awaken

玄牝之門The secret door

14 hours ago, Wu Ming Jen said:

The marrow pathway is travelling upwards, however is not the meridian pathway. There is a hole in the vertebra, which is the path of internal alchemy. It is connected with the nerve stem, the nerves of the brain and the meridians. It does not exist singly, as the nerve system is like a tree. It is called the ‘Hidden Stream’, the unseen flow of water, also known by the name of the “Yellow River”.  This Yang Qi ascends up this pathway and goes straight above to Spinal Strait behind the Middle Cinnabar Field, as well as opposite the apex of the internal kidneys. It is extremely hard for Qi to ascend to this point. This is called the Spinal Strait Barrier. Furthermore rising to the back of the brain, it is called the Jade Pillow Barrier.
These are the body’s three barriers.

One unifies with numerals of heaven and earth, therefore the human body is also a miniature version of heaven and earth, a microcosm of the universe. The inside of the navel gate is known by the name of ‘Gate of Existence’. The cutting of the umbilical cord marks the beginning of one’s own life.  In the body there are seven orifices, connecting below with the external kidneys, which are the genitals. The external kidneys therefore are the place where Essence Qi leaves the body. In the middle between the navel and the kidneys is a hole. It is named the ‘Supine Moon Furnace’. It is also referred to as the ‘Sea of Qi’. A little lower, namely 1.2 Chinese inches, is a space. It is called the ‘Flower Pond’. Therefore it is the lower Cinnabar Field where Essence is stored, and the location where medicine is picked, i.e. the place where Qi grows, Original Qi and Original Essence: The ‘Palace of Brightness’ is on the left and the ‘Cavern Chamber’ is on the right. It resembles a Rubik’s cubic, but it is round, not square. It is also the ‘Hole of Emptiness’, a sphere of 1.2 Chinese inches. This location has two orifices: One directly above, connecting with the internal kidneys, one directly below connecting with the Tail Alley or Caudal Funnel.

The center is called: ‘The Mysterious Gate’:

Do you learn to consciously feel how these are used and what they do, or do you take for granted that they do something while you are sitting in oblivion? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, johndoe2012 said:

You direct the process with mind, that is the problem.

Mind directing things is following thoughts, and will never lead to awakening.

Heres the thing, John - quiescence of the mind becomes an important thing in training.  Yes, feeling is still placing the mind on something, but this is only the yang line progressing to the yin line, if the progression and not the individual parts are taken into consideration.  I've described some ways to make the process more streamlined and efficient, and stressed why its important to take those considerations forth to towards their logical conclusions - and I get told foundation and prerequisite is meaningless?  Thoughts will never lead to awakening - can you stop all of your random thoughts from happening for an entire one/two hour session?  If not, do you understand why not?  I'm just giving background that supports my initial assertion, because this is all part of my personal experience.

One hangs out all day, and does no periodic calibrations of breath timing?  These things arent for weekend warriors.  Internal alchemy is not for weekend warriors, nor should WWs open their central channel and such.  You have to train to the awareness level as if you are a professional athlete where your performance gains translate to significant salary boosts, if you really want to make accomplishment.

I'm not saying this work supplants other energetic things, rather the contrary - and in fact, finishing one's breathwork training to the point where dreams dont happen and sleep has perfectly still waters helps set a bigger more solid stage for the performance.  It seems some of you dont understand that this is very much an exercise in awareness, and once the trained breath pattern is fortuitously ingrained where the brain stores it, nothing else physically is left to do except "keep the focus."  Ya know those nice quiet times during a breath hold?  With the breath trained well enough, each moment lasts so long as the focus is kept.  The reeeeaally long minute 30+ breathing range is an exercise in awareness.  Breathwork and dantien become integrated,  Energy centers become more integrated.  All prerequisites that make the quotes relate to real experience instead of being some intellectual puzzle to consider.

Remember I likened neural noise to resistance in the ohm's law equation.  Central channel work, we work towards making this connectivity better - less resistance always means efficiency gains.  Attenuation of noise is part of the range of practices - enhance the signal, attenuate the noise.

So I talk about a way to begin energetic work by training to that level, perform the active energetics of a given session, and then re-set return by short activations of the protocol so as to fine tune the knobs of the bodymind.  Quotes from teacher and his favorite literature are good signposts, but as morpheus said, there's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path.  Anyway - ya dig me on how one supports and leads to another, why attack this matter at the root, yadda yadda?  Most people who read these threads will not have the foundation to do the central channel work, and proper emphasis on fundamentals that directly translate to the desired effect of what is being considered...

