Jakara

Is KunLun Bogus?

Other people think that Taiji is a martial art and unfortunately they don't dare to test it although it's a very simple test - any punk from the streets would be more then happy to show any grand master from any famous lineage that Taiji / Bagua / Xingyi has nothing to do with fight control or at least nothing compared to the ancient art of "ass whooping" that you can get on the streets of most of the cities for free.

ahahahahahahaaaaaa :lol: at least this part of the post was funny! No offense bro, but that whole post was out your rear.

:huh: Heidi's absolutely right. Personally kunlun was just what I've been looking for, for years! It's sad to see so many people who know nothing about it beyond the website and stuff bashing it. It's a for real, cool, energy cultivation practice. Those who don't have personal experience shouldn't talk it down...you may be ruining someone's chance to find a good practice!

Unfortunately I am more then familiar with Kunlun and I met Max and he is pretty cool and that's about it. As for Kunlun practice it's almost as usefull as playing golf, however I would rather recommend golf because it's easier available and slightly cheaper and if you take it seriously I guarantee you will feel the amazing cooling magnetic energy flowing downward like the Niagara falls.

I have never met Mantak Chia in person, but I have met one of his older students that used to run seminars for him in US and the experience was so terrible that I have stopped practicing qigong for almost 2 years. Also one of my good friends was very sick and she went to his center to get cured and he send her to a local hospital (which was surprisingly smart of him) and after she got the proper treatment and got better he took her to his center and showed her the six healing sounds and the inner smile and all his microcosmic orbit etc...( I should also mention that my friend is a very attractive female...)

and to answer your comment Jedi777, I was reffering to "TAI CHI" as a martial art. I won't say that I know it but I'll say this again: " an average plumber would take down any tai chi grand master especially when you are messing with the plumber's "Premium Crispy Chicken Classic Sandwich" that he just purchased from McDonalds for his lunch break and was about to send it downwards along his Jen meridian all the way to his own personal Dan Tien level".

Also if you know any Tai Chi master that is ready to test himself please let me know because I will happily provide you the perfect plumber. Actually I can show you how it usually ends just follow the link below

that's a Kiai master, maybe you saw this already, but his impression of himself is very close to what Tai Chi or Aikido masters seem to have.

John Chang is the only real master I have ever heard of (never met him though :( ). I don't know about Wang Liping and David and all those guys, but would really, really love to meet them.

Again if you know a way to prove me wrong and I am reffering to taichi/gigong please don't hesitate to contact me - I would be very open and very willing to try it and if you are right I will beg for forgiveness for the rest of my life. As for Kunlun I've already tried it and I wish you good luck and no thanks!

As for Kunlun I've already tried it and I wish you good luck and no thanks!

Well to each his own. Good to have a differing opinion on it for once I guess. :lol:

well orb im sorry you never have seen a true tai chi master so you have no base to make these posts--good luck with that attitude

Movement naturally evolves. Crazy Monkeys. I love mmagongchikwon too.

Edited by Spectrum

Orb,

You've got a lot of balls to make comments about taijiquan and grandmasters without knowing it.

First of all with your attitude you probably wouldn't make it through two months of traditional taijiquan training which is quite different than what is taught in public. Also why bother putting up a plumber against a taiji grandmaster? Why not step up yourself and challenge one? I'll tell you why because you're a sniveling little coward / internet hero who knows little to nothing about traditional taijiquan training or how to use it in a fight.

So take one of your crispy premium chicken sandwiches and shove it up your ass next time you're sitting in front of your computer with your dick in your hand failing miserably at proving how much you know.

easy there yatzhong :) its not THAT big of a deal :D

but yeah...orb, if you think tai chi or bagua cant be applied extremely effectively in a real world situation, you're sadly mistaken. that link you provided was ostensibly this guy trying to do a no touch knockout of sorts on another guy that he basically couldnt touch, energetically speaking. they are both martial artists.

golf is pretty damn useful :D glad I dont have to choose between it and kunlun!

is kunlun crap? well, my back that I used to have to stretch 5x a day and constantly exercise just to maintain a sense of normalcy...now I stretch once or twice a day and not nearly as long, my back feels great. I have gotten stuffed up every single change of season my entire life (whenever there is a 10, 15, 20 degree change in weather)....until I started kunlun. (I did get sick once in march but that was after a long bout of travel, temp changes...went to oregon for XSZ training, came back, then immediately went to niagara falls...big temp differences between here & there...and sick, I was stuffed up for 2 days and then it was gone.) headaches I can pretty much move the energy elsewhere in my body. it heals me extremely well.

good enough for me....so far, so good :)

came back, then immediately went to niagara falls...big temp differences between here & there..

Joeblast is a Canuck? Or lives in Ohio?

Hi again guys :D , your comments are awesome, thanks a lot, now I feel that I get to know you all better, strong personalities, very strong opinions, no joke. I love this forum.

