimming in the bliss of your own Qi already, then you are truly ahead of most of us.

I’m sorry I’m mostly parroting those who taught me. I’m no Master and can’t see this like they do with their opened up third eyes. But I see the point they are making, and I vow to live up to it in my own cultivation. Hope this helps you take your Qi to higher levels ! 

Take care,

• Like 4

Hmm ... I would imagine that most of the "powers" that people get are either mirages, glorified visualisations that are shared, or over time various hightened sensitivities happen to people ... for instance they may receive messages or premonitions or this or that.  There may also be calling on a demi-god or something to perform some function (find a lost key for instance).

That is all quite different from adept useable functions that can be used at will and are real, nor mirages.  Or adept energetic transformations so that the energy of the Source can be transformed into a new form in the universe, like fire, or any structure.  These kinds of powers would be truly owned.

And no they are not spiritual.  I am sure you could spend a good deal of time to cultivate such things only to perish because you didn't cross the river.  There is also the question of adhering to the flow of the seasons and not trying too hard to preserve this form, let it change as it is needed.  And also the question of living outside of a universe, and outside of the need for qi.  Very high states.

• Like 1

On 1/14/2020 at 4:57 PM, Scholar said:

Is spiritual qiqong a thing ?

Yes spiritual chi kung is a thing, it's a secret thing.  It used to be what was known as 'real' nei kung, although these days the definition of nei kung has been bastardized beyond recognition, so it's probably best to stick to calling it spiritual chi kung.  Such things are not found in videos or books, so everything labeled nei kung that you see for sale to the public is a lie!  My system of chi kung is in fact real nei kung and it is one of the vanishingly rare true Taoist spiritual paths.  I only teach it in person to people who have proven themselves over a period of at least a year.  If you want to learn more about the the way of the Way you can find it in my book titled '`The Magus of Seattle`'. 

Here is a video that describes true original nei kung, it describes the results accurately but is a little off on the methods of practice, and just ignore the Bozos it shows performing the energy tricks.  Real masters of nei kung never do public demonstrations.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 2

Thanks in advance

I would say that all properly done qigong is spiritual. If you are bringing clear attention to the body, breath, and mind you are attending to the spirit, cultivating a deeper and purer connection to the source. You can also bring different intent to the practice, eg martial or healing, and one can be careless and distracted, in which case spirituality is abandoned. Telepathy comes from listening deeply and with enough openness and sensitivity. I think there’s also a component of proclivity or blessing when it comes to telepathy.

• Like 4

What is spiritual?  Often what people mean is something that pertains more to higher heavenly energies and less to grounded, earthy ones.  Using the chakra map of human energetics, spiritual qigong would be practices that work with the higher chakras, the third eye area for instance.  

Personally, I´d stay away from this unless you happen to be very advanced.  Practiced prematurely, I think such practices can make one flighty and ungrounded.  I like to go low, way low, the lower the better -- work with the feet, the legs, the lower dan tien.  If you attend to the low, the high will take care of itself.  You stay safe while taking secret advantage of the low (wo)man´s paradox -- the lower you go, the higher your potential.

• Like 5

To the OP: It sounds as if the development of telepathic skills is what really interests you more than the qigong. Instead of practicing qigong and hoping for a possible side effect, why not train directly in telepathy? There are many training programs available for learning this (both in-person and online), as well as related skills such as clairvoyance, trance mediumship, and remote viewing.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, liminal_luke said:

What is spiritual?  Often what people mean is something that pertains more to higher heavenly energies and less to grounded, earthy ones.  Using the chakra map of human energetics, spiritual qigong would be practices that work with the higher chakras, the third eye area for instance.  

Personally, I´d stay away from this unless you happen to be very advanced.  Practiced prematurely, I think such practices can make one flighty and ungrounded.  I like to go low, way low, the lower the better -- work with the feet, the legs, the lower dan tien.  If you attend to the low, the high will take care of itself.  You stay safe while taking secret advantage of the low (wo)man´s paradox -- the lower you go, the higher your potential.

After 40 mins of qigong, when I walk after, everything becomes like a dream. It's amazing stuff, but yes, focus a lot more on grounding exercises.

• Like 2

Telepathy can only be as "clear" as the "listening" individual is open, and can get quite messy. In my family the females often communicated without words and regardless of distance - however, it seemed, the more thought was put into whatever "message" the more likely errors would be woven into the subsequent narrative. 

I honestly wouldn't suggest intentionally cultivating this (and believe for most the degree of "self" becomes a great inhibitor of the possibility), but recognize practices which cultivate space, awareness, and openness may bring some amount of it as a natural byproduct. 

• Like 3