The marrow pathway is travelling upwards, however is not the meridian pathway. There is a hole in the vertebra, which is the path of internal alchemy. It is connected with the nerve stem, the nerves of the brain and the meridians. It does not exist singly, as the nerve system is like a tree. It is called the ‘Hidden Stream’, the unseen flow of water, also known by the name of the “Yellow River”.  This Yang Qi ascends up this pathway and goes straight above to Spinal Strait behind the Middle Cinnabar Field, as well as opposite the apex of the internal kidneys. It is extremely hard for Qi to ascend to this point. This is called the Spinal Strait Barrier. Furthermore rising to the back of the brain, it is called the Jade Pillow Barrier.
These are the body’s three barriers.

Its too time consuming having to justify these things when the reader isnt grasping what's being written.  I only responded to awhat'sername with an assertion from personal experience about the level of training breathwork with respect to dreams and then I ultimately wind up having people make ridiculous equivalences for me to address.

(She wouldnt like my MCO exercise either, I'll bet :lol:  Its not like there's a ready made prescription right under people's noses, ancient and authentic, but unrecognized by pretty much everyone, right? /s)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mudfoot said:

Do you learn to consciously feel how these are used and what they do, or do you take for granted that they do something while you are sitting in oblivion? 

Awareness is hugely important in this game - "the void is not the same thing as oblivion."  I dont recall what old translation that was from.

ob·liv·i·ous
əˈblivēəs/
adjective
adjective: oblivious
not aware of or not concerned about what is happening around one.

ob·liv·i·on
əˈblivēən/
noun
noun: oblivion
the state of being unaware or unconscious of what is happening.

nonononono :)

void
void/
adjective
adjective: void
  1. 1.
    not valid or legally binding.
  2. 2.
    completely empty.

yesyesyesyesyesyes :)

• Like 1

The secret door is not in your body or in your belly.

The  secret door is opened by the chi. It is not a place to produce chi.

Many chi masters said that the secret door is in the belly. It is wrong.

The secret door is the place that can produce the light, not chi.

It not belongs to any place of body.

When you can see light, you just open the basic level of the secret door.

The secret door is not only produce light.

It has many situations.

漫守藥爐看火候

If you don't give up focusing on chi. You will never know what is the secret door.

Why the secret door can make 真人immortality, because there is a process. And the process is very deep. deeper than chi.

chi is very very beginning. Chi is for open the secret door. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, joeblast said:

Its too time consuming having to justify these things when the reader isnt grasping what's being written.  I only responded to awhat'sername with an assertion from personal experience about the level of training breathwork with respect to dreams and then I ultimately wind up having people make ridiculous equivalences for me to address.

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAk8AAAAJDhhNjU3YWE2LWY5OGUt

性 is the direction, inside.

命 is the training, outside.

We must train our chi to open the secret. and then training the secret door to open the 虛空

then the 虛空 will produce the tai-sian. Tai-sian is manomayaṃ kāyaṃ.

If you open 虛空, you will know what Lankāvatāra-sūtra talks about manomayaṃ kāyaṃ.

The one who opens 虛空 has the complete the different view of the world.

If you don't know what is manomayaṃ kāyaṃ, please don't say you open the secret door.

The secret door you called is not the real secret door. Your secret door is just a place of breathing. It is not secret at all.

Therefore, training is 命. The right direct is 性.

If you don't have the right direction, you will never have the chance to know what is the secret door. You will think the place to breathing in your belly is the secret door. But that is not true.You will be cheated by the chi masters. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, joeblast said:

Awareness is hugely important in this game - "the void is not the same thing as oblivion."  I dont recall what old translation that was from.

I popped that question because there are other similar threads where practitioners claim that some of these things relating to Nei Dan cannot be felt. 

Which by all means is cool 😎,  although my teacher told me that if I could not feel it there was a very big chance it didn't happen to any useful degree. 

Maybe the rules are different in the supreme daoist art of Nei Dan, the art that many write about but noone seems to care to describe it in plain language which makes it difficult to compare to other traditions. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, awaken said:

性 is the direction, inside.

命 is the training, outside.

We must train our chi to open the secret. and then training the secret door to open the 虛空

then the 虛空 will produce the tai-sian. Tai-sian is manomayaṃ kāyaṃ.

If you open 虛空, you will know what Lankāvatāra-sūtra talks about manomayaṃ kāyaṃ.

The one who opens 虛空 has the complete the different view of the world.

