Sign in to follow this  
ralis

Sexual accusations

14 minutes ago, ralis said:

This country does not need persons of his ilk serving in government in that Moore's beliefs inform his judgements as opposed to following the law.

wow so profound

can you suggest some of the "ilk" that would fall under your approval 

just so I know.....How about the voters who voted for him, would they be persons of his "ilk"  what should we do about them

Obviously they can't think for themselves and are easily fooled.  Probably racist too..

Whats the plan,,,?  

Edited by windwalker

9 hours ago, ralis said:

Yes, that is what some people are saying.  Who are those people?  I don't need to tell you, do I?

In his state the legal sage is 16.  Many 15 year old girls look just as mature as 16 year old girls.  If the 15 year old girl says she is 16, guess what.  A guy who likes younger women will hit on them.

Moore is not the only man who has done this.

But again, bottom line is that there is no proof, no witnesses, nothing.  One person's word against another person's word.  In this case we see a reason for lying by the woman, not Moore.

Regardless of what the media reports, we should view this with a mind that is attached to reality, not gossip.

7 hours ago, ralis said:

Here we have more allegations. Interesting in that there are males here that are not siding with the women, but seek to exonerate Moore. Typical patriarchal behavior. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/two-more-women-describe-unwanted-overtures-by-roy-moore-at-alabama-mall/2017/11/15/2a1da432-ca24-11e7-b0cf-7689a9f2d84e_story.html?utm_term=.96cb2eafbf1b

Well, what do you expect?  I'm a man and I have been accused of things I have never done.  I know how it works.  And remember, women and young girls lie too, not just men.

Until there is proof it is only women's gossip.

Think about it.

Hes run for many offices in AL, no one was able to find anything on him, no one.

As long as it was within AL  none of his opposition was able to find anything that would have allowed them to win

the offices he ran for. 

Suddenly when he runs for a national seat some people from "out" of state are able to 

do what know one in state was able to do.....Are they so incompetent that they couldn't find

the same things.  But someone from out of state could...really 

He denies it, it can't be proven, he has to defend himself from something that cant be proven,

and according to him never happened.   nice   

Lets say he drops out, and its shown to be faked.   What happens then...

oppsie looks like you were right tough brake. 

His GOP opposition only care about themselves and so are not supporting him 

against accusations that happened 40yrs back.  But they know he's liyiing because? 

As noted don't know nothing about the guy,,,only looking at the context and whats going down....

28 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

Moore is not the only man who has done this.

Done what?  

If they where younger than 16 but older than 12 in AL he could have been charged for sexual abuse.

Other then that   what?

On Monday night, Ms. Abney said she recalled Mr. Moore, the embattled Republican Senate candidate, being a regular presence in the mid-1980s at the Y.M.C.A. There, she said, he was often talking to much younger women — women that “appeared to be high school on up,” she said — in an exercise class she was enrolled in. “I’m not saying he was trying to pick them up. It just did not look appropriate.”     Ok it didnt look right what was done that was against the law...

“I truly believe these women,” Ms. Abney added of the women who have come forward to accuse him of misconduct in recent days. “This type of behavior is highly unacceptable and deplorable in our leaders.”

If its highly unacceptable why is it that congress has a fund for it that we pay for that allows it...

"Between 1997 and 2014, the U.S. Treasury has paid $15.2 million in 235 awards and settlements for Capitol Hill workplace violations, according to the congressional Office of Compliance. The statistics do not break down the exact nature of the violations. https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/how-congress-plays-by-different-rules-on-sexual-harassment-and-misconduct/2017/10/26/2b9a8412-b80c-11e7-9e58-e6288544af98_story.html?utm_term=.1f00bbf9a7ed

These are not 40yr old allegations these are real time happen now....Why is it that no one knows the names and what they did

those high upstanding moral leaders....

2 minutes ago, windwalker said:

Done what?  

Hit on younger women.  Lots of men do it.  It's called nature.

Just now, Marblehead said:

Hit on younger women.  Lots of men do it.  It's called nature.

bro you left out the part that those younger woman often times

want to be hit on,,,,,this also called nature....

They have the honey trap and know it,,,,happens all the time...

The good thing about the bums here, men and women,  is that many of us should be 

aware enough to understand whats going on and not really subjected to

it due to the cultivation of higher spiritual natures 

right?

24 minutes ago, windwalker said:

bro you left out the part that those younger woman often times

want to be hit on,,,,,this also called nature....

I thought I had mentioned that above somewhere.

They have the honey trap and know it,,,,happens all the time...

Yep.

The good thing about the bums here, men and women,  is that many of us should be 

aware enough to understand whats going on and not really subjected to

it due to the cultivation of higher spiritual natures 

right?

Yeah, right.

We is spiritual  don't need the physical temptations any more.

Yeah, right.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ralis said:

I think that is not their agenda. Nothing in support of the women with their allegations, but reiterating 40 yrs ad infinitum by windwalker. I have yet to see you or any other women here speak out against Trump's behavior or Moore's.

ralis, good morning

IMO, the political system is corrupt across the board; both sides. What I like about Trump is that he is so obviously not a political hack - cause if he was, he'd know that half the shit that comes out of his mouth would bury him. It's becoming more obvious (and likely, imo) that the ship is going down, regardless of who is at the helm, and having a non-politician holding the rudder wont stop that but it does have a degree of entertainment value...and no, Trump's behavior doesn't bother me in the least, sexual or otherwise.

Regarding Moore's behavior? Honestly, I hope he did do what the women are claiming he did. Because if he didn't ? And it's all a bullshit political set-up? Then this ship will sink faster and deeper than even you could imagine - and I'm sure you can see why and how that could happen.

