Sign in to follow this  
ralis

Sexual accusations

... about throwing things ...

Seems to me that Louis CK has been unjustly thrown under the bus (caught up in the social momentum of the moment, imho).  My current understanding is that:

1. Everyone involved was an adult

2. He always asked for consent

3. No physical restraint of any kind

4. Didn't touch anyone (except himself)

Depending on how you look at it, some of his actions could be seen as inappropriate, or upsetting for some people... but I don't see legitimacy in raising to the level of scandal nor warrants punishment / defamation.  (FX and his publicist dropped him, other business consequences.)

34 minutes ago, Trunk said:

... about throwing things ...

Seems to me that Louis CK has been unjustly thrown under the bus (caught up in the social momentum of the moment, imho).  My current understanding is that:

1. Everyone involved was an adult

2. He always asked for consent

3. No physical restraint of any kind

4. Didn't touch anyone (except himself)

Depending on how you look at it, some of his actions could be seen as inappropriate, or upsetting for some people... but I don't see legitimacy in raising to the level of scandal nor warrants punishment / defamation.  (FX and his publicist dropped him, other business consequences.)

Yeah...except for one little thing, which has little to do with sex, imo, and that is Power.

If your boss (male or female) asks you to do something (sexual or otherwise) that you really don't want to do, the first thing in your head is a version of "ok... do i do it anyway? or do i risk my job by refusing?"

I see nothing criminal in the CK thing... but just for 'whatta jerk' purposes, he's getting his due, imo

Power (real or perceived) be it due rank, job position, or public office carries responsibilities, both moral and ethical.

The old saying "Caeser's wife must be above suspicion" always carried the implication that Caeser better be too! At least to me.

Basic education has fallen for example no ethics or morals taught in public school and not by many families either.

• Like 2

Not exactly the same case, ie she's an adult, not a teen and he acknowledged and apologized for it.  Also they'd been doing a comedy skit for the USO that had a groping scene in it.  That doesn't excuse the act, but he kept with it after it was over.  Poor behavior, but far different then Moore is alleged to have done.

Early in Moore's campaign he reportedly dissed so many other Republicans that many don't feel the need to back him and some feel hostility towards him.  It'd be easy to say don't judge til there's more evidence, instead some are throwing him under the bus. 

3 hours ago, rene said:

.. Power.

If your boss (male or female) asks you ...

I wasn't aware that it was with anyone employed by him.

If so, that's a significant boundary-crossing.

2 minutes ago, Trunk said:

I wasn't aware that it was with anyone employed by him.

If so, that's a significant boundary-crossing.

'Employed' not in the literal sense, but (according to his and others' statements) he was one who could directly impact their livelihood and/or careers.

these guys are screwed,  as long as it would never come out they could go out and say anything they wanted about the opposition. 

As long as it didn't come out.  Now we will see the real "boys/girls"  behind the curtains.   The only advantage the Dems have is there really is no fourth estate...no free press......maybe  have to see. 

Leeann Tweeden and Sen. Al Franken (D-MN).

"

I couldn’t believe it. He groped me, without my consent, while I was asleep.

I felt violated all over again. Embarrassed. Belittled. Humiliated.

How dare anyone grab my breasts like this and think it’s funny?

I told my husband everything that happened and showed him the picture.

I wanted to shout my story to the world with a megaphone to anyone who would listen, but even as angry as I was, I was worried about the potential backlash and damage going public might have on my career as a broadcaster."

http://www.kabc.com/2017/11/16/leeann-tweeden-on-senator-al-franken/

The guy is toast,,,awaiting charges to be brought forward...

what an f---ing sleaze bag.

Edited by windwalker

DOxAjgHWAAAHPzW.jpg

And thats it,,,,he made a mistake and shouldn't have done it vs  unproven 40 yr old allegations nearing the end of a campaign designed to disrupt it.  

throw him out, along with all the other scum bags

lets see if anything else comes out that he doesn't remember in the same way...

Edited by windwalker

“I don’t know if he actually had his hands on her, but it’s the part [about the USO skit] where he thrust his tongue down her throat, allegedly, and forced her to kiss him. That is what you call nonconsensual assault,” Behar said.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2017/11/16/al-franken-allegedly-grabbed-joy-behars-breast-comedy-central-roast-rob-reiner/

Allegedly  wow,,,doesnt get anymore newspeak then this 

don't believe a picture that happened with adults, was reported to her husband.. instead believe something that happened 40yrs ago because ? 

"NBC’s Kasie Hunt Undermines Franken’s Alleged Victim: ‘Not Actually Groping’"

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2017/11/16/nbcs-kasie-hunt-undermines-frankens-alleged-victim-not-actually-groping/

"It depends upon what the meaning of the word 'is' is. ... If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement".  Bill Clinton 

wow,,,newsspeak at least is out in the open....maybe we are a banana republic and now the banana is starting to be

peeled 

Edited by windwalker

5 minutes ago, ralis said:

This thread is in regards to Roy Moore. Will the mods split this thread?

que "ralis" 

you never disappoint

the gift that keeps on giving.. 

16 minutes ago, windwalker said:

que "ralis" 

you never disappoint

the gift that keeps on giving.. 

I think you are attempting to divert attention to the real issue of Roy Moore in which this thread is in regards to. Start your own thread.

6 minutes ago, ralis said:

I think you are attempting to divert attention to the real issue of Roy Moore in which this thread is in regards to. Start your own thread.

And the others who's mentioned the same case for the same reasons will you ask them to make their own threads too.  Wouldn't want them to feel left out now would we.

Edited by windwalker

3 minutes ago, windwalker said:

And the others who's mentioned the same case for the same reasons will you ask them to make their own threads too.  Wouldn't want them to feel left out now would we.

Molyneux? I would have never guessed. 

1 minute ago, ralis said:

Molyneux? I would have never guessed. 

Ya made me smile knowing that you have a thing for him.  For me I don't pay too much attention to the messenger just the message.  

1 hour ago, ralis said:

This thread is in regards to Roy Moore. Will the mods split this thread?

I have changed the name of the thread. We do not need a new one for every person accused. I am more than sure the list will get longer.

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, rene said:

Just to keep things fair and balanced (lolol) here is another one; his most recent heinous assault occured in 2016, at age 92ish. Ewwwww (hurl)

http://abcnews.go.com/US/multiple-women-accuse-president-george-hw-bush-inappropriate/story?id=51204025

:ph34r::lol:

What so  interesting, sad, and almost funny.

Is the thinking that goes behind attacking others for what others are to alleged to  have done outside the group no proof,  but others within the group who have done and are proven to have done would not be brought forth...

I guess somehow thinking that they are protected.  

let the games begin...

Dum asses and these are the guy/gals supposedly leaders of this country...

The GOP is very stupid, self serving  ect. ect.....both sides...

Just waiting for the flush,,,,hopefully soon.....mob rule,,,,   

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, windwalker said:

let the games begin...

Dum asses and these are the guy/gals supposedly leaders of this country...

The GOP is very stupid, self serving  ect. ect.....both sides...

Just waiting for the flush,,,,hopefully soon.....mob rule,,,,   

Agree... but careful what you wish for. If it does come to mob rule, and there is an uprising, my guess is there will be millions of sheep hiding in their pens - and any actual battle will be between the citizens who are armed and have like 3 trillion bullets, and folks who cant figure out which bathroom to use. <--- That was supposed to inject a bit of humor into the thread...but suddenly I don't feel like laughing...especially since my joke didn't include the US military and law enforcement...and who knows how that goes. Suddenly - all the stuff in this thread seems unimportant, and every one involved (perps & vics) needs to get over themselves.  /rant

15 minutes ago, rene said:

especially since my joke didn't include the US military and law enforcement..

Don't know about law enforcement. 

In the military while I was in, it almost never failed.

Those that prosecuted others and held themselves up as examples 

soon found themselves involved in the same types of shit. 

The military tends to look at things a little differently in that once it starts to effect readiness, combat effectiveness, mission accomplishment,  actions are taken....f.

Of course it also depends on the focus of the current civilian leader ship.  wining wars, or social  change  

transgender sex changes ect.   

Winning wars is what its supposed to do...anything else is incidental 

I do agree that the US is in bad shape, and am not optimistic about its recovering. 

Its corrupted itself maybe beyond self correction. 

I don't support, endorse nor promote mob rule.  My comment was that this what many seem to want not understanding "rule of law"   

Edited by windwalker
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this