Jakara

Is KunLun Bogus?

Thunderbolt of the gods rocks, thanks!! A recent Discover magazine makes a convincing argument that the story of the great floods from mythologies around the world was due to a comet collision, btw.

Sunday evening I'll be analyzing the potential for energy vampirism in kunlun seminars and it's relationship to the dishonesty of Max and the clarity and experience of the customers, so I appreciate your display of maturity here, Winpro, thanks for helping me out. It's nice to know you've been cruising ET looking for ammunition, I hope you learn something useful during your visits there.

Mr. "Master" 'Scientific Star Jumper' on the subject of compter I-ching......

I just used the online I Ching and got #39 with no changes. It seems to be talking about recent events, and it also matches the random selection I got for the chapter of the TTC, chapter 19

It seems that when I use the I Ching I often get the trigrams kan and li

In absence of a specific question the I ching is more likely to make comments about your recent involvements and with that in mind I'll make a stab at interpreting it for you.

You could consider what it said in light of that idea and see if it fits.

If you experience a lot of synchronicity then be prepare to be dazzled. Sometimes I get one that seems inconclusive, but most of the times I get something meaningful and plenty of times I go Wow! How could it know so much about me

Part of the problem might be due to the internet/computer system which must use a random number generator. In the yarrow stick explanation I posted it says that the I ching was developed around the yarrow stick method and that it gives different results than the coin method, for example the chance of getting a changing yin line is 25% with yarrow sticks, while with coins it's always 50%

I see you went through the I-Ching thread at ET and took comments I made in many different posts out of context + editing. What is your point, Winpro? The fact that I am a serious student of physics does not negate the fact that I experience synchronicity and things like premonitions. I can also do things with energy that seem to defy laws of physics as currently understood. So what? Are you saying that someone who knows physics shouldn't experience these things?

Most 'real' Taoists love the I-Ching. Are you a Taoist Winpro?

By the way, for the rest of you here is the online I-Ching that is referred to above. It is nicely done and uses the Wilhelm version for explanations. It is in both English and French. I think it's fun,check it out.

The Oracle

I-Ching, the Book of Changes

Edited by Starjumper7

Well & good -but Mals' entry on yr site is very possitive and he has done the work... It could be that Kunlun will not be as benificial for each individual, no system is. .. But if it works for beginners and helps anyone at all, and does no harm, then It may very well be a system that is viable and tryable...

Of course, right from the start I've been saying that shaking is a good practice. My problem is with the high levels of dishonesty and the other claims that are made.

Science can not explain what I have seen Grand Masters of ShaoLin do... Nor many things that have happened to me personally, emperically to use others' phrasiology...

I know a Shaolin Grandmaster and he can do some really unbelievable things.

So I keep open to the prospect of an easy way to get blissed-out, it isn't as good as SCUBA nor sex for me- but I am not a spiritualistic maven of any sort.

Yep, shaking is a good way to get blissed out that's been known and practiced all over the world for at least hundreds if not thousands of years, but when your channels get opened up and you get used to the extra energy you, well, get used to it =) It's not so dazzling then but it is still good for self healing.

I want to be on all levels of existence not just the blissed-out ones...I do not seek nervanha, though having Peace of mind is a great state of being for any moment by moment existance... enjoy, live a little before you train to die, then live a little more training to die, if ya want a jump-start on the here-after... live dangerously!

Good perspective.

Edited by Starjumper7

Of course, right from the start I've been saying that shaking is a good practice. My problem is with the high levels of dishonesty and the other claims that are made.

I know a Shaolin Grandmaster and he can do some really unbelievable things.

Yep, shaking is a good way to get blissed out that's been known and practiced all over the world for at least hundreds if not thousands of years, but when your channels get opened up and you get used to the extra energy you, well, get used to it =) It's not so dazzling then but it is still good for self healing.

Good perspective.

Your range of scope is quite limited in terms of Kunlun.

I understand your perspective, but you are missing the bigger picture of what this practice can do for you. It is not a "shaking" practice. It is a "letting go" practice.

Letting go into your own depths is a very simple yet difficult thing.

You will face your demons and you must be brave to move through them.

Take the posture and let the mind go for one hour. You might be surprised at what happens to you.

I've been dealing with demons for a few decades within me and coming from beyond me as well... If there is a posture that will aid me in these interactions -I am interested...

I will get the book soon and see what sort of new path opens up, it sounds a bit B) like rocknroll... with a whole lotta shakin goin on...

SJ - you seem pretty sincere in yr willingness to teach, but also condescending in yr attitude -as if you need to position yrself above others... such hubris is antithetical to Taoist thinking as I interpret it, but it works well in our modern world -

The making friends and influencing people thing can be such a mine-field 'round here...one sometimes precludes the other...

Good Luck.

Rain,

Is it cooler than google earth?

I will get the book soon and see what sort of new path opens up, it sounds a bit cool.gif like rocknroll... with a whole lotta shakin goin on...