I hold no opinion or judgement on Moore's actions, whatever they were or weren't, nor do I need to. Not my circus, not my clowns. YMMV.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marblehead said:

I thought I had mentioned that above somewhere.

Yep.

Yeah, right.

We is spiritual  don't need the physical temptations any more.

Yeah, right.

:lol: We is lucky, you and me, that we're unimportant. Can you imagine if our sexual pasts were out there for public consumption and scrutiny?? We'd all be in jail. ^_^

• Like 1

Huge topic, obviously.  Much bigger than Roy Moore ... all that is happening in the recent wave of renewed / increased societal awareness / openness re: sexual impropriety.  The #metoo hashtag, all the comments around that (especially from my own friends on social media), I found to be moving.

The story w/ Roy Moore has been heavily sourced, lots of interviews.  The women who were targets, towns people, workers at the mall.

DJT is in a bind because if he denounces R.Moore’s behavior it serves to highlight his own (which is already happening).

It’s an interesting social process.  Partly it is sorting out real predators from ... more benign sexual adventurism.  Freudian territory, Jungian shadow work.  And at what point/s does it become legitimately politically relevant?  (... or professionally?, in other cases.)

Lots of pain surfacing for processing from individual and collective wounds... which I applaud and think of as overall in a healthier direction.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Trunk said:

Lots of pain surfacing for processing from individual and collective wounds... which I applaud and think of as overall in a healthier direction.

Me too...as long as it doesn't become a baby/bathwater thing.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, rene said:

ralis, good morning

IMO, the political system is corrupt across the board; both sides. What I like about Trump is that he is so obviously not a political hack - cause if he was, he'd know that half the shit that comes out of his mouth would bury him. It's becoming more obvious (and likely, imo) that the ship is going down, regardless of who is at the helm, and having a non-politician holding the rudder wont stop that but it does have a degree of entertainment value...and no, Trump's behavior doesn't bother me in the least, sexual or otherwise.

Regarding Moore's behavior? Honestly, I hope he did do what the women are claiming he did. Because if he didn't ? And it's all a bullshit political set-up? Then this ship will sink faster and deeper than even you could imagine - and I'm sure you can see why and how that could happen.

I hold no opinion or judgement on Moore's actions, whatever they were or weren't, nor do I need to. Not my circus, not my clowns. YMMV.

Stating corruption on both sides borders on a false equivalency. Both sides are corrupt, but not in an equal way.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rene said:

It will. Ain't nothing gonna stop this train now.

It seems to me that humanity is continuously evolving. I'd say we're in our petulant early teens, maybe 13-ish. We're filled with emotion, are embarrassed by our parents, and want to run away to join the circus. It's a phase. It's a long, horrible, painful phase. But hey, wait until the middle teens and the depression and angst set in...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ralis said:

Stating corruption on both sides borders on a false equivalency. Both sides are corrupt, but not in an equal way.

The greater the power the greater the corruption!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ralis said:

I yield to you and others to engage in debate tactics; there was no claim by me that the manifestations of their corruptions were equal, or even similar. At the core of both R & D corruption, however, seems to be a penchant to twist and deceive - each to benefit their respective goals...and I leave you to it. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cold said:

The greater the power the greater the corruption!

Power is not easily surrendered. History is replete with that scenario.

Edited by ralis
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ralis said:

Power is not easily surrendered History is replete with that scenario.

History, and modern day. Clinton. Bush.

5 minutes ago, rene said:

History, and modern day. Clinton. Bush.

I have a rather long view of historical accounts. Beginning with the Axial Age, the Roman Empire and the extension of i.e, papacy power, Third Reich and so forth. The U.S. empire which spans most of the planet in which it's only mission is to protect corporate power.

As far as your comments on Bush/Clinton, Bush is a war criminal as defined by International law/U.S. law, in which the basis for is the Nuremberg Tribunals. The first trial at Nuremberg was not for the Holocaust, but for the unprovoked invasion of a sovereign country. There were several trials proceeding; Holocaust, lawyers/judges, doctors and so forth.

Edited by ralis
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, ralis said:

I have a rather long view of historical accounts. Beginning with the Axial Age, the Roman Empire and the extension of i.e, papacy power, Third Reich and so forth. The U.S. empire which spans most of the planet in which it's only mission is to protect corporate power.

You do have a long view of historical accounts indeed, whereas I have none. Without derailing the thread, may I ask you if the empires you are familiar with used economics as the basis of their power? That might not be worded right. What I'm wondering is if the previous empires also developed and expanded their power through $$$ - the difference being with the U.S. it's the corporations at the helm, rather than a more condensed group/ruler/etc. Thanks!

5 minutes ago, rene said:

You do have a long view of historical accounts indeed, whereas I have none. Without derailing the thread, may I ask you if the empires you are familiar with used economics as the basis of their power? That might not be worded right. What I'm wondering is if the previous empires also developed and expanded their power through $$$ - the difference being with the U.S. it's the corporations at the helm, rather than a more condensed group/ruler/etc. Thanks!

I will do that later since I am running late. Spending far too much time here this morning. :lol:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rene said:

:lol: We is lucky, you and me, that we're unimportant. Can you imagine if our sexual pasts were out there for public consumption and scrutiny?? We'd all be in jail. ^_^

I couldn't give you two "Thank You"s so I decided to repeat what you said.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rene said:

Sometimes, I think, it would have been better to throw the baby out with the bath water.  (I'm speaking of the people who have become so evil as they aged.)

4 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

Sometimes, I think, it would have been better to throw the baby out with the bath water.  (I'm speaking of the people who have become so evil as they aged.)

Agree, but there are a lot of other things in that water, some bad and some really good. Either way, it better be a big drain hole. LOLOL

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this