If you don't know what is manomayaṃ kāyaṃ, please don't say you open the secret door.

The secret door you called is not the real secret door. Your secret door is just a place of breathing. It is not secret at all.

Therefore, training is 命. The right direct is 性.

If you don't have the right direction, you will never have the chance to know what is the secret door. You will think the place to breathing in your belly is the secret door. But that is not true.You will be cheated by the chi masters. 

Know the strength of man, 
But keep a woman's care! < the secret door phase >
Be the stream of the universe! 
Being the stream of the universe, 
Ever true and unswerving, 
Become as a little child once more. 
Know the white, 
But keep the black! 
Be an example to the world! 
Being an example to the world, 
Ever true and unwavering, 
Return to the infinite. 
Know honor, 
Yet keep humility. 
Be the valley of the universe! 
Being the valley of the universe, 
Ever true and resourceful, 
Return to the state of the uncarved block. 
When the block is carved, it becomes useful. 
When the sage uses it, he becomes the ruler. 
Thus, "A great tailor cuts little." 

TTC - Chapter 28

• Like 1

On 11/2/2017 at 9:46 PM, awaken said:

I write this post to tell you not to waste too much time in breathe or MCO. We should get into the secret door as soon as possible. But I know it is not easy because many masters earn money by teaching chi. They will tell you to stop at the stage of chi. They don’t know what is the secret door. They come from the chi gong hot. We can not blam these chi masters. This is the only thing they can do. 

But we don’t need to be limited by them. We can go the right road. We don’t need to waste too much time in the body, chi. Chi is the door, not a root. 

I agree that most adepts know that the MCO is garbage so lets get past that now.  In this thread it never really explains here what is dandao or the secret door.  Could you explain exactly what the secret door is for me?

2 hours ago, Mudfoot said:

Well oblivion and distraction are the two main culprits of meditation. So these should be avoided. 

This is a very personal and feeling art.

The scripture sighted is in the classic style of Dragon Gate Long Men Pie and the names and stories are deeply intertwined with the long history of Taoist knowledge. So the scripture is deep.

6 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

Could you explain exactly what the secret door is for me?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, awaken said:

The secret door is not in your body or in your belly.

The  secret door is opened by the chi. It is not a place to produce chi.

Many chi masters said that the secret door is in the belly. It is wrong.

The secret door is the place that can produce the light, not chi.

It not belongs to any place of body.

When you can see light, you just open the basic level of the secret door.

The secret door is not only produce light.

It has many situations.

漫守藥爐看火候

If you don't give up focusing on chi. You will never know what is the secret door.

Why the secret door can make 真人immortality, because there is a process. And the process is very deep. deeper than chi.

chi is very very beginning. Chi is for open the secret door. 

The true energy does not have a physical location, beyond the temporary body, reaching the eternal. merely associated with location. Too much attention to breath or chi stagnates energy and no results can be found.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

Could you explain exactly what the secret door is for me?

Don't hold your breath, waiting for a clear and useful explanation.... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Starjumper said:

I agree that most adepts know that the MCO is garbage so lets get past that now.  In this thread it never really explains here what is dandao or the secret door.  Could you explain exactly what the secret door is for me?

The secret door is opening to the broader polarity of the energy flows. For a man, it is realizing his female energy side, and for a woman, it is realizing the male. But, since all of the old teaching were from a male view, that is why all of the mysterious female references around the secret door.

This “door” has the potential of opening once the middle dantien is “full” and one has started to work with the upper. In Hindu terms, it would be possible with the opening of the 5th (throat) chakra. As in both cases, this is when one starts to subconsciously connect to the broader world around them (not just internal energy). The door is hard to find (or secret), because the realizing the other pole is very hard to do on your own.

Edited by Jeff
  • Like 6

On 11/2/2017 at 7:46 PM, awaken said:

I write this post to tell you not to waste too much time in breathe or MCO. We should get into the secret door as soon as possible. But I know it is not easy because many masters earn money by teaching chi. They will tell you to stop at the stage of chi. They don’t know what is the secret door. They come from the chi gong hot. We can not blam these chi masters. This is the only thing they can do. 

But we don’t need to be limited by them. We can go the right road. We don’t need to waste too much time in the body, chi. Chi is the door, not a root. 

So true

Also many fine points in posture have been lost - the head area does not open in most Qi Gong practices

39 minutes ago, Mudfoot said:

Don't hold your breath, waiting for a clear and useful explanation.... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeff said:

The secret door is opening to the broader polarity of the energy flows. For a man, it is realizing his female energy side, and for a woman, it is realizing the male. But, since all of the old teaching were from a male view, that is why all of the mysterious female references around the secret door.

This “door” has the potential of opening once the middle dantien is “full” and one has started to work with the upper. In Hindu terms, it would be possible with the opening of the 5th (throat) chakra. As in both cases, this is when one starts to subconsciously connect to the broader world around them (not just internal energy). The door is hard to find (or secret), because the realizing the other pole is very hard to do on your own.

Quite good but the last sentence:

"The door is hard to find (or secret), because the realizing the other pole is very hard to do on your own."

If you mean by this that it is very hard to find without a teacher to help you - perhaps.

If you mean by this that it is very hard to find without a transmission from a teacher - I disagree completely.

If you mean by this that it is very hard to find without a group or teacher or general interaction - perhaps as well.

Good basic practice will lead to this - however many teachers do not really know good basic practice or they have not developed enough to actually understand what they are teaching. Good basic practice in all things - in living.

Many "great" masters know little of the higher realms in Qi Gong - but they can do the "simple" crowd pleasing stuff that many here are fanatic fans of. What is sad is that when Qi Gong students are asked what are the most awesome experiences they have had in Qi Gong they generally talk about their master and only sometimes about something they actually are feeling and Very Very Very few express any experiences of a higher nature. Generally the best we hear is feeling the energy moving.

Often we see in Awaken's wonderful posts "very interested Vultures" - the questions are not "how is it that I might see these things which are so hard to see" - she is asked for a precise explaination of precisely and exactly what a transformation is that can only be experienced and not explained. It can only be pointed to as in the case of the references above. And the vultures get angry and say things like "don't hold your breath" and it is why the secret is beyond the most infintesmal description.

Much of the best in any practice is practicing the basics without constricting your self to "ideal thinking and mind set" - do the work - do the work - return to the work when you have been drawn away and "do the work".  If you do this - good teachers will come in many forms and they Will appear - most of these teachers are You in the intuition that will come to you and in the energetic changes that enable new vistas to arrive.

Teachers are most helpful in the early stages - if you are able to get past yourself - then in the distance of practice they may once again become very helpful but often it gets down to cushion time and practice more than any teacher outside of all and everything. Teachers and groups are incredibly helpful in getting past ones many false selves - the selves that live as vultures.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Mudfoot said:

I popped that question because there are other similar threads where practitioners claim that some of these things relating to Nei Dan cannot be felt. 

Which by all means is cool 😎,  although my teacher told me that if I could not feel it there was a very big chance it didn't happen to any useful degree. 

Maybe the rules are different in the supreme daoist art of Nei Dan, the art that many write about but noone seems to care to describe it in plain language which makes it difficult to compare to other traditions. 

your teacher is correct

if one cannot explain physics to a barmaid...lol ;)  I usually find that its pretty easy to tell when one has put in the time to actually achieve what one is trying to explain - its so easy to use personal anecdote....when said anecdotes exist.  If one understands what one has accomplished, then excerpts from texts of one's teacher become periodic punctuation and arent the entirety of the explanation, for starters...

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Spotless said:

Quite good but the last sentence:

"The door is hard to find (or secret), because the realizing the other pole is very hard to do on your own."

If you mean by this that it is very hard to find without a teacher to help you - perhaps.

If you mean by this that it is very hard to find without a transmission from a teacher - I disagree completely.

If you mean by this that it is very hard to find without a group or teacher or general interaction - perhaps as well.

Good basic practice will lead to this - however many teachers do not really know good basic practice or they have not developed enough to actually understand what they are teaching. Good basic practice in all things - in living.

Many "great" masters know little of the higher realms in Qi Gong - but they can do the "simple" crowd pleasing stuff that many here are fanatic fans of. What is sad is that when Qi Gong students are asked what are the most awesome experiences they have had in Qi Gong they generally talk about their master and only sometimes about something they actually are feeling and Very Very Very few express any experiences of a higher nature. Generally the best we hear is feeling the energy moving.

Often we see in Awaken's wonderful posts "very interested Vultures" - the questions are not "how is it that I might see these things which are so hard to see" - she is asked for a precise explaination of precisely and exactly what a transformation is that can only be experienced and not explained. It can only be pointed to as in the case of the references above. And the vultures get angry and say things like "don't hold your breath" and it is why the secret is beyond the most infintesmal description.

Much of the best in any practice is practicing the basics without constricting your self to "ideal thinking and mind set" - do the work - do the work - return to the work when you have been drawn away and "do the work".  If you do this - good teachers will come in many forms and they Will appear - most of these teachers are You in the intuition that will come to you and in the energetic changes that enable new vistas to arrive.

Teachers are most helpful in the early stages - if you are able to get past yourself - then in the distance of practice they may once again become very helpful but often it gets down to cushion time and practice more than any teacher outside of all and everything. Teachers and groups are incredibly helpful in getting past ones many false selves - the selves that live as vultures.

I think we may be talking about different things regarding the secret door, as I would have to agree with Awaken, and disagree that a simple good basic practice (like breathing, mco and mantra) will lead to opening the secret door. While one does not need a master, it is nearly impossible to realize the polarity without help (or a partner).

in Taoism, this polarity is the basis of the “two” that emerge from the “one”. And, such basis is necessary for a normal person (who is a 10,000 thing) to expand and realize the “three”. This “three” is also know as “stream of the universe” in Taoist teachings.

As Awaken has said, I think many mistake the feel (and flow) of energy as the secret door being open. While energy flows are a critical first step (known as strength of man), it is not possible to realize the (golden) child without this broader polarity shift.

This same point is found in tantric Buddhism through deity/guru/dakini practices. In mystical Christianity, it is in practices described as the “bridal chamber”.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Spotless said:

And the vultures get angry and say things like "don't hold your breath" 

Be nice :)

You have written a number of posts where you do not hide behind an abstract term that might mean anything. 

But if you by this state that it is impossible to describe anything that has to do with entering the Mystery gate,  or impossible to feel and try to explain any transformations, well that in itself would have been a good explanation. 

Although it leads to the next question, how do you know that it has happened if you have no describable sensation of it? Nor a describable manifestation? 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Starjumper said:

Correct Neidan has nothing to do with MCO. 

This last technique is the method of
unifying the Yang body with the physical body;
The method of union and fusion with the Dao-body.

The Heavenly Mechanism of Gathering and 
Absorption of the Golden Light.
The Form and Spirit’s all-encompassing Marvels:

This is the method of the physical body and the Yang Body absorbing power.

The function of the secret door is describing experiences a bliss full  tranquil and eternal peace.We all have these times sometimes fleeting moments of this. To regain this take all the mind garbage, methods and techniques wipe them from the mind enter the secret door where this shit can not reach you, life and death has been solved what worries or thing to do is left. Nothing to search for, who is searching in the first place

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jeff said:

The door is always open. It seems slammed shut because of one's need for practices, treasure hunts, method validations.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, rene said:

The door is always open. It seems slammed shut because of one's need for practices, treasure hunts, method validations.

Always open, but often difficult to notice. Some clues for all in the Tao Te Ching...

TEN

Carrying body and soul and embracing the one, Can you avoid separation?

Attending fully and becoming supple, Can you be as a newborn babe?

Washing and cleansing the primal vision, Can you be without stain?

Loving the people and ruling the country, Can you be without cleverness?

Opening and closing the gates of heaven, Can you play the role of woman?

Understanding and being open to all things, Are you able to do nothing?

Giving birth and nourishing, Bearing yet not possessing, Working yet not taking credit,

Leading yet not dominating, This is the Primal Virtue.

As it says... opening the gate to heaven (for a man), can you play the role of woman...? Truly realize that polarity within...

21 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Always open, but often difficult to notice. Some clues for all in the Tao Te Ching...

Clues? Many ideas reflect this, some more than others perhaps, but there is nothing that can 'point' to what is unboundaried and has nothing to do with chi, polarity, orbits or energy.

4 hours ago, Jeff said:

I would have to agree with Awaken, and disagree that a simple good basic practice (like breathing, mco and mantra) will lead to opening the secret door. While one does not need a master, it is nearly impossible to realize the polarity without help (or a partner).

Nonsense. One can practice meditation every day in the correct way and refrain from too much sex, and their kundalini will rise, their lower dantien will fill, their middle dantien will fill. When their chest is warm, they can be sure the middle dantien is ready to break through the bridge, 5 chakra, and awaken the 6th. This is Yog. (Union).

The more natural way... a person can be completely honest to others, because they realize that honestly outward is honesty inward, work hard/support themselves, and be kind. These people will naturally awaken, because the universe will bring their mind to silence, which is the same goal as meditation.

There is no teacher required for both these methods. What is beyond the six chakra awakening is more of a mystery. But the fusion experience is well verified and can be reached without help. 

• Like 2