Turbo has discontinued his Kunlun practice but he called it "heavy metal" cultivation... he really thrashed about, it was pretty wild to see. Max told him not to let it get that wild... keep it to Stevie Wonder level. He's back to the more mellow AYP scene.

Guest winpro07

I went to your site from the link you posted on TB. There i read more slander from you regarding KL. There are gapping holes in your interpretation of KL. Posting a link on TB to your own site in order to dismay sincere practitioners is a very weak underhanded act .There are many practicing KL who have many years experience in other arts. Many have responded to your blind accusation, and slander, and name calling. You have said enough. Everyone knows you disagree. No one who knows KL is going to stop from your insults.

Sunday evening I'll be analyzing the potential for energy vampirism in kunlun seminars and it's relationship to the dishonesty of Max and the clarity and experience of the customers, so I appreciate your display of maturity here, Winpro, thanks for helping me out. It's nice to know you've been cruising ET looking for ammunition, I hope you learn something useful during your visits there.

I see you went through the I-Ching thread at ET and took comments I made in many different posts out of context + editing. What is your point, Winpro? The fact that I am a serious student of physics does not negate the fact that I experience synchronicity and things like premonitions. I can also do things with energy that seem to defy laws of physics as currently understood. So what? Are you saying that someone who knows physics shouldn't experience these things?

Most 'real' Taoists love the I-Ching. Are you a Taoist Winpro?

By the way, for the rest of you here is the online I-Ching that is referred to above. It is nicely done and uses the Wilhelm version for explanations. It is in both English and French. I think it's fun,check it out.

The Oracle

I-Ching, the Book of Changes

Edited by cat

Turbo has discontinued his Kunlun practice but he called it "heavy metal" cultivation... he really thrashed about, it was pretty wild to see. Max told him not to let it get that wild... keep it to Stevie Wonder level. He's back to the more mellow AYP scene.

imo, the kunlun energy-blend, when it goes interior, flows through the fascia (sinew-channels) - as well as other places. If you look at body-movements in internal-arts systems (where sinew changing is prevelant) you'll see curved movements, like from when kunlun is working something out (or trying to). We all know from Sonnon's, and others', work that there are often all sorts of warps stored in the fascia. Seems to me that Sonnon's intu-flow, or any more traditional sinew-changing system would work well to complement kunlun.

Rain,

Is it cooler than google earth?

yoda,

depends. you wanna see my house or details from cosmos? :D

see also

http://www.nasa.gov/topics/universe/index.html

Hi SJ,

There is a nice video that mwight posted a few months ago called THUNDERBOLTS OF THE GODS. A new view of the old thing.

Take care, M.

Thanks so much, I watched the whole dang thing! It seemed a little slow in spots but I really like it and it makes a lot of sense.

Edit: also read:

The Science of Oneness

This is from archived website... the original website is gone.

It's late and I only read a bit of chapter 2, but it does seem to agree with the view of a Magus I'm reading about and with the descriptions of creation and how the material world comes into being. Is that archived website going to be there for long?

Edited by Starjumper7

I understand your perspective, but you are missing the bigger picture of what this practice can do for you. It is not a "shaking" practice. It is a "letting go" practice.

Letting go into your own depths is a very simple yet difficult thing.

You will face your demons and you must be brave to move through them.

Shaking and letting go, I'm familiar with these things to some extent. There are various types of letting go, there's physical letting go, emotional letting go, and mental letting go, which are you referring to?

There is also physical, mental, and emotional bliss.

I'm familiar with demons too, I've dealt with my own and I've had surprise visitors which inspired me to stop meditation for awhile.

Take the posture and let the mind go for one hour. You might be surprised at what happens to you.

I might try that some day, and I might be surprised too, but I'm a little jaded now, not easy to surprise anymore. I did do it for awhile already. I've done a lot of shaking with quite a few postures for quite a few years. There's even a way to combine shaking with energy packing, but that's not a posture.

SJ - you seem pretty sincere in yr willingness to teach, but also condescending in yr attitude -as if you need to position yrself above others... such hubris is antithetical to Taoist thinking as I interpret it, but it works well in our modern world

The making friends and influencing people thing can be such a mine-field 'round here...one sometimes precludes the other...

Good Luck.

Thanks. I think you missed the mark there, but good try. I'm just an old grump dumping on a liar, typical Taoist BS. You may be interested in knowing that there is an Indian tribe that knows Max and their name for him is Coyote, which means liar.

I have a Taoist buddy who goes trolling for muggers, does he have hubris too or is he just having fun?

Edited by Starjumper7

I went to your site from the link you posted on TB. There i read more slander from you regarding KL. There are gapping holes in your interpretation of KL. Posting a link on TB to your own site in order to dismay sincere practitioners is a very weak underhanded act .There are many practicing KL who have many years experience in other arts. Many have responded to your blind accusation, and slander, and name calling. You have said enough. Everyone knows you disagree. No one who knows KL is going to stop from your insults.

Yes, but reasonable people may not start, and if Max is an energy vampire that's good. Starjumper, shining white knight of Nei Kung, arch enemy of energy vampires to the rescue!!!