Joeblast I'm very happy that you can get rid of headaches and back pain - that's awesome - . It's just that I don't usually get any headackes and back pain and I guess I was looking for smth else in Kunlun anyway, and one day I realised that it wasn't anything special about it, it's an incomplete system based on incomplete knowledge. One good thing that I learned during Kunlun practice is discipline but again that can be leaned doing smth more usefull like fixing your car or cleaning your house etc.

Joeblast is a Canuck? Or lives in Ohio?

Look under my name, bro! :)

I guess I was looking for smth else in Kunlun anyway, and one day I realised that it wasn't anything special about it, it's an incomplete system based on incomplete knowledge. One good thing that I learned during Kunlun practice is discipline but again that can be leaned doing smth more usefull like fixing your car or cleaning your house etc.

What were you looking for?

How did you make the completeness determination - what's your goal?

There's a million things that will teach you discipline, but they dont all head in the same direction! :)

What were you looking for?

How did you make the completeness determination - what's your goal?

There's a million things that will teach you discipline, but they dont all head in the same direction! :)

My goal changed over time, right now I want to find a system that works step by step like Mo Pai. In Mo Pai apparently they know quite clearly what's going to happen from step to step. For example the teacher can tell you that at the end of level 2 you will be able to move a box of matches from 5 feet away and at the same time he should be able to show you immediately what he means 'because he should be able to do it at any time, because he is the master. Also he "must" test you all the time and even "graduate you" from one level to another. Without that it's a complete chaos and confusion, I don't like statements like "levitation happens to some students sometimes.....bla bla bla" I think its very possible to study Chi in a very controlled measurable environment like studying math:

prealgebra, algebra, algebra II, precalculus etc.....

For example I had a teacher once for like a year and the guy would tell us to do our meditation for many hours a day, everyday etc. Then at the end of the week he would "test our chi level" - for which he would do some abracadabra like: He would move his hand up and down along your body his fingers trembling fast for like 30 sec with his eyes closed and then he would "determine your level of chi for the week :)" Anyway, every month my level would "increase dramatically" and somehow (maybe 'cause I was always talking crap about his system) but somehow I always had among the highest chi level in the class. Well after a year of practicing like a fanatic the following were the effects from my practice:

Tingling in different parts in my body, sometimes dizziness, a lot of overheating of the body etc... But after talking to him over and over I realised that my teacher had exactly the same symptoms whenever he would practice and he had over 25 years of practice, and that was all he could do. Well I tried teaching other people to see if they would get the same effects and after figuring out how to explain it to them - they would get the same symptoms in one session. So I abandoned his school at once after "self-graduating and self-proclaming myself" a MASTER OF TINGLING.

Here's what I learned though and I'm not going to call it "chi" but I'll use only the word "attention". If I put my attention anywhere in my body I become aware of that area and I can relax it or contract it or just keep the attention their for as long as possible blood rushes into that area and our blood is an amazing thing. It brings oxygen, carries away CO2 , feeds our cells with proteins and sugars etc so its extremely efficient and powerful and by putting your attention and relaxing an area and bringing more blood in that spot you can accelerate some processes in your body and therefore - yes you can get rid of a headache or accelerate your recovering process from some inbalance that you have caused because of a wrong habit, a very negative emotion or whatever else might have you.

All that and a lot more can be done without any dantien involvement whatsoever or thunderbreath etc.

And then there's that "crazy idea" of that very cell that develops right after conception. Supposedly that cell is very different from any other cell in the body. What I never thought of is that the very initial cell is still preserved in our bodies at the end of the umbilical cord and somehow its related to Dantien or we activate it with our attention... I don't know....And then it is possible to create this physical thing in your body and can be seen during an X-Ray examination. Actually that should be the test for all these internal arts teachers especially the ones teaching you about dantien - put them in an X-Ray machine. And instead of their fancy chigong diplomas with dragons and fireballs on them they should have their dantien X-ray picture on their wall. And if you have a disk inside you are admitted, if not - "sorry buddy not yet" back to training.

But that's what I'm after and so far - zero success, but maybe one day.....

Actually I just talked to a "teacher" this last week, a chinese dude, and now I have to drive for like 10 hours and sleep overnight in my truck just to talk to him for like an hour and see what he knows ... but I guess, you never know.... he sounds pretty cool

Unfortunately I am more then familiar with Kunlun and I met Max and he is pretty cool and that's about it. As for Kunlun practice it's almost as usefull as playing golf, however I would rather recommend golf because it's easier available and slightly cheaper and if you take it seriously I guarantee you will feel the amazing cooling magnetic energy flowing downward like the Niagara falls.

I have never met Mantak Chia in person, but I have met one of his older students that used to run seminars for him in US and the experience was so terrible that I have stopped practicing qigong for almost 2 years. Also one of my good friends was very sick and she went to his center to get cured and he send her to a local hospital (which was surprisingly smart of him) and after she got the proper treatment and got better he took her to his center and showed her the six healing sounds and the inner smile and all his microcosmic orbit etc...( I should also mention that my friend is a very attractive female...)

and to answer your comment Jedi777, I was reffering to "TAI CHI" as a martial art. I won't say that I know it but I'll say this again: " an average plumber would take down any tai chi grand master especially when you are messing with the plumber's "Premium Crispy Chicken Classic Sandwich" that he just purchased from McDonalds for his lunch break and was about to send it downwards along his Jen meridian all the way to his own personal Dan Tien level".

Also if you know any Tai Chi master that is ready to test himself please let me know because I will happily provide you the perfect plumber. Actually I can show you how it usually ends just follow the link below

that's a Kiai master, maybe you saw this already, but his impression of himself is very close to what Tai Chi or Aikido masters seem to have.

John Chang is the only real master I have ever heard of (never met him though :( ). I don't know about Wang Liping and David and all those guys, but would really, really love to meet them.

Again if you know a way to prove me wrong and I am reffering to taichi/gigong please don't hesitate to contact me - I would be very open and very willing to try it and if you are right I will beg for forgiveness for the rest of my life. As for Kunlun I've already tried it and I wish you good luck and no thanks!

You probably are talking about the commercial Taiji Quan practitioners out there. Pop- Taiji Quan; study a year, and become masters.

As for actual Taiji Quan Martial practitioners, not commercial at all. Very down to earth, and highly skilled.

Speaking of which, look up Sifu Rudy Curry Jr.

Peace,

Lin

LOL!

:lol:

yup. and look at how he responds to getting hit. touching his face over and over again to see if he's bleeding. he's obviously not a fighter. i was JUST talking about this in another thread. guy probably hasn't done any real fighting in decades, if ever.

masters with glass jaws. in a real fight raw conditioning trumps all of that masterful skill he might have had. it all went out the window with one hit. he looked like an old man getting mugged or something.

LOL!

:lol:

yup. and look at how he responds to getting hit. touching his face over and over again to see if he's bleeding. he's obviously not a fighter. i was JUST talking about this in another thread. guy probably hasn't done any real fighting in decades, if ever.

masters with glass jaws. in a real fight raw conditioning trumps all of that masterful skill he might have had. it all went out the window with one hit. he looked like an old man getting mugged or something.

A real Internal MA guy knows how to fight cause he does actual combat training. This Kia guy was bullshit. I am sure he had some chi but didn't know what to do with it. You still have to learn to fight! : )

RAW conditioning with right Internal focus and cultivation makes a fierce warrior.

Dr. Morris for example knew how to Scrap & Use Chi. He was a scary guy to spar with. I know cause i did it.

You guys should look into Pendekar Paul de Thouars & His Brother Uncle William dethouars.

Also My Silat teacher Guru Cliff Stewart (the epidemy of ASSKICKING with Chi 48 years of executive protection for arab officials and sheiks and has probably dealt with more multiple attacker scenarios than most people ever will. He has dealt with real knife, & Gun attacks. He is the 1st to tell you develope your Chi but also learn to fight!. )

Peace

Santiago

Guest winpro07

Tao is not seeking max numbers. There are no misgivings with the heart. There are very important reasons for making this widely available at this time..

The benefits that people name from practising kunlun, can be gained from other practises.

I think the fact is, there is something up with the way kunlun/max is marketed, and it creates this antagonism in a fair proportion of people, it seems.

If I was max's marketer, I'd be listening to that, if I wanted to reach the maximum number of people.

Edited by winpro07

Tao is not seeking max numbers. There are no misgivings with the heart. There are very important reasons for making this widely available at this time..

--------------------

different cultural aspects expose themselves

the scandinavians, the europeans and the americans

not to mention the chinese.. different advertising techniques

the means and methods are based on

inherited ethics and moralcodes that most are even almost unconsciously waving. just different angles.

the foundational intentions only seem flawed while learning others languages.

we listen and realign on the way.

Although the paper itself claims that "We are not funded by Falun Gong, we don't speak for Falun Gong, and we don't represent Falun Gong."

So, which is it? Something's a little fishy here...

Personally, I did try out Falun Gong for a while. But one thing that always puzzled me was where they got the money to fund their massive operation - because so much of their materials and such were often given out for free. Yet, they never asked for donations or dues or anything...

I found this interesting, even though I'm taking it out of context I just want to point out the humor found within it.

I thought it was funny how some complain at the price of kunlun workshops than some complain about things that are free. :lol::lol::lol:

Oh Joy

I found this interesting, even though I'm taking it out of context I just want to point out the humor found within it.

I thought it was funny how some complain at the price of kunlun workshops than some complain about things that are free. :lol::lol::lol:

Oh Joy

Well, I think suspicion gets aroused whenever something seems to cost "too much" or "too little."

Like if they're giving away laptops for free...or charging $20K apiece.

Hey, I wish everything were free! But, I try to evaluate any costs in context and don't demand it. :)