For the inner smile, I`d recommend Michael Winn`s free ebook (you have to sign up for his newsletter, I think) at https://healingtaousa.com/.  

No idea how to open a chakra or shuck an oyster but I had two this morning, oysters that is.  They were delicious.

Oprah Winfrey`s schtick is based on having the appearance of an open heart.  Now, whether or not appearances are to be believed...

As far as the percentages of people with various chakras open, I won`t pretend to have a clue but I`ll toss my hat in with those who believe it`s highly variable, highly individual.

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 5

What about different Chakra systems? 

The different  4/5/6 Chakra systems, the sufi Chakra system  (lataif if I remember the proper name), etc...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cheshire Cat said:

The different  4/5/6 Chakra systems, the sufi Chakra system  (lataif if I remember the proper name), etc...

Including the different opinions of where they are located, and what they are connected to. 

Not confusing at all. 

8 hours ago, Cheshire Cat said:

Or the three dan tiens? 

That makes the situation complicated. There are a number of chakras along the central line. They might, or not,  overlap with the three dantiens. 

That in its turn depend on where you feel they are located. 

And then these energetic centers will have different connections to a bunch of functions. 

And some people have the sensitivity to feel or see this. 

Question: Would you be in agreement on what you sense? 

On 12/6/2017 at 3:11 PM, dawn90 said:

You mean hard and painful to open?

No one has actually answered to my initial question: Which chakras are the most closed in people from your observations. I already said mine: 2, 3, 6, 7 chakras.  

consider the chakras as a 7 year movement

More to the topic... 3rd may be most closed off in general life.

6-8 are a general sway and tease

On 12/6/2017 at 6:03 PM, C T said:

Its quite like trying to open oysters, actually. 

it did hurt... at first, but then a process like the opening of a rose started

• Like 1

Recognizing what is open and closed in ourselves is probably more valuable and more accurate than speculating about what is open in others. What we may think is open or closed in someone probably says more about us, and how we relate to the other person, than what it says about the other person. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, steve said:

Recognizing what is open and closed in ourselves is probably more valuable and more accurate than speculating about what is open in others. What we may think is open or closed in someone probably says more about us, and how we relate to the other person, than what it says about the other person. 

nice Steve, I'll keep that one with me

• Like 3

I’ve gone through a progression over time on this chakra thing ...  How many are there?  What are the mechnics and kinesthetics to open ~ closed?  Relating to inner alchemy and functionality in life, all that shit, that I’m still sorting out, lol

Anyway, re: how many?

At first I couldn’t relate to chakras, especially to “7” ...

I found 3: power, love, wisdom - much more immediately relatable.

Lately it’s down to 2 (kinds of people, depending on where they are more developed... it’s of course an over-simplification but): “tops” and “bottoms”.

I found Tsongkhapa’s Six Yogas of Naropa to be very enlightening about the mechanics of opening a chakra by what to do at the potent points along sushumna  (“enter, abide, dissolve”) and that changed the whole game for me.  Now pretty much all of my practices foster the center in some way, and I’m much more conscious about how to apply ... methods in general.  My take on the mani mantra worked on 5 chakras in a balanced way.

Mark Griffin once said something like, “explore every inch of sushumna” and that made an impression on me.  And has turned out to be practically *very* useful.  Going in a detailed way up sushumna, taking time to stop, enter, abide, dissolve at any points that feel “empty” or “bright” along the way ... working with a kind of pearl meditation in that way.... seems to trigger healthy integration ime.  (And many more points than 7, but of quite varying intensity.)

• Like 2

If your heart chakras is opened, your center channel is opened.  You will experience jana or samadhi...heheheh...  If not, is not opened at all. 

Third eye......if it is opened, you can SEE beyond your plain sight.  You will acquire the mirror wisdom...see all arising conditions.  If not, it ain't opened.

Crown chakras............astral projection.  communicating with the spirit realms and connecting with other celestial entities...if not, it ain't opened. 

Also, you can hear their own vibration frequencies in your inner ears too...Some called them the sounds of silence.  If not, they ain't opened.  

• Like 1

Primary goal at *each* major chakra:

Integrating with the One Medicine.

Then, of course: am I living my life functionally?  lol

Basic internal and external path.

Edited by Trunk

On 12/5/2017 at 1:26 PM, dmattwads said:

I realized that since much of this could be considered subjective there's a lot of opinion involved but in my personal opinion I do not think the heart chakra is very opened in most people. The reason I say this is because in my observation what most people consider love is usually a lower chakra attribute whether it's family familiarity attachment in the root chakra sensual attachment in the sacral chakra or ego attachment in the solar plexus chakra. True kindness and compassion metta if you will that just gives love and kindness without expectation or attachment seems to actually be very rare unfortunately and these were the qualities that are associated with the heart chakra. Not to say that there are not people out there who have these qualities I think two people that come to mind are Ellen Degeneres and Oprah Winfrey when I think of a very open heart chakra but I think percentage-wise it's not the majority.

Oprah and Ellen degeneras? wut. Oprah wears skin creme made from circumsized penises. Its easy to look "open" when your making millions giving bullshit advice to middle aged women and feminized males who think they know everything because they own an iphone 12.

• Like 2

I am curious. Who'd be a heart chakra opened person in your view? And, maybe more difficult: which famous person has a strong 3rd chakra? 

1 hour ago, dawn90 said:

I am curious. Who'd be a heart chakra opened person in your view? And, maybe more difficult: which famous person has a strong 3rd chakra? 

Do you even know what it means if the heart chakra is opened?  And to see it in the real life?  If not, how could anyone seeing it through TV and reading up on tabloid news...LOL   

• Like 1

There are people on this forum who could tell you if someone's heart chakra is open just by looking at a photo of that person.  

• Like 2

On 12/21/2017 at 4:49 PM, bax44 said:

Oprah and Ellen degeneras? wut. Oprah wears skin creme made from circumsized penises. Its easy to look "open" when your making millions giving bullshit advice to middle aged women and feminized males who think they know everything because they own an iphone 12.

Lol

• Like 1

On 12/22/2017 at 1:06 AM, dawn90 said:

There are people on this forum who could tell you if someone's heart chakra is open just by looking at a photo of that person.  

Does this mean that the camera captured something that "regular" eyes can't see in person or is it something different?