Incidentally for you shakers and quakers out there in Taoland there is a most excellent book about shaking, it has MUCH more information than Max's little pamphlet for the same price, and in it you will see a clear explanation of what is happening in the Max attax seminars. The book is Shaking Medicine - the Healing Power of Ecstatic Movement by Bradford Keeney. Buy it.

Someone asked about Pillars of Bliss on my forum and that's what brought me here, much to your dismay. I know the truth can hurt, Max is a liar, so go ahead and hurt. The comments on my website are completely reasonable observations made in a calm setting. The energy vampire discussion there will have to wait a bit.

Edited by Starjumper7

I bought a copy of Shaking Medicine and have only skimmed it so far. Seems like an excellent book and there is certainly overlap between the two systems, but as far as I could tell it advocated playing the included African dance drumming CD and just moving spontaneously with it. I think that approach could be very effective for some people but white Americans... especially white male Americans are way past this level of redemption. :lol:

I remember taking an African dance class in college... the teacher and her drummer were astonished by how much we sucked... all races and genders in the class... no gains were made, sadly. If it had been a ballroom dancing class, maybe there would have been a prayer.

No other spontaneous chikung practice has been able to capture my attention or get results like Kunlun, at least for me.

When I started HT I was shaking a lot. Then eventually I stopped shaking. The interpretation was that as the channels opened they would not shake anymore.

Anybody here had similar experiences with the HT, and is now shaking with KL, and would like to comment on the differences, similarities between the two?

Cat,

The book looks nice enough, but it didn't live up to my hopes for it so I tossed it onto the back burner. I was hoping for more Kunlun info from a cross cultural perspective but it didn't overlap as much as I had hoped. If you are a fan of African dance and Kunlun, it might be worth picking up.

Pietro,

As for shaking, when I met Max I got the standard spontaneous shakes for about a week or so. Kunlun isn't so much about shaking though. Check out the "oh glory" youtube vid for a better handle on it if you haven't already. For me, Kunlun tends to be even more mellow than the vid with the movements being very smooth and repetitive. I've heard that the shaking side effect can come and go but it's my understanding that there will mostly be some form of movement with Kunlun practice.

Yoda

I just got back from the lecture Max gave in Los Angeles. The room was packed. Must have been about 60 or 70 persons in a fairly small room. A lot of the people I had seen before. Several people gave testimonials on how Kunlun had helped them or told the type of experiences they were having.

One of Max's top students was there. She has been having some pretty strong "death" experiences and is about ready to have the golden dragon body experience. She tried to put into words about what she has been experiencing. It was inspiring to listen to her. It show that Kunlun can lead you to the highest experience if you really want that.

Max mentioned that the transmission helps you to get connected to the 2701 masters of the Kunlun lineage. If you really work at this path maybe you will see them in your meditation.

Max told about recently he met with a very high level Tibetan Master. Max said that they were able to communicate mind to mind without words. The Tibetan Master's Los Angeles representative was there and gave Max some gifts as appreciation. Max mentioned that the Tibetan Master is going to start having some of his students add Kunlun to their practice.

To me Kunlun is a genuine and authentic path and I am happy that I am on it. From what I heard at the lecture I am not the only one that feels that way. Craig

Very cool!

Just a minor technical correction though is that while males attain "Golden Dragon Body," females attain "Golden Phoenix Body." Although they are equivalent to each other. And I'd love to hear what she had to say about her experiences!

Anyhow, again, I wish we could just have a Kunlun subforum here because the same old issues get raised over and over. But, if people could find all the old threads in one spot, they wouldn't keep repeating themselves.

Guest winpro07

SJ is Fook Yueng your teacher?

Edited by winpro07

You certainly impress you.

Keep guessing :) I prefer to think of it as high spirited. You know, a high spirited old fart, ever seen one? It must be from having lots of shen energy or something.

I bought a copy of Shaking Medicine and have only skimmed it so far. Seems like an excellent book and there is certainly overlap between the two systems, but as far as I could tell it advocated playing the included African dance drumming CD and just moving spontaneously with it. I think that approach could be very effective for some people but white Americans... especially white male Americans are way past this level of redemption. :lol:

The book looks nice enough, but it didn't live up to my hopes for it so I tossed it onto the back burner. I was hoping for more Kunlun info from a cross cultural perspective but it didn't overlap as much as I had hoped. If you are a fan of African dance and Kunlun, it might be worth picking up.

I haven't read it yet either, but I looked through it and read little bits of it. I did see plenty of references to the bliss and the transferring of energy to beginners and for healing. The main reason I got it was to see if it had lessons on the different techniques for shaking to see if it was reporting on any of the methods I know (to see if it was giving away any secrets =) I guess I'm a natural born shaker because when I used to go out dancing and there would be a rock and roll drum solo I was amazed to see everyone leave the dance floor because it made me want to go crazy with shaking, and I did, sometimes. I think I'll put that CD on tomorrow and try it out again.

Edited by Starjumper7

I gave the book to my Mom, but next time I visit her, I'll look at the book